1 (20%)
Tal (Suiko4)
1 (20%)
Ryu (BoF4)
0 (0%)
Drachma (SoA)
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Bonus Match: Fisherman's Friend  (Read 874 times)

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
Bonus Match: Fisherman's Friend
« on: June 26, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »
In retrospect, the first problem should have been easy to predict. While it wasn't quite forty days and forty nights, the Drizzle was certainly long enough to flood the arena. The second problem, however...

"All right, let me get this straight - not only is the stadium flooded, but now there's several schools of fish in there? How did this happen?!"

Gobi and Irenes looked at each other for a moment before they both turned away, blushing. Fortunately for the sanity of everyone in the meeting, nobody noticed.

"Well, I suppose it doesn't matter. Let's just get a drain built in and empty the arena..."

"No can do, boss. As long as there are fish in that arena, it's classified as a lake and our contractors have a no-lake policy. The fish have to go first."

And since there's no way that a logical solution would be done when there's a pointless and potentially entertaining one available, the call went out to four Men! Of! The Sea (And Sometimes Sky)! to clean out the arena.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus Match: Fisherman's Friend
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:14:29 AM »
Miguel is kind of a weird undead fisherman, so I can't see him really competing here. Ryu4 is strictly a hobby fisherman and can't compete with really manly fishers. Tal... well, he has access to military grade ships and at least is from a water culture, so that's to his advantage.

On the other hand, the quickest way to win a contract like this is to eliminate the competition. Tal's ship won't be able to do much after Drachma calls in a favor and borrows the Delphinus to smash the shit out of the other fisherman and then blow up the entire lake.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:26:55 AM »
Miguel goes back in time when he loses until he wins.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »
Y'know, I was -wondering- what I was going to write to wrap up my Rainy Day bonus. This is awesome, you win 5 intarnets.

My gut reaction to this was Drachma because that harpoon is pretty awesome and manly. Also, Delphinus. It looks like it could handle a lake just as well as the sky.