Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week (Month) 117  (Read 1874 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week (Month) 117
« on: August 25, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »

"Ah! What a fantastic slaughter! I suppose things truly have changed around here..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Snowfire | Yuri2 (as Trode), Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (SSL)
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Snowfire vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)
Team Snowfire vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa
Team Snowfire vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)

Team Djinn | Team Djinn | Mei-Ling, Whimsicott(MT), Nina1, Ryu1, Gilder
Team Djinn vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)
Team Djinn vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa
Team Djinn vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)

Team Andy | Ramza, Chemist, Ninja, Worker 8, Beowulf (Spillover JP allowed)
[Ramza: Chemist]
Team Andy vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)
Team Andy vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa
Team Andy vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)

Team Random | Yuri2, Hilda, FFT Chemist, Raquel (Speed?), Raynie
Floor 2b: Magical Mystery
Team Random vs. FFT Wizard, Oracle, Priest, Summoner and Time Mage
Team Random vs. Sarah (S3), Estella, Joker and Piccolo
Team Random vs. Lemina, Ronfar and Borgan (EBC)
Team Random vs. Lyon and Riev
Team Random vs. Narshe Kefka

Time Capsule Team Rozalia | Chris(TWR), Tidus, Ephraim, Jane, Nall
Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)
Team Rozalia vs. Alex, Kyle and Luna
Team Rozalia vs. Jack, Cecilia and Rudy(WA:ACF)
Team Rozalia vs. Colm, Jaffar and Matthew
Team Rozalia vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team Rozalia vs. Boss Zed and Boomerang 2 (ACF)

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. Moves that were originally MT are not affected by this. Movable.
Damage is reduced by 33%.
Healing is reduced by 33%. (Kindness Drops is 67% MT Healing)
Status hit rates are reduced by 33% (Deadly Fingertips has a 67% chance to ID multiple targets)
Buff and debuff -effects- are reduced by 33%. In the case of moves that reflect damage or effects, this Sealstone has no effect. In a case such as Vanish or Delta Shield, the damage is reduced by 67%.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by Haste effects.

Spillover Sealstone - I have no idea how spillover JP works, you all get to figure that one out.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week (Month) 117
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
I pass.  Fun fact: You can be slightly lazy about damage estimates when you have the entire cast of a team, since it's going to come out to around ~1.6 PCHP if they all attack (yes, yes, some damage might not be in the averages so it can be slightly more, and sometimes Angelo / Jessica will need to do support rather than offense), so it's just a slugfest vs. Augus & Joker, but Augus can only kill one person a round, and I can certainly kill him in two rounds minimum.  One rounding is possible too depending on respect (as well as something like Accelertae or Guv's initiative Spear thwack to get the drop on turn 2 for a 1.5 rounding or whatever).  Yuri2 does his Yuri2 thing, except usually fused as some weird green dude.

Time Capsule Team Rozalia | Chris(TWR), Tidus, Ephraim, Jane, Nall
Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)
Team Rozalia vs. Alex, Kyle and Luna
Eph puts some extreme hurt on Kyle thanks to a double + WTA, enough that Tidus probably finishes him off.  Phoenix Rune Chris + Jane can probably smash Luna I want to say.  That leaves the team eating 1 Red Dragon Anger, then having Chris heal it off in round 2.  (ALTERNATIVELY: If you see Alex as slower than Eph, Eph murders him with Reigenleiff arguably hitting weakness?!  But I don't, so whatever.)
Team Rozalia vs. Jack, Cecilia and Rudy(WA:ACF)
Don't know ACF *that* well, but I presume this can be handled.  Tidus drops a Haste or something on Eph if need be.
Team Rozalia vs. Colm, Jaffar and Matthew
Jane.jpg
Team Rozalia vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
I think Tidus needs to drop a Slow on Killey for him to be slow enough for Eph to barely hustle it out and murder him.  Just Lorelai's damage can be dealt with.
Team Rozalia vs. Boss Zed and Boomerang 2 (ACF)
Even if Jane dies on round 1 post-Sucker due to their attacks having good accuracy, this team will surely get enough damage in to kill one of 'em.

