Author Topic: RPGmon Classic Draft- Round One OPEN  (Read 2601 times)

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
RPGmon Classic Draft- Round One OPEN
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »
Welcome to Season 1 of RPGmon Classic Draft! First, the draft results you've been waiting for!

Blue Division

Namagomi, Taishyr, Unoriginal, Excal

Team Namagomi: Nel Zelpher, Geddoe, Sara (BoF1), Caina, Vinsfeld Rhamadanthus, Ruprecht
Team Taishyr: Gau, Sharon(Legaia 2), Sceptile, Robo, Pikachu, Fu So Ya
Team Unoriginal: Geno, Presea, Noa, Ayne, Collette, Taya
Team Magic Dance (Run by Excal): Worker 8, Eirika, Alma, Tengaar, Cleo, Rafa

Ryu5 Division

Snowfire, Yakumo, Clear Tranquil, Captain K.

Blasty/Stabby/Damp(run by Snowfire): Artea, Millenia, Kornell, Margulis, Lani, Bernadette
Team Yakumo: Maya Amano, Lyon, Beowulf, Florina, Jean (BoF2), Gijimu
Team Clear Tranquil: Feena, Fayt, Peppita, Yulie, Roger, Shana
Team Onion Knights (Run by Captain K.): Ho-oh, Selan, Kyle(S5), Belenus, Celine Jules, Peco

(If you have a cool team name you'd like to substitute, feel free to post it or PM me, and your team will be renamed accordingly.) 

A quick rules reminder, and then this week's match ups!

This is RPGmon CLASSIC format. You will have one character out, at a time. When they die, or if you choose to switch on their turn, you will change to another. Their HP remains as it was when switched out. Other details (Buff duration, for example) is up to the individual refs.

-Matches will run as people are available. Use this topic to set up a match time if you're not a usual IRC denizen. Please run at least one match a week.
   -Midseason Trades between teams are fine, as long as you maintain your roster formation of 2 Heavies, 2 Middles, and 2 Lights. PM me to arrange them.
   -You are required to use each character on your roster at least once during the regular season, for varieties' sake.

-Match results will be in this topic as they go.
        -Matches will be standard 3v3, H/M/L Format.
   -Matches will be CTB format, and CTB resets to zero on a switch.
   -Rules are subject to change as I think of things I've forgotten.
   -It is the PLAYER'S responsibility to name equipment picks along with their picks for each match. Failure to do so will leave it in the Ref's hand to decide the defaults.
   -The referee running the match has final say on that match's outcome. Trust their interp and relax.

Super and Talaysen have agreed to ref matches. In addition, Taishyr is authorized to ref matches in the Ryu5 DIVISION ONLY. Their decisions are final.

You have a week (Deadline, March 29 at Noon EST) to arrange and play out your match. Please use the topic to organize as necessary. Report back to me the match results by PM, and please include the lineups of both teams, and number of fighters remaining on the winning side (We may need this for tiebreaker purposes for the finals.). Play by Play will be appreciated, and logs for highlight-posting can be sent by email to Madfnorder@yahoo.com .

This week's matches-
Team Namagomi vs. Team Magic Dance
Team Taishyr vs. Team Unoriginal

Blasty/Stabby/Damp vs. Team Onion Knights
Team Yakumo vs. Team Clear Tranquil
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:25:58 AM by Mad Fnorder »

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
Re: RPGmon Classic Draft- Round One OPEN
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:55:12 AM »
Snowfire, can you make it to chat on 3/22 (Saturday) at 10:00 pm Eastern time?

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »
Any time from 11 am Friday 28th is fine is fine by me. I'm GMT. Sorry I won't be available before then >_>

So do I PM Yakumo and the refs my current AIM handle?
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 08:31:35 AM »
It would be best. You could also try the Chatzilla Firefox plugin if you're having program install issues or somesuch.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »
Blast, I start out matched up against the person I can't contact? <_<

Anyway, I'll try and remember to try out those alternate AIM things that Tal was telling me about and see if I can get one of those working tonight.  If not, and you can't get IRC working, well... the ref's going to have some fun. :P

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
Absolute worst case, we could shift to some sort of Play by email format, with the ref doing the dice rolling? I'd volunteer to handle it if I wasn't sure I'd screw it up.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »
Worst case scenario, I'd think, would be me in IRC and her in AIM with the ref, and play as normal with a lot of copy&paste work?  That way we can do it in a reasonable amount of time.  I'm sure we can figure something out.

Taishyr

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 03:21:32 AM »
She got in IRC last night, so there may be something doable there.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 03:22:18 AM »
I got in AIM just now, so we'll make something work. :P

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 03:27:50 AM »
Nama, I'm up and functional again, so, there any day/time that'll work for you?  Also, you have a preference as to whether it's AIM/IRC where we face off?

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 05:07:41 PM »
I can only do AIM, sadly.  Also, Wednesday or later this week.  I have a test Wednesday morning, so...yeah.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 02:36:15 AM »
Sweet.  Got an AIM name?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:17:43 AM »
Just noting my AIM name is in my profile, so if people want to try and get ahold of me for reffing a match and can't get on IRC, they can use that.  I don't know how to use AIM dice, though, so I hope one of the others know it or we'll have to figure it out when we get there.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »
Don't worry.  It's essentially "//roll -dice # -sides #", where you input the number of dice and sides in place of the #s, respectively
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
I did manage to get into IRC at the weekend though I'm still not quite sure how I did it <_< Deleting Quakenet had something to do w/th it I think >_> Anyway I'll try to get into IRC again on Friday and if that works cool and if not Yakumo has AIM for backup :) I'll also put my AIM address in my profile for future reference in case I somehow get past the first round and face Namagomi sometime :P

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
Just a reminder for people to get your matches in, as the deadline is swiftly approaching. If you have run your matches, be sure to PM/Email me the complete results! If you're specifically having trouble organizing this week, I'll allow things to be extended this first week, as we're just starting. Either way, tell me about it!

Taishyr

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 02:48:16 PM »
Uno and I keep missing each other/having outside interference, but hopefully in twelve hours we'll be able to get our match done.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »
Tal has the log results of Team Yakumo/Team Tranquil I think <_<

I was going to log it but I closed the window by mistake >_>