Author Topic: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 1  (Read 4214 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 1
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 05:29:53 AM »
Vinsfeld is about 10x durability to me, and I remember Incur My Wrath's instant death chance being significantly higher than 5% from my experience (assuming none of the Resist Death PS skills).  So...probably enough there.  Though ignoring charge-times for Cyan...helps a bit.  Vinsfeld counters, but I think it's just regular attacks?  Can't remember for sure.

Even when no scaling is in play...your scaling is baffling. Do you naturally double Vinsfield HP or put 1 PC HP=the amount of damage a single PC can do in a round or something?

For CK, editted in votes for the higher division.
...into the nightfall.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Listed average damage at that point in time I eyeballed at 2400 or so...although, looking at it now, it's...probably a bit lower, maybe closer to 1500 (as per the notes placed by MeepleLard here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,225.0.html).  But eh, we'll go with 2400.  Vinsfeld has 24000 HP.  24000/2400 = 10x.  I'm assuming his non-Ghost form, non-duel form for this.

Granted, I vote on Ghost Vinsfeld anyway, which makes the point moot (except vs. one or two groups there, but...), but there you have it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:22:01 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
So.  Point of order on the DL's prized make-stuff-up rulez.  Scaling is a total hack to make DL bosses interesting, etc., but we're not scaling today, so it doesn't matter.  The only thing that should really matter for unscaled boss HP are
A) where a voter sees the WA2 damage average, which can certainly wildly vary
B) general 'respect' penalties if someone translates strangely (e.g. say to cruddy AI).

The ratio of average damage to PCHP is irrelevant vs. unscaled bosses.  OK is going with average damage from one character = 1 PCHP.  Fine, but then average-offense characters are emitting 1 PCHP damage a round, so it's moot.  (although this also means that Crono is some unstoppable OHKO monster vs. PCs)  If it takes 10 rounds of 'average' PC offensive actions to kill a boss, it takes 10 rounds of 'average' PC offensive actions to kill a boss.  Doesn't matter what "average" you see for translating in-game offense into DL offense: 10 PCHP durability vs. 1 PCHP avg. damage, or 4 PCHP durability vs. .4 PCHP average damage.  (It's even more clear for bosses that get OHKOed in-game.  They should clearly be OHKOed unscaled by 'average' damage unscaled as well, which they aren't if you use .4 PCHP avg. damage but 1 PCHP 'defense'.)

(That said, respecting the ID more or allowing superboss Vinny certainly turn it anyway, so it doesn't actually matter.  Just pointing out the above.)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »
Listed average damage at that point in time I eyeballed at 2400 or so...although, looking at it now, it's...probably a bit lower, maybe closer to 1500 (as per the notes placed by MeepleLard here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,225.0.html).  But eh, we'll go with 2400.  Vinsfeld has 24000 HP.  24000/2400 = 10x.  I'm assuming his non-Ghost form, non-duel form for this.

Shouldn't that be 24000/(2400*3), for the amount of PCs he faces in-game?

Granted, I vote on Ghost Vinsfeld anyway, which makes the point moot (except vs. one or two groups there, but...), but there you have it.

If that's the case, Tim and Luceid win instantly because TurnUndead has initiative and automatically kills Ghost (it can be done in-game!).

Heavyweight Division- Badge of Stamina

I...  Don't understand Grandia mechanics at all, so I don't know Melfice even close enough to guess on some of these matches.

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Augustine Naboor and Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)  vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Jessica De'Alkirk and Luna  (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Crono and Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Ulrika Mulberry and Etward Dysler (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Dorothy and Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Fujin and Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Dekar and Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Weigraf Folles and Beowulf Cadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Razelux Mitzen and Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Maya Schroedinger and Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Meru and Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Peppita Rosetti and Adray Lasbard (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Vanille de Oerba and Clair 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Prove Yourself Division- Badge of Healing

Emma Hetfield and Mariel (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2) - Mariel's HP is something terribad.  They have issues staying alive AND doing damage.
Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2) - If his HP was just 4x, they'd take this!
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2) - Infinite Healing Works for non-ghost, TurnUndead for Ghost.  Boom.
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Guido and Mullen (Grandia) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2) - ?
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Chu-Chu and Maria Balthasar (Xenogears) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Liz and Ard (Wild ARMs 2) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Alfred Shroedinger and Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Rufus Shinra and Palmer (Final Fantasy VII) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Mario and Luigi (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Flonne and Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2) - ?
Solt and Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
Not that it matters, but Turn Undead most certainly does not have initiative. I had to restart the Ghost Vinsfeld fight in order to twink Tim to go first there.

