Author Topic: RPGDL 2013 Season 3, Week 3: LA LI LU LE LO  (Read 2441 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2013 Season 3, Week 3: LA LI LU LE LO
« on: October 07, 2013, 05:24:29 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Dr. Nusukan (SaGa Frontier) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon)
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy)
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X)
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3)

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga)
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden)
Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2013 Season 3, Week 3: LA LI LU LE LO
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:37:07 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Think his durability is good enough to tank two shots of Luther nonsense.
Dr. Nusukan (SaGa Frontier) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose): Smash. No, Tower doesn't OHKO. No, Shield doesn't let him survive Orgulla's nonsense. God help Nusakan if you don't give him those.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Probably Rupert, but Chris' evade and his low accuracy make this at least worth a look.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III): Better slugger.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword): Just like the weapon triangle says!! Otherwise uh yeah, defence makes Ray's drain game suck and he has no answer to the healing; Sephiran's own turns don't trigger counters.
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon): Marcello OHKOs, unless Reflect is used, in which case Marcello dispels then 2HKOs.
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): 33% Bolt 2 counters give Phunbaba a case but I don't think it's enough, she can withstand Bolt 2 + Blow Fish if need be.
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Fire immunity.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy): Magic of an element an FF1 boss doesn't resist never ends well.
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): uhhh battle of lots of resources. Hope wants to use Haste/Faith then 2HKO, are two shots of confuse from Albel enough? Probably? I dunno. EDIT: Veil doesn't actually change anything, since no Faith means Hope only 3HKOs, so it ends up the same, one shot of Aura Wall + 2 at halved odds, or 2 shots overall. Still not sure.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): This is a stallfest until Rikku gets an overdrive.
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3): Better slugger. Pretty sure she isn't subject to silence anyway (and might win even if she is).

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga): Outslugs, I think. They both resist each other's damage some but Serph has better damage/durability at base. EDIT: Forgot Red Nova. Ouch.
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): uhhhh
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden): See last week? High S1 def isn't so crazy as to null out damage so Logg's healing should let him grind this out against slow, undamaging Kwanda.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:31:54 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:31 AM »
Godlike
what

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Sephiran has WTA and a modicum of evasion, in case his RES making Ray's draining game suck ass wasn't enough.
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - jinx immunes fire wtf

Middle

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - yep
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Surely.

Light

Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Kneejerk against having Raijin respect.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Surely a coinflip.  Chris 2HKOs with attack->Phoenix but Rupert probably OHKOs her after being damaged...  if he hits.  Which he may well not, but eh.  Chris has an argument along the lines of "Rupert suuuuuuuuuucks without MP, and Silent Lake shuts off all MP-based skills in Suiko3," but not particularly inclined to respect that.

Heavy

Middle

Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Surely Hope wants to open Veil / Haste here, not not Haste / Faith.  No Commando means Albel gets plenty of time for Confuse nonsense for me...  I didn't really mess with Aura Wall in-game, is getting all 28 hits or whatever feasible?!  Since Veil is helping make the odds of it actually connecting remote...  and what did SO3 Confusion do, anyway?  Probably Albel but enough unanswered questions I'll wait a tad.
EDIT: Yeah, Albel.  Even if the hit rate on Aura Wall is way worse than the stat topic claims, and Hope reduces 5% chance to 2% chance or something, Hope just gives Albel way the hell too many turns here, and even needs to waste some time healing, too.

Light

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:07:42 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »
Godlike

Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Poor Rupert and his lack of support credit (My way of saying that despite Chris's defense and his evade, Rupert's durability makes this not remotely close to me)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)

Heavy

Middle

Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Gut/no Commando for Hope
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X)- Oh boy, I guess next week will be the fun one. Also Godlike.

Light

Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Seems straightforward enough. Lily does 1.25 PC HP in 3 turns, she's faster than Raijin, he 3HKOs to me, and his Mdur is not going to take that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:03:08 PM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:54 AM »
... and what did SO3 Confusion do, anyway?

