Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 89  (Read 1962 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 89
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:22:47 AM »

"Hmph! I don't like this. Let me changes a few things around this week and see how you like it!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Snowfire | Fang, Vanille, Snow (Firefly), Lightning (Leader), Hope
Floor 5b: Ribbon Almark
*Status, buffing, debuffing and field effects do not have an effect on this floor. Attacks which inflict status may still be used.
Team vs. Axem Red, Green, Pink, Yellow and Black
Team vs. Ryu1, Nina4 and Ness
Team vs. Zog and Leopold (DQ8)
Team vs. Seymour Omnis and Jecht
Team vs. Ghaleon (SSC)

Team Tal | Celes (Speed?) Nel, Lyn, Yukiko, Cray
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Stray(M), Shoat(M), Zone Seeker, Seraphim] Celes' Espers
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Edward, Cid and Yang

Team Random | Jerin, Eileen, Billy(Neo Speed), Kyra, Raynie
Floor 3b: Multiply
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Team vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Team vs. Alma, Kresnik, Yulie and Marle
Team vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst
Team vs. Shadow Yukiko and Wendigo (FFX)

Team Trips | Yuri1, Fogel, Cielo, Yukiko, Mime (SSL)
Floor 2b: Magical Mystery
Team vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi
Team vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3
Team vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna
Team vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette
Team vs. Lyon and Nergal

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget  moves are not affected. If a status is used that prevents the target from acting (Petrify, Sleep, etc.) then the effect is nullified until the status is removed.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by speed-increasind effects.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 20% and increases 20% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 89
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:55:01 AM »
As a reminder, Ravagers have about .25 PCHP damage in this setup and Commandos around .50 PCHP, and nobody will be bothering with Saboteur/Synergist this floor, so pretty much a slugfest.  When Snow goes Sentinel, there'll be ~1.50 PCHP ST damage to dole out; when Snow goes Commando, it'll be more like 2.00.

Team Snowfire | Fang, Vanille, Snow (Firefly), Lightning (Leader), Hope
Floor 5b: Ribbon Almark
*Status, buffing, debuffing and field effects do not have an effect on this floor. Attacks which inflict status may still be used.
Team vs. Axem Red, Green, Pink, Yellow and Black
Axem Rangers can't take a hit.
Team vs. Ryu1, Nina4 and Ness
This match is kind of a headache, as both Nina4 & Ness have revival, and both Ness & Ryu1 are pretty tanky.  However they kind of fail at killing me off if I go defensive, and they don't have any of Ness's haxy status or buffs to rely on either.  The pure defensive strategy is just to have Snow & Fang kill Nina4 every single round while the other 3 spam healing, repeat until MP exhaustion / Summon etc.  Ryu is above average speed, Ness is below average speed, so if Ryu gets a critical on Rudra breath then there's still time to emergency heal Lightning.

Not really a huge fan of that strategy, though.  Think a better one is to deny their source of dangerous cheap MT damage.  Have Snow/Lightning/Fang all gang up on Ryu1 every turn and keep him death-locked instead.  (Ryu1 is tanky transformed but probably not THAT tanky to survive this.)  Yes, the Dungeon team has 2 revivers handy, but their offense is considerably worse, so the fact I only have 2 Medics isn't so bad.  Ness's MT damage off Psi Rockin' Omega runs out really fast - it costs 98 PP off 580 max PP in the stat topic, and it's only average damage anyway.  Cura is still pretty decent at this phase of the game. And Nina can't really chip in unless the Typhoon would be fatal since she needs to full-revive Ryu every turn.

Anyway, this is probably the hardest fight on the floor, so if needed, stall for awhile on fight 1 and Lightning blows Summon on this fight.

Team vs. Zog and Leopold (DQ8)
More of that Cura spam, they can't break 3 Medics.  Normally Leopold could try some Stun game but that doesn't work here.
Team vs. Seymour Omnis and Jecht
Well Synergist buffing with Enfrost is out.  Anyway, open with Sentinel Snow.  Seymour & Jecht actually have the offense to kill Snow turn 1....  but he just gets revived.  Then the Mortiphasms get rotated by little pokes to be 4 different elements which cuts Seymour's damage in half by reducing him to -ras rather than -gas.  When Seymour's turn 2 rolls around, suddenly he & Jecht don't have the damage to take down full HP Snow anymore...  but since Snow was busy being dead he probably didn't have time to get Challenge off, so they blast the crap out of Lightning instead and get a Leader Death victory.  Well shucks.  But...  wait!  There is a glorious line in the stat topic which reminds me why Seymour is not really scary in game:
"Spells of a single element will spread targets as much as possible."
Hah, Seymour can't focus on Lightning and blow her apart, Firefly was the only reason he could kill Snow on turn 1.  (If you ignore this restriction...  which seems like more than a mere AI quirk...  then this fight will involve the same tapping 2 Mortiphasms + revive Snow + have Lightning sitting on an open command to blow her Summon in-between Seymour & Jecht or something if allowed.)  Okay, never mind, Seymour kind of sucks then, he's really only shooting 2 -ras at Lightning at best, and that + Jecht isn't fatal.  So Medic spam away, eventually Snow sets up challenge and gets back on his feet, and then I slowly grind the fight down.

