Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 92  (Read 2693 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 92
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 12:11:11 AM »
Vanille arguably starts with nothing (and certainly no damage)

If Vanille does start with no skillset (which I don't think I agree with, see Snowfire), then she has game-best damage due to having 3 ATB blocks and high strength.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 03:04:31 AM »
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
Team Tal | Celes (Speed?) Nel, Lyn, Yukiko, Cray
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Stray(M), Shoat(M), Zone Seeker((M), Seraphim(M), Fenrir(M), Gilgamesh(M), Phoenix] Celes' Espers
Floor 7b: Did you say "Final Battle?"
Team Tal vs. Vyse, Aika, Gilder and Fina: Celes just has to make sure she survives, then she can Phoenix and Nel can finish off killing Gilder? Or could Fina heal him... No Delta shield has to stay up and Celes can Wait for Gilder to do his thing. Gilder also waiting/defending is suicide.
Team Tal vs. Jude, Cecilia (ACF), Brad Evans, Virigina, Dean and Clarissa: Clarissa steals a turn from Celes... but honestly this team just doesn't have the offense, and Celes/Yukiko's evasion means that Sacrifice can't do it's dirty work. MT revival off two people is a bit much.
Team Tal vs. Yuri2, Karin, Joachim, Gepetto, Kurando, Anastasia and Blanca: Celes goes first... I really need to know her options.
Team Tal vs. Crono, Marle, Frog, Ayla, Robo and Lucca
Team Tal vs. FF1 Knight, Squall, Cecil, Terra, Cloud, Zidane and Aeonless Yuna

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: Gust & Granite, Wind Seer] Ivan's Djinni
Team Djinn vs. Flay and Nikki: They can't kill both Lenneth and Marco before this team stomps them. The offense isn't good enough to do that.
Team Djinn vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1): Second verse, same as the first.
Team Djinn vs. Opera, Ernest and Celene: Lenneth OHKO's someone, Marco Shifts to her and she does it again.
Team Djinn vs. Colm, Locke, Zidane and Karn: Zidane goes first and Mini's Lenneth. Unless Ivan is faster and can do something to Zidane, which he probably can? Dunno.
Team Djinn vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5): This may prove problematic... both are above average speed and do 2HKO damage? So it's on Ivan. I will let Djinn weigh in on this.

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Naoto and Yukiko  Souji's Personas
Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)
Team Andy vs. Flay and Nikki
Team Andy vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)
Team Andy vs. Opera, Ernest and Celene: Kill Celine ASAP, handle the rest.
Team Andy vs. Colm, Locke, Zidane and Karn: Status for Zidane(/Colm?) and Damage for Zidane/Karn. Works.
Team Andy vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5): I'll just follow Snow. Though I do wonder if Naoto's ID is even that accurate on this floor.

Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team CT vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team CT vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1): Mesa handles this I guess.
Team CT vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team CT vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX): Wingraptor has 25% MHP damage, though!
Team CT vs. Lich and Kraken: I guess?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:27:44 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 07:44:46 AM »
Pyro, I kind of covered what Celes's main options are I hope for the Shadow Hearts fight, but her options broadly are status, buffing, and damage, and has Quick to cast 'em twice.  Straight damage isn't enough even with Quick since FF6 spells are half as powerful MT and Celes didn't learn Ultima.  Pure buffing won't change enough.  So either status or status + buffing.  X-Zone is worthless against the Shadow Hearts cast and it's her only MT status, so my proposal was Quick / Imp / Imp for her best option, though Quick / Imp / Valor MIGHT be better (kill Yuri through For Everyone with Valor'd Nel + Lyn, but Blanca isn't statused out and can heal Kurando who can later revive Yuri).

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
Thanks guys =)

I guess Vanille might not have game best damage compared to Fang Attack/Blitz since Fang should still have her stuff at least in a for FF13 most of the cast start with no skill sets interp but I guess it would still be pretty solid for backing up Fang's Attack/MT physicals with Blitz and Mesa's Victory Rune might help? Also for SO3 wouldn't Fayt/Cliff/Nel/Sophia/Roger be starting off at L1/L2/L3/L1/L6/low levels as well? Mirage/Albel/Adray join at the highest levels I guess but none of them are exactly known for damage and I don't remember any of them joining with Berserk even. Only L20 Maria would pull up the offence averages probably with Power Up + Scatter Beams though Scatter Beams probably needs to be levelled to do so significantly. Peppita actually has a solid base physical - short O w/th a 840% (Sophia has this as well but Peppita has higher ATK/STR and is faster) and in game short O spam is actually better than Faerie Friend (apart from Faerie Friend having some GT and MP damage) considering she starts off with it and can spam it until she runs out of Fury, she can also attach passives like Increase HP Damage/Stun/Increase MP Damage/Critical Hit to it as well. According to skill tests MetalGearSolidBoy, an old veteran at the SO3 GameFAQS boards did as well in terms of skill speeds, straight rapid fire Short O spams from Peppita (this is actually pretty good in game in terms of interuption/disruption power too) can actually outpace Scatter Beam Maria depending on the circumstances, especially if Scatter Beam isn't levelled and I've defeated Luther's first form within 30 secs with it before and this was without Power Dance being active. However in the DL YMMV on whether you just allow SO3 characters to do whatever until they run out of Fury including spamming base physicals =) Regardless I don't think she'd be too bad compared to Fayt/Cliff/Nel/Sophia/Roger if everyone's restricted to solo physicals either and Mesa's Victory Run would probably help Peppita and Fang out as well as Vanille?~
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:43:43 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
Tal fails, others pass.