HP/MP drain (can be fatal/cause KO), character can't focus/act/wanders around aimlessly (unless that character was in process of using a move when confuse hits, they get to finish that move ... so other SOrs/Tales characters/those types I guess)

I kind of assumed that most people assumed max hits for Aura Wall anyway since it's not -that- great otherwise. It only does MP damage by the way, outside the confuse/chaos factor (and is earth elemental) ~

Hmm, I might possibly let Albel counter base physicals with his counter anyway (it's his only other way of dealing confusion iirc albeit at a lower success rate, but it would spare him some damage ... no wait Hope is ranged)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:21:11 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - dat 2HKO and dat durability.
Dr. Nusakan (SaGa Frontier) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) - Nusakan surviving a full Manes chain = ahahahahahahahaha. He has no way to hack through that much durability in time.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Rupert's getting OHKO level damage -really- early and Chris' ability to hack through his HP kinda sucks. He -does- kinda struggle to land a Maximum Risk, but he only needs one.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) - aw yeah

Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon) - Man, Alakazam pdur.
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - The counters can even be resisted to a degree, if I remember correctly, and Alicia has pretty much even less use for VP2 defense than usual here.
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Fire immunity, Decus goes home in an ambulance.

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - Lich mdur plot, it burns.
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - EDIT: right, not subtractive odds. WELP.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Yes, let's give Rikku time to land Overdrives.
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Imagine a world where Lise can't silence people with Marduke.

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga) - Mao has Red Nova, guys. That's kinda ugly - Mao can just cast it once, then apply Surge (bypassing the recharge problems in addition to boosting her relevant damage), then finish the job with buffed Red Nova x2 - maybe even Red Nova => a double involving Red Nova => physical or Gale Rod or whichever, depending on which zone Gale Rod hits. That's good for the cat, since Serph otherwise -immunes- ice. And, given Surge recharge, I actually suspect Mao's likely to get three turns regardless, and I can't imagine Serph can survive three turns where he's having his crippling fire weakness bite him in the ass.
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Feels straightforward enough, yeah. Raijin needs three turns to kill Lily and she's faster.
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden) - Even if you buy the tinking argument? ICY POIZN HYEP
Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Uh Yukari 3HKOs Lucius with her strongest bow and he misses a 2HKO. On the other hand, after the first attack, Yukari is kind of heal-locked unless she uses Magarudyne, which is pretty sketchy with a WTD -and- against Lucius mdur. If she lands two bow physicals and two Magarudynes, she has it. Lucius evade kinda sucks, but there's the crit rate... but then, I think she kinda manages anyway, and she has her -own- sketchy evade and crit rates for Lucius to worry about. Rather close match, regardless.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:41:42 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - I basically just have no idea about Yaridovich.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) - Piles on the damage while being tanky enough to have the time to do it.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - High Res, WTA and regen. Oi.
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon) - Marcello hits hard enough for this, and has dispel.
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Heal all day.
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Jinx immunes fire? Right. Well then.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - Just outlasts.
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Rikku.
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Silence and stat-ups are great, but I think Lani immunes silence and the buffs take turns she doesn't have to spare.

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga) - So many jokes I could make here.
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Lilly is pretty fragile. Gut says Raijin will 2HKO, but dunno if Slow or Freeze can stall that(what does MK2 Freeze even do?)
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden) - They wail on eachother like manly men for awhile. Then Logg heals. Kwanda cries foul. Logg starts hitting him more.
Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - That M.Def, and counters keep the pressure on her too high.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
I'll note that Raijin needs to cast Aura to even 2HKO Lily. His damage is pretty egregiously bad (as in he struggles to 2HKO average -after- Aura), and Lily's pdur hovers around the 0.7x PC HP area. He doesn't kill her in less than three of his turns, and he kinda needs to given his awful mdef.

EDIT: Also, once again, since people seem to be missing it on Mao vs. Serph: Mao has fire damage, which pretty much turns the match around in her favor.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:31:53 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »
Godlike

*Stab*

Heavy

Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Sure.

Middle

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - What's Rikku doing in Middle again?

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga) - Few points to clarify to Snow's analysis: Red Nova can't be comboed out of in a Double due to being a Hard Hit ability (it can, however, be comboed INTO) and Gale Rod only hits high, so Serph would probably have to be considered Larger than Life or be knocked upwards by a High Hit physical from Mao first.  Also in Mao's favor, she resists Serph's actually relevant damage by 25%.  Red Nova -> Surge on the first turn works, and if Mao if Serph does anything offensive, that gives Mao enough stock for Red Nova -> physical + Red Nova.

In short: Mao kills in two turns and is faster, Serph 3HKOs after defense and needs to OHKO to win, which he really can't manage.

Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden) - Kwanda...  Can be threatening?  All I know him as is a Wall.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:02:52 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
Changed Mao/Serph vote (this is what happens when I don't go into stat topics to double check).
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 08:03:32 PM »
Heavy

Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)-Not inclined to take a generous view of Phunbaba.