Team vs. Ghaleon (SSC)
No Chaos Shield, no ID.  Ghaleon can kill someone non-Snow with 3x Physical, but not Sentinel Snow.  Snow sets up constant Challenge to keep Ghaleon off Lightning's back.  Ghaleon can still go for MT damage, but that's easily answered with Cura spam...  probably by just 2 medics considering Ghaleon's speed, but 3 medics at worst while Snow & Fang slooowly beatdown.

This floor is actually pretty difficult.  Ryu/Nina/Ness fight definitely seems the trickiest, but the last two fights aren't pushovers either.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 02:03:59 PM »
Ryu1 is definitely tanky enough to handle 2x PC HP in physical damage. Magical is another matter, he's like average to magic. >_>

EDIT: ACTUALLY, it's probably more interesting for you to kill Ryu and Nina on the same turn, if your calculus is correct: Nina4 gets 2HKOed by average physical damage and, as you noted, Ness really isn't much about pressure. Regardless, doesn't feel like you can -actually lose- this fight with infinite resources, since you can keep everybody busy. Not that I can vote on it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:02:01 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »
Team Tal | Celes (Speed?) Nel, Lyn, Yukiko, Cray
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Stray(M), Shoat(M), Zone Seeker, Seraphim] Celes' Espers
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana - Celes can status any dangerous person she wants before anything gets going. Can she equip Stray even though it's mastered? EDIT: no Stray, but don't think this changes so much. Celes can still status Tia, Lyn one-rounds Hahn and Nel manhandles Luna with frozen dagger hype (it -should- be more accurate at this point, lower resistances all around). Shana needs a turn to get going and Mareg/Gadwin ain't making waves.
Team vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey - EDIT: Statusing helps some, but more pressure happens.
Team vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - The FFT team -cannot- handle this level of status whoring. They have to block Sleep, Confuse -and- Imp at the same time, just not happening, and only Alma can even be argued to immune Freeze besides Worker. Celes shuts down Olan, who's the most dangerous perp here, and Nel+Lyn entourage make sure Cloud is deadity-dead. Beowulf can status people (or Celes), but that's just delaying the inevitable. If they don't block Confuse here, to boot, they're -all- dead. EDIT: Without MT, this gets harder, but think they can manage it anyway.
Team vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato - Without MT status-whoring, this one actually gets trickier. Will probably abstain for now.
Team vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Edward, Cid and Yang - See above.

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - fweem
Team vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF) - fweem
Team vs. Alma, Kresnik, Yulie and Marle - fweem
Team vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst - fweemhealing
Team vs. Shadow Yukiko and Wendigo (FFX) - MT Copper Flesh and Eileen outspeeds every enemy. I'm so impressed.

Team vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi - Fogel makes mincemeat out of FFT Wizard, Yuri and Cielo can handle FF5 Black Mage. The remainders just suck ass, since they can't status shit.
Team vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3 - Same as before. Nina1 eats it to Fogel, Yuri and Cielo manage Nina2. Nina3 goes to the corner, curls into a ball and cries.
Team vs. Jessica, Lemina, Mia, Luna and Ronfar - Right, SSL means no one-mores from Lemina and Mia hitting weakness, and Luna without sleep is just utterly useless. Kill Jessica and Ronfar, mop up from there. Yukiko might die, but they can deal.
Team vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette - OHKO Bernadette, 2HKO Sarah, Cleo can't really mop up effectively from there, especially since Cielo can just cast Void Fire.
Team vs. Lyon and Nergal - Fogel one-rounds Nergal. From there, it's downhill.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:51:47 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 03:30:21 PM »
Theoretically, Celes is limited to the two new Espers she got, but I don't think there's much of a significant impact even if she can't use Stray here.

