Author Topic: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 3  (Read 1891 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 3
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:31:45 AM »
And so we have eliminations.

Augustine Naboor and Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)
Jessica De'Alkirk and Luna  (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Dorothy and Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road)
Fujin and Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)
Dekar and Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Weigraf Folles and Beowulf Cadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Razelux Mitzen and Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Maya Schroedinger and Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)
Meru and Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon)
Peppita Rosetti and Adray Lasbard (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)

Emma Hetfield and Mariel (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) (Loss by Decision)
Guido and Mullen (Grandia)
Chu-Chu and Maria Balthasar (Xenogears)
Liz and Ard (Wild ARMs 2)
Alfred Shroedinger and Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3)
Rufus Shinra and Palmer (Final Fantasy VII)
Mario and Luigi (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga)
Flonne and Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)
Solt and Peppor (Chrono Cross) (Loss by Decision)

This week we'll have a slight variation, as our test encounters will be altered from their standard DL performance.
The Heavyweight division shall face:
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- Equipped with and only with Ultima Weapon, Mystile, Touph Ring, and Enemy Skills Materia

The Prove Yourself division shall face:
Elhaym Van Houten (Xenogears)- Elly may equip a Speed Ring S in addition to her legal equipment options.

And so, the games begin again.

Heavyweight Division- Badge of Versatility

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3) LOSS  vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Ulrika Mulberry and Etward Dysler (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Vanille de Oerba and Clair 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Prove Yourself Division- Badge of Alertness

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS vs  Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier) LOSS vs  Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

Remember to check the setups for this weeks opponents, and happy hunting.

(Hopefully I didn't miscount anything...)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:45:00 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 3
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 03:52:10 AM »
Heavyweight Later once people comment about what MT Enemy Skilll had.

Prove Yourself Division- Badge of Alertness (This one is going to get dull fast)

Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- Assuming Speed RingS Elly is scaled against her own 11 Speed, Norn is slightly faster and can combine with Saradin to KO her.
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS vs  Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- Assuming FF 4 Sleep is okay. Edward has 84% chance of Sleep or Charm over 2 turns and his physical is so bad he can wake Tellah up with it and still not kill him despite Elly having attacked.
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:23:51 AM »
Bad Breath (100% lots of status) and Pandora's Box (high 3HKO probably) are MT.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:48:05 AM »

I'd just like to point out this is secretly the "badge of speed" again.  If Cloud takes a turn and there isn't full status blocking up for both characters, it's bad times.  OTOH, Tough Ring doesn't actually do very much, and locks out Cloud's status resistance, so.

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Alexia his however hard necessary to not trigger a limit, then Sacrifice.  I have no idea how Rob Turn and Limits would interact but luckily don't really have to.  Vaguely possible the numbers might line up perfectly wrong where Revolver Sweep triggers a limit, but the lesser damage isn't enough to kill with Sacrifice, but I doubt it.  (And Sacrifice is ITD rendering Tough Ring extra irrelevant.)
Not blitzing, don't think starting Rages has a deadly status to offer.

Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
No Commando, so no blitzing.  Hope can open Haste / Veil...  but...  Snow still bites it, and Cloud keeps spamming Bad Breath until it hits through Veil.  Not really seeing a way for this one besides Sentinel-taunts-force-Cloud-to-be-dumb.
Mystlie screws with elements, but Sleep trap -> switch -> arrange combo turn of doom. 
Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Can't blitz?  Can't status?  You lose.

I don't think 3x Quick Hits & a Rikku poke does enough.
More Canopy Defense.
Ryudo slows Cloud down somehow (physicals?  special move?  Doesn't really matter) enough for Millenia to win the speedbreak.  Don't normally examine Grandia stunlocks too closely, but comes up here.

ID, if nothing else.
Vanille de Oerba and Clair 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
See G2 fight.  Lightning ties Cloud up long enough to respect Vanille status, though it's still a coinflip since Vanille's earlier shots can miss and it's only the 5x in aggregate that are really scary.
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
SH has badass status blockers, but I assume Bad Breath has Toad.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:10:14 AM »
I'm assuming Cloud's accessory is locked? This changes some votes if not. Whatever, Cloud's crazy good anyway (I don't think he loses any matches if I let him swap his accessory, actually). This is like last week except that Cloud is slightly slower than Ryu, but waaay harder to kill unless you have ITE, which spoils a good number of the people who beat Ryu by blitzing him.

Touph Ring makes Cloud's pdur 114% and his mdur 124%. Mystile's 60% evasion is more notable certainly. Snowfire's hype for people "Tying Cloud up" given his evade rate seems... suspect, as does turn 1 trap hype. Hell, turn anything trap hype, I'd subject both the push and the trap to an evasion check so have a nice day.

