Author Topic: Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 2  (Read 1944 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 2
« on: November 03, 2013, 04:29:56 AM »
Week 1 will be open another 24 hours or so, but why not get this up too.

Godlike

Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Beast Rune (Suikoden II)
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II)
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)

Heavy

Marumaro (Blue Dragon) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)
Yveltal (Pokémon) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)

Middle

Jonathan 'Gabe' Gabriel (Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier)
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier)
Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Kylin (SaGa Frontier)

Light

Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Seaking (Pokémon)
Luca (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Butterfree (Pokémon)
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Farfetch'd (Pokémon)
Duster (Mother 3) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:31:18 AM »
Quick and dirty.  Far as I can tell, I've used the same basic conventions as Meeple, somewhat trimmed down to relevant moves.  You should have a rough idea if compared to existing, earlier gen stat topics, albeit not perfect of course.

Yveltal  (Dark/Flying)

201 HP, 151 Atk, 115 Def, 151 SAtk, 118 SDef, 119 Spd
Dark Aura: Powers up each Dark-type move.  Best as I can find, this has the same effect as Adaptability (STAB becomes 2x instead of 1.5x) but is limited to Dark and effects teammates in multi-battles.

Default (... I think)
Oblivion Wing: 76 special Flying-typed damage.  Heals for half damage dealt. 10 pp
Dark Pulse: 100 special Dark-typed damage.  20% chance of flinch. 15 pp
Roost: Heals for 50% mHP.  Loses Flying typing until next turn. 10 pp
Taunt: Target can only use offensive moves.  Lasts 3 turns.  20 PP

Other Useful Moves
Double Team: Raises Evade one domain.  15 PP
Snarl: 69 special Dark-typed damage, 95% accuracy.  Reduces opponent's SAtk one domain.  15 pp.
Sucker Punch: 100 physical Dark-typed damage.  Acts first.  Fails if opponent not using an attack.  5 pp.
Psychic: 56 special Psychic-typed damage.  10% chance to reduce opponent SDef.  10 pp.

Yveltal has a pretty diverse selection of move types, but they're all either 2 turn, low accuracy, or straight up weaker than existing moves (hi air slash) and thus not really competitive with what's listed here (Psychic, of course, is because Wind and Darkness are commonly resisted elements and of his off-type movepool it's the overall best.)

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 04:59:13 AM »
Light

Checking the stat topics, I see that Seaking gets both slower & less damaging between Gen 3 & 4.  Well then.  (I don't think Gen 3 wins anyway, Meeple hypes it as a Middle, but it somehow fails to 2HKO the frailish Olivier AND has accuracy issues.)  Olivier himself has a solid enough 2HKO.  (And is also probably a Middle, but is awesome, so hey.)
EDIT: So Elf's post caused me to run the numbers, and okay, Olivier doesn't have a 2HKO after all here, too much of his damage is magical.  It...  doesn't matter to me, I'm using the Gen4 numbers where Seaking is slower in the 3HKO race, and as usual I punt Agility insta-doubles hype (lower TB speed cap & all).  Gen3 Seaking is a good fight though, due to being faster.

Haha, they both have nearly identical damage (Saber has .19 PCHP, Farfetch'd has .21 PCHP).  Saber 4HKOs and goes first, Fatfetch'd 6HKOs ignoring crits...  yeah Farfetch'd needs 3 crits in a row for the turns he gets.  Swords Dance is a waste of time thanks to Saber's buff-dispelling move.  Laggy, I am disappointed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:15:37 AM by SnowFire »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 05:46:28 AM »
Godlike

Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II) - P.sure this is just a quickdraw match, and Riou should be faster. EDIT: Huh, Rolf is faster. So it goes.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4) - Gutcheck. Invincible is a thing, but Yu can stall for awhile with healing and such himself, if he doesn't just go first and slaughter. Could be argued, but not thinking too hard about Futurama.
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)

Heavy

Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Gut is arnaud, but I need to check Shante's full skillset before voting. Will do that later. EDIT: Yeah, he has this.

Middle

Jonathan 'Gabe' Gabriel (Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)

Light

Luca (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Butterfree (Pokémon) - I played enough TAY for this.
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Farfetch'd (Pokémon) - RBY Fetch'd should take this due to the nature of Slash in that.
Duster (Mother 3) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Paralyze, outslug. Pika will be like triple turning him after one Agility due to the speed busting property of paralyze.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:56:54 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 06:50:04 AM »
Olivier, whose offence is utterly unspecial, getting 2HKO hype against the average durability Seaking kinda sums up my problems with Snowfire's views on the game in the DL. So yeah, put me down for the Dhyer views here. edit: apparently he misses the 2HKO so eh guess this is back to an open question for me.

