Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 66  (Read 2682 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 66
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 02:32:19 AM »
They kill Sudo if they want to focus on him, which means leaving others alive longer. Sure, Nina could stall endlessly while Orlandu does the draining, although Orlandu's draining is so much lower until that Excal (Loses 1/3 at endgame raw to that at least, Minus another 10%! for SSL). While they might not have an issue getting past the fight, that's going to take a pretty good chunk out of Nina's resources if she wants to heal all the time.

The later two fights aren't all that good, but it's a case of damage adding up against people who are playing heavily defensive. Fight 4...Atk Up is a nasty buff. It gives Bo OHKO damage (Taking out either of Orlandu/Nina in a hit). Of course, Orlandu can break Bo's weapon and face the OHKO from Yumi (And could easily see her blocking breaks for both status blocking reasons and unremovable weapon reasons). And then he's tying himself up there. At that point, two people with a damage penalty have some issues clearing the field the way it needs to be done. Even if they can wipe out Spar (And don't think they can at all. Worse Orlandu damage+Damage Penalty), then the other three can probably combine to take out Orlandu.

...into the nightfall.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 04:09:00 AM »
Though I realized Orlandu didn't have his Excalibur, it just struck me that he doesn't have his Bracer either at this stage. Although he's still got good damage, with the SSL penalty, like Dhyer says, that damage isn't as overwhelming as I initially suspected. The draining is handy, but when all is said and done, Orlandu is only marginally above average speed at this point, and if either Rikku or Nina dies, before the 4th fight, I don't think they can manage.

Going to change my vote on Grefter to a fail. 3-team parties lack the manpower to get far, I'm afraid.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
Teams Random, Glen, and Michael pass.

Abstain for Team Grefter.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 05:33:33 AM »
Sure I'll change my vote on Team Grefter to a fail.  I guess.  Don't think MP depletion is an issue, but if fight 4 can threaten non-trivial damage with Rikku dead, then that does force Orlandu to break weapons turn 1, which might allow a blitzdown.  It's a bit shaky.