Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 105  (Read 2307 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 105
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »

"So the cycle begins yet again. I wonder, how many times has it been...?"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Random | Yuna, Lucian(MT), Shiho, Rune and Mew
[Mew: Brick Break, Flamethrower, Reflect, Light Screen]
Floor 3a: Unified Strength
**On this floor, party and enemy HP is pooled together and increased by 2x. Status still works as normal in order to knock people out. If someone is fatally statused, likewise if a character is hit with gravity, that health should be removed from the pool.
Team Random vs. Marle, Lucca, Frog and Robo
Team Random vs. FFT Thief, Samurai, Time Mage and Chemist
Team Random vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico
Team Random vs. Adramelk, Velius and Queklain
Team Random vs. Zog and Sara

Team Dune | Tir, Orlandu, Maxim, BoF3 Nina and FFT Priest (SSL)
Team Dune vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg
Team Dune vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan
Team Dune vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Dune vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang
Team Dune vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis

Team Super | Ted, Zerase, Chemist (MT), Ninja, Tia
[Floor 4a: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Super vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg
Team Super vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis

Team dude | Rika, Elincia, Mew, Yukiko, Nall (Elemental Advance)
[Pluck, Mega Punch, Transform, Rock Tomb]
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team dude vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team dude vs. Cecil, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team dude vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team dude vs. Slash and Flea
Team dude vs. Augus (BoF2) and Shadow Yosuke

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by Haste effects.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced by 33%. (Deadly Fingertips has a 67% chance of inflicting ID for example) Moves that were originally MT are not affected by this. This sealstone may be moved. In the case of revival, this affects the amount of HP restored, not the chance of revival occuring. Moves that have two types of effects (healing + buffing) are both decreased.

Elemental Advance - Elemental weaknesses are removed for both the player and enemy team. Elemental spells cannot be absorbed, resisted, or nullified by enemies. If an elemental weakness were normally hit by a player character, that character may cast that same spell again against the same enemy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:02:00 PM by Nephrite »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 105
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
dude, I change some of your Mew moves since the ones you requested don't show up until later according to what's on the wiki. (if that needs to be updated someone ought to update it)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »
Oh the wiki still has Gen 3's TM list. I'll go chance it to the gen 4 one since it seemed everyone was alright with it in the main topic. You might want to ask Random if he wants to make some changes since he's also got Mew on his team.

Edit: Wiki should be updated now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:36:32 PM by dude789 »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »
In that case I'll change your moves back.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »
**On this floor, party and enemy HP is pooled together and increased by 2x. Status still works as normal in order to knock people out. If someone is fatally statused, likewise if a character is hit with gravity, that health should be removed from the pool.
Team Random vs. Marle, Lucca, Frog and Robo - Might Reinforce+MT Lucian? Dear -god- he risks OHKOing this shit - and Rune certainly lets him push over the edge since the team > everybody at speed here.
Team Random vs. FFT Thief, Samurai, Time Mage and Chemist - Charm is turn two and Random probably can blitz this out anyway. No.
Team Random vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico - This is even kinda interesting, but Esuna/Cure Condition/Dispel kinda spoil Bart's game here and Mew surely can help with stalling via Reflect.
Team Random vs. Adramelk, Velius and Queklain - Two status healers here, so they have trouble having the cheese stick. If they target Lucian, Mew and Rune pile up the offense while Yuna and Shiho slow their status blitz down. If they target the status healing, they just get blitzed themselves.
Team Random vs. Zog and Sara - Might Reinforce turn one, Light Screen, Heal spam and now Sara+Zog fail FOREVER~. Yeah, team Random is pretty much custom-built for this floor.

