Register

Author Topic: PG Finals Light: It ends as it begins: With :-*.  (Read 992 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
PG Finals Light: It ends as it begins: With :-*.
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »
1. Chloe: 41-13

Rei: 43-26
Priest: 39-32

I'm using nothing but light champs for the finals, with the exception of Gades. Vote on the form listed please!

Nergal (FE7) vs Gades (Lufia 2)
Nergal vs Titania (FE9)
Nergal vs Hellion (S1)
Nergal vs Lieza (AtLC)
Nergal vs Marivel (WA2)
Nergal vs Cait Sith (FF7)
Nergal vs Jet (WA3)
Nergal vs Garet (GS)
Nergal vs Ricardo (SH3)
Nergal vs Viki (S5)
Nergal vs Slash (CT)
Nergal vs Blastoise (PKMN)

Chloe (MK2) vs Gades (Lufia 2)
Chloe vs Titania (FE9)
Chloe vs Hellion (S1)
Chloe vs Lieza (AtLC)
Chloe vs Marivel (WA2)
Chloe vs Cait Sith (FF7)
Chloe vs Jet (WA3)
Chloe vs Garet (GS)
Chloe vs Ricardo (SH3)
Chloe vs Viki (S5)
Chloe vs Slash (CT)
Chloe vs Blastoise (PKMN)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: PG Finals Light: It ends as it begins: With :-*.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »
Nergal (FE7) vs Gades (Lufia 2-E: What the fuck.
Nergal vs Titania (FE9)-I'm pretty sure Nergal survives two Titania physicals, but a shot of Sol or Counter will absolutely fuck him. It's enough to tip a close fight.
Nergal vs Hellion (S1)- Copper flesh.
Nergal vs Lieza (AtLC)- Don't think Lieza's Mdef wards off a 2hko, but even if it does she's under constant pressure.
Nergal vs Marivel (WA2)- Marivel's ID was spotty IIRC.
Nergal vs Cait Sith (FF7)-Counters eat a big bite out of Cait's physical, but counters also trigger a limit. Splat.
Nergal vs Jet (WA3)
Nergal vs Garet (GS)- Garet does not double Nergal. What the fuck?
Nergal vs Ricardo (SH3)- Kneejerk this as not Ricardo's type of match, but could be wrong.
Nergal vs Viki (S5)- I don't think Viki5 doubles? She had serious speed problems from what I recall.
Nergal vs Slash (CT)- Halves darkness apparently. That's that.
Nergal vs Blastoise (PKMN)- Rain Dance- Hydrocannon is a OHKO here and lets him avoid a counter.

Nergal: 6-6
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:18:34 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
Nergal (FE7) vs Gades (Lufia 2) - Darkness quartering is not Nergal's friend e: or he doesn't actually resist dark, if his endgame form doesn't have it, I doubt his midgame form does either, and I don't think that one's so much more damaging or durable to pull it off here.
Nergal vs Titania (FE9) - Has average damage.
Nergal vs Hellion (S1) - Copper Flesh
Nergal vs Lieza (AtLC) - Lieza is bad at damage and her magic stat is unspecial, 2HKO ahoy.
Nergal vs Marivel (WA2)
Nergal vs Cait Sith (FF7)
Nergal vs Jet (WA3)
Nergal vs Garet (GS) - Garet doesn't double Nergal?  Seriously?
Nergal vs Ricardo (SH3)
Nergal vs Slash (CT)

