Author Topic: Project Diva F 2nd song rankings  (Read 3810 times)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:15:28 PM by Tonfa »
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Project Diva F 2nd song rankings
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:41:02 AM »
Chance Time Comparison for songs in PDF2. The ones in the OP are chance time versions.

Ievan Polkka EXTREME. are you happy now tal

Knife (True Path) this is canon, ok

Kagerou Daze (Chance Time Failed) it's a whole new time loop!

Close and Open, Demons and the Dead (Hard) Showing off how the gameplay patterns add to the visual presentation.

Meteor (Extreme) stars are pretty

Look This Way, Baby DLC Song 1

Aikotoba DLC Song 2

Sekiranun Graffiti DLC Song 3

Rolling Girl DLC Song 4

Change Me DLC Song 5

Yellow DLC Song 6

Solitude's End DLC Song 7

To the End of Infinity DLC Song 8

Just Be Friends DLC Song 9

Magnet DLC Song 10

Rosary Pale DLC Song 11

Promise DLC Song 12

When First Love Ends DLC Song 13

Marginal DLC Song 14

Though My Song Has No Form DLC Song 15

Electric Angel Final DLC Song
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:35:53 AM by Tonfa »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:57:54 AM »
Tonfa you didn't list Ievan Polkka XTREEM I'm disappointed

---

Akatsuki Arrival
Sakura Rain
Soundless Voice
Close and Open, Demons and the Dead
Meteor
Erase or Zero
Break It, Break It!
Wintry Winds
Ievan Polkka (Extreme)
Blackjack
Kagerou Daze
The World is Mine
Cantarella ~Grace Edition~
This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee
Envy Cat Walk
Hello, Worker
Romeo and Cinderella
Roshin Yukai
Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit)
Double Lariat
Luka Luka ★ Night Fever
Doubleganger
Knife
Melt
Two-Sided Lovers
Glory 3usi9
Pinky Swear
Decorator
Clockwork Clown
Miracle Paint
Two Breaths Walking
Packaged
SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-
I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals)
The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku
Colorful x Melody
Clover♣Club
Kokoro
Love-Hate
2D Dream Fever
Paradichlorobenzene

---

Might move stuff around later I dunno.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:49:23 AM »
Did the full combined top 95 for both PDFs. Yes, these shamelessly retcon earlier rankings.

Soundless Voice
Tengaku
Roshin Yukai
Break It, Break It!
Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku
Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit)
Ashes to Ashes
Solitude's End
Paradichlorobenzene
10. Close and Open, Demons and the Dead
Kokoro
To the End of Infinity
Tokyo Teddy Bear
Two Breaths Walking
Knife
Remote Controller
Akatsuki Arrival
Nostalogic
20. Magnet
Love-Hate
Fire◎Flower
Erase or Zero
ACUTE
Rosary Pale
Melancholic
Kagamine HachiHachi Flower Fight
Blackjack
Change Me
30. Sweet Devil
Romeo and Cinderella
Doubleganger
Wintry Winds
DYE
Sadistic.Music∞Factory
Meteor
Promise
Double Lariat
Aikotoba
40. Pinky Swear
Sekiranun Graffiti
Clover♣Club
Envy Cat Walk
SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-
Rolling Girl
Secret Police
Rin-chan Now!
Unhappy Refrain
Ievan Polkka
50. Senbonzakura
Tell Your World
The MMORPG Addict's Anthem
Look This Way, Baby
What Do You Mean!?
Summer Idol
World's End Dance Hall
Stay With Me
2D Dream Fever
60. Luka Luka ★ Night Fever
Though My Song Has No Form
Just Be Friends
Kagerou Daze
Hm? Ah, Yes.
Colorful x Melody
Freely Tomorrow
Packaged
Hello, Worker
Urbandonment
70. Marginal
Weekender Girl
World's End Umbrella
Time Machine
Miracle Paint
God-Tier Tune
Black★Rock Shooter
Glory 3usi9
When First Love Ends
Two-Sided Lovers
80. Electric Angel
Yellow
Decorator
Clockwork Clown
The World is Mine
Negaposi*Continues
Monochrome∞Blue Sky
Cat Food
Sakura Rain
90. I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals)
Melt
Odds & Ends
Continuing Dream
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!
Glasses

'kay. Reverse order makes this easier.