Shouldn't that be 24000/(2400*3), for the amount of PCs he faces in-game?

We're not scaling boss HP against number of PCs faced in-game here. Also, not everyone even does that normally...

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
Oh, I completely understand the "standards" of scaling.  I just go with different ones.  I generally assume 1 shot of average damage (made up of all characters who can attack at that point with their best, repeatable damage) for bosses.  I go under the assumption that the average player is an idiot - no FAQs, overall below average player, etc.  I do this to take into account all the other things a cast can do (heal, defend, support skills, be dead prior to battle, etc.) besides constantly attack, since rarely will all characters be attacking - really, how often does Jessica in Lunar attack, for instance?  I never scale bosses back at all.  Generally the levels I use are higher, but the overall set-up tends to be weaker.  In 1-on-1 matches this tends to stand out more than the 2-on-1 fights, but eh.  It's been my standard.

And yeah, Turn Undead isn't initiative anyway...not like it matters, as I allow form-choice completely, so Vinsfeld just goes with one of his other forms there.  Doesn't help all their damage is pretty below average, and that average damage at that point is probably, as noted in the topic, closer to 1500 or so.  Yeah....

Randomly - we could use the rest of the WA2 bosses. 
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 06:34:28 AM »
I suppose my point is that scaling is irrelevant, so can you clarify what you mean?  If you use a 1500 damage average - totally reasonable - then Vinny takes 16 "average damage" hits to die, or is 6.4 PCHP by "average damage = .4 PCHP" scaling.  Where is this 10x PCHP coming from?  Are you actually saying the damage average should be 1 PCHP is average damage for a round?  (In which case having 10 PCHP is still equally as impressive as 4-5 PCHP for most.)   Or are you reverse-scaling where you give bosses bonus HP so they can take more hits, unscaled, than they do in game?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Clarissa loathes unscaling with all her might, yes. Alexia doesn't much like Melfice evade either, she's accurate but no Wakka.
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Isn't Melfice's moveblock tied to his evadable basic physical? That should stave off the threat of a turn one status hit for sure. Otherwise, see NEB with a bit less respect for Melfice raw HP.
Augustine Naboor and Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - No healing and pure evadable physical team against unscaled Melfice? Not happening.

Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - hey guyze charm
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Stocke and Aht can revive each other all day and Stocke at least circumvents Melfice evade with his better damage being magic... but I'm not sure trying to push and pull him is a great idea with that evasion. Melfice near-OHKOs Aht with DWS and he overwhelms the crappy MT healing eventually with his own MT, partly due to Aht's egregious durability failure across the board. On the other hand, Stocke may be able to drain through Melfice HP before Aht dies (when she does, the battle goes south) and I think Silence isn't an issue here either. Rather close, will have to think about it. I think they -definitely- lose if they go for the trap spamming, though. Aht can't afford to spend a turn not healing.
Jessica De'Alkirk and Luna  (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Um yeah. Silence hitting means the girls are dead meat.

Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - I love NEB.
Crono and Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Revive-lock.
Ulrika Mulberry and Etward Dysler (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - This is honestly pretty simple. Et runs out of SP long before she etches through Melfice's HP and evade and Ulrika's healing doesn't really mitigate Melfice's damage well enough along with being horrendously expensive. She can annoy Melfice when Cannonball's Slow connects, but the team lacks the resource depth necessary to manhandle him.
Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - lol

Dorothy and Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Against unscaled Melfice, the team just doesn't -quite- have the resources. Against scaled Melfice, Dorothy honestly has a good shot at soloing him (Mirror Skin to ward off Silence long-term since it's not turn one, Overclock+cheese handles the rest), but unscaled, even with changed averages, the party struggles too much. Lion can't even -damage- Melfice, for starters, because of the accuracy woes, and while his buffs will see use here, the struggle to deal damage just speaks loudly. Oh well.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Blitz.
Fujin and Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Fail.
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Remember what Millenia does to G2 bosses in-game? Yeah, that's just how it goes.

