Author Topic: Futurama 2012 Season 1, Week 4: Rofel's Reign of Terror Continues  (Read 2051 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
In honor of which I finally realize I had his name wrong.  Silly me.

Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4)
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier)
Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Middle

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier)
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)

Light

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Tita Russel  (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)

Updates have almost held to Sunday.  May they continue as such.

(Ooh, we might have a 0 Vote match...)

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2012 Season 1, Week 4: Rofel's Reign of Terror Continues
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 05:20:55 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier)- Weird fight. Red drops his armor and forces Rofel to try and kill him with his physical.  Red has a huge advantage in evasion and his own damage is ITE. It should be enough to punch through Rofel's impressive defenses

Middle

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier)- Immunes Soul Blade.
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)- Blocks Ursula's status and is tanky enough to avoid a heal lock.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Middle

Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)

Light

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Tita Russel  (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:21:43 AM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 06:51:00 AM »
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4) - Powerful MT.
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Block Sleep, vamp off any damage blitzes, assume Confuse is unlikely to hit in time (and possibly immune that anyway too).

Light

Purely off the stat topic, Amalthea 3HKOs with magic (good HP but bad MDef for Aguro), Aguro 2HKOs Amalthea, so it's entirely down to whether Amalthea can 3:2 Aguro's 81% average speed, since she needs to.  I'd gutcheck she doesn't - Amalthea is a little fast, not a lot fast.  (I played like an hour & a half worth of Lufia 1, so not really the best voter here.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4): EDIT: SH2 loses decisively after all (frailer than I thought, just gets 2HKOed before he gets a turn). And... I think I vote on SH2 rather than SH1. Not certain here, but for this vote, the fact that it looks like Yuri1 may have lost to Zack seals things for me.
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics): Orlandu has a 3HKO which becomes a 6HKO after Protect, and also reduces Night Sword to almost nothing. Sanctuary Keeper wins easily if Mana Breath goes through the Aegis Shield, but even if not I'm pretty sure he'll take this, either with Photon Wings (which, as non-typed, definitely goes through) or just tanking and haxing. He's fast enough to avoid the 3-2 which helps.

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier): Lots of interp calls here, but it definitely favours Red. He wins easily if you don't see Alkaiser moves subject to Defence Up (I do). He wins pretty decisively anyway if RaySword is unbreakable... and it probably is. If you make both calls against Red there then things actually get interesting and deserving of math... but even then Red might win, so yeah.
Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Flora may one-round Velna. If not, Velna must one-round back, which is a close thing IF you give Velna both her and her origin's actions every round. I'm not making all three of those judgement calls in her favour.

Middle

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier): Mesarthim has an answer to everything Soul Blade can do. Blood Chalice stops Doom, Freedom Rune stops both Sleep and Petrify (not that I consider the latter), and REGEN stops any hope Zidane has of winning by confuse or silence (since he has no damage), while Mini does nothing to Mesarthim's nasty skillset. :nelson-laugh:

Light

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Tita Russel  (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Tita's only hope lies in Chaos Brand, but... if the duration is anything near as bad as it was from certain enemies (like 1-2 turns) it's probably not good enough. Maybe stacking that with Blind in some way? But Mallow gives her very little time to win, as he 3HKOs and certainly gets his third turn before her third. So... confuse, then blind, then confuse, then attack, repeat... yeah I don't think this is working.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:11:12 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »
Block Sleep, vamp off any damage

Orlandu with a sleep blocker does 142 damage with Night Sword -before- Protect (71 after) against SK's defence, which isn't really effective at keeping him alive. That's assuming Twist Headband instead of Thief Hat which means he'll never doubleturn and is lower HP than usual (though the HP is still average to be fair).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:25:35 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4) - Yuri2 is roughly 101% mdur? Yeah, that dies to Gandiva x2 and I'm not even sure For the Children OHKOs Hugo. Yuri1 just wins, but not the form I vote on since I played SH2.
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Cid winning matches off draining against tanks that's rich

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier) - 2HKOs first, pretty much?
Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Kills first.

