Register

Author Topic: Redoing an old season: S20, Week 5  (Read 1103 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Redoing an old season: S20, Week 5
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »
Godlike:

Kefka (FF6) vs Zophar (Lunar:EBC)

Heavy:

Claude (SO2) vs Geno (SMRPG)

Middle:

Mizuki (S4) vs Tiamat (FF1)

Light:

Etna (Disgaea) vs Gryz (PS4)

POOLS- Entirely for fun, just to see how things shook out.

Rose, False Althena,  Nate, Jecht,  Claude, Geno

Poo, Wren, Roufas, Kanon, Mizuki, Tiamat

Minsc, Dominia, Ryudo, Blanca, Etna, Gryz

For comparison, the real pools of that season:

Nate, Jecht, Rose, Berle, Geno, Roufas (Roufas up, Rose down)

Claude, Max, Vesper, Wren, Ryudo, Tiamat (Tiamat and Ryudo up, Max and Vesper down)

Mizuki, Taya, Minsc, Kid, Etna, Gryz (Gryz and Etna up, Taya and Kid down)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:09:23 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Redoing an old season: S20, Week 5
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »
Godlike:

Kefka (FF6) vs Zophar (Lunar:EBC)- Think Kefka needs a hyperdrive counter to win this, and that is unlikely to happen.

Heavy:

Claude (SO2) vs Geno (SMRPG)- Think Geno can't stop or survive two mirror slices. Same problem he had vs Justin.

Middle:

Light:

Etna (Disgaea) vs Gryz (PS4)- Crash.

Rose, False Althena,  Nate, Jecht,  Claude, Geno- Claude up (Beats Rose, Nate and Geno to me, loses to FA and probably can't beat Jecht due to delay), Geno stays down. I don't think he has a single win here. Rose goes down, her only win is Geno offhand.

Poo, Wren, Roufas, Kanon, Mizuki, Tiamat- Can't vote on Poo. Tiamat up, Kanon down. Roufas>Wren>Tiamat>Kanon>Mizuki is the clear order, don't think it deviates at all.

Minsc, Dominia, Ryudo, Blanca, Etna, Gryz. Ugh. Well, Dominia is swept and Gryz is going up. I don't think Etna can beat anyone besides Dominia, Ryudo and Minsc are just better sluggers and she can't really pressure blanca.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
Godlike:

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs Zophar (Lunar:EBC) - Sigh. EBO.

Heavy:

Claude Kenni (SO2) vs Geno (SMRPG) - Boosted Geno should survive two Slices and 2HKOs with magic back. Question is whether he gets lapped before the 2HKO, though. Which... eh, I'll give him enough credit.

Middle:

Mizuki (S4) vs Tiamat (FF1) - I actually mathed this out last week! Go boredom. Going by the 421 average (the harshest average you can have without delving into factoring in damage that can't be used DL-legally, which gets the lolest of lols from me), Mizuki deals 46% to average and 4-3s Tiamat (she does it to average under my SD conventions, 1.95 SD = nearly 150% average. Of course, 15% SDs = that doesn't happen, but barely). Tiamat 3HKOs back: she doesn't 2HKO average and Mizuki is above average durability across the board. So, before Tiamat can kill, Mizuki can get in... 1.86x PC HP. Yeah, she comfortably outslugs to me. Get some goddamned HP, Tiamat.

Pools!

Rose, False Althena,  Jecht,  Claude, Geno

Althena > Jecht > Geno > Claude > Rose, as far as I can see. Althena ruthlessly slaughters the field, while Jecht's delay handles the fights where he can't just petrify. Geno beats Claude this week and also handles Rose: she needs a turn to get started and has 0.72 pdur, which just gets her 2HKOed by his average damage physical before anything happens. Claude horrifyingly overkills her with Holy-elemental physicals and that's that. Geno up, Rose down.

Poo, Wren, Roufas, Kanon, Mizuki, Tiamat

Kanon > Wren > Roufas > Mizuki > Poo > Tiamat. Boss Kanon shreds the pool to tiny ribbons - even Wren just gets heal-locked with the constant 3-2ing. Wren handles the rest - Roufas just gets outresourced (Awakening is a bad idea due to how much it taxes his resources and he sucks at pressuring Wren. He doesn't even get DeadEnd, which would at least give him a shred of a fighting chance), and the other fights are trivial. Roufas manhandles the rest pretty easily. Mizuki, on her turn, 2HKOs Poo forever and is faster, which completely wrecks him. She already beat Tiamat. Then, there's Tiamat vs. Poo, which is awful because Poo just 2HKOs first (._.). Poo probably goes down while Mizuki may go up. Tiamat should never upgrade to Heavy ever again.

Dominia, Ryudo, Blanca, Gryz

Blanca > Gryz > Ryudo > Dominia. The hardest fight for Blanca is Gryz, but it works out: he 4HKOs Gryz with physical x3 + Red Comet and 4-3s. Meanwhile, Gryz even 2HKOs post-War Cry, but 3HKOs otherwise and that damns him. Dominia 3HKOs and gets 2HKOed back while not 3-2ing. And Ryudo is what he is against healing. Meanwhile, Gryz manhandles both Ryudo and Dominia (Dominia borderlines insta-doubles but juuuuuuuust eats a OHKO because you have no idea how much I mock sub-Grahf HP at fucking disc 2. Ryudo eats Crash). Ryudo, at his end of the telescope, OHKOs Dominia, who just fails.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
Godlike:

Kefka (FF6) vs Zophar (Lunar:EBC): Kefka has an argument for an instant double here, but nah.