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Doesn't Melfice have lightning damage -somewhere-? That probably just owns this party bad, since it makes Melfice kill Teddie near-instantly.
Dekar and Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Yeah no.
Weigraf Folles and Beowulf Cadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - No.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Close, but no dice. Unscaled HP Melfice is borderline overpowered against DL-bound PCs.

Razelux Mitzen and Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - No score for the MK folks. Lily is just kinda bad. =(
Maya Schroedinger and Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - um
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - OKAY. There are a few considerations to make here. Pamela -can actually kill herself- by casting stuff, which might well be to her advantage if she can keep Flay in controllable range - that's a reasonable "if". Now, here's the deal - if she connects Slow turn one on Melfice, the fight is entirely under their fingers - Melfice goes into slightly-above-half-Ghaleon-speed range and Pamela has all the time in the world to play her own game while Flay can contribute a bit. 1/3 average speed Melfice can't pressure anything ever. Thing is that, if that fails? Melfice pretty much overwhelms them, since he 2HKOs Pamela with Tremor and I don't think he fears Last Stand enough to have that tilt things over, and then there's the speed split (He may 3-2 them even after the past turn one speed boost). But I'm fine with assuming Slow is turn one and Melfice's already stacked up with things in his favor enough. So sure.
Meru and Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Holy shit Melfice borderline OHKOs Albert with Tremor.

Peppita Rosetti and Adray Lasbard (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - noooooooooooooooope.
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Silence-blocking and SH buffs should tilt the match in their favor. SP issues may abound, but my kneejerk is that they manage well enough.

Failure later.

Emma Hetfield and Mariel (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Guido and Mullen (Grandia) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Chu-Chu and Maria Balthasar (Xenogears) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Liz and Ard (Wild ARMs 2) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Alfred Shroedinger and Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Rufus Shinra and Palmer (Final Fantasy VII) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Mario and Luigi (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Flonne and Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)
Solt and Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:33:21 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
Aht doesn't get/have revival I thought? At least if I recall correctly she doesn't.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »
If she doesn't, it gets worse for the team, in all honesty.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 09:26:01 PM »
Aht indeed lacks revival.  That said while I don't buy Melfice being able to evade movement skills (go G2 evasion being trash), this doesn't really change much.  Stocke doesn't even 2HKO average and while his durability is good, it's not so crash hot that he's winning this fight all by himself, and at absolute best, Melfice is only going to feel the full effect of one star trap.  That going for revival is a bad plan here basically doesn't need to be said at this point.

As for Vinsfeld, well I have lower respect for him overall on the whole, but yeah it really doesn't change much.  At best a couple teams that couldn't otherwise wear him down and this whole thing fucking fails because aww yeah unscaled bosses held against teams of two people held to DL restrictions.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2011, 01:05:12 AM »
If she doesn't, it gets worse for the team, in all honesty.

Apparently. Apparently Melfice respect is even higher than I thought too, I mean I knew his respect was high but not -this- high!~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
Aht not having revival is not amazingly important, I think.  If Aht dies: Stocke uses his solid 70% PCHP revive.   If Stocke is pressured: Aht uses Super Heal on Stocke.  If they are being MT chipped: Aht spams healz.  Still closeish since Aht has a lot she wants to do, I definitely would vote against them if I thought she couldn't get away with an initial trap to blow up Melfice's sword, since I give Melfice his parts (but don't respect his speed quite as much as the stat topic, and respect Aht speed a lot, which helps).

Re the various people noting a Revive-lock on Crono / Marle (Which includes me, I suppose): It's actually worse than that.  Crono's Life is 25% or so, so even if you hold Melfice to one part, he can switch to Demon Horde Slash to still re-KO Marle while also pressuring Crono.

Jo'ou, re Jessica/ Luna: From your votes, I think you hold Melfice to one action a turn.  If so, Silence is a wasted turn - both of them have status curing, they heal the other if it hits.  (Jessica / Luna may have other problems, the main one of which is killing Melfice through his evade before running out of MP, though.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »
If Aht dies: Stocke uses his solid 70% PCHP revive.

Er, why can't Melfice just keep KOing Aht at this point (since 60% to average surely does >70% to Aht)? He's faster than both PCs, and I'm pretty sure RH CTB resets upon death, so he can do this until he doubleturns Stocke.

