Author Topic: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 4  (Read 1803 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 4
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:06:56 AM »
And so we have eliminations.

Lucas and Kumatora (Mother 3)
Gau and Mog (Final Fantasy VI)
Snow Villiers and Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)
Jude Maverick and Kresnik Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Ulrika Mulberry and Etward Dysler (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) (Eliminated due to 0 vote match)
Tidus and Rikku (Final Fantasy X)
Pamela Ibis and Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Blanca and Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)

Tim Rhymeless and Luceid (Wild ARMs 2)
Jin Uzuki and Gaignun Kukai Jr. (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)
Cyan Garamonde and Banon (Final Fantasy VI)
Edward and Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
Doll and Cotton (SaGa Frontier)

The opponents for this week are as follows.

The Heavyweights fight Deus (Gimmick Counter-heal form) (Xenogears).  Those in Prove Yourself instead face Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X).  These gimmicky bosses should be taken at their in-game AI values.  That is, Deus and Yu Yevon must use their self-targetting gravity attacks at their usual intervals, and HP based move restrictions should be enforced.

Heavyweights Division

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears)
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears)
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears)

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)

Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 4
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »
Heavyweights Division

Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears) - Glass Shield spam at worst.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears) - Yup
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears) - Canopy Defense hype????

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears) - Yosuke's Diarama to the rescue.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Survive, use combo.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Yu Yevon has to target Rody with Osmose, right? So Estella blows him up. I... I think... dear god this fight.
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Osmose is useless here, sooo...

Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Osmose kind of owns both of them. Hmm.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:26:42 PM by Nephrite »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:13:51 AM »
Blah, notes.

Before anyone asks in this topic, no Yu Yevon's opponents do not have Auto-Life >.>

Quick and dirty Deus stats.

40,000 HP
<9 Speed (probably 8)
Unremarkable defenses

Unnamed Attack: Halves All HP
Attack: ~2600
Cosmic Crusher: ~4000 Ether damage.

Counters all damage with healing for 16,000
Upon death, attacks one enemy with Attack

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 07:17:02 AM »
Heavyweights Division

Deus is about 2PCHP, uses that gravity move a lot, has 4HKO eventually, although AI shenanigans... hmm. I'm assuming he has to use the gravity move every second turn (pretty sure it's just random in-game, I've seen him go for long strings of one or the other). EDIT: Oh, okay, no scaling, so make that more like 7PCHP.

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): No healing here. Sacrifice ends up useless since it doesn't OHKO and therefore never will as its power gets cut along with Deus' HP. Anyway, I think this comes down to "does Alexia OHKO quartered-HP Deus" and that's a really close thing to me. EDIT: I'll tiebreak against the team because otherwise Deus will be swept and I don't think the point of a challenge like this is for every team to pass. Gotta reflect how much more these guys struggle!
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears): They can heal for long enough.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears): Healing is pretty much auto-win here.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears): Okay, he needs to use gravity three times to lose here, at which point it takes 88% KO damage to defeat him. Unfortunately both his opponents have that, and he can only kill one.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Millenia has some healing, and alternating it should probably be good enough. I think. It's closer now.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Miakis can heal off his gravity for long enough.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): 'dat infinite healing.

Prove Yourself Division

Yu Yevon now has about 2.68PCHP after defences, heals 10% of that each attack. Will knock himself into limit range (60% PCHP) after four attacks, so you get two rounds to kill him thereafter. In other words, do 1.6PCHP + 0.27PCHP per attack beyond the first in two rounds to win. Harder if you have magic.

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Wait for him to lower himself into limit range, 2HKO smash.
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Same as above. Unites are really great, here.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Um yeah, Osmose ruins this team's shit.

Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Do damage? Um, yeah, no.
Mallow and Croco (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Yeah, the offence just isn't what's needed, here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:04:44 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
Heavyweights Division

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears) - Deus sweeps.  He has no required AI setting to do his gravity attack every X-turns (I've seen him go a long time without using it - remember having to use Frame HP in that fight a lot), AND he's gear-sized vs. small opponents.  Overkill.
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears)
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears)
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears)

Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Another sweep.  Heals over average damage, reasonably durable.  Enough to get Ultima off, at least.  Yeah, no chance here.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)

Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 02:42:33 AM »
gear-sized vs. small opponents.  Overkill.

Strongly disagree with giving Deus free AI when this is explicitly the gimmick in-game form, but yeah, I agree that the 20 PCHP damage is pretty badass.  That said, for sake of sanity, I'll assume Gear opponent scaling.