Heavy:

Claude (SO2) vs Geno (SMRPG): Geno Boost then 2HKO while not being 2HKOed. There's some potential Energy Sword hype here but Geno can 2HKO with Geno Beam so he's not running out of resources. (The Justin comparison doesn't work because Justin had a method of offence that isn't hosed by Geno Boost.)

Middle:

Mizuki (S4) vs Tiamat (FF1): Fast enough for a 4-3, manages a 4HKO, while Tiamat 3HKOs as usual.

Light:

Etna (Disgaea) vs Gryz (PS4): Ugly.

Rose, False Althena, Jecht,  Claude, Geno

False Althena beats everyone easily. The rest is actually interesting.

Jecht beats Geno with petrify, and beats Rose I think because delay is too much. Claude is a bit more interesting... I still kneejerk Jecht but it's a good fight.

Geno beats Claude, and 2HKOs Rose first.

Claude beats Rose.

Assuming Nate treads water, it's Geno up and Rose down.

Wren, Roufas, Kanon, Mizuki, Tiamat

Wren vs. Roufas is interesting. Roufas has twice as much healing, but Wren can manage a 2HKO with Flare Shot into Positron Bolt because Roufas is a bit below average durability, while Roufas needs 3 attacks to 3HKO and they drain his resources because all three must be BoundShots (needs that ITD). Awakening exists to ward off the 2HKO from Wren and let Roufas 2HKO himself, but doubling resource costs feels like a losing proposition and he needs to recast it every five turns anyway. Wren squeaks it out, as such, but it's close.

Both Wren and Roufas are far better Heavies than the other three so no contests there.

PC Kanon's not a super-impressive Middle so she loses to the other two.

Wren > Roufas > Mizuki > Tiamat > Kanon

Mizuki up, Kanon down. Tiamat/Poo could also swap but I don't feel qualified to comment there.

Dominia, Ryudo, Blanca, Etna, Gryz

I see Dominia around 57% HP for the record. This sucks but it lets her beat a lot more of this field since nobody OHKOs her.

Dominia has a 3HKO and 3-2 on Ryudo and Etna both. She instant doubles Gryz, 4HKOs. Her vs. Blanca is interesting. Dominia needs to 3HKO with her best damage, which lets Blanca see Colourful Comb, which lets him match her speed during it. So Blanca should always get a turn after Dominia drops him to red, so he can get his 2HKO off.

Blanca also beats Etna, Ryudo, and Gryz. Yay healing against people who either 3HKO him or are slow!

Gryz IDs people.

Ryudo 2HKOs Etna of the below average HP.

Blanca > Dominia > Gryz > Ryudo > Etna

Assuming Minsc is competent, then it's Gryz up, Ryudo down.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:53:47 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:25 AM »
Godlike:

Heavy:

Light:

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 09:19:57 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

POOLS:

False Althena > Jecht > Claude > Geno

Wren > Roufas > Kanon > Tiamat > Poo > Mizuki

Ryudo > Blanca > Etna > Gryz > Dominia

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »
Godlike:

Heavy:

Middle:

Light:

POOLS-

Rose, False Althena,  Nate, Jecht,  Claude, Geno

False Althena is nuts. 5-0
Then we have a bunch of petrify-vulnerable PCs.  Jecht 4-1
Crawd carve up the others.  3-2
Geno's game is similar to Rose's, except he's faster.  2-3
Rose still beats Nate though.  He'd have a chance if Aizen-Myouou had healing, since it nulls everything but her physical, but no.  1-4
Nate wants me to play Persona 1.  0-5

Wren, Roufas, Kanon, Mizuki, Tiamat

Wren>Roufas>Kanon>Mizuki>Tiamat.  Simple enough.

Dominia, Ryudo, Blanca, Etna, Gryz

Blanca>Gryz>Ryudo>Etna>Domina.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
Godlike:

Kefka (FF6) vs Zophar (Lunar:EBC) - I see Fate Storm as ID, but I don't... know if that matters? My Kefka durability respect is... not there.

Heavy:

Claude (SO2) vs Geno (SMRPG) - Claude equips to void Star element. (I am mostly kidding, but still think he wins)

Middle:

Light:

Etna (Disgaea) vs Gryz (PS4) The saddest final.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »
I am somewhat confused by the Claude votes? The only argument posited so far - that he can't survive two Mirror Slices - is true only before he uses Geno Boost, and thereafter he not only has double his normal durability, but can 2HKO with anything (including both his physical and the low-cost Geno Beam). The only way I can see for Claude to win would involve him using Energy Sword until he doubleturns or until Geno both runs out of FP -and- misses with his also 2HKOing physical. Neither seems terribly likely.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:52 AM »
Updating tomorrow!
-------------------

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 01:39:54 AM »
Godlike:

Heavy:

Middle:

Light:

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 02:14:26 AM »
Godlike:

Kefka (FF6) vs Zophar (Lunar:EBC): Zophar. Kills first with fs and I assume he has arms

Heavy:

Claude (SO2) vs Geno (SMRPG): Geno, though Claude could Peep and win with the ES and all those sparks...

Middle:

Mizuki (S4) vs Tiamat (FF1): Mizuki. See Snow.

Light:

Etna (Disgaea) vs Gryz (PS4): Gryz. ID.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »
Zophar>Kefka
Geno 5, Claude 4
Mizuki 4, Tiamat 3
Gryz>Etna

Thanks to everyone who voted! The next season will be up shortly.
-------------------