Team Dune vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg - Tir opens with Deadly Fingertips on Mareg and Orlandu OHKOs Hahn. Leo is awful against multiple targets and the rest of the team sucks at making headway here.
Team Dune vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan - There's a lot of OHKOs here. Artea and Selan eat it first, then the rest of the team is very manageable.
Team Dune vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato - Tir and Orlandu pile up on Adray - heck, Black Shadow is an option and quickens the offense a lot. Since like Chisato is faster than Nina3, she actually gets to contribute to a blitz.
Team Dune vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang - Without status, Cid and Yang are hilariously useless. Blitz.
Team Dune vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - And -again-. Status Symbol Law was -made- to spoil this floor.

Team Super vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg - Hi-Ethers become available here. Pain.
Team Super vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan - Ninja OHKOs Tia, Ted OHKOs ANYONE HE WANTS and the rest of the team provides stalling for tasty Hi-Ether healing.
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato - Zerase.jpg.
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang - Yang needs to down Zerase really fucking fast because otherwise she -explodes- the relevant opposition and -everybody- is faster than non-Yang people. But it doesn't really save them: with Yang mdef, Tia's Drowsy keeps him from getting turns to annoy people and Ted+Ninja OHKO Palom and Porom with startling ease. Heck, Ted is faster than Zerase and Kindness Drops her, she gets a turn, now they finish off Yang and keep Cid for more MP healing.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - Zerase.jpg and Ninja to handle Worker 8. It works, bitches.

Team dude vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team dude vs. Augus (BoF2) and Shadow Yosuke - Rika and Mew vs. floor 1. luuuuuuuuuuulz.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:01:09 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »
Team Random vs. Marle, Lucca, Frog and Robo
Team Random vs. FFT Thief, Samurai, Time Mage and Chemist - First two fights are easy.
Team Random vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico - Enemy team sort of fails to make any sort of headway here.
Team Random vs. Adramelk, Velius and Queklain - Think I can muscle through this one despite the status.
Team Random vs. Zog and Sara - And if I can this is simplicity itself.

Team Dune vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg - Easy enough.
Team Dune vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan
Team Dune vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Dune vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang
Team Dune vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - sure

Team dude vs. Augus (BoF2) and Shadow Yosuke - Well this doesn't seem difficult by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:12:54 AM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:26:32 AM »
Team super and Team dude pass.

Team Dune - surprised he got a pass on the previous floor, it seemed like everyone was voting fail or doubtful abstains - is tentatively better off this floor?  Status from the FF4 fight seems the most dangerous threat, and it isn't to SSL.  There's still the occasional MT rush.

Team Random seems to most fear some kind of status blitz from the Lucavi - Shiho & Yuna have status curing, but that's 3 potential status-slingers, and blitzing is hard on Unified Strength.  Probably pass since MT Lucian is pretty good here, but would want to see someone else's analysis.  (Okay there's also Bart Wild Smiling Lucian while Citan tosses Haste around to make the XG fight exciting, but I presume Mew buffing helps there.)

Also spoilsport whining: Boo hiss to General Leo, L1 Artea, & L1 Selan.  The Lufia1 intro isn't exactly memorable for combat stats and is pretty much impossible to lose, and General Leo is only ever in a one-person party and is most remembered for doing a whopping 0 damage to Guardians.  ??? for what damage average to compare him against, since having him spam average damage with average health is probably not what's intended, but lolno to using hypothetical hacked-in General Leo vs. a comparable level World of Ruin party, so I'm just not going to think about him too hard.

Elemental Advance - Elemental weaknesses are removed for both the player and enemy team. Elemental spells cannot be absorbed, resisted, or nullified by enemies. If an elemental weakness were normally hit by a player character, that character may cast that same spell again against the same enemy.

For future reference, a few qustions:
A) This specifically says "spells."  So presumably Mew's physical moves that hit weakness don't get extra turns, only Mew's magical moves when they hit a weakness?  (Certainly makes Fighting a little less broken, since it hits weakness all the time in the Dungeon.)
B) Is the use of the singular "enemy" in the double-move coincidental?  What happens if Mew uses an MT attack that hits weakness on more than one character?  Nothing?  A forced-ST second attack?  A normal MT attack?  A normal MT attack forced to only hit those enemies whom it hit a weakness on?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:48:26 AM »
Spoilsport response: Will change the fights after this week.