Middle

Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Hope is dead as soon as Confuse lands, and he sucks at blitzing.
Lani (Final Fantasy IX)
vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3)

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga)- E: fire magic.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:19:35 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »
Godlike
Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)

Heavy
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 07:43:55 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3)- No vote.

Light

Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:55:57 AM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Tend to think she can manage with the evasion vs. Rupert's accuracy.

Heavy

Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon): Dispel and decentish damage.
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Healing and damage.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy): Yuck.
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Will eventually KO with draining. I consider non SO3 PCs to have MP even if they don't use it.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): Com Steals
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3): Why is Lani here?

Light

Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden): healing.
Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): MT damage and healing. Physical finisher.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Overall stronger.  More durable with form-chain, damage is good enough.
Dr. Nusukan (SaGa Frontier) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) - HAH
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - HAH even more
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) - Remake wins, original fails

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Should be Godlike.  Gogogogo Mantle.
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon) - HAH
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Alicia is pretty bad for this.  Too many counters + not allowing healing every action
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Far, far more durable

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - FF4TAY form works best
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - I...think.  Should think about what I allow FF13 at some point
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - FSG Rikku hype
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu) - I guess

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga) - Maybe HUNT SKILLS HYPE can save Serph
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Boss
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden) - Hooray for runes, I suppose
Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Easy
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »
OK, I would point out you bolded both Lise and Lani but given your voting...strategies, I'm not sure that wasn't intentional.
...into the nightfall.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
Heavy

Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - From what I remember, Phunbaba sucked horribly.  Alicia's got this with her healing game anyway.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - Durability, boss immunities, magic.
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Albel drains until he can land confuse.  SO3 confuse is fairly damning.

Light

Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) -- uh, wow.  Okay, this is a thing.  Fairly close match, I believe, given Lucius MDef--but Lucius has WTD and Yukari has god knows how many shots of MT and healing alongside a physical option.  Going to tip it in favor of the one who has healing.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 03:11:23 PM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Think his durability is good enough to tank two shots of Luther nonsense.
Dr. Nusukan (SaGa Frontier) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose): Smash. No, Tower doesn't OHKO. No, Shield doesn't let him survive Orgulla's nonsense. God help Nusakan if you don't give him those.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Probably Rupert, but Chris' evade and his low accuracy make this at least worth a look.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III): Better slugger.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword): Just like the weapon triangle says!! Otherwise uh yeah, defence makes Ray's drain game suck and he has no answer to the healing; Sephiran's own turns don't trigger counters.
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) vs Alakazam (Pokémon): Marcello OHKOs, unless Reflect is used, in which case Marcello dispels then 2HKOs.
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): 33% Bolt 2 counters give Phunbaba a case but I don't think it's enough, she can withstand Bolt 2 + Blow Fish if need be.
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Fire immunity.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Lich (Final Fantasy): Magic of an element an FF1 boss doesn't resist never ends well.
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): uhhh battle of lots of resources. Hope wants to use Haste/Faith then 2HKO, are two shots of confuse from Albel enough? Probably? I dunno. EDIT: Veil doesn't actually change anything, since no Faith means Hope only 3HKOs, so it ends up the same, one shot of Aura Wall + 2 at halved odds, or 2 shots overall. Still not sure.
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): This is a stallfest until Rikku gets an overdrive.
Lani (Final Fantasy IX) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3): Better slugger. Pretty sure she isn't subject to silence anyway (and might win even if she is).

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga): Outslugs, I think. They both resist each other's damage some but Serph has better damage/durability at base. EDIT: Forgot Red Nova. Ouch.
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): uhhhh
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden): See last week? High S1 def isn't so crazy as to null out damage so Logg's healing should let him grind this out against slow, undamaging Kwanda.

Lazy.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 09:12:41 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 05:55:44 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiiiii vs Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- ii
Dr. Nusukan (SaGa Frontier) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)- iiiiiiiii
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiii vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- iii
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiiii vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)- i

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiiii vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- iiiiiiiiiiii vs Alakazam (Pokémon)
Phunbaba (Final Fantasy VI)- i vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiiiiiiiiiii
Decus (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- i vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiiiiiiii

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire)- iiiiiiiiiiiiii vs Lich (Final Fantasy)- i
Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiii vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iiiiiii
Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiiiiiiiii
Lani (Final Fantasy IX)- iiiiiiiiiii vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3)

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiiiiii vs Serph (Digital Devil Saga)- iiii
Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII)- iii vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiii
Logg (Suikoden V)- iiiiiiiiiiiiii vs Kwanda Rosman (Suikoden)
Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)- iiiiii vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- iiii