Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 83  (Read 2479 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 83
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
Yeah, it's basically a new fight in almost every case.  Debuffs, negative status, and gagues that reset on battle start (WA FP, SH Sanity) are the only things that aren't reset.

Super passes.  (So pass for everyone except Dune who gets an abstain.)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »
tenative fail for Tide.  Yuna is going to slow him up noticeably, and his best damage against PD is limit. That is not going to work well.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
super, to be clear, I was skeptical about FFX-2 Yuna as well, but Hasted Citan has QUINTATURNS.  That's pretty good for overcoming Yuna's stall game, and at worst forcing her into healing much faster than she'd like before she can get some breaks stacking.  Same deal with PD.  Citan hastes himself, and maybe Hastes Ramza if he has a spare turn.  If PD uses cancelling...  well...  Citan is 270% average speed, he just re-hastes.  PD & Citan will cancel each other out at absolute best by spamming Cancelling vs. spamming haste, which gives the rest of the party time to go nuts.  Okay, so let's say PD does damage and only throws in a Cancelling if the buffs really start stacking crazy high.  Then quinta-turning Citan can, at absolute worst, play healer all on his lonesome - MT next spell, 40% healing, MT next spell, 40% healing, and free turn to toss out an extra haste or just do some damage.  That pretty well nulls PD's game.  (Again, I'd be more skeptical if this was an earlier floor that lacked Speed Ring S, since Cecilia's MT healing requires blowing FP and default Citan isn't nearly fast enough for such hax, so in retrospect Tide might have failed earlier, but hey, water under the bridge.)

Funny story: The thought was that giving Citan the Speed Ring S would be less good than the Quick Shoes, but of course it's better because they both double speed, but the Speed Ring allows Citan to double his speed again afterward since he's not technically hasted yet.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
I am quite aware of my error.