So pass for Rozalia.

Team Random tentatively looks good, but will wait if anyone else wants to write that up in more detail and argue it.

Team Andy tentatively looks like trouble, no Auto-Potion on Floor 1 for me and Joker's MT 3HKO is perfect for sweeping up PD'd characters.  Augus's double acting isn't bad either.  So Andy needs to blitz, but Ninja will be going down turn 1, and Worker 8 is slow.  It's probably still doable, but will have to take a closer look.  (Helps that if Augus dies and W8 is alive, Andy practically has a free win due to the magical & elemental nature of Joker, and taking down W8 is non-trivial, he might possibly just solo off counters or something.)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »
I guess this means all the non-Worker 8 people on Andy's team have Chemist JP to use and set for this floor?  Seems a pretty questionable of synergy if they can't make use of it in any way.

Might as well offer commentary on my team even if I'm still kind of sick of my own hype

Team Random | Yuri2, Hilda, FFT Chemist, Raquel (Speed?), Raynie
Floor 2b: Magical Mystery
Team Random vs. FFT Wizard, Oracle, Priest, Summoner and Time Mage
Team Random vs. Sarah (S3), Estella, Joker and Piccolo
Team Random vs. Lemina, Ronfar and Borgan (EBC)
Team Random vs. Lyon and Riev
Team Random vs. Narshe Kefka

So Yuri probably wants to beeline for Energy Charge and Raise Up, possibly Mind Assault as well so he can get some MP healing, depends how reasonable acquisition is by this point.  Non-Gale buffs have shorter than normal delay so he can also get Barriers out quickly if need be.  Hilda can help with the buffing too, her damage isn't too hot (uh uh she can hit BORGAN with Thorn Whip maybe?  Stellars do look better against the FFT fight though) and she doesn't actually start with Grand Slam so she probably still doesn't have it yet, for all that it's laggy and the ID helps not at all on the first and fifth fights (also Curvy resource depth blows about as much as Raynie/Yuri), so it's probably worthwhile to Barrier or Rage/Gale Raquel or something.  MP might be an issue for Raynie and maybe Yuri, Ethers aren't buyable until Lionel and Raynie's MP regen spell isn't until F4.  Raquel's probably doing most of the actual lifting here.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:10:05 PM by Random Consonant »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
Err, out of curiosity, what happened to my team? In the previous topic, I'm pretty certain I had an overall pass (3 passes, 1 fail, 1 abstain, according to the topic). I didn't receive a PM for floor choices.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »
Ah, I see people changed their votes and didn't bold anything. I'll put you back in when I can.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »
Ah, I see people changed their votes and didn't bold anything. I'll put you back in when I can.

Thanks, glad to hear. =)
If it's more convenient, I don't mind waiting 'til the next topic to put my team back in.

Will vote in a couple days.

EDIT: Pass for Rozalia and Andy. Abstain on the rest.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:43:05 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:06:17 AM »
Relevant IRC chat on Ninja:

