Author Topic: Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Week 4  (Read 1586 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Week 4
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:47:50 AM »
Godlike

Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Xander (Fire Emblem Fates)
Gen (SaGa Frontier) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Week 4
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:24:19 AM »
Godlike

Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier): Hey I saw BossX a few days ago. Something I always forget is that LordCannon has initiative. And it's ITD. So... yeah, kinda what he needs to wreck face against defence-over-HP Sanctuary Keeper here.

Heavy

nope

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Xander (Fire Emblem Fates): Xander certainly doesn't OHKO turn 1, he's hoping for Luna or a crit. Yulie hastes and heals, takes another hit, etc. The problem is that Xander still 2HKOs even once Yulie puts up Protect and she needs to trigger counters to do anything, so she'd need to tripleturn (heal, attack, heal) to survive and she doesn't. If her evade weren't such garbage it'd help her a lot here.

Light

Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates): Squire goes first and doubles, but doesn't 2HKO and gets fried by a counter + Orochi's own turn. He MIGHT 2HKO if he goes for a full-power setup, but this lets Orochi go first and thus she kills him before he finishes his double.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 03:50:08 AM »
Pyro, I asked this before, but do you recall how much Cute Pose helps Umi's damage?  It's probably enough to OHKO average post-insanity since she's at 7500 / 8600 killpoint from your stat topic.  Anyway this does require seeing Umi's special stun as also disabling evasion, but sure, that seems reasonable.   If she can't OHKO then a perfect evade game shuts her down since she can't actually chip and only has her killer stun turn.  (Okay, she has some really horrible water magic apparently, but...  not gonna fly.)
EDIT: Looks like Shining takes another scalp.
Uh, Ryogo has counters and evades W8's counters, but he's also slamming into W8's free Protect.  Probably W8?
EDIT: Apparently not, see below.

Middle

Hmm.  Yeah, don't bother with Quicken.  If Yulie can manage just one single dodge - and Xander is using Siegfried here so he doesn't nuke his own SKL, which is listed at 87 Hit - she can use the turn to move to an elemental hex, then Quicken, then use MT summons on her free turns that evade counters and also hit GK Xander's weak resistance.