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Rob Turn ignores evade and is extremely good at locking opponents down, Alexia should be accurate enough to finish in the meantime. I'll change this vote if Cloud can use accessories, stop immunity.
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Okay, this is great. Like, seriously, best thing ever. Cloud should win this, he really should. Megawindblast checks evade, so White Rose can't do anything notable to him and he'll get a turn and Bad Breath (although that miiight check GlassShield which would make this interesting? Probably not, he'd haste and overwhelm it). BUUUT. FlashFire is ITE. FlashFire combos with DeadEnd. DeadEnd's instant death rate in a combo is 100%. Might change if Cloud blocks death.
Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Charm! Which comes with status immunity! But it's like turn 6 due to Mystile. Depends entirely if Cloud can muster the 2HKO, I think. So Cloud hastes, puts Mog to sleep, 2-3HKOs Gau with Shadow Flare, then finishes off Mog with whatever. Cloud can ignore evade with Roulette, but this gets him Bad Breath'd. Io's an option for ITE damage... but that gets haste/healed away.

Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Bad Breath domination continues.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Still more Bad Breath. Or just out-tanks and steals all of their MP, even if you see Sky Drops blocking stuff it doesn't in-game.
Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): More Bad Breath nonsense.

Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Can't blitz this.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): The extra mdur should make the difference, he's now only 2HKOed and the evasion makes that worse. I don't see how Canopy Defence helps here.
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): How like last week.

Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): See the Tengaar/Jowy match.
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Yep.
Vanille de Oerba and Clair 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Vanille can't get through the Mystile in time.
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): If Lucia's status immunity oil worked on herself... and she weren't slower than Cloud...

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 05:19:09 AM »
Cloud being unable to change accessories is indeed the point of the Touph Ring being equipped.  It's meant to slow him down.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »
Hmm.  It may be fair to let Push Assault be dodgable (which would definitely not make the strategy not turn 1 since Sleep Trap is ~75% or so), but I'd definitely disagree with letting the trap itself be dodgable.  That'd be like "dodging" a WA4 poisoned hex; if you're on the wrong space, you get hit with the effect.  I let 3x Sky Drops block everything (usual status blocking of stuff not in home game interp argument there), and 100 FF7 MP isn't close to an MP OHKO, so...  that's 2x more Push Assaults coming even if the first one misses.  And Sleep Trap -> Stock's Left / Right Assaults if the Sleep misses.  FF7 average MP is apparently 530, so Magic Hammer is an MP 6HKO.  Plenty of time to miss the setup and still hit.

Re Ryudo / Lightning hype, well, they do get 2 hits / 5 hits on their physicals, so even if only some connect, there's some effect.  G2 specials are probably ITE anyway (they'll hit a boss like Melfice who has great dodge vs. physicals).

On the other hand, have no idea about Jowy / Tengaar now.  Elecman's hype in chat was apparently Mighty Guard -> White Wind -> outspeed + outtank Jowy, relying on Mystile evade.  WIll let others comment.

On the note of Lightning...  in nitpicking nobody cares about that I already lightly mentioned to CK, for the record, I'd like to say that Lightning's name is Lightning.  It isn't a codename or a nickname or some tool to stop her evil father from knowing where she is; she *actually changed her name* to it.  Yes it's kind of stupid, but it seems awkward using Lightning's old name which almost never comes up in-game, a name she abandoned.  It'd be like R-66Y "Robo" (Chrono Trigger).

Yellow Scarves.

Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Assuming that Elly is faster than Jin here and that Jr. / Jin don't 2HKO.

Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
CK, Cyan / Banon lost horribly to S4 Jeane, so they should probably have a LOSS marker.

Block Sleep.

EDIT: Sure, will buy Elly status-blocking hype.
SO2 didn't have Sleep, and no storebought all-blocker apparently.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:15:02 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »
It's spelled 'Claire' anyway. GOD!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 06:30:15 AM »
That they did.  That they did.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 06:49:22 AM »
Hmm.  It may be fair to let Push Assault be dodgable (which would definitely not make the strategy not turn 1 since Sleep Trap is ~75% or so), but I'd definitely disagree with letting the trap itself be dodgable.  That'd be like "dodging" a WA4 poisoned hex; if you're on the wrong space, you get hit with the effect.  I let 3x Sky Drops block everything (usual status blocking of stuff not in home game interp argument there), and 100 FF7 MP isn't close to an MP OHKO, so...  that's 2x more Push Assaults coming even if the first one misses.  And Sleep Trap -> Stock's Left / Right Assaults if the Sleep misses.  FF7 average MP is apparently 530, so Magic Hammer is an MP 6HKO.  Plenty of time to miss the setup and still hit.

Push Assault should absolutely be evadable, there's zero evidence it isn't and FF7 evade is effective against a huge number of things (ITE is very rare). I disagree on traps, they're still an attack (plus, y'know, lots of things immune traps in-game, I will make judgement calls against them as such).

Regardless, it doesn't matter. Let's say S/A go for Sleep -> Push. Cloud responds with Mighty Guard, and now doubles both of them right away (FF7 haste is really good). So he moves so that it takes two pushes to get him onto the trap. Match over unless the team ever manages to push him twice and sleep all connects at the same time, which is something like an 11% chance of actually working. Not happening before the rapidly encroaching MP death.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
Nothing immunes a trap that can be pushed into it to my knowledge.  But sure, it's fair to holisticly punish traps for being in a game with notable unpushable enemies when most of the DL is pushable, and that might give Cloud enough time if you make traps dodgable as punishment.  (That said, no making fun of other people who use holistic punishments that don't always fit entirely into a strict interp of the game in question.  Like me in other circumstances.)

The strategy you describe doesn't really work, though, at least for the traps-themselves-can't-be-dodged case.  Assume the RH grid is a keyboard, so 7/4/1 are the back, and let's say Cloud starts in the center at 5 (although I'd start Cloud randomly in the center row myself, it doesn't matter here).   Aht: Trap 4.  Stocke: Push Assault (let's say miss).  Cloud: Mighty Guard.  Cloud: Move to 3.  Aht: Trap 1.  Stocke: Push Assault (miss 2?).  Cloud: Move to 9.  Cloud: Magic Hammer.  Aht: Trap 7 (the back is now fully trapped).  Stocke: Push Assault (miss 3?).  Cloud: Magic Hammer.  Aht: Push Assault (miss 4?).  Cloud: Magic Hammer. Aht (natural double of Stocke?): Push Assault (miss 5?) Stocke: Push Assault (miss 6?).

Cloud's gotten off 3 Magic Hammers vs. 6 push attempts.  If you let the traps be dodgable...  Cloud being pushed into a trap is waste of a turn, but Cloud has to then spend a turn moving back away to force Aht to lay a new trap.  Also note that both Sleep Trap & Push Assault are a whopping 3 MP, so Cloud really needs to exterminate their MP entirely.  So, since Cloud had setup time...  maybe 6 Magic Hammers vs. 10 push attempts?  Seems like it's at least a coinflip given the "traps are dodgable" interp.  (And Sky Drops hype, natch.)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 07:50:10 AM »

Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3) LOSS  vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Kneejerk
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Amusing enough for me to bite.
Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - uh sure okay

Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - While my kneejerk is against field effects like traps being evadeable, Push Assault certainly would be to me and I am honestly not feeling universal statusblocker love much anymore, which really is all that's required for this to go sour.

Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - dat evasion
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - okay sure

this comes later

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears) - sure
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears) - nope

Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears) - lulz
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS vs  Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears) -  more lulz

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:35:53 AM by Random Consonant »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:42:29 AM »
Might change if Cloud blocks death.

Enemy Skill gives Cloud access to the awsum of DEATH FORCE which blocks ID. If Cloud needs that first turn to do something else to avoid death though, this is moot.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »
Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): Pretty darn sure S1 unites execute at the faster PC's speed, so go first OHKO.
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): Luceid doesn't do much, gets two turns while Tim gets zero.
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): Oh right, they can block sleep.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): And so can they.

Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): No sleep immunity or blitz here. Jin gets statused first.
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): Cyan gets slept first.

Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): Unlike Cloud, I see nothing preventing Elly from equipping statusblockers.
Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): They're both slow as hell and can't do much to her.
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears): Competent sleep-immune team.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »

Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3) LOSS  vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) -

Ulrika Mulberry and Etward Dysler (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Kneejerking that their one shot of auto-life saves them.

Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

Quick voting, low Cloud durability respect, and probably overly-generous with status-blockers for both divisions.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 06:18:38 PM »

Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3) LOSS  vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) -

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Kneejerking that their one shot of auto-life saves them.

Quick voting by using a citizen as a base

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »
Quote from: DJ

The Auto-Life is -utterly irrelevant-. Bad Breath owns their ass something fierce with the MT ten billion statuses that at worst lets Cloud finish the utter raping with MP-busting, whoring, Haste+Wall insanity because Enemy Skill is completely nuts.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 05:00:52 AM »
Every Heavy team but Asellus/WR and Clarissa/Alexia lose. This will also leave like 4 Heavy teams actuallly still in.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II)LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 04:55:48 AM »

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS- iiiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3) LOSS  vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- i
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS- ii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iiii

Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS- ii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iii
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia)- iiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- ii
Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iiiii

Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X) LOSS- ii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iii
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II)- iii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- ii
Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS- iiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- ii
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS- ii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- i

Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS- iiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- i
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iiii
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS- iiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- i
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) LOSS vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iiiii

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS- iiii vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- i
Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- iiiiii
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS- iiiii vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS- iiiii vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)

Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- ii vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- i
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- iii
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI) LOSS vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- iiiiii
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS- iii vs  Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- i

Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV) LOSS- ii vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- iiii
Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier) LOSS- ii vs  Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- iii
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- i vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)- iiiii
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS- iiiii vs Elhaym van Houten (Xenogears)