Author Topic: Futurama 2017 Week 2  (Read 980 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2017 Week 2
« on: December 10, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »
Godlike

Alisa Reinford (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)
Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OGs Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)

Heavy

Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Andariel (Diablo II) vs Scias (Breath of Fire IV)
Elsa Elaine (Front Mission 4) vs Solo (Dragon Quest IV)
Denam Pavell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ayla (Chrono Trigger)

Middle

Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Alma Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Leonora (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)  vs Sage (Final Fantasy III DS)
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy)

Light

Gilbert Stein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC)  vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)
Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)
Gadabout (Dragon Quest III) vs Flonne (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)
Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) vs Jelanda (Valkyrie Profile)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:38:01 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2017 Week 2
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 06:00:17 PM »
Godlike

Alisa Reinford (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default) - Don't respect CS1 Alisa's damage enough to bust through.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - I really, really do not think so.
Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - The evade spoils Reicher hard.
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OGs Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default) - Alert spoils brave bursting (it spoils chains ingame and you can't tell me BP and COM aren't similar mechanics) and I do Fury as able to break through Braev defaulting since Default is piercable ingame (she uh really needs this though and it's reasonable to see otherwise), between that and Brave being a slug I think that should be just enough for Kaguya to pull this off.  Good fight though (and Ced likely beats either so I'm not really gonna care either way).

Heavy

Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - Should outslug
Elsa Elaine (Front Mission 4) vs Solo (Dragon Quest IV) - Think I voted this way in PG e: you saw nothing
Denam Pavell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ayla (Chrono Trigger) - e: nothing to see here
Middle

Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Alma Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Really?
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy) - Kneejerk.

Light

Gilbert Stein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC)  vs Bard (Final Fantasy V) - Just straight up outslugs, Bard does something like 0.07 PCHP damage and even Gilbert doesn't fear that.
Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) - Mint.
Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) vs Jelanda (Valkyrie Profile) - Should outrace Heal, Jagen damage isn't horrid or anything.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:03:03 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:45 PM »
Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): Different tier of Godlike. Probably just goes first and blows her up, but even if she gets one turn I'm not sure what she's going to do against a durable status-immune opponent who doesn't rely on reflectable magic.

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OGs Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default): Hmm. From turn 3 on, Braev can output 2.2PCHP damage whenever he feels like it. That's enough to overpower even Guard, which pretty much forces Kaguya to cast Miracle every turn from then on (combined with Guard, this will reduce Braev's damage to a mere 30% tickle; 60% if she wants to go without that). This puts her on a pretty strict timer. Braev, meanwhile, can wait her out by defaulting a lot, which reduces her damage by 75%. Even if you disallow him from defaulting at BP 3 (which would be reasonable; I don't believe he ever does) allowing Kaguya a safe attacking turn then, that's relatively few windows she has before she runs out of SP, and Braev can absorb hits like a champ even when not defaulting. I have to think he has this; he's really dumb against people who don't have super-high offence to punish him on turns he lets his guard down (Kaguya even has the best offence of any EF PC, but it isn't enough).

Heavy

Denam Pavell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ayla (Chrono Trigger): Both more physically tanky than they are damaging. Ayla goes first, 4HKOs with Tail Spin. Denam also 4HKOs, but is slower. Even a Mighty Impact in there doesn't push him to 3HKO, and I'm not sure he gets it. 4HKO-fests in Heavy, what are we coming to.

Middle

Leonora (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Sage (Final Fantasy III DS): Sage is slow, but Leonora is somehow slower. Opening with Reflect will ward off status... but apparently it's only one-shot? And to make matters worse, Leonora can then cast Reflect on Sage, getting rid of Sage's reflect and applying it to herself so she can bounce status off herself next turn. Since Sage can't block silence that I can see, pretty sure he's screwed.
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy): Ninja needs 4 turns to win (just misses a post-Haste 2HKO). Lion should maange to 3RKO - (4-5HKO with two Lion Dashes a turn, probably misses one). D-Formation could help too, I dunno.

Light

Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) vs Jelanda (Valkyrie Profile): Jelanda 3RKOs at worst here using Double Fire Storm. So does Jagen 3HKO first? ... yeah, he does 28% per swing to average, Jelanda only has 80% PCHP. Jelanda wishes her Soul Crush weren't total garbage, since she does get one, and it still doesn't let her 2HKO, although she does do around 99%...

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Middle

Leonora (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Sage (Final Fantasy III DS)
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Norn's buffing game should work here. She Magic Shields to near invincibility, then proceeds to status Bowman out (or just kill him)
vs Ninja (Final Fantasy)- Yeah, I agree with NEB Lion kills 1 turn more quickly

Light

Gilbert Stein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC)  vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)
Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)- Dunno. Mint buffs to her amazing 25HKO damage, but GS...certainly takes a while to kill her considering her healing store.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:59:06 PM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 08:25:56 PM »
Alisa Reinford (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default)
I am more inclined to see CS Insight & CS P. Evade as closer to BD Utsusemi than to cruddy BD evade considering how it works on physical skills in its home game, so sure, Alisa can dodge physical skills with it.  So Insight, Fortuna, expensively heal if getting hit too often, use spells to chip near 50% HP (but not TOO close since Alternis damages himself), unleash a big Altair Cannon, then unload 3x Radiance Arcs even if she dies on the spot each time.  Alternis is tanky, but not THAT tanky.
(Also while Alisa's CS1 S-Craft is pretty uninspiring, I suspect a lot of the big magic damage glomming up the averages are less too, so it shouldn't be THAT much worse relatively.)