Middle

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - Man, Mesarthim spoils -everything- Zidane does in multiple ways. Jesus christ. EDIT: That's not even considering how badly HideRune cheeses him. Be faster, sing the lulululs and spam Cockatrice/whatever on doubles because holy crap that's just mean.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:22:41 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
Godlike

Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - oh man night sword hype help against massive defenses sure

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier) - Sure.

Middle

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - ze spoilans

Light
lawl
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:25:58 PM by Random Consonant »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4): Has MT. OHKO's with it.
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics): Outslugs, probably?

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier): Probably OHKOs outright.
Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Why is the crybaby such a good boss slugger in Heavy?

Middle

Light

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Tita Russel  (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Straightforward enough.
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Fail whale.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:43:38 PM »
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4) -- Hugo might get OHKO'd if Yuri gets a turn.  I'm quite certain Yuri will not get that turn, however.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 03:41:53 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- Velna will not be at risk from eating a round 1 KO to Flora physicals. I allow the revival, but also make Velna take a turn to summon Vestra. Flora...barely misses the 2HKO with Velna at 75% HP.

Flora (Attack)
Velna (Summon)
Flora (Attack)
Velna & Vestra (Attack)
Flora (Attack)
Vestra (Start Revival)
Flora (Attack)
Flora (Attack; Let's say a double falls in here)
Vestra (Attack)
Vestra (Speed boosted revival. At this point, Flora has taken about 2 PC HP damage and needs to pick them both off. Don't think that would happen)
Middle

...into the nightfall.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
Godlike
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Outstalls.

Heavy
Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier) - Unbreakable RaySword, sure.

Middle

Zidane is faster (+1.49 SDs by my math, she's +1.10), so unless any of Mesarthim's Zidane-spoiling tricks are initiative, they're never gonna happen. Zidane just keeps Mesarthim under a Confuse lock while she beats them both to death. She's tankier, but Zidane can dodge, which should tilt things in his favor. Throw in a potential finisher from Zidane - granted, unless you respect Thievery it'll be a pretty weak finisher - and I think he'll win this match more often than not.

Edit: Although, now that I think on it, the SD-speed system is presumably intended to convert turn-based to CTB, and Zidane's already CTB. According to the mechanics FAQ, Zidane works out to be ~113% speed, which means Mesarthim probably does get one turn, which she could use for VitalityRune etc as appropriate. (Granted, I wouldn't trust VitalityRune to save a confused Saga PC in-game, but FF9 Confuse is notably less destructive and she's probably able to pull through.) Welp, vote changed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:22:11 AM by MalcolmMasher »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »

Dhyer: the whole thing kinda falls apart when you realize that Flora only needs to kill the Origin (this is true -in-game-, drop the Origin and the fight literally crumbles), and it's horrendously vulnerable to the nasty magic that makes the brunt of her damage. If she -had- to pick off both people, then I'd promptly agree with you, though. EDIT: Except maybe to the part where Velna survives a round of Flora physicals. 46k HP and a damage average of 18k, which might even be a wee bit on the generous side to boot? Holy crap, my Sharon could OHKO her with her AP-charging strings and that gets 3HKOed -in-game- by the posted average. >_>

GREFTEREDIT: For fun comparisons: Bubba has about the same HP (probably some 5k less at most) and is fought -almost half a game earlier-. He wasn't durable for the time. =3

EDIT: Also, to Malcolm: I don't really think it's a great idea to give FF9 SDs considering FF9 speed is ATB and is more :failstat: than :psyduck:. It inflates the worth of the stat pretty damned badly compared to in-game, moreso than turn-based to CTB conversion does (and SaGa speed is a notably better stat in-game than FF9 speed to boot). But you already touched on that. >_>

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:41:08 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »

<CmdrKing> My no-vote match ;_;

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Red (SaGa Frontier) - This is hilarious.

Middle

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) - Amalthea sucks that much.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 05:12:27 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- No vote.

Middle

Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)- No vote.

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 04:22:57 AM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)- iiiiiiiiii vs Hugo Hewitt (Wild ARMs 4)- iii
Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiiiii vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- ii

Heavy

Rofel Wodring (Final Fantasy Tactics)- i vs Red (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiiiiiiii
Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiiii vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- i

Middle

Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiiiiiii
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)- ii

Light

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiii vs Tita Russel  (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- i
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- iii vs Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)

Clearcut.  Finals up momentarily