Register

Author Topic: FEDL 2, Week 2  (Read 1369 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
FEDL 2, Week 2
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:35:45 AM »
Godlike

Dragon (7) vs Giffca (9)
Lucina (13) vs Athos (7)
Nailah (10) vs Julia (4)
Larcei (4) vs Dheginsea (10)

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9)
Gangrel (13) vs Zephiel (6)
Tana (8) vs Hector (7)
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13)

Middle

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7)
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11)
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13)
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8)

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7)
Lucius (7) vs Sanaki (10)
Heather (10) vs Maribelle (13)
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: FEDL 2, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:37:33 AM »
Godlike

Dragon (7) vs Giffca (9)
Lucina (13) vs Athos (7)
Nailah (10) vs Julia (4) - ooookay.  Julia has nearly double average AS so uh she beats Nailah speed I'm willing to say, but Nailah has threat range on her side so she goes first and... doesn't 2HKO.  Can't even hype Savage here, Julia has Nihil (and I wouldn't hype it anyways.)  Nailah doesn't really survive three rounds against Julia damage.  Using Glare is basically conceding defeat, it's to the tune of turn 4 on average.
Larcei (4) vs Dheginsea (10) - Yeah if I didn't see Sety pulling this off I'm pretty sure Larcei doesn't either.

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9) - Cordelia's not really one of those dodgy people.  Or one of those people capable of doubling people who come close to doubling average
Tana (8) vs Hector (7) - Pretty sure I've seen this before.
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13)

Middle

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7) - If Henry managed Brom he should manage Oswin.
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11) - Kneejerk for Jaffar being kind of not quite cut out for this.
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13) - Well time for more Falchion hype
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8) - uh Oscar could uh forge a steel bow and not counter?  Don't think that'd let him take this.

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7)
Lucius (7) vs Sanaki (10) - uh well Sanaki has WTA.  Let's see, going by the numbers I use, Sanaki 5HKOs and Lucius... gets knocked to a 5HKO as well if he uses Shine (Divine isn't a very good idea no matter what average you hold Sanaki against, so I'm not going to be giving it much consideration), so it'd depend on who goes first, and I'll kneejerk FE7 mage threat range over FE10's.  Sanaki's weak odds of dodging or proccing Flare do not, I think, do enough to overcome this, 
Heather (10) vs Maribelle (13) - Oh look.  Another mage.  BUT RENEWAL no Heather deals more than 30% of Maribelle's HP thanks to the magic of doubles.
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:38:53 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »
Dragon (7) vs Giffca (9)
Lucina (13) vs Athos (7) - I'm kind of okay with turn 1 Aether hype in tricky situations like this.  Even if Athos has good Hit I don't think he quite nulls the Lucina evade chance anyway.

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9) I was thinking this might not be a total lost cause for Cordelia due to MOV advantage + WTA, but then I was reminded of Ike's crazy DEF with Ragnell, and how that counts double against a Brave Lance.  Ow.
Tana (8) vs Hector (7)
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13) - Assassin Gaius barely doesn't double, so I guess it's Trickster hype time.  EDIT: BUt sure, Rutger critz hype.

Middle

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7)
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11)
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13) Jill & Cordelia party at the red-haired flyers defeated by blue-haired heroes with swords of destiny club.
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8)
The bow strategy doesn't sound totally irrational, actually?  Sure Oscar's getting doubled but he's pretty tanky, and while Elf is about to say that FE9 bows are only double power, 2x double power shots should still kill the frail Vanessa, and I don't think her dodge is THAT good?  (Especially since I'd let Oscar forge a +4 / +20 hit Steel Bow.)  There's still tiebreaking who goes first between two extremely high move characters; in Vanessa's favor flyers are all-terrain, but Oscar has the mighty Canto in his favor which is awesome enough in-game I'm happy to use it for who-goes-first-when-Move-is-tied type tiebreaks.
EDIT: Well, to be contrarian if nothing else, I'll hand Oscar a vote.  It's a coinflip in my estimation.

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7) - I assume.
Heather (10) vs Maribelle (13) - Probably crushes War Cleric Mari worse than Valk Mari, actually.  Heather can probably kill War Cleric with a Bronze Knife, lol attack from range 'til a Bane double procs, it's not like she's dying to the axe hits any time soon.
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8) - I assume, usually safe to bet on the person who's doubling.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:30:16 PM by SnowFire »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »
Vanessa's evade is nearly 60%. That's Lyn-level dodging right there, the Wyvern Rider girls in FE8 are all monstrous dodge tanks.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
I don't use 20/15, so it's "only" 53% with a Killer Lance (which Vanessa wants anyway).  (If a 20/10 stat topic existed, I'd use that, which would make it even a tad worse.)  Vs. FE9 forged super-accuracy, that drops even further, and her bad durability doesn't really save her from getting 2HKOed here despite the nasty damage drop.  Anyway, fine, with ~33% evade, say Oscar needs 3 shots.  Vanessa gets 4 Killer Lance hits in (and maybe an opening 2x Javelin counter?), which is deadly by the Silvers average but not by the Killers average.  Then there's the movement tiebreak for the final turn, with Vanessa easily winning if she gets it and Oscar winning (if he avoided the 4HKO) via completing an effective 3HKO.

It's a close match for sure, but I suspect that I'd want to do something crazy like calculate the actual average MOV for the games since Oscar getting a clean win on that tiebreak is so key.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 04:40:27 AM »
Godlike

Dragon (7) vs Giffca (9): Yeah no, Giffca's not good enough to deal with Dragon's nasty near-ITE/ITD 2HKO-to-almost-everything nonsense. Giffca only does 1.8 PCHP before dying, and Dragon's well past that to me thanks to his outstanding def.
Lucina (13) vs Athos (7): Athos 2HKOs by a hair with Luna, to the point where roundoff means he might miss it. Of course he can 2HKO more solidly with Aureola or Forblaze, misses the 2HKO with Nosferatu but has it with Nos + one of the legendaries. Meanwhile Lucina kills in three attacks (five brave hits if you prefer), i.e. in two turns, i.e. the same as Athos. But Athos has better relative threat range I -think- (both scan as being normal move, but Athos has range) so goes first, smacks with Aureola, and wins on a counter? Actually even if he goes second it doesn't matter. Lucina needs turn 1 Aether here, or to dodge... and Athos is +24 hit from average with Aureola, more if Luna is good enough.

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9): Ike 3HKOs, Cordelia... just misses the 3HKO. And Ike can attack at range, which makes this pretty ugly since Cordelia will be doing some dodging but not nearly enough.
Gangrel (13) vs Zephiel (6): Zephiel OHKOs Gangrel, no math needed there. Does he land his first hit? Yeah, almost assuredly... he's got pretty good accuracy (support concerns should cancel out here). Anyway Gangrel very obviously doesn't OHKO so I think that's that. He may even have some trouble 3HKOing which means one dodge wouldn't matter; I'd need to math that out.
Tana (8) vs Hector (7): Armads.
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13): Rutger is faster than Lyn, so no doubling concerns here. Rutger 3HKOs with Silver while Gaius also 3HKOs as an Assassin, or 4HKOs as a Trickster. Rutger is extremely accurate (+22 with Silver, +27 with Killer) so Gaius isn't likely to gain much respect from me in evasion (especially since his evade build needs an extra hit to win and has lower pdur so Rutger can use more accurate weapons). All this without hyping the fact that Rutger can get 75 crit and Gaius' poor luck.

Middle

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7): Have some death!
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11): Jaffar is +5.8 AS, Tiki is +2.26. Baaarely a doubling, in other words. Speaking of baaarely, Tiki manages the 2HKO to the slightly fragile Jaffar, and also has the accuracy to reliably land both hits. So Jaffar needs a 2HKO to win and a 3HKO to tie. Tiki def is pretty good so he's probably looking at a 4HKO, which isn't good enough.
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13): Thanks to the Falchion, Chrom 2HKOs and Jill doesn't, and Jill doesn't have enough evade to get any hype there even with WTA.
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8): Bow Oscar obviously 2HKOs, but is below average accuracy. Forging accuracy would help, but all the non-Ike/laguz/thief/Nosferatu types would forge accuracy so the net gain wouldn't be that much. Anyway Vanessa 2HKOs as well and obviously has more acc/evade here so I don't see the debate?

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7): Garcia 2HKOs with anything, Serra 4HKOs with anything. So Garcia barely wins if he uses a Hand Axe. Neither will want to attack first in that situation since Garcia wants to finish with Iron and Serra wants to avoid that, so stall. Uh okay. Yeah if Serra gets to attack second she just has to dodge one of two Hand Axes, laughably easy for her. Dodging one of Hand + Iron... still in her favour overall since Garcia hit is kinda bleh. Close, but yeah.
Lucius (7) vs Sanaki (10): Lucius has significantly more mdur and by the half-shifted averages, doubles.
Heather (10) vs Maribelle (13): I guess I'll have to think about a Heather match next week.
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8): Similar to Serra/Garcia kinda, as Innes 4HKOs. Bartre 2HKOs with Hand + Silver (not two Hand). Bartre starts with Hand Axe out, Innes needs to attack of course or Bartre gets a free hit. Innes does so, doubles, eats a counter. Bartre kills. So does Innes dodge at least one shot? Yeah, surely, Bartre accuracy is bad.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
Godlike

Dragon (7) vs Giffca (9)
Lucina (13) vs Athos (7)
Nailah (10) vs Julia (4)
Larcei (4) vs Dheginsea (10)

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9)
Tana (8) vs Hector (7)
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13)

Middle

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7)
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11)
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13)- FALCHION DEMANDS BLOOD
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8)

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7)
Heather (10) vs Maribelle (13)
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8)

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »

Lucina (13) vs Athos (7) - Burping Elfboy.

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9) - Ragnell being ranged makes this kinda ugly even with Ike's WTD.
Gangrel (13) vs Zephiel (6) - Sure!
Tana (8) vs Hector (7) - I've seen you.
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13) - Yep.

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7) - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13) - Exalted Falchion sees use. Welp.
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8) - Surely. I'm not even sure how much a forged bow matters, Vanessa's frail enough that she's likely to get 2HKOed by Oscar either way. Just uh evade kinda puts a crimp on that in practice.

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7) - Remember when Elfboy had Serra face Dorcas on that old FE7 battle simulator ad nauseum and she kept winning? Yeah, this is more or less how this goes.
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8) - sure why not

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
Remember when Elfboy had Serra face Dorcas on that old FE7 battle simulator ad nauseum and she kept winning?

Ironically enough, no.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »
Remember when Elfboy had Serra face Dorcas on that old FE7 battle simulator ad nauseum and she kept winning?

Ironically enough, no.

That's part of the fun.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »
Godlike

Dragon (7) vs Giffca (9) - Giffca's Attack is high enough to 3HKO through the Dragon's absurd Defense, and that's what he needs.
Lucina (13) vs Athos (7) - Athos gets a solid 2HKO with Aureola (Luna risks being tripped up by the healing from Javelin Aether) and goes first due to range. That'll do it.

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9) - Cordelia 10HKOs and can't counter range. No way this ends well for her.
Tana (8) vs Hector (7) - Effective Armads says "Splat".
Rutger (6) vs Gaius (13)

Middle

Henry (13) vs Oswin (7)
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11)
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13) - Not an OHKO, but still more than Jill can deal with. Plus, infinite healing!
Oscar (9) vs Vanessa (8) - Bow Oscar technically has above average accuracy here, as he can use Iron and still 2HKO, but that's not enough.

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7)
Heather (10) vs Maribelle (13) - Heather, mage slayer.
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8) - Bartre 2HKOs with Killer Bow (opening counter) + Hand Axe, and he needs at least two hits of three. Definite accuracy issues, though. Ehh.

Edit: Whoops! Bolding corrected. Good catch, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:40:46 AM by MalcolmMasher »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 07:44:01 PM »
Did you mean to bold Vanessa there, Malcolm?

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 01:08:24 AM »
Godlike

Dragon (7)- iiii vs Giffca (9)- i
Lucina (13)- i vs Athos (7)- iiiii
Nailah (10) vs Julia (4)- ii
Larcei (4) vs Dheginsea (10)- ii

Heavy

Cordelia (13) vs Ike (9)- iiiiii
Gangrel (13) vs Zephiel (6)- iiiii
Tana (8) vs Hector (7)- iiiiii
Rutger (6)- iiiiii vs Gaius (13)

Middle

Henry (13)- iiiiii vs Oswin (7)
Jaffar (7) vs Tiki (11)- iiiii
Jill (9) vs Chrom (13)- iiiiii
Oscar (9)- i vs Vanessa (8)- iiiii

Light

Garcia (8) vs Serra (7)- iiiiii
Lucius (7)- iiii vs Sanaki (10)- i
Heather (10)- iiiii vs Maribelle (13)
Bartre (7) vs Innes (8)- iiiiii