Chloe (MK2) vs Gades (Lufia 2) - e: okay, then
Chloe vs Titania (FE9) - Do the grudge.
Chloe vs Hellion (S1) - Hellion MDef doesn't fend off PDL 2HKOing (seriously, she doesn't even halve magic damage and her HP is awful) and her speed is bad enough that Chloe gets those off before she completes the 3HKO, so she uses Copper Flesh instead... which means Chloe uses her ID weapon since she gets her fifth turn before Hellion gets her fourth... except that makes Chloe's damage le suck (as in she probably only 4HKOs with PDL now since she wasn't 2HKOing by that much to begin with, the damage hit is that bad) so Hellion doesn't need to bother with Copper Flesh and only needs three turns... which probably means Chloe needs to get a Quick activation at some point.  Not sure if I respect that enough.
Chloe vs Lieza (AtLC) - gj getting heallocked, lieza
Chloe vs Marivel (WA2)
Chloe vs Cait Sith (FF7)
Chloe vs Jet (WA3)
Chloe vs Garet (GS) - Walling fire kind of makes Garet sad.
Chloe vs Ricardo (SH3) - Sure.
Chloe vs Slash (CT)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:38:14 AM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »
Nergal (FE7) vs Gades (Lufia 2) - EDIT: Yay!
Nergal vs Titania (FE9) - See Random.
Nergal vs Hellion (S1) - Copper Flesh at the very worst.
Nergal vs Lieza (AtLC) - Lieza gets -nearly- OHKOed by Nergal and she can't really attack him safely ever. Go her.
Nergal vs Marivel Armitage (WA2) - Congratulations at sucking on damage, Marivel. RES staves off ID.
Nergal vs Cait Sith (FF7) - See super, really.
Nergal vs Jet Enduro (WA3) - Good lord.
Nergal vs Ricardo Gomez (SH3) - Not really Ric's kind of fight, no.
Nergal vs Viki (S5) - I was about to vote Nergal, but Viki5 roughly THIRDS magical damage after factoring in HP and she's like half a standard deviation below average speed - which is certainly enough to double him. So, she two-rounds (4HKOs at worst) and isn't 3HKOed herself. Go her.
Nergal vs Slash (CT) - Halves Shadow? Welp.
Nergal vs Blastoise (PKMN) - sure why not

Chloe Hartzog (MK2) vs Gades (Lufia 2) - EDIT: nevermind, Gades still sucks.
Chloe Hartzog vs Titania (FE9) - Similar situation to Gerik, same caveats apply.
Chloe Hartzog vs Hellion (S1) - EDIT: Hmmm, Random and Dhyer both punctuate the match better than I did. I'll just add that Quick is like a turn five activation on average, so it's not really tilting the fight this way.
Chloe Hartzog vs Lieza (AtLC) - 2HKOs with Booc+Poizn Demon Lord and is -definitely- faster after the first turn. Bad combo for Lieza.
Chloe Hartzog vs Marivel Armitage (WA2) - Immunes both ID and Sleep. This makes her slower than Marivel, but she fails to care and just goes straight for the 2HKO.
Chloe Hartzog vs Cait Sith (FF7) - Froggy. Cait Sith in Light, wtf were we thinking.
Chloe Hartzog vs Jet Enduro (WA3) - If Ginny couldn't pull it off, Jet certainly won't do it either.
Chloe Hartzog vs Ricardo Gomez (SH3) - EDIT: Okay, mathmathmaths! Ricardo 3HKOs either way (if Chloe immunes Fire, he -barely- 3HKOs with the physical, if she doesn't, he barely 3HKOs with Fated Day's End). HOWEVER, after Grudgeful Miss Drudge, he uh 5HKOs -after- factoring in the free hit he got, and he's average mdur more or less (1 point below average SDef, not even 1% above average HP). Chloe -does- miss the 2HKO -post- regen with the highest possible average... but I'm not sure if that's safe when she has a degree of damage instability (her default weapon -does- have Deadly, after all). Since I subscribe to the 0 Goto Points average for reasons of fuck Goto hype, though, Chloe just heal-locks anyway, though she -does- need Miss Drudge to help her out. Regardless, I think Dhyer's vote for Ricky makes perfect sense after this exercise.
Chloe Hartzog vs Viki (S5) - Chloe opens with Grudgeful Miss Drudge and hopes to land the ID weapon before dying, I suppose. The speed split helps a lot.
Chloe Hartzog vs Slash (CT) - Halving Darkness means he almost inevitably runs Chloe out of resources before dying even discounting how he likely outslugs anyway. Slash is considerably more magically durable than Gades, may be faster, counters and gets a damage boost at half HP, which makes Chloe struggle further in comparison to her fight with Gades (she 2HKOs Gades with Cursed Doll, she may not even 3HKO Slash, and Cursed Doll is very expensive).
Chloe Hartzog vs Blastoise (PKMN) - EDIT: Okay, so he DOES lap Chloe and 2HKOs her with Hydro Pump at base, so she needs to  immune Water (GMD just means Blasty 3HKOs instead and Chloe lets him get those three turns). But that's all she needs to do, she has a very solid 2HKO on him and Bite 4HKOs her.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:16:49 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 04:19:23 AM »
Nergal (FE7) vs Gades (Lufia 2)- Gades may quarter Nergal's damage, but Nergal's defenses null Gades damage.
Nergal vs Titania (FE9)- Nergal cuts physicals by 15 per hit, which seems like Titania would have trouble 2HKOing. She doubles, he counters, he kills. Sol is out since she goes first and therefore his two moves are consecutive.
Nergal vs Hellion (S1)
Nergal vs Lieza (AtLC)
Nergal vs Marivel (WA2)
Nergal vs Cait Sith (FF7)- Right, instant endless limit
Nergal vs Jet (WA3)
Nergal vs Garet (GS)
Nergal vs Ricardo (SH3)
Nergal vs Viki (S5)- Unlike Titania, Viki is cutting Nergal's damage
Nergal vs Slash (CT)