40. The World is Mine
39. Melt
ryo in fine idolculture.txt form

38. I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals)
Nice ad, where's the song? (For Reals)

37. Clockwork Clown
36. Miracle Paint
Both are different but rub me the wrong way. Clown would probably move up a few places if it ditched the last line.

35. The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku
Too obviously a gimmick for a rhythm game.

34. Glory 3usi9
33. Decorator
32. Packaged
Low end cheerpop. The snubbed hug in Decorator is pretty funny.

31. Sakura Rain
It's pleasant sounding but does absolutely nothing to grab me.

30. 2D Dream Fever
Tries going into at least three separate directions and then ends up wasting the last minute doing nothing anyway??

*GAP*

29. Colorful x Melody
Cheerpop.

28. Hello, Worker
The sentiment is something I didn't expect to see in PDF, but the song itself is pretty weak.

27. Two-Sided Lovers
hi wowaka, this is your weakest effort sadly

26. SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-
Somewhat pretty. Would be better off not being faux live.

25. Luka Luka ★ Night Fever
EXIT TUNES Presents the Very Best of Vocaloid Eurobeat Vol.5

24. Double Lariat
Very chill. There's a great live cover of this.

23. Romeo and Cinderella
Could be stronger, but the synth (complete with faux clapping) is pretty bad. Slow section at 2 minutes-ish is nice. Also "You're right, I should be honest / The axe I dropped was one of gold" is a great lyric

22. Clover♣Club
The vocaloid lifestyle is not straight edge

21. Kagerou Daze
Somewhere between good and tedious. Repetition is on purpose, but the voice tuning could be better too...

***HUGE

20. Envy Cat Walk
An audiovisual car crash, with all the pros and cons of it.

GAP***

19. This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee
i think i'm doing this wrong, someone's knocking on my door

18. Pinky Swear
Delightfully dark/whimsical. Doesn't quite hit The Great Song Zone but has enough merits to be very enjoyable regardless.

17. Meteor
Very pretty. Sound doesn't quite hold up its end of the bargain.

16. Wintry Winds
At this point there are no flaws, everything is just strong.

15. Blackjack
Okay I could have done with a tamer video here though. So close to a 21.

14. Doubleganger
13. Love-Hate
Now THIS is how you do cheerpop, based Kagamines. The random murderfaces roughly halfway through Doubleganger are hilarious. Love-Hate is really cute. And great in live covers!

12. Two Breaths Walking
Rocking and pretty.

11. Erase or Zero
BRO 5 BRO

10. Close and Open, Demons and the Dead
To have to put this so far down is a testament to how much good stuff there is...

9.  Kokoro
Very pretty. Really good use of robot voice.

8.  Akatsuki Arrival
7.  Knife
Good stories combined with good songs. miku sure dies a lot huh

6.  Cantarella ~Grace Edition~
Generated with some kind of algorithm to directly appeal at me

5.  Paradichlorobenzene
Ah. I hated this song and thought it was the worst on first listen. It's an *****ly ********ing piece that has grown on me to a huge degree.

4.  Roshin Yukai
Super pretty. Love the lyrics.

3.  Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit)
Outstanding use of Kaito's voice. What a stunning song.

2.  Break It, Break It!
Outstanding use of Meiko's voice. Great song with a lot of visual intrigue going on.

1.  Soundless Voice
What is this doing in my silly singing robots rhythm game?

toro explains it all II: http://pastebin.com/bGX5DScP
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:03:23 AM by Tonfa »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »
Excellent

1. Colorful x Melody
Pure joy.  This is the fully-realized potential of j-pop.  The perfect sort of song for a rhythm game.