A Response) Elemental, physical moves would work. So if it's a physical fire move, I'd let that be used again. I would NOT see Fighting as effective on anything except Normal-type Pokemon. That's just... no.

B Response) If an MT attack is used that hits weakness on one target (but not the others) they may again cast that spell on the one target, not the others. I will try and clear up the wording on that.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »
I really haven't thought too much about the possible applications of Mew with Elemental Advance. Elemental Advance is mainly to get rid of Elincia and Yukiko's weaknesses. I do have something planned for Mew and if the team gets far enough for the plan to come together it will be glorious.

As for fighting type, I agree with Neph that letting it hit all normal characters is kind of ridiculous. I'd maybe let it hit characters who don't have an elemental affinity when everyone else does like Arc or Gogen from Arc the Lad but that's a pretty rare case.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:19:07 PM by dude789 »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »
Team Dune vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg- Hell.
Team Dune vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan- Hell. Tia immunes it, does not matter.
Team Dune vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato- Tir+Orlandu kill Adray. The MP might be annoying but I doubt it?
Team Dune vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang- Oh god SSL. Tir makes Tellah go bye bye, Cid kills Porom. Fight is over after that.
Team Dune vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis- SSL>This floor yeah.

Team Super vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg- Zerase makes things go 'plody.
Team Super vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan- OH dear god. Kill the healers, win.
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato- The MT smash BURNS.
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang- Zerase gets put to sleep by Yang!....then Ninja kills Tellah, Ted overkills Porom and Tia can poke Zerase awake. Palom may get a turn but can't wreck the entire team himself. Ether up, get ready for boss.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis- Bad things happen when Zerase gets a turn.

Abstain on Mew teams.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
Team Dune - surprised he got a pass on the previous floor, it seemed like everyone was voting fail or doubtful abstains - is tentatively better off this floor?  Status from the FF4 fight seems the most dangerous threat, and it isn't to SSL.  There's still the occasional MT rush.

I was 50-50, just because in the end, Shell+Orlandu basically doubling Sara and Zog always meant that they did not really have any damage stick.

All teams pass.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
It hasn't come up yet, but does Elemental Advance only apply to 'magical' elements like Fire, Water, Earth, Moon, Red, Green, etc?

Or does it hit physical elements too? Like Slash/Pierce/Blunt, or more importantly, FE Weapon Triangle stuff and Ellincia's Bow weakness?

Votes: Dune, dude pass.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Hi-Ether spam from Chemist with Suikoden charges. There's not a lot of MP recovery in Suikoden as-is, and just having Chemist =/= infinite Hi-Ethers to me. Not to mention that at F4, Zerase isn't quite the OHKOing beast when taken against other equal-level S5 PCs (not counting DoReMi elves). Would like a little more examination on Super's fights, though I'm leaning pass anyway, especially if he's not relying on Zerase so much.

No clue on Random, Unified Strength is a cool Floor idea, but it takes a bit more effort to judge fairly. Honestly leaning fail as a kneejerk because he can't take out dangerous targets and leave weaker ones alive to heal up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:40:12 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 01:53:22 AM »
It probably ought not to apply to strange things like Pierce, but I'm not sure it's fair to disallow those.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 02:32:35 AM »
I'm not sure how I feel about the Hi-Ether spam from Chemist with Suikoden charges. There's not a lot of MP recovery in Suikoden as-is, and just having Chemist =/= infinite Hi-Ethers to me. Not to mention that at F4, Zerase isn't quite the OHKOing beast when taken against other equal-level S5 PCs (not counting DoReMi elves). Would like a little more examination on Super's fights, though I'm leaning pass anyway, especially if he's not relying on Zerase so much.