Chloe (MK2) vs Gades (Lufia 2)- So...okay, Chloe's strategy is GMG, WoB, Cursed Doll. Cursed Doll is doing...6000 damage to Gades after WoB. Gades almost 4HKOs, but GMG slows him down a lot. Chloe may even choose to have less speed, and get HP regen, which nearly cancels out Gades damage. Think she should end up taking this to me. Miss Grudge shines against really bad damage.
Chloe vs Titania (FE9)- Okay, so Titania just misses 2HKOing Chloe to me. Chloe 2HKOs.
Chloe vs Hellion (S1)- Copper Flesh. ID weapon kills Chloe's damage too much (so that Chloe can't force a trade off of Hellion needing to Copper Flesh to kill the 2HKO to instead be bitten by the slower to kill ID weapon)
Chloe vs Lieza (AtLC)
Chloe vs Marivel (WA2)
Chloe vs Cait Sith (FF7)- Don't think she can avoid that L2 limit to me.
Chloe vs Jet (WA3)
Chloe vs Garet (GS)
Chloe vs Ricardo (SH3)- She only heal locks with the big damage to me, but...can Miss Grudge help her stall enough for the 16 turns? Quite possibly, but...gut is that him getting the first turn doesn't help at all there.
Chloe vs Viki (S5)
Chloe vs Slash (CT)

Chloe 8-4
Nergal 7-5
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 03:45:01 AM »
Nergal (FE7) vs Gades (Lufia 2): Are we sure he quarters darkness? Monkey's notes mention Erim/Daos doing so, but not the others... edit: well then.
Nergal vs Titania (FE9): Not sure why some people seem to be giving Nergal some sort of counter advantage here; Titania can park herself in front of him and counter just fine, so yeah, this is very easy to me.
Nergal vs Hellion (S1): Copper Flesh.
Nergal vs Marivel (WA2): Her damage isn't good enough. If she could stall until Gellacrazy that would help, but I don't see any way for her to do this.
Nergal vs Cait Sith (FF7): Sure, Cait Sith could win this a few different ways. My take? He just lets Nergal attack him first, gets a limit, and OHKOs with DICE. fuck yes. (Okay this might fail but still.)
Nergal vs Jet (WA3): Gatling not being double-able sinks Jet here.
Nergal vs Ricardo (SH3): Yeah Ricardo's brand of weak healing doesn't scare Nergal.
Nergal vs Viki (S5): S5? Okay, yeah, sure. The mages in that game are very magically tough.
Nergal vs Slash (CT): Slash too good against mages.
Nergal vs Blastoise (PKMN): RBY Blastoise just misses the 2HKO.

Nergal 5-5
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:21:36 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
I'm wrong. Gades's final form not only has no resistance to dark (His shuman island form may be different, but...), it has about 1300 HP less than expected. Vote changed.
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 04:29:48 AM »
Lol. (And I still voted against him in both fights either way!).
...into the nightfall.