EDIT: and I think if Seymour has to spread his elemental spells, he's better off just spamming Ultima along with Jecht's MT to try and kill people that way.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:39:44 PM by Nephrite »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:10:01 PM »
Snowfire fails others pass.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
Jecht's MT sword only unlocks at 2/3 health, and Seymour will be killed first.

Yeah, Celes can't use her non-current Espers, I know that came up with Celes before for me which is why I think I had Raiden equipped for 2 different floors or so.  (Too bad, lots of them are very good in the Dungeon like ZoneSeek / Golem / Stray.)

Hmm....  having it be difficult to kill Ryu1 does make things tricky, but think the other arguments still work.  At worst, Summon (it's definitely legal).  But the really stally death-lock Nina4 strategy works, too.  Turn 1, Ryu transforms, I kill Nina4 & have some extra damage to toss around since uh healing Nina4's damage isn't a big deal.  Ness Psi Healing Omega's Nina.  After that, I eat a Rudra blast every turn, but Cura can handle the non-critical version quickly.  The worst case is Rudra critical + Ness decides to blitz + more Rudra damage the next turn, but eh, I think I have enough healing to cover that case, and even if the Ness blitz kills Hope or something, the fact he skipped revival means that Snow & Fang can go nuts.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:14:03 PM »
Teams SnowFire, Tal, and Random pass. Awaiting arguments on Trips.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
Team vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - Things explode
Team vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF) - Things continue to explode
Team vs. Alma, Kresnik, Yulie and Marle - And again
Team vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst - None of these guys can beat the healing
Team vs. Shadow Yukiko and Wendigo (FFX) - Aaaaand Eileen has a L3 charge by now and is faster than both these guys so lulz ensue.

Also with regards to Snowfire's team against Seymour, Ultima can't even be spammed.  That said it's still Team FF13 and I can't vote on it (or any other team for that matter)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »
SO3 doesn't get confuse blockers (the status is in game - chaos - but there isn't an actual status blocker for it) - might not matter here anyway though~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 12:28:46 AM »
They don't? Hmmm.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »
Team Snowfire passes

Team Tal- abstain

Wait, Speed? lost both it's downsides though?

Team Random passes

Team vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi
Team vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3
Team vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna
Team vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette
Team vs. Lyon and Nergal- Gut reaction is that the team should be fine here. Most of the upgrades the floor got are either anti magical or status based.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »
I did remove the downsides from it, I felt like it's an "okay" sealstone that doesn't need to have a lot of drawbacks, compared to other things you can use. If everyone starts using it, then I'll change things.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 02:06:07 AM »
It was already one of the best sealstones with the drawbacks (If it Speed, and Body Charge were top 3, it wouldn't be surprising), and unlike a lot of others (VBA, SSL), doesn't need a whole team planned around it. Granted, I thought Speed was better than it before, but now they are even (and somewhat notably above everything else though). Alternately, keep it that way and let me get Raquel onto my team (That is practically a free permanent double speed Raquel who still gets the advantage of her quick attack as well as addition hasting if wanted).
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 02:32:10 AM »
Well the thing is Speed? was totally and utterly outclassed by NeoSpeed for a time when Speed? had a notable downside (-5% speed to everyone else) and NeoSpeed really did not (um you can't be speed boosted by Haste if you die.  Not the most relevant drawback.), when NeoSpeed is better anyway for non-slugs.  Those two are among the best sealstones on offer of course (although BC's cost getting reduced via the round-down rather than round-up gave it a pretty good argument for awhile as well, although it too was nerfed).

NeoSpeed is *still* better than Speed? most of the time.  Tal's using Speed? mostly due to Hatbot, since Celes is around average speed, she'd be even faster on turn 1 if she had NeoSpeed on her (~125% turn 1, 150% avg. turn 2 vs. always 120%).

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 10:06:37 PM »
Yeah Confuse is one of the glaring holes in SO3's status walling game along with Sleep, Darkness, etc~ About Team Tallychu though something I wanted to mention is that Nel gets her Aerial early (L6) which has quite a substantial DM% at max hits especially for early on - 1125% (for reference Peppita's Faerie Friend is 1500% DM%) and considering she now also has Berserk for chaining and the 30% boost to ATK ... well I dunno how much/how this actually helps Tal here but I thought I'd mention Nel should be packing some pretty solid offence here if it helps any. I know some people tend to throw out the Aerial/Charges/Stuns/Critical Hits/etc because everybody gets them/generics but I personally allow them since they all have different DMs and stuff/the characters have different/individual ways of utilizing them in game and I dunno why Nel wouldn't be allowed her Aerial in the dungeon anyway at least~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"