Okay, for starters: 30 Hi-Ethers in a floor are easily overkill for this (I'd wager he'd need something like ten at most?), and -both- S4 -and- S5 have MP recovery methods that don't involve inns (so, not allowing the healing is something I simply -can't- see). Also, Zerase OHKOs average with her L4 until floor -6-. F4 is still well within her godsweeping window - hell, she has a high 2HKO with it at -endgame-.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:34:07 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 06:03:06 AM »
Super and Dune pass, heavy Mew teams are outta my range to vote on.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 06:26:57 AM »
No clue on Random, Unified Strength is a cool Floor idea, but it takes a bit more effort to judge fairly. Honestly leaning fail as a kneejerk because he can't take out dangerous targets and leave weaker ones alive to heal up.

Except where do I even need to do this?  Mew's defensive buffs being MT here along with Shiho healing more or less defang the fights that can't be blitzed by MT Lucian/Mew/Rune (which is to say, the XG fight and the BoF1 fight), and Stone Checks being available here means that Shiho can't be prevented from getting everyone back in shape for the final since Zog and Sara are like the slowest things ever, and the Lucavi fight just doesn't have much time to get dangerous one way or another (it would be bad if it did, mind, but still).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:30:37 AM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 07:02:32 AM »
Sure, I'll buy it, Team Dune & Team Random pass.  (Already voted pass on the others, so it's a general pass for me.)

Re Fighting in the Dungeon: I'll have to think about it.  I do agree that in general, elemental weakness is something that the defender needs to worry about, not the attacker, but I'm willing to extend a bit more leeway to Pokemon types in general - e.g. maybe Frog can count as a Pokemon "Water" type despite not having such elemental weaknesses in-game because there's a big thing that explicitly says "Water" on his character screen, and sometimes I'm okay with letting the attacker's attack remember the rules in its own home game, so Pikachu gets to hit weakness on poor Frog or the like.  (Yes, yes, it's a slippery slope, but oh well.)

Re Djinn: "Arrow" is not an elemental in FE10, so no, Elincia is still weak to 'em.  It's the wind weakness that is definitely not there.  As for Ethers, even if Hi-Ethers are out, Ramza can just use regular Ethers, which are pretty darn cheap.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »
I figure ELemental Advance should work with physical elements. Makes for a more complete sealstone (As it stands it's only truly a Persona and Pokemon Sealstone?). Not Outright physical + magic immunity, but specific categories thereof?

Team Random vs. Marle, Lucca, Frog and Robo: Marle+Lucca status could be a problem, but Rune has ID, no?
Team Random vs. FFT Thief, Samurai, Time Mage and Chemist: MR'd Lucian probably tears this fight apart in 2 turns? Maybe less given the way MR worked. Don't think the FFT team has the time to do anything nasty.
Team Random vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico: Yuna can heal off Bart's debuffs? Lucian  and the healing take it from there.
Team Random vs. Adramelk, Velius and Queklain: Shiho and Yuna have status healing. Alternatively the team may just blitz them with MR Lucian + Rune MT + Mew damage.
Team Random vs. Zog and Sara: Throw up the defenses and heal off the damage via Shiho while Lucian gems her up every turn (doesn't use RRS). Easy.

Team Dune vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg: Without status they just pick off the damage threats and move along.
Team Dune vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan: Pick off L1 Artea, pick off Lexis, that should do it.
Team Dune vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato: Pick off Albel... could get messy as I don't think any of these are IDable? So 4 people get a turn and kill Priest or Maxim. The team wins in the end but it may costs some resources.
Team Dune vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang: Pick off the mages? Orlandu may insta-double Tella. Yang is only scary for status so isn't here. I don't think Palom and Porom are too scary without status. Porom has to go due to being the healer. Like above, they may be able to pick off PCs on Dune's team but he has two revivers.
Team Dune vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis: They all have to block ID, which limits them a bit. Orlandu insta-doubles W8 and... may be best served by working to kill him turn 1. Beowulf/Olan aren't worriesome anymore, Cloud has some damage. Alma can buff Cloud or Reis to get more damage/durability out of them. Team FFT's goal would be to either lock Orlandu down in a revive lock while killing/damaging others, or else to kill the revivers and then work on Orlandu while Nina/Tir don't tear into them. Doesn't feel too doable.