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Deus (Xenogears) - Alexia deals a bit more than average damage.  Unfortuantely for her the way you do a lot of damage fast in XG Gear Combat is to build up to lvl. 3 or whatever with counters, then let Deus beat himself up, then kill him.  I'd probably say average damage needs to be a 3-turn average where that big damage doesn't show up, so Deus's HP is pretty awesome, maybe 6 PCHP.  Even if Deus derps up and targets Clarissa first with his random attacks, I don't think this works for them, even if Deus uses his gravity move 2/3 of the time.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears) - Healing.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears) - If Deus didn't have a final attack, then Jowy would probably win, but he does.  (I *do* assume that if your last Gear dies to this attack, you lose, right?)

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears) - Healing, SBE.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears) - Healing.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears) - Healing.

Prove Yourself Division

Uh...  Houston, we have a problem.  Yu Yevon has 100K HP.  FFX has a damage limit of 9999 -> 29997 is the maximum for a single dueler to inflict at once, scaled.   (Granted, that is basically average damage at this point in the game.)  Ultima apparently unlocks at 66,666 HP.  Which means that it's basically impossible to kill him before Ultima without a double.  And he's 119% average speed.  If you do have one character who can double, everybody on the team better be able to spam average damage, since 30 K damage -> 10K counter-cure -> 30K damage -> 10K counter-cure -> 27K damage is required to actually finish him off.  I wouldn't normally enforce such things, but when the entire gimmick of the fight revolves around it, I'm going to enforce that gimmick.  (Yu Yevon does a lot worse if you hand out Break Damage Limit to everyone in the DL, since then his bad defenses matter more.  As is, they just make it so that characters with slightly below average damage can still do 9999 damage -> 30K scaled damage.)

EDIT: On second thought...  Yu Yevon's gravity is way more badass than I thought?  In that it does 3/4 HP damage.  Knocking Yevon down to 25K life right away, which is pathetic.  Okay, never mind, this goes from "everyone loses" to "everyone wins," at least if we force Yevon to use the Gravity move rather than pass, which I would.

SECOND EDIT: See reply to Elf's post.

Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Thomas is the only one with an argument for a double, and his damage isn't good enough anyway.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Estella despises the damage cap, it'd be an easy win otherwise.  (Get Doublecast like Lulu?)
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - They'd lose anyway, not enough offense to blitz past offense.

Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS[/b] vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Yu Yevon's bad defense would seal it normally, but once again, no double + damage cap.  EDIT: This may actually require math now that I know Yevon's HP is 60K rather than ~70K.
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - nope.avi

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:00:52 PM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 03:42:21 PM »
FFX has a damage limit of 9999

Doublecast. A couple overdrives. Even with no celestial weapons, the PCs can get past this.
On second thought...  Yu Yevon's gravity is way more badass than I thought?  In that it does 3/4 HP damage.  Knocking Yevon down to 25K life right away, which is pathetic.

Well, as you just said... FFX has a damage limit of 9999! So yeah, doesn't hurt Yu Yevon that badly.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »
Well, as you just said... FFX has a damage limit of 9999! So yeah, doesn't hurt Yu Yevon that badly.

Thanks for the reminder.  It's been years since actually fighting him so yeah.  That means...  Yevon will drop himself to 60K off Gravity, then use Ultima.  Unfortunately, some trick is still needed in a double-turn or multi-hit or something, since 30K damage -> 10K heal -> 30K damage is still only 50K damage.  Back to everyone losing, although Genis & Colette put up a decent fight now.  Might have to math it out to see if Genis's suspect damage is enough here, since they both have multi-hit at least.

Doublecast. A couple overdrives. Even with no celestial weapons, the PCs can get past this.

Oh, absolutely.  And people in the DL with those abilities clean up - Claude multi-hit Mirror Slices to win and Grandia characters use some multi-hit special attack (would only see the healing counter as triggering against the move as a whole).  FF8 characters let Gravija beat them up then use BDL Shockwave Pulsar or multi-hit Renzokukens or whatever.  Raquel can Moonlight->Intrude chain.  DL Lulu has both with doublecast BDL Flares.  My point is that Yu Yevon is a puzzle boss, so I'd try to enforce the puzzle - you need specific tools to beat him (well, beat him fast, without just letting Gravija knock him down to <9999 and Auto-Lifing).  Multi-hit (=Dualcast), Break Damage Limit, etc.  It'd be the same with, say, WA4 gimmick bosses - if you don't have a legal move to relocate Farmel, you can't solve the puzzle and thus you lose.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
I would definitely hold Yu Yevon to his "has to cast Osmose before Ultima" thing, for whatever that happens to be worth.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
...and...  I just remembered that for CK's tournament bosses are *unscaled*.  So yeah, even forcing an Osmose turn doesn't matter, because now Yevon's counter-cure game actually works like it does in-game - you deal slightly above average damage, say 13000?  Haha, healed 10000 of it off.  This means Yevon probably slaughters everyone even if you hand out BDL to the entire DL - rather than being a ~1 PCHP boss with a .66 PCHP limit range, he's a ~3 PCHP boss with a ~2 PCHP limit range and non-trivial counter-healing.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »
I actually thought only two specific bosses from one week were unscaled. If they all are, I need to edit some votes!