Godlike

Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Beast Rune (Suikoden II): Kneejerk of Nene having nasty MT being too much for Beast Rune. I'd like to stat topic Nene to be sure.
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness): uhhh I've seen Sasalina's first form (and it's pretty good, but likely not enough to handle Lamington) but I know she gets better.

Heavy (I'll deal with this one later)

Marumaro (Blue Dragon) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): Yeah sure, see Pyro.
Yveltal (Pokémon) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): uhhh this comes down to speed I think? Both win turn 2. Gen 6... probably pretty much needs a full gen stat topic which makes me think Yvetal is faster since the full-gen list of pokemon is a fairly slow average due to gen 2-3. But I dunno for sure.
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire): Yeah sure.

Middle

what

Light

Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Seaking (Pokémon): Seaking outslugs Olivier (3HKOs and Agility lets him do it reasonably quickly) and Earth Guard is moot here. Olivier only wins with confuse. So it... really depends how good that is. I remember it being an immensely scrubby status in the Lorence fight, wearing off almost instantly, but apparently it's two turns on the PC end? It really depends how often it causes turn skip instead of the completely useless "force attacks". Mm... even assuming it's 50/50, Olivier is basically trading one turn to inflict confuse with one turn of Seaking missing. The main thing he can do is forstall Seaking activating Agility which... might win this for him since without Agility Olivier should 3HKO first? ... except no because if Seaking's 50/50 attack happens first there's no winning trade there. And I suspect the "skip turn" is less than 50/50 anyway. Good fight though!

Luca (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Butterfree (Pokémon): Kneejerk? Sleep immunity makes Butterfree incredibly sad, it 6HKOs at best and is 2HKOed, paralysis and string shot and whatever shouldn't be able to tilt that. edit: Apparently Luca doesn't have sleep immunity. So Butterfree just needs sleep to hit 2 times out of 3 since two sleep durations should let it do the damage it needs. This is RBY of course, in later gens Butterfree needs sleep hit 2/2 since Luca will get a turn on waking up... but 'free also gets Compoundeyes then so sure.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:19:41 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »
Godlike
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II)- Fractionally faster
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- I have to assume that he has something here. Elc puts up a decent fight, but is out of his league.
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- Ugh, this bitch. So bad in game, but yeah.

Heavy
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- The good for Shante: I would not see Divide's as reflectable by WA 4 and the WA 4 kill point is like 25K to me. The bad is that she really doesn't have that long before a Hyper Triple comes up under Slow Down. Arnaud blocks Sleep, Blocker pushes Silence to turn 2, Slow Down, Hyper, wait for triple. Think it's too much pressure for her.

Middle
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier)- Turn 2 faster Mute>Turn 2 ID
Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Kylin (SaGa Frontier)- Kylin only wins with ID

Light

Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Seaking (Pokémon)- I do find Olivier a borderline Light, but Seaking is not good (Slow, frail, lack of damage), and is horribly walled by Confuse. Really it's the Confuse part.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
Godlike

Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- Can wall fire and physicals. That gives Elc serious problems.

Heavy

Shante (Arc the Lad II) vsArnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- Shante in heavy? What the hell. Anyway, kneejerk that the physicals overwhelm her at some point.

Middle

Middle:
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier)- Sarah doesn't 2HKO Thunder, meaning petrify does it's thing.
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier)- The status hits Rouge status defense, so that's out. Dei does however manage a 2HKO, thanks to Rouge defense.

Light

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »
Godlike

Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Beast Rune (Suikoden II): File me under doing too many sidequests. In a slugfest I think Beast Rune overwhelms Nene. Though I don't remember Nene all that well, other than that I didn't have a problem with him at all when I wasn't restricting myself to starting-classes-only.
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II): Stat topics indicate Rolf is +.94 stdevs to Riou's +.84 stdevs. I can't vote here. So I guess the question for folks is whether Megid is legal or not and I have no idea myself.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4): Yu Makakarn's so that Elc won't be able to Mind Buster his SP away. Even if Elc can manage to nail his SP, he's have to go through 2 HP bars and 1 attack. Yu also BENEFITS for a change from using HP and not SP to do physical attacks! Might be possible for Elc to win through that judicious Magic Canceller+Divide+Might Mind, but Makakarn just walls Elc's abilty to bust Yu's SP, so that's that.
By the way. Hasn't Yu been in, like, a lot? Or was that just the tourney proper.
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness): Not sure what to think about MK2 bosses.

