Register

Author Topic: FFT Arena Season One AI Tournament  (Read 851 times)

Eternal248

• Denizen
  • I know something of cages.
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
FFT Arena Season One AI Tournament
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
Heya DLers. I know at least a few of you here are FFT fans, so I figured you may be interested in this. Basically, FFT Arena is a patch specifically designed for AI battles. FFT AI fights have been going on for years, where they started on GameFAQs. For those not in the know, basically people build teams and battle each other under the AI's control. This can make for some fun matches- many of which have had unexpected and epic results.

Due to the popularity of these AI battles, a small team of fans at FFHacktics decided to produce a patch specifically designed to rebalance the game specifically for these AI battles. At last, the patch has come to a point where people feel comfortable having a tournament based on it. We don't have a specific date for the tourney to start just yet (I'm aiming for June 1st), but we are beginning reservations to hold a slot to guarantee your place in the tournament. That can be done here. We're aiming for about 64 people, but there's no limit. Each battle will be decided on a best-of-three round basis.

Admittedly, there are several changes to jobs, skills, and items from the original, untouched FFT. I've created a beginner's guide to help introduce people to the changes, which can be found here. Naturally, if something is confusing, feel free to ask. :P

For those who are curious as to what an Arena battle looks like, there are several test matches already recorded. You can find some of them here. Naturally, the latest posts will have the most up-to-date battles.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: FFT Arena Season One AI Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
*glances at Samurai changes*

Mhmmm

(There were some LFT autobattle tournaments held on another board a while back.  After every single one, Laggy always ended up nerfing Draw Out...).

Eternal248

• Denizen
  • I know something of cages.
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
Re: FFT Arena Season One AI Tournament
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
The Way of the Samurai: being beaten with the nerf hammer until you beg for mercy.