2. Pinky Swear
"If you don't think this is true love let me show you proof"

3. The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku
Pretentious name aside, this song really reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy, in that there's a grandiosity and spaaaaaaceness that seems really out of place but somehow works splendidly.  I love how the song builds to its conclusion.  Probably the best use of inhumanly fast singing I've seen (tough to say whether it's better than in Rin-chan Now).

4. Meteor
This song works a lot better visually with the gameplay.  Lovely song, in any case.  A little sappy, but I love the buildup in the latter half.

5. Demons and the Dead
:D
Check out the gameplay video at around 2:40.  It's neat.

Great

6. Blackjack
Driving beat.  Great stuff.

7. Kagerou Daze
Cool concept, great music.  If you miss the chance time (which is in the beginning, unlike most songs where it's at the end) almost the entire video is different, which is a really neat thing to do with a song about Grounhog Day style time travel.

8. Two Breaths Walking
Way cooler video than I realized while playing.  I love how the phrases stretch out just a little longer than you think they will.  Very nice.

9. Hello, Worker
Hits a little close to home.  Great lyrics.  Good job by whoever translated it.

10. Romeo and Cinderella
Wow those lyrics sure are unexpectedly sexual.  Nice video, great music.

11. Sakura Rain
I refer to this song as 'halyosy gets an A in Composition 101.' straightforward chord progressions that resolve just like they ought to.  Orthodox.  Simple ain't always bad, though (The Beatles' Yesterday comes to mind) and this one comes out lovely.  Builds nicely.  Has emotional heft.

12. SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-
I like this way more than I think it is a good song or video.  The chorus is delightful.

13. Akatsuki Arrival
Dunno what's going on exactly, but whatev.  Awesome, driven song.  Great chorus.

14. Erase or Zero
100% 90's space opera.  Love it.  Triple bro high five at 2:45.  Let's go watch some Gundam Wing.

15. Soundless Voice
I love how halting and broken up the singing in the beginning is.  It doesn't quite scan, tripping you up when you try to follow (very noticeable in a rhythm game, of course).  Fitting.  This song out of all of them could benefit from a live human singer for the climax.

16. Break it, Break it!
Great video.  The musical intro reminds me of Breath of Fire IV, somehow.  Unquestionably the best Meiko song in either PDF game.  Great baseline.

17. Doubleganger
Earnest.  Nice guitar.

Good

18. Kokoro
That story tales about robots always seems to lead to, in musical form.  Nicely executed.  Let's go watch Robot Carnival or Kino no Tabi or something.

19. Roshin Yukai
No idea about this one.  Robot angst, just angst, something.

20. Miracle Paint
Fun.  Not a lot to say about it: it's all surface, but that's fine.

21. Glory 3usi9
Nice lyrics, pretty good melody.  Reminds me of Packaged and Melt, but has an actual positive message.  Video is a nice spectacle.

22. Thousand Year Solo
100% Wild Arms.  Rudy Kaito sings about being an ageless android and watching the world fade.  Suffers from being not quite as good as the real WA openings.

23. Melt
Where do I even start with this?  It's like an encapsulation of all that is wrong and right about the whole Vocaloid Thing.  Well, maybe there's more wrong than right in this one, but I love the sound effects in the beginning, so there's that.

24. 2D Dream Fever
Way more fun to watch to play.  I love the lighting.  Too bad it doesn't really go anywhere.

25. Clover Club
This song calls to mind an alcoholic sarariman (we're in the 80's so let's drag out that particular anachronism) drinking on a lunch break in a dimly lit bar with one of those cheapo bar arcade machines, bleary-eyed from lack of sleep.  His ambitions have been whittled down by overwork and by the alcohol he clings to.  He dreams of an attractive young woman who soothes him, gives him permission to have another drink, infuses alcohol with a sense of meaning and artistry.  But there is no one like that in his life, nor will there ever be.  The washed-out colors in the video.  Man.

Average

26. Love-Hate
Not sure how I feel about this one.  How fitting.  It's a pretty great video.  Nice translation, too.  Actually i like it.

27. The World is Mine
Surprised I'm rating this so high.  I can't stand the message of the song, but the execution is great.