Heavy

Marumaro (Blue Dragon) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): Marumaru is mostly about infinite healing? Lucian heal-locks easy and may Stun.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4): Slow Down -> Hyper -> 2 attacks (24K damage). Easy enough.
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire): Heal-locks. Doubles and crits kill Jiro for good before he can get off a limit.

Middle

Jonathan 'Gabe' Gabriel (Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier): Power Up is worthless because Glass Shield. Gabe's only MT is cruddy 4HKO (3HKO on WR?) Berserker. Gabe goes first normally so WR just uses turn 1 to put up LightSword. The slight boost to her Blunt Durability staves off a Physical -> Wallop KO!
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier): Thunder's status looks like turn 3, and Sara can definitely pony up a 3HKO.
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier): 2HKOs first.
Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Kylin (SaGa Frontier): Immunes ID?

Light

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:23 PM »
Godlike
no

Heavy

Middle

Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier) - Stone Breath barely misses connecting on the second turn, doesn't matter with my view of SDs anyways.
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier) - Probably 2HKOs, likely doesn't even have to.

Light

Duster (Mother 3) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - *looks up Duster's damage* ewwwww

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 08:53:10 PM »
Godlike

Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Beast Rune (Suikoden II): Abstain.
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II): Think I see Rolf as faster.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4): Kneejerk.

Heavy

Marumaro (Blue Dragon) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): Kneejerk.
Yveltal (Pokémon) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Hiro goes first to me, and isn't OHKOed, so Concussion sword.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4): Kneejerk.
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire): More Kneejerk.

Middle

Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier): I think Rouge gets Implosion Instant Death off before Dei can do anything lethal.

Light

Luca (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Butterfree (Pokémon): Goes first, Sleeps, Tailwinds, Bug Buzzes a bunch of times, Luca gets like one hit off the entire way.
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Farfetch'd (Pokémon): Isn't Farfetch'd
Duster (Mother 3) vs Pikachu (Pokémon): I don't allow full combos because unlike other timed hits, they are anything but trivial in Mother 3, so Duster's damage is AWFUL.   Was thinking Duster may have a shot until I learned he was only marginally above average, so Pikachu goes first, Thunder Waves, then uses Agility, then sort of outslugs Duster badly.  Duster's only chance is luck with Wall Staple or Hypnosis, but Pikachu's getting so many turns, and Duster's damage is so bad, AND being paralyzed means he's skipping every few turns, I really can't see him offsetting this.  I think he may have a Lightning resistant equip granted but not sure that's enough in this case.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II) - If I'm no longer allowing overlevelled skills, Rolf being faster just doesn't matter.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4) - :yu:

Yveltal (Pokémon) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Maybe in a couple months.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Nope. Shante's kinda over her head in Heavy anyway.

Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier) - eh sure
Chloe Hartzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Kylin (SaGa Frontier) - Kylin against ID-immune 2HKOer.

Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Farfetch'd (Pokémon) - eeeeeeeeeeeeew saber damage. Farfetch'd Agilities, laps and 3HKOs first (Saber 4HKOs Farfetch'd of the 0.61 pdur, gj).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:46:15 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Reiska

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »
Only two three matches I can vote here:

Godlike

Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II) - wins if you allow Megid.  I do.  (If you don't allow Megid, he doesn't belong in Godlike.)

Light

Luca (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Butterfree (Pokémon) - sleep should carry this for Butterfree regardless of which generation's interpretation it gets.
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Farfetch'd (Pokémon) - RBY Farfetch'd wins this to me thanks to lol critical rate on Slash.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:23:52 PM by Reiska »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Duster (Mother 3) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - No multiple turns for things that don't get them in their home game for me.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »
Olivier, whose offence is utterly unspecial, getting 2HKO hype against the average durability Seaking kinda sums up my problems with Snowfire's views on the game in the DL. So yeah, put me down for the Dhyer views here. edit: apparently he misses the 2HKO so eh guess this is back to an open question for me.

Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Seaking (Pokémon): Seaking outslugs Olivier (3HKOs and Agility lets him do it reasonably quickly) and Earth Guard is moot here. Olivier only wins with confuse. So it... really depends how good that is. I remember it being an immensely scrubby status in the Lorence fight, wearing off almost instantly, but apparently it's two turns on the PC end? It really depends how often it causes turn skip instead of the completely useless "force attacks". Mm... even assuming it's 50/50, Olivier is basically trading one turn to inflict confuse with one turn of Seaking missing. The main thing he can do is forstall Seaking activating Agility which... might win this for him since without Agility Olivier should 3HKO first? ... except no because if Seaking's 50/50 attack happens first there's no winning trade there. And I suspect the "skip turn" is less than 50/50 anyway. Good fight though!

By my views, Olivier barely misses a 2HKO (97%) with 2 shots of magic (albeit coming at at slightly slower than his normal speed). With the S-Break average, Olivier does 2000 over "2 turns" with is barely a 2HKO. So for him, there isn't a large change in only that manner.

Confuse shuts targets down to using basic physicals, which also hurts the Poke here (I would assume that some attack had is the basic physical...but yeah, generally not one that helps enough here). If you don't give credit againt Pokemon for that, it's a lot worse. Granted, then he kill quicker via S-Breaks with the 100 CP, albeit barely (although part of it being physical helps here).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 12:34:55 AM »
Yeah, I'd see confuse as "forces target to use its most basic attack"... which for Seaking, will be Waterfall (or Surf if you allow that), since it will come in with that and three non-damage moves. I'm not going to see confuse forcing someone to use an attack they don't even have... especially not a confuse as lol-worthy in-game as Trails'.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:36:58 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 01:37:11 AM »
Fair enough. Granted, starting with 100 CP lets Olivier squeak it out regardless (Turn to the "dark" side!)

Please note that if you are looking at numbers in the original topic, enemy defense is way under endgame (there are balancing factors of several sorts, but it's way too low for the final dungeon which partially compensates by throwing massive attack upgrades at you).
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
Godlike

Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Beast Rune (Suikoden II)- idly hoping elfboy gets a chance to stat topic nene this weekend.  My gut is nene can knock out the support targets before they even act, and he definitely outslugs the heads from full... so it's a question of if he takes too much damage before that happens.
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs Riou (Suikoden II)- No vote.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- No vote.
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- Well diagonal shot bounces off, so she's all about those limit phases... which Lamington isn't bypassing very well with her defense and his 2HKO-to-average damage.  I should math this more but kneejerk is Sasalina.

Heavy

Yveltal (Pokémon) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- Mmm.  Hiro's faster, and Yveltal can't take two triple swords.  Roost is a losing game and I'm pretty sure the draining isn't enough to put Hiro at a turn 3 kill.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- No vote.
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)- Right, Jiro can't do a damn thing about Ryu's detransforming heals.

Middle

Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier)- No vote.

Light

Duster (Mother 3) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- No vote.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:28:23 AM by Cmdr_King »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »
Going based off Gen 5 numbers for Yveltal (No stat topic = I'm less lenient on him), he actually survive Triple Sword x2 with Oblivion Sword's draining, if barely.

This doesn't save him though, as Hiro is barely faster (as in, if Yveltal had 1 more speed, he'd be equal to Hiro; I'm not kidding) than Yveltal, and Yveltal cannot 2HKO Hiro w/ Oblivion Wing + Dark Pulse, nor can he survive 3 Triple Swords, so yeah, clear win for Hiro.

It's possible after Gen 6 averages and such are taken, damage curve may be lower and Yveltal can KO after that, but until then, he's held against the higher averages.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Middle

Jonathan 'Gabe' Gabriel (Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - WR puts up an initiative Lightsword, and then it looks like she can counter whatever angle Gabe goes for.
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier) - When in doubt, tiebreak against low-odds status spam and/or SaGa Frontier monsters.
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier) - Dei 2HKOs and goes first. Heck, I'd take his ID over Rouge's even if he didn't 2HKO; Rouge's is marginally more reliable, but Dei's comes out first.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:32 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 05:19:17 AM »
Godlike

Nene (Blue Dragon)- ii vs Beast Rune (Suikoden II)
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II)- iiiii vs Riou (Suikoden II)- iii
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- iiiiiiii
Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iii vs Lamington (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- ii

Heavy

Marumaro (Blue Dragon) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)- iiiii
Yveltal (Pokémon)- i vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- ii
Shante (Arc the Lad II) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiiii
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)- iiiii

Middle

Jonathan 'Gabe' Gabriel (Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iii
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- iiiii vs Thunder (SaGa Frontier)- ii
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiiii vs Rouge (SaGa Frontier)- i
Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiii vs Kylin (SaGa Frontier)

Light

Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- iiii vs Seaking (Pokémon)- i
Luca (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- ii vs Butterfree (Pokémon)- iiiiii
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- iiiii vs Farfetch'd (Pokémon)- iii
Duster (Mother 3)- i vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- ii