Heavy

Maya doesn't have any status moves?  Gets outslugged then.
Pyro's topic indicates Scias has a non-elemental backup sword, which is good, because Andariel resists ice by quite a bit.  Scias's healing is actually kinda AP expensive, so he may be running dry by the end, but I suppose he can hustle it out if Andariel isn't given TOO much support credit.  Maybe even fish for a Rakshasa at the end if really needed as well.
(By the way Dhyer, you should add Pyro's topic to your list of stat topics.)
Since Neph nom'd this one in Heavy, gonna assume Lord is legit, so...  Phalanx cheeze.

Light

I like to imagine that both get scared and run away and hide.  Bard.
My Disgaea voting rights are real shaky, but Goof-Off always loses, at least NES Goof-Off.  9HKO to average!  Then he wastes some turns and thus is more like a 12HKO!  Also is a complete slug!
Presumably Jelanda has double recharge time after her double fire burst anyway.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »

Heavy
Elsa Elaine (Front Mission 4) vs Solo (Dragon Quest IV)- Solo has  more shots of healing than Elsa has bullets in her default machine gun (25 to 20). And for her to win the match she has to optimize for offense, so she can't afford to drop offense for more bullets. 
Denam Pavell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ayla (Chrono Trigger)- I kneejerk Ayla as faster. Denim's stats were quite good as a Lord but it's not enough.

Middle

Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Alma Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Alma needs a fair number of judgment calls here to win. Alma with the best possible view should manage but eh to that. She also might not 2HKO with Ultima which is a problem.

Light

Gadabout (Dragon Quest III) vs Flonne (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- Goof-Off is literally worse in every single stat than Flonne, including damage. To make matters worse, it wastes 25% of it's turns doing nothing. *Flush*
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Magnify so OHKOs Dorothy. Not that she's faring off any better against V-MAX.
Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Oh wow, talk about spoiling. Reicher -hates- the 85% evade and he's taking about 2x PC HP from the counter against the first Remote Mines and Ced's own turn - that assuming Reicher goes -first-. Oh, and Ced's crits are partly ITD. Sez RNG that sometimes Reicher won't live to see even the Remote Mines dropping, and while RNG could also crap out on Ced, odds are pretty stacked against Reicher.
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OGs Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default) - I'm pretty inclined to agree with NEB here. Fury actually is a point in Kaguya's favor, but she has -a lot of problems- here with having to juggle the buffs, healing and reaching an optimal damage burst (her output when not dropping OD Miracle strings sucks and she has to spend a lot of SP and a couple turns to get there - such turns being pretty miserable at offense). Iunno. She'd honestly like if she had access to Alert outside Miracle, would save her lots of resources.

Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - Yeeeeeeaaaah, Calamity Jane actually doesn't quite 2HKO Raku'd Makoto. Since Maya's pretty eh at offense until she gets there, that's a lot of leeway Makoto has to make her damage stick.
Denam Pavell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ayla (Chrono Trigger) - This is pretty bad.

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy) - D-Formation's pretty ugly here as a clincher.

Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) - uh i'll get back to you
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:21:04 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 12:47:34 AM »
Godlike

Alisa Reinford (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default): So Alternis 2HKOs above 50% PCHP. My notes say Alternis is slow, but I have conflicting reports on that. If he is slow, I can see Alisa getting off Fortunax2, Heal, two buffed damage spells, and a buffed S Craft. Then two more 200 CP s crafts. Alternatively she could eschew the first buffed S Craft for two more buffed spells and a buffed 200 CP s craft.... SobI believe it depends on if Alternis is slow or not.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): Dorotthy's defend whoring is mighty powerful. Buffed attacks and defending with the ocassional heal when Magnify would KO might do it.
Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OGs Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)

Heavy

Middle

Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Alma Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics): Seena Mdef is amazing.
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story): shield power.
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy)

Light

Gilbert Stein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC)  vs Bard (Final Fantasy V): Not Gilbert.
Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII): She has the healing and buffing for this.8

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 05:04:44 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy) - Huh. It's a good day to be a Middle Futurama fighter.

Light

Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) - Yes Mint. Now hear me out: this is a shocker. I think she stalls until Time Stop MA. Crazy, I know.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »
Godlike

Alisa Reinford (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel)- i vs Alternis Dim (Bravely Default)- i ([16:07] <CKDLbot> 10,0CmdrKing rolled :2,0 1d2 --> 3,0[ 1d2=1 ]4,0{1})
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)- iiiii
Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)- iii vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OGs Saga: Endless Frontier)- i vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)- ii

Heavy

Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)- iiii vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Andariel (Diablo II) vs Scias (Breath of Fire IV)- i
Elsa Elaine (Front Mission 4) vs Solo (Dragon Quest IV)- ii
Denam Pavell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- i vs Ayla (Chrono Trigger)- iiiiii

Middle

Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiiii vs Alma Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Leonora (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iii  vs Sage (Final Fantasy III DS)
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- iii vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiii vs Ninja (Final Fantasy)- i

Light

Gilbert Stein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC)- iii vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)- i
Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia)- ii vs Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)- i
Gadabout (Dragon Quest III) vs Flonne (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- iii
Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)- iiii vs Jelanda (Valkyrie Profile)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Posting from my phone so I can get these votes in before it closes.  May add of my thoughts later

Godlike

T260G (SaGa Frontier)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)
Andariel (Diablo II)
Solo (Dragon Quest 4)
Ayla (Chrono Trigger)

Middle

Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns)
Leonora (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)
Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Light

Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)
Flonne (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)
Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory