Author Topic: Be the very Best! Week 2  (Read 852 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Be the very Best! Week 2
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
Week 1 is still open, since the matches are complex and there's like no votes so far.  But in the interim, here's another match.

Presidential Poison Leader: Nephrite!

->Weezing @ Poison Barb, Levitate, Bold
-Toxic
-Flamethrower
-Sludge Bomb
-Haze

->Gengar @ Black Glasses, Levitate, Mild
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic
-Confuse Ray
-Focus Blast

Crobat @ Bright Powder, Inner Focus, Jolly
-Toxic
-Air Slash
-Sludge Bomb
-Double Team

Drapion @ Iron Ball, (Battle Armor), Adamant
-Poison Jab
-Toxic
-Crunch
-Fling

Venusaur @ Miracle Seed, Overgrow, Modest
-Toxic
-Petal Dance
-Synthesis
-Giga Drain

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge, Dry Skin, Adamant
-Substitute
-BulkUp
-Toxic
-DrainPunch

Big Stick Farfetch'd Leader: Laggy!

->Ambipom - Technician - Silk Scarf (+Atk/Spe)
~ Fake Out
~ Double Hit
~ Low Kick
~ U-turn

-> Tauros - Intimidate - Choice Band (+Atk/Spe)
~ Double-Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Payback

Staraptor - Intimidate - Life Orb (+Atk/Spe)
~ Brave Bird
~ Close Combat
~ Return
~ Quick Attack

Porygon-Z - Download - Choice Specs (+SpA/Spe)
~ Hyper Beam
~ Dark Pulse
~ Blizzard
~ Discharge

Snorlax - Thick Fat - Lum Berry - (+Atk/SpD)
~ Body Slam
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Selfdestruct

Farfetch'd - Inner Focus - Stick - (+Atk/Spe)
~ Air Cutter
~ Slash
~ Night Slash
~ Swords Dance
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Be the very Best! Week 2
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:27:25 AM »
Nephrite! vs Laggy

So turn 1 here is Fake Out Weezing, Stone Edge at Gengar, and poison team does... I guess Confuse Ray on Tauros and pray?  Nothing can actually come in on Stone Edge...

Yeah, I think that whole poison team just folds to the damage onslaught here.  As long as normal team holds Snorlax in the back to eventually deal with Gengar (and everything else can at least do something to it...)  they should outslug easily. 

Poison needs Confuse Ray and Double Team to go in their favor in order to pull it out.  Which is not impossible, but "big meaty often choiced attacks every turn" is like the absolute worst case scenario for that strategy.  Props for the all-Toxic flavor, but I think that's just not a real move in 2v2 without a lot more stalling than is present here.  There's not even a single thing Toxicroak can set up on.   :(

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 03:26:15 PM »
Laggy needs to be a normal type gym leader with that team. Farfetch'd is literally the only 'mon on the team that does not hit like a ton of bricks, and offense is the deciding factor more often then not. Good status games can stop it...but poison isn't a good enough status. Add the fact that nothing can safely come in on Tauros spamming Stone Edge, and....well, Neph really needs confusion hax to play heavily in his favor to win this. I'm not too inclined to respect that, as he's only got the one confuser.

Team Laggy takes it. 
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 08:23:35 PM »
Yeah, this goes to Team Laggy. Between Tauros and Porygon-Z, Neph's team just doesn't have enough answers. The only solid threat on Team Neph is Toxicroak, and that just doesn't get time to Bulk Up - Doubles ends up being waaay too fast to allow setup.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
Gengar OHKOS Tauros with Focus Blast, and they tie for speed. Stone Edge is 80% accurate instead of 70%, but it's also only ~4/5 likely to roll lethal damage (and 1/8 likely to crit?) so I believe the odds are marginally in Gengar's favor.

Granted, let's say Tauros brutally wounds Gengar, which then smashes Tauros. Team Laggy replaces Tauros with Snorlax. Next round starts with Ambipom U-Turning on Gengar or its switch-in, plus Snorlax can safely throw out a Body Slam that probably 2HKOs everything besides Weezing, and it still has Selfdestruct in reserve (with Farfetch'd as bomb fodder)... Yeah, Team Laggy has this.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »
Laggy wins.  Next match forthcoming.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.