Unless... are you claiming Aht is faster than Melfice? Because coming from someone who thinks Melfice tends to be overhyped, that's crazy.

EDIT: Wait, Luna has status curing? I don't want to think about that match now.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »
I don't think Aht being faster than Melfice is that outrageous if you allow her the unique +10 Speed Daggers or whatever it is.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 02:37:56 AM »
If Aht dies: Stocke uses his solid 70% PCHP revive.

Er, why can't Melfice just keep KOing Aht at this point (since 60% to average surely does >70% to Aht)? He's faster than both PCs, and I'm pretty sure RH CTB resets upon death, so he can do this until he doubleturns Stocke.

This.  Aht is nearly OHKO'd by WSS at full HP as it is and she's definitely outspeed by default.  Kannagi Knife *might* let her outspeed but only just (and hurts her damage, and by a not that insignificant amount to me), and RH CTB *definitely* resets on death, so no hyping Stocke revival being worth a damn here.

If so, Silence is a wasted turn - both of them have status curing, they heal the other if it hits.  (Jessica / Luna may have other problems, the main one of which is killing Melfice through his evade before running out of MP, though.)

Considering their *epic* failure at being able to damage Melfice at all, since evasion issues aside, *neither of them* breaks average damage after 2x Cascade Songs, odds are that Melfice is going to be able to silence them both on a double (which he *is* getting) long before they come anywhere close to killing him, even with being generous and assuming Luna uses a bow (which is *not* her best weapon) and avoiding the issue of Shhh! being GT, simply on the grounds of how long the fight has to take here for the girls to win.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:18:12 AM by Random Consonant »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2011, 05:46:24 PM »
RH revival seemed worse than just resetting CT.  I think there's some weirdery where the revive doesn't actually happen exactly when the character gets a turn on the turn order, so there's delay -> 0 CT, which makes the revived person have an extra delay before their turn.  Pretty sure I've seen slower people get two turns in between when the reviver got a turn and the revived gets one.

rh speed mechanics

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2011, 08:55:46 PM »
Well yeah though when this happened to me before Aht was the in between person and she got nine or ten turns in a row after >_>

rh speed mechanics

~

Edit - Ok final votes~

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- I guess not =/

Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Crono and Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Fujin and Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) vs Melfice (Grandia II) - Can't find data about lightning damage?
Weigraf Folles and Beowulf Cadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- I guess not =/

Maya Schroedinger and Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Meru and Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Peppita Rosetti and Adray Lasbard (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Vanille de Oerba and Clair 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Melfice (Grandia II)
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Melfice (Grandia II)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:40:54 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiiii
Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- i Tiebreak for not failing.
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- ii
Augustine Naboor and Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiiii

Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI)- iiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iii
Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiii  vs Melfice (Grandia II)- ii
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia)- iiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iii
Jessica De'Alkirk and Luna  (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiii

Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iii
Crono and Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiiiii
Ulrika Mulberry and Etward Dysler (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iii
Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)

Dorothy and Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iii
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II)- iiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- i
Fujin and Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiiii
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II)- iiiiiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- i

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4)- iiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- ii
Dekar and Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiii
Weigraf Folles and Beowulf Cadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)- i vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiiiii
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V)- ii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiii

Razelux Mitzen and Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiii
Maya Schroedinger and Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiii
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- iii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- i
Meru and Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiiiii

Peppita Rosetti and Adray Lasbard (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- ii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- iiiii
Vanille de Oerba and Clair 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- i
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiiii vs Melfice (Grandia II)- i

Emma Hetfield and Mariel (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiii
Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiii
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiiii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- i
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiii

Estella and Rody (Suikoden III)- iii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiii
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- iiii  vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- i
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- ii
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI)- iiiii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iii

Guido and Mullen (Grandia) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiii
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiii
Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)- ii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiii
Chu-Chu and Maria Balthasar (Xenogears)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiiii

Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- i
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- iiiiiiii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)-
Liz and Ard (Wild ARMs 2) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiiii
Alfred Shroedinger and Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiii

Rufus Shinra and Palmer (Final Fantasy VII)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiiii
Mario and Luigi (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iii
Flonne and Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- i vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiii
Solt and Peppor (Chrono Cross) vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iiiii

Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- ii vs Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (Wild ARMs 2)- iii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.