Orlandu -> Tir -> Nina3 -> Maxim -> Team FFT  minus W8 -> Priest spell -> Orlandu -> W8... Orlandu breaks Cloud's weapon, making him utterly worthless, Tir Black Shadows I guess. Nina3 does some magic damage too. Maxim can do some damage to Alma to try and pick her off with Black Shadow + Nina damage + his. The FFT team now has Olan and Beowulf and Reis try to harm someone like Orlandu. Orlandu probably isn't KO'd by Reis/Olan/Beowulf, and uses that turn to smash up Reis? W8 can KO Orlandu but he'll be revived by Priest or Maxim and the non W8-PCs fall the second turn. Yeah he's got this.

Team Super vs. Hahn, General Leo, Gadwin, Luna and Mareg: Blitzkreig Mk 1
Team Super vs. Tia, Lexis, Dekar, Lufia 1 Artea and L1 Selan: Blitzkreig Mk 3
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato: Blitzkreig Mk 3
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Cid and Yang: Blitzkreig Mk 4
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis: Blitzkreig Mk 5

Seriously, that is a lot of fucking MT magic offense there which Chemist can keep on coming.

Team dude vs. Augus (BoF2) and Shadow Yosuke: The team has healing but no revival as of yet except through Nall. Yukiko and Mew cover magic offense while Rika/Elincia cover phys offense. Rika/Elincia/Yukiko can all heal. That last fight might be a problem? Don't know if Rika has Deban yet. If not, Augus can KO Elincia + Yukiko simultaneously on turn 2 and that is bad news for the team. Will look into this more.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
Rika probably doesn't have Deban yet, but she probably has Saner which should help a lot on the last fight and with Augus's bad defenses Mew and Elincia can probably carve him up pretty quick.

For votes, all teams pass.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
Also, the team is likely insta-doubling Augus after his first turn with Saner up because his speed is -trash-. Blow shit up, universe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 09:20:03 PM »
Does Rika not join about floor 2 though?
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
I'm not sure I consider that floor 2. YMMV.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
Re Djinn: "Arrow" is not an elemental in FE10, so no, Elincia is still weak to 'em.  It's the wind weakness that is definitely not there.  As for Ethers, even if Hi-Ethers are out, Ramza can just use regular Ethers, which are pretty darn cheap.

Would regular Ethers be enough to restore L4 charges, though?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 11:11:28 PM »
Well, FFT Ethers restore... checking...  20 MP.  That's still not bad on Floor 4 - Mage MP is anywhere from 50-90 IIRC, and the average is even lower if you include non-mages in the mix.  Also, the Spell Charge vamp rune in Suiko 5 treats all charges as equivalent - you get a hit with it, you get a charge back, starting with your lowest depleted charge (so if you're out an L1 and an L4, you get the L1 back.)  Basically, given the Suiko V definition, if an Ether is enough to restore even *one* charge (which it surely is, 20-30% of MP and Zerase has far more than 5 total charges), then Zerase is fine.  If you apply some scale-Suiko-charges-to-FFT-MP formula, you'd have to see the L4 charges as being a huge, huge amount of the tied up FFT MP for an Ether to fail to restore any of them - this is more reasonable, high end spells in FFT can be pricy, but THAT pricy?

It could be argued, I suppose, but really feeling that it leans toward Zerase.  (And I'm not even on-board with Zerase OHKOing everything damage hype, but I don't think her MP is an issue.)