Author Topic: Futurama 2018 Week 2  (Read 720 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 Week 2
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »
Godlike

Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)
Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)
Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)

Heavy

Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs MOMO (Xenosaga Series)
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile)
Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Kika (Suikoden IV)

Middle

Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia) vs Nelis (Suikoden V)
Iria Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Cathari (Suikoden V)
Mercedes (Odin Sphere) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)

Light

Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Vincent (Suikoden II)
Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Atusro Kihara (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Volk (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 Week 2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:38:45 PM »
BR or RV Corrin should easily just kill XS3 MOMO before she gets a turn (which is what she was nom'd as).  XS1 MOMO might avoid the double...  but her sleep was apparently only against AGWS?  This just gets her Draconic Hex'd and heal-locked, even by CQ Corrin.  But I allow RV anyway which makes this easy.
Malig Knight / Wyvern Lord move is pretty great, so inclined to see Camilla get the drop on finishing her 2HKO first.  Also WTA!!1!
Think Kika needs to either double or have both Falcon Runes hit.  Possible but sketchy.

EDIT:

Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia) vs Nelis (Suikoden V)
EDIT: uh sure I guess I can vote on this, but yeah, Fire res is usually good vs. Nelis.

Light

Olivia is not very good.
Atusro Kihara (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Poor Atsuro.
Volk (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)
Power Loss sounds busted for Light, but it'd be going up against Lucius's RES, so probably not.
EDIT: To talk about this a bit more, AtL4 is a bit of a wacky game because, like Grandia 1, regular enemies are kinda dire.  I tried a solo "challenge" playthrough after I beat it, and it's actually even more brainless, because merely going a little overlevel ALSO reduces enemy damage to chip damage.  Makes it really hard to gague status / debuff hype, since only bosses can sanely kill you, and they generally immune it anyway...   well, I assume.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:47:15 PM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »
Godlike

Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - sigh
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)
Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - No Vandalier.

Heavy

Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - Smashes first.

Middle

Iria Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Cathari (Suikoden V) - so don't remember SO1 well enough for this.

Light

Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Vincent (Suikoden II) - Well this match is kind of amazingly dire but my gut says that Vincent is gonna have fits trying to get any damage to stick through water terrain regen (also he's slower and S2 WoS is worse than usual here) so while I'm not confident in this vote I may as well go for the better PC ingame.
Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening) - nope not voting on fates kid pcs nope nope
Atusro Kihara (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Should do well enough against his type.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:49:49 AM by Random Consonant »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series): Cress' damage won't OHKO Yuri and Yuri can respond with buffs/heals/dmg.
Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): OHKOs and is faster
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II): Invinco busts her MP and that is that.
Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): I think even Vandalier Ash loses this.

Heavy

Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening): sounds like Chrom is candy
Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia) vs Nelis (Suikoden V): Fire Res and healing/damage.
Mercedes (Odin Sphere) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV): his phsical tankiness will give her a headache.

Light

Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Vincent (Suikoden II)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 03:58:44 AM »
Godlike
Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)- Luca is about 0.75 PC HP to me, so Ash should 2HKO through the damage halving?

Heavy
Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Two fatal statuses

Middle
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Mercedes (Odin Sphere) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)- Sure (especially if the FF4TAY builds on evade hold true to FF 4 original)

Light
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Vincent (Suikoden II)- Yikes, this is an evil thing to think about. Corselia has the buffing and counters, but horrible base physical damage. Gut reaction is that panels are too much for Vincent to handle though.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 12:03:12 AM »
Godlike

Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- RIP this half of Godlike.
Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)- Easy heal lock.

Light

Volk (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)- Volk's damage is *really* bad.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 04:59:38 AM »
Heavy
Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs MOMO (Xenosaga Series) - Safely 2 rounds, pretty sure and can afford to take a hit once. Abyss Walker covers only physicals IIRC so Nohr!Corrin isn't even afraid of that.
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - Camilla goes first and 2HKOs. Lawfer needs too many calls to count, even if you assume *he* goes first.

Middle
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Norn is 1.24 above the SD and Chrom's speed is average (Movement and Speed stat). So she goes first, halves the damage, then Chrom hits once. After the second turn, she quarters the damage, and by the time Chrom rolls an Aether for average, her evade improves too. Not his fight.
Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia) vs Nelis (Suikoden V) - 71% resistance to Fire kind of shuts down Nelis
Mercedes (Odin Sphere) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV) - Outlasts. Mercedes doesn't have enough damage bursting to cut through Cecil's defense/healing.

Light
Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening) - Soleil is just better under most circumstances that matter
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »
Godlike

Cress Albane (Tales of Phantasia) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)- iii
Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiii vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)- iii
Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts)- i vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)- iii

Heavy

Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2)- i vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates)- ii vs MOMO (Xenosaga Series)
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates)- iii vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile)
Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates)-i  vs Kika (Suikoden IV)

Middle

Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- ii vs Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia)- iii vs Nelis (Suikoden V)
Iria Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Cathari (Suikoden V)- ii
Mercedes (Odin Sphere) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)- iii

Light

Corselia (Suikoden Tactics)- ii vs Vincent (Suikoden II)
Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates)- ii vs Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Atusro Kihara (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor) vs Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i
Volk (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits)- i vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)- ii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
Just noticed the next round has been posted. Oops. Well I wasn't planning to change any results anyway.

Godlike

Ash Lambert (Vandal-Hearts) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): Mm I strongly suspect Vandalier does win but I don't think I allow that.

Heavy

Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs MOMO (Xenosaga Series): I'd think Levin Sword/Dragonstone probably goes through MOMO's physical immunity?
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile): Move for speed tiebreak salts this away I'm pretty sure.
Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Kika (Suikoden IV): Kika might take this if Falcon were actually ITE.

Light

Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Vincent (Suikoden II): Probably.
Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Olivia (Fire Emblem Awakening): Soleil's stats are fine, just boring. Olivia's are a bit less fine.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.