Author Topic: Futurama 2015 Mk. 1 Finals  (Read 697 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2015 Mk. 1 Finals
« on: February 23, 2015, 08:10:44 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2015 Mk. 1 Finals
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 12:53:07 PM »
Oogie Boogie (Bravely Default) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - T2's durability is so damned gross this fight's actually interesting at a glance (seriously, she has better effective durability than Oogie Boogie post-V-MAX and not far behind before). However, without going V-MAX, I think Oogie Boogie is capable of a 2HKO pre-Acedia -after- factoring in the regen, and if trashcan goes V-MAX, Default => Acedia => Zeta Flare likely guarantees a 2HKO that may well get rid of the boosts -anyway-. THIS SAID, T2 -just- scrapes a 4-3 if she V-MAXes even if Acedia kills the stat boosts and she hits that Fire weakness with Cosmic Rave... and 3HKOs fairly hands off even with a Default turn applied. Defaulting before the double just delays the inevitable, since T2 gets a fourth turn to V-MAX with and I -do- hold Oogie to its Default => Brave pattern throughout. This is crazy, T2's pretty goddamned badass, what the goddamn hell, I was all ready to vote for the potato bag but then :trashcan: happened.

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Sumia Stumbles (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Well, the Princess can kill Stumbles with Psych Bomb x2 + physical fairly hands off and goes first. So, she gets two shots of Sleepy Time to work with minimum and even may have some time to play it safe, alternating healing turns during sleep strings. Does depend to a degree on how harsh you are with SMRPG FP, since she needs at least 38 FP to pull this off assuming Sleepy Time misses once, though. Pretty weird to see both Peach and Sumia in a Heavy finals match, though.

Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default) - Uh, good lord. Vivian can immune at once Sleep and one of Poison or Silence and Red Mage has both Confuse and Seal to fear. And Vivian's faster - especially so when immuning Sleep, since the sleep immunity armor has a smaller speed penalty than her default. So, uh, Red Mage has to block Confuse and spam Reflect, possibly amassing BP to dualcast Cura and Reflect when needed... HOWEVER, Vivian SHOULD scrape a 3HKO with Duelist stab x2 + Raainbowfire anyway (I wouldn't see the unique techs as reflectable anyhow), so even this just wouldn't really work. Wow.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:51:54 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 07:10:27 PM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Smashcan V-MAXes, Bug defaults, then Acedia -> Zeta Flares next turn, so only one buffed Cosmic Rave, so 3.48 PCHP (BD weakness is only 1.5x, buffed Cosmic Rave isn't *that* strong a OHKO at base) assuming smashcan does 4-3, which is about .8 shy of a 3HKO there to me without penalizing the bug for braveblitzing and to be honest I don't think I lop off that much for it assuming I do at all (I mean... it's not really much different from Intrude bullshit which I also don't consider).  Meanwhile the bug 2HKOs smashcan fairly easily once Acedia is applied soooo yeah you need to lop off at least that much, respect the 4-3 happening (and seeing SDs count for *any* less than Snow or I do means it doesn't) and probably enforce the damage cap for Slaughter since I'm preeeeeetty sure Zeta Flare + Slaughter will flat out 2HKO the smashcan if you don't, V-MAX be damned.

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Sure.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:10:09 PM by Random Consonant »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:40:03 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): Slaughter's damage cap matters here why? I thought Smashcan's durability came almost entirely from defenses? Zeta-Flare -> Slaughter does it surely.

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Previve and healing should keep it just fine until a Corporeal is reached.

Light

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:31:51 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): Yeah, it's the pre-damage-cap figure that matters here. As such, the bug 2HKOs T260G post-VMAX. Yeesh. Saves me from looking up whether dispel moves remove the ability to use CosmicRave. <_<

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Toadstool only needs 34 MP to ice this (maybe 38 if you assume Sleepy Time misses once). I guess you could see her FP that low, but seeing as the SMRPG stat topic has used Geno Flash x3 the averages for years (= 48 MP) I'm not inclined to see things that low.

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): I don't think Corona even OHKOs, and thanks to Jiro's auto-life it won't be enough even if it does.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 03:40:58 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default)- no vote
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default
) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- In fairness, this isn't really shouldn't a Peach v Sumia final; it's probably supposed to be Ness v Sumia (Peach got a vote over Aima, but it was on slight misinformation; Ness beats Aima)

Light

...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 06:40:36 AM »
I guess you could see her FP that low, but seeing as the SMRPG stat topic has used Geno Flash x3 the averages for years (= 48 MP) I'm not inclined to see things that low.

To be fair, I seem to remember that the FP costs were not listed in the topic for quite some time after it was made (I seem to remember that I kept having to go to RPGclassics to look up costs for Nyarly's).
...into the nightfall.