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
Oh!!  Important note!!

Please do not apply scaling beyond simple game-to-game conversions to Melfice and Vinsfeld.  This note will apply for any and all future boss-based badge tests.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
Well then.

EDIT: Made some fixes, mostly Yu Yevon actually wins a bunch now, still fears the power of (Suikoden) friendship though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:06:34 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Does the Firefly Rune actually force targets of magic from enemies in Suikoden 3? If not then Estella and Rody lose, but if it does then they win.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
Firefly Rune is weird. It forces some things but not others, seemingly at random.

Regardless, Yu Yevon's Osmose specifically hits all enemies (it's not just a triplecast a la your typical Dragon Quest boss) and I certainly respect that just fine in the DL, especially against something kinda shaky like Firefly. The move can't focus in-game.

Maybe.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
Heavyweights Division

Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears): They can heal for long enough.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears): Healing is pretty much auto-win here.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears): Okay, he needs to use gravity three times to lose here, at which point it takes 88% KO damage to defeat him. Unfortunately both his opponents have that, and he can only kill one.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Millenia has some healing, and alternating it should probably be good enough. I think. It's closer now.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Miakis can heal off his gravity for long enough.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): 'dat infinite healing.

Prove Yourself Division

Yu Yevon now has about 2.68PCHP after defences, heals 10% of that each attack. Will knock himself into limit range (60% PCHP) after four attacks, so you get two rounds to kill him thereafter. In other words, do 1.6PCHP + 0.27PCHP per attack beyond the first in two rounds to win. Harder if you have magic.

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Wait for him to lower himself into limit range, 2HKO smash.
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Same as above. Unites are really great, here.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Um yeah, Osmose ruins this team's shit.

Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Do damage? Um, yeah, no.
Mallow and Croco (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Yeah, the offence just isn't what's needed, here.

These arguments look good enough to me.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:35 PM »

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): This team is pretty miserable at boss fighting.
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears): This team has sufficient tricks for stuff.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears): Definitely sufficient on healing and so on.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears): Canopy Defense hype yesz. Also Jowy has a lot of damage.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): SBE should stop counter healing, so yeah.
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Plenty o healing.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Shield Rune should suffice.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): So much healing.

Prove Yourself Division

Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): No way to finish him, I don't think.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Os...mose? Sure.
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Norn could heal? Or am I mixing classes... Anyways no Osmose use.

Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Osmose kicks ass here.
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Osmose works.
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Osmose and damageless team?

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 08:33:32 AM »

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): This team is pretty miserable at boss fighting.
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Deus (Xenogears): This team has sufficient tricks for stuff.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Deus (Xenogears): Definitely sufficient on healing and so on.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Deus (Xenogears): Canopy Defense hype yesz. Also Jowy has a lot of damage.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): SBE should stop counter healing, so yeah.
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Plenty o healing.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): Shield Rune should suffice.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears): So much healing.

Prove Yourself Division

Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): No way to finish him, I don't think.
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Os...mose? Sure.
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Norn could heal? Or am I mixing classes... Anyways no Osmose use.

Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Osmose kicks ass here.
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Osmose works.
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Osmose and damageless team?

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »
Heavyweights Division

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) LOSS vs Deus (Xenogears)- iiiii
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iiiii vs Deus (Xenogears)- i
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia)- iiiiii vs Deus (Xenogears)- i
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II)- iiiii vs Deus (Xenogears)- ii

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS- iiiii vs Deus (Xenogears)- i
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS- iii vs Deus (Xenogears)- i
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS- iiiii vs Deus (Xenogears)- i
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS- iiiii vs Deus (Xenogears)- i

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS- iii vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- i
Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III) LOSS- iii   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- iiii
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III) LOSS- i  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiii
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- iii  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- ii

Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- iiii
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story) LOSS  vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiii
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) LOSS   vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- iiii