[22:23] <+SnowFire> Since this is #fft DL.  Remind me when Ninja blades began to become buyable in FFT?  I want to say start of Chapter 3, but am not sure.  (But if you grind a Ninja up in C1, you can equip daggers or whatever, right?)
[22:23] <@Elecman> I... think that's right.
[22:23] <+Tide|notcasual> c1  daggers
[22:23] <@Elecman> And yes they use daggers until then.
[22:23] <+Reiska> Start of C3, assuming it's not changed from LFT
[22:23] <@Elecman> Or unarmed, which isn't even much worse.
[22:23] <+Tide|notcasual> it's either start of c3 or end of c2 that they get Ninja swords
[22:24] <+Tide|notcasual> so you're in the right track
[22:24] <@Elecman> It's start C3. Late C2 is katanas, I remember them being different.
[22:24] <+SnowFire> Mostly thinking about this for Andy's Dungeon team.  Since I imagine Ninjas really want you to assume that Ninjas "join" in C3 and should be scaled to that time.
[22:24] <@Elecman> I'd absolutely not "scale down" ninja swords.
[22:24] <+SnowFire> Rather than scaled to I-ground-a-ninja-in-C1 and where's my weapon.
[22:24] <@Elecman> You can very, very easily unlock the class before then.
[22:25] <+SnowFire> You can certainly unlock Ninja by the start of C2 I'd say.  Getting it in C1 requires a beeline and/or grinding a tad I want to kneejerk.
[22:25] <@Elecman> I agree.
[22:25] <+Tide|notcasual> Ninjas is definitely more of a C2 thing
[22:26] <+SnowFire> So yeah, this is "can Worker 8 solo Augus" time then.  Which he quite possibly CAN so hey.
[22:26] <+SnowFire> (since Augus & Joker have to diddle around killing the Chemists and other distractions first.)
[22:26] <@Elecman> Probably not -solo- but any decent damage sunk into him first makes the difference.

Short version: Seems the consensus is to use C2ish Ninja for "join time", whose damage is nerfed compared to later Ninja because he's dual-daggering it up.  For everyone else on C1, my recollection is that mages never look better than they do in C1.  Wizard is murdering things dead with Bolt2.  And...  no one here is a mage.  Uh oh.  (At least W8 & Beowulf are taken at join time, so.)

Team Andy vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)
Chemists to heal up means that even if something bad happens, whatever.
Team Andy vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa
Can this team rush-down Rosa of the horrible claimed stat-topic speed?  And rush her down without knocking her to 25% health and triggering Cover?  This is distressingly, horribly close.  Ninja will 2x dagger smack for ~.60 PCHP damage at best,and then a PARADE OF FAIL starts as I doubt anyone else can deal the extra ~.30 PCHP required in one shot except for W8, who is insanely slow.  So Rosa SURVIVES, but what's the point?  I guess she tosses off an MT Hold or MT Confuse or something (healing just gets her killed by W8+Ninja next, Image won't help enough) and causes a giant mess while W8 slowly grinds through everything else.  Although even if she dies, if the status was bad enough, Cecil can revive her, and force W8 to constantly re-kill her while Cid slowly duals the remaining non-paralyzed person or something.  FAIL.

Let's just assume W8 out-hustles Rosa or something, this is a total mess.

Team Andy vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)
Right, first the bad news.  Joker's MT damage isn't elemental, it just attaches poison.  So it can work down W8, which is important, because W8 is the only one with a chance in hell here.

Beowulf's Life Drain is trouble (works on bosses & all), so he needs to die first.  But trying to rush him down might run into shield hype.  So yeah, Augus smacks the frail Ninja + Save Strength while Joker's MT 3HKO rolls through.  Turn 2, Augus will messily murder Beowulf & one other character (Ramza?) while Joker's MT 3HKO rips up everyone and finishes off Ninja.  If the Chemists gave up a dagger thwack to heal Ninja, he just gets overkilled by an Augus hit along with Beowulf, but that's probably still a good idea because now Beowulf might yet survive another turn if shield hype works.  Regardless, by turn 3 everyone else will be mopped up, and turn 4 Augus can direct his fury at W8...  but just how much damage has Augus taken by then?  A Life Drain (maybe 2), probably 2 W8 turns, 2 Ninja dagger thwacks, and some Chemist dagger thwacks.  Augus has ~2.4 PCHP.  Life Drain knocks that to 1.85, 2x Ninja attacks are 1.2 PCHP, and W8's own attacks can make up the difference, so sure, Augus is down and W8 only has to deal with Joker.  But Joker's been unleashing MT 3HKOs the entire time, so W8 is down some, and Joker's avoiding counters, so Joker might yet give W8 a run for his money (W8 certainly never wants to use any self-damage move this match).  Still, the odds of a shield deflect earlier help Andy's case some.

Call this an extremely weak pass for Team Andy.  Probably the poor Ninja & Beowulf will turn to crystal by the time W8 wins the last battle as the only robot around, but Ramza still was at 0 on the count-down, and that's all that matters.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 05:22:23 AM »
Hold and Confuse are both ST spells. Mini is the one she can MT.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 05:25:05 AM »
Teams Rozalia and Random pass. Tidus going before Silent Lake would go off makes a great dynamic for controlling the opponents' actions. Random has Yuri hype which enough for Floor 2.

Abstain on the Floor 1 teams, though I suppose I ought to vote on mine.

Team Djinn vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4) - I think I can beat them with anything in Whimsicott's arsenal, so I'm hyping Leech Seed.
Team Djinn vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa - Possibly trickier, though Gilder/Nina start buffing and the FF4 team is SLLLOOOW so I have plenty of time to build up to a OHKO on Rosa.
Team Djinn vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2) - I'm going to hype Leech Seed again. Whimsicott doesn't have much else he can use on these guys, so why not. Mei-Ling, Ryu, and Gilder gang up on one while Nina buffs/heals. They don't OHKO anyone right off the bat, so Nina's healing + LEECH SEED MT should keep my guys healthy enough for this.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 09:47:24 PM »

Team Snowfire vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- Garland is mildly threatening, as is Evil Gaia. The rest is fodder.
Team Snowfire vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Rosa can't take out the entire team by herself.
Team Snowfire vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- What Snowfire said, this team's competent enough for the early dungeon.

Team Djinn vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- I see an MT sealstonee, that handles that.
Team Djinn vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Kneejerk.
Team Djinn vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- See above. Mei-ling should be quick with good damage, as is Ryu1. Nina gets splattered but I think the rest of the team can make up for that.

Team Andy[ vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- Chemists.
Team Andy vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Ninja damage is very competent at all points in FFT. Two chemist physicals+Ninja should be enough to take out Rosa. I bet Beowulf beats her to the draw as well, which means Drain can finish her off.
Team Andy vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- Two revivers+W8 being tanky.

Will look at the floor 2 teams later.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 02:43:50 AM »
MT'd Mini is still problems for Team Andy, thanks for the reminder.

super, 2 revivers help very little for Team Andy.  Joker has a MT 3HKO, if Andy's chemists revive someone with P-Down they just get owned again.  If they revive *and* toss a Potion, the entire team is still getting ground down fast (Augus is helping out, too), so there shouldn't be any relevant healing left over by round 3.  If Andy wins it's because he softened up Augus enough before dying that Worker 8 kills everything.

I'll buy Djinn hype, suspect early game Ryu1 has the offense to kill something fast enough, so pass for his team as well.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »

Team Snowfire vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- Garland is mildly threatening, as is Evil Gaia. The rest is fodder.
Team Snowfire vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Rosa can't take out the entire team by herself.
Team Snowfire vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- What Snowfire said, this team's competent enough for the early dungeon.

Team Djinn vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- I see an MT sealstonee, that handles that.
Team Djinn vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Kneejerk.
Team Djinn vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- See above. Mei-ling should be quick with good damage, as is Ryu1. Nina gets splattered but I think the rest of the team can make up for that.

Team Andy[ vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, A DQ1 Slime, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)- Chemists.
Team Andy vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa- Ninja damage is very competent at all points in FFT. Two chemist physicals+Ninja should be enough to take out Rosa. I bet Beowulf beats her to the draw as well, which means Drain can finish her off.
Team Andy vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)- Two revivers+W8 being tanky.

Will look at the floor 2 teams later.

Logic for all three currently works for me.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
Andy passes