28. Cantrellia
i just don't, like, care that much about this one.

29. Decorator
The autotune is pretty annoying but it's a nice song otherwise.

30. Wintry Winds
Kinda dull, a little too repetitive.  Great use of Kaito and Meiko's voices, though.

31. I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals)
I would install you on my PC, Miku, but Windows 95 would get angry. no one wants that.

32. Luka Luka Night Fever
Simple and dull.  Undercooked.  Time has not been kind.

33. Double Lariat
Boring.  Really repetitive.

34. This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee
Shoulda stayed with the intro section.  The half-hearted hard rock kinda sucks.  There's a nice instrumental solo near the end, but too little, too late.

35. Knife
I can't stand this song. the chorus just grates on me. reminds me of this in a bad way.

36. Envy Cat Walk
There's some decent ideas in here, kinda fun lyrics, some neat things in the video, but it all adds up to less than the sum of its parts.

37. Packaged
the Cat Food of PDF2.  Too harsh?  Probably too harsh.  Still, like, what is the point of this song.

Bad

38. Clockwork Clown
Nope.

39. Paradichloronzene
If I promise to care about your existential crisis will you please stop singing?

Please make wowaka stop writing music tier

40. Two-sided Lovers
Oh hey I have a new toy that lets me spit out lyrics really fast let's just lean on that it will be great.  Turns out it sucks, actually.  Wowaka's stuff is to decent Vocaloid music as In The Groove is to DDR.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:28:48 AM »
Top 5 - these five are the best for sure.  I have no idea of their order and swapped them all around several times.  It feels bad putting anything at 4 or 5 because I think they all deserve at least top 3.

1. Break It, Break It! - Meiko tosses her boyfriend into Silent Hill.  One of my favorites from early links, and holds up on review.  Post-2:20 really kicks into overdrive.  Slightly disappointed with the lyrics but that's not enough to keep this from a very high placement, everything about it is good and... precise, I guess is a good way to put it.  Each note, tone, word and visual has a place and role.

2. Roshin Yukai - Huh.  Huuu...h.  Uncanny valley Rin maxes out the echo and distortion while singing about murder and suicide.  This song is REALLY creepy, and that's a shameless one way ticket to the top of my charts.  I love everything this song does, including the part where it just sto

3. Close and Open, Demons and the Dead - Ah yes.  This song.  This is so far outside the rest of the music that I have no idea what to say.  It's the most earworm piece in the game by far, that's for sure.  I have no idea whether or not I like it.  It exists.  It eclipses so many of the other songs.

4. This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee - It is my duty to rank this highly.  I think it's been discussed at some length in chat already, but... yeah I love concept songs like this and the execution is perfect for what it's going for.

5. Akatsuki Arrival - Surprisingly fun.  I'm a sucker for this type of beat and was tapping my foot immediately.  Has that oldschool anime OP feel, even the lyrics give me a vibe like a wayyyy toned down Ali Project thing.  Nice vocals too, and actually sells the Miku/Luca rivalry that I understand is a thing in ~Vocaloid plot~.  Just very solid all around, could listen to it for quite a while.  Actually I looped it and waited to listen to the whole song a second time while writing this. 

Good Enough That I Want To Hear Them More - Pinky Swear and Meteor are above the others here.

6. Meteor - I've heard this somewhere else before ARGH and I don't know where.  Anyway it's good, I can get behind this sort of lullabye music - and then the flight section hits and the results are just transportive.  Very listenable, very positive.

7. Pinky Swear - Great use of contrasts, highly evocative lyrics/video to go along with it, sells a story.  Captures a similar mood to Dream-Eating Baku from PDF1.  Very immersive.  Love it.  Not sure what else to say.

8. Blackjack - So here we have a rare inversion for me, an entry where I love the song and find it very mentally interesting, but don't like the video as much.  Whatever they did to Luka's voice here really works to call attention to the tone, there's a lot of volume dynamics going on, I love listening to it.  That video, though...  Or should I just say that ass wiggle and be done with it?  Because that's some wiggle.  And unlike something like Hm? Ah Yes, I can't see why the Mild Suggestive Themes are particularly necessary for this song.  Still scoring high for me but not as high as it might have with some Akagi-style antics to match the lyrics instead.

9. Erase or Zero - Star Ocean: The Len and Kaito Story, press Start to begin?  Super sappy nostalgia fuel from this song, it's not a bad thing though.  And the production is very strong.  How to put it.  It feels like a "real song" rather than a game entry?  High rank for that, to me.

10. Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit) - So I listened to Wintry Winds before this and thought "wow that was good use of Kaito and Meiko."  I was wrong.  THIS is good use of Kaito.  This song is really good and amps up all of Kaito's particular strengths and synergies to sell the lyrics and instruments.  It would not be good with anyone other than Kaito.  I am highly impressed.

11. 2D Dream Fever - Oh hey, what's this at the bottom of the list?  It's... Intense Voice, again, except everything here is executed well instead of meh.  Cacophony!  Robot themes!  Musical transitions!  A good video!  No other pair of songs express this sort of contrast better.  Yeah, it could be longer, but what's here is great.

12. Cantarella ~Grace Edition~ - Kaitopremacy continues, this isn't ... no, it is.  It is very good.  I keep going back and forth on it.  It's so unlike the rest of the songs. 

13. Romeo and Cinderella - Those are some lyrics, all right.  Oh yeah, there's a good song and video too.  Well, I like songs that ride a concept hard, go deep in metaphor, and touch all the right places in setting and tone.

Enjoyed Listening To Tier - A gentle slope downward.

14. Envy Cat Walk - Cacophony.  Enjoyable cacophony.  I like cacophony.  I like cats.  Like I wrote on some other ones, this has a vision and executes.  The vision is one of cats, question mark?

15. Kagerou Daze - You skimped out on the truck 0/10.  More seriously, this is a good intro to a story but the actual song is not... really all there.  So it winds up just okay.

16. Knife - Song is reasonable, develops and does stuff.  Video's pretty good too except that I can't stop staring at Miku's costume.  What is that, a mummy eyepatch, star bikini top, and a thong?  Is this really the canon costume?  Anyway it.. hm.  This is the hardest type of song to rank, I think, the values are all above average but no aspects really grabbed me in particular.  Stamp a firm B- on it I guess?

17. Wintry Winds - Divided on how to rate this.  Standalone, or compared to many other songs, it's not really "objectively" that good.  But it does do a LOT with what it has.  Kaito and Meiko are worse voices than the other vocaloids, that's just a fact of the technology's evolution, they're more primitive, more robotic and less flexible.  But this?  This is a way to go in on a Kaito and Meiko song and make them work.  Putting them into a poetic meter japanese song with traditional instruments makes their choppy, slightly "off" voices work with the song rather than against it, and the result comes out... not great, but good.  + points for Kaito swordsmanship, - points for Meiko having G-cup jiggle physics (seriously, PDF?  even in THIS?)

18. The World is Mine - Wow uh that's some fetish bait there.  Song has good piano.  Lyrics are amusing I guess?  Visuals are... pretty?  I feel dirty talking about this but it's a reasonable midcarder and not harsh on the ears.  Help me.

19. Doubleganger - Enjoyed listening to once.  Good production.  Not really my style.

20. Two-Sided Lovers - Started bad, ended up rather listenable.  Nothing to write home about but I didn't mind it.

21. Clockwork Clown - Unremarkable music, but the lyrics and video punch above their weight.  Enjoyed watching, no desire to listen to without video.

22. Miracle Paint - Miku tries swing!  Kinda fails at it... but still does well enough that I'd prefer listening to this than most of the formula peppy pop cyberstage business.  Shoopbabbadoppadoowop, yeah!

23. Luka Luka ★ Night Fever - People hyped this for last place in chat.  I am almost disappointed that it's actually ok.  No points for video, one of those ports from what I understand, but nothing wrong with the music here, and the vocals are well built.

24. Clover♣Club - This could have been a bad song.  Maybe it is.  By most rights it really should be.  Whoever wrote those subs though, they had a lot of fun.  The lyrics, costuming and beat hit the right notes for me to actually enjoy the absurdity of this.

Mediocre Tier - Not bad, but didn't really enjoy them either.

25. The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku - So I said I like cacophony... but this feels mostly forced.  And the self-referential vocaloid robot stuff doesn't score any points with me.  It's just kind of there to massacre the rhythm game players. 

26. SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-  - There's nothing particularly special about this song, but Miku has a crazy outfit.

27. Paradichlorobenzene - So I actually knew this song beforehand, and this version... ruins or misses out on everything I liked about it.  It's supposed to be Kagamine Horrorpop (TM) in the vein of Tokyo Teddy Bear, but this is just... I don't even know.  Something something cage and random singing.  Disappointment.

28. Kokoro - Ahh... this teased like it was going to go somewhere interesting, and then it didn't and just stayed in the same place with more kicker.  There have been quite a few "robot wants to be human" songs between the PDFs, I feel like, and this is not one of the better ones.  And then Rin dies at the end??????

29. Two Breaths Walking - Kinda boring?  There just... isn't a lot going on here.  It's not bad, it has SOME development, just... meh.

30. Glory 3usi9 - Someone didn't understand how 1337 works?  This is all right.  One of the better produced generic peppy songs, although the production is kind of thin at times and that makes the Mikuvoice glare through.  Not a lot to say about it.

31. Decorator - Decoration may be the best skill for aspiring queens, but bland cheerpop, as toro puts it, is not the best song for robot singers.

32. I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals) - The Luka version of this song was way better than the Miku version.  Meh.

Dislike Tier - Would turn off again/10

33. Colorful x Melody - When I talk about the super peppy pop that I can't get into, this is what I mean.  It's fine for what it is, probably?  But ugh no not for me.

34. Packaged - Repetitive, bland, no strong points and it's not even 3 minutes long.  Not actively offensive but the definition of forgettable.  I actually forgot the melody while listening to it, which is... something.

35. Love-Hate - So uh, I guess we're all in on the 14 year old Kagamine incest route.  Song's ok, I like the comic presentation of the video, but man, the voices are REALLY bad and bring this down.  Totally choppy and monotone, and Len's has some really weird warble going on.  Ultimately that makes this less than pleasing to listen to.

36. Melt - Meh.  Hoped this was going to be something like Dye.  Instead it was completely generic but with a harsh riff at the beginning and too-high miku.  I guess the cyber stadium is the generic location of choice this time around, huh?

37. Double Lariat - Well, I dunno what's going on with the vocals on this sounding so detatched from the backing, but I don't like it.  No real redeeming features in sight.

38. Hello, Worker - Poor vocals, poor song.  I guess it captures the faux happiness of cubicle life or something.

39. Soundless Voice - Oh god.  I wish it was soundless.  That's some REALLY bad Len.  And half the song is just Len alone, and the other half isn't nearly enough to salvage anything.

40. Sakura Rain - actually Nope'd out of this track at the 32 second mark.  Tabbed through the rest of it.  Did not get better.  This is the anti-me music.

http://pastebin.com/VkEj0qHA  editing in my thoughts on toro's top 50 just to have it saved somewhere for reference
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:08:13 AM by Sir Alex »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 09:36:55 PM »
Soundless Voice - This, This, THIS!!! I was pretty outraged when I see this track got butchered. Sorry for being overtly emotional, but this is my favorite Len track of all time.
They pretty much butchered 1/3 of the song, then paste a portion from Proof of Life onto it, which really didn't work well.

Here is the original, listen to this instead.

Soundless Voice
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4977896

Proof of Life
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5387156

And here are the nicely done coverage from Valshe:
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7362595
www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7645524

Kagerou Days - And here is the full MV list for the Kagerou project.

www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/30497131

Those who are interested in the story can go take a look.
I highly recommend Ayano's Eudemonics and Summertime Records. It has a lot of good coverages out there.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 09:59:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeVhHLggZ5U - on that note, here's the original Paradichlorobenzene, Len's supervillain origin song.  PDF watered it down so much into some metaphorical golden cage nonsense...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:24 AM »
I almost forgot about this, so here is a knee-jerk list in the hopes that if I post something I'll actually remember and finish it later. <_<  There will probably be significant rearrangement, or at least some more comments.

Akatsuki Arrival
Roshin Yukai
Break It, Break It!
Close and Open, Demons and the Dead
Wintry Winds

Knife
Blackjack
Clockwork Clown
Two-Sided Lovers - The song itself isn't that great but I can't help but put it this high because I absolutely love playing it for some reason.

Thousand Year Solo (DIVA edit) - I know it fits the lyrics and all but robo-kaito is just grating enough to make this fall out of the top songs.
Kagerou Daze
Paradichlorobenzene
Kokoro
Luka Luka ★ Night Fever
Pinky Swear
Two Breaths Walking
Doubleganger
Double Lariat
The World is Mine
SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition
Decorator
Melt

Below here, I stop caring enough to put them in any sort of order other than the respective groups are better than the groups below them.

Meteor
Romeo and Cinderella
Clover♣Club
Hello, Worker
Erase or Zero

Soundless Voice
Miracle Paint
Love-Hate
Glory 3usi9
Colorful x Melody
2D Dream Fever

Envy Cat Walk
Packaged
Sakura Rain
I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals)

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 08:29:28 PM »
This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee - i am happy, i am fulfilling my duty
Pinky Swear - would
Knife - Rin wins, fatality
Cantarella ~Grace Edition~ - so much style, the era of kaito
Erase or Zero - male duets, a rarity
Akatsuki Arrival - rip miku
Close and Open, Demons and the Dead - i support undead rights
Roshin Yukai - rin must be stopped
Romeo and Cinderella - innocent lyrics
Clockwork Clown - clown miku terrifies the populace
Break It, Break It! - shots fired
Blackjack - that eyepatch
Kagerou Daze - R I P  M I K U, shame about CAT presence
The World is Mine - hi mithril
Hello, Worker - a stylish suit
Double Lariat - randomly precise numbers culture
Two Breaths Walking - trippy
2D Dream Fever - is 2d dream fever like yellow fever but for vo****id
Paradichlorobenzene - the stray cat drowned
Clover♣Club - let it clover club the beautiful love
Luka Luka ★ Night Fever - the spaceship
Doubleganger - emo harder
Miracle Paint - the cane from citizen kane
Thousand Year Solo (DIVA Edit) - robot kaito
Two-Sided Lovers - miku has some problems
Decorator - vocaloid family reunion
Soundless Voice - rip rin
Love-Hate - really len
Melt - miku was not literally melting i demand a refund
Meteor - better most anime
Wintry Winds - windy
The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku - calm it down there
Kokoro - go get a new kokoro from the kokoro factory
Sakura Rain - the most anime
Glory 3usi9 - there's the color
Colorful x Melody - needs more color
SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition- - that sure is an outfit
Packaged - miku orton
I'll Miku-Miku You♪ (For Reals) - miku miku in the miku
Envy Cat Walk - imagine owning or associating with cats in the year 2015

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:07:57 PM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 06:39:33 AM »
Reminder for myself to do this at some point.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »
Just pasting this in for now, need to get to the rest and put thoughts. But for now, this is a rough layout of gateopinions.txt

Blackjack > Cantarella > Akatsuki Arrival > Doubleganger > Wintry Winds > Break It, Break It > Knife > Hello Worker > Luka Luka Night Fever > Thousand Year Solo > Soundless Voice > Romeo and Cinderella > Roshin Yukai > Miku Miku You For Reals > Pinky Swear > Two Breaths > Spica 39s Giving Day Edition > Kokoro > Clover Club > Sakura Rain > Close and Open, Demons and the Dead > Glory 3usi9 > Colorful x Melody > Melt > Miracle paint > Love Hate > Clockwork Clown > Packaged > Hapiness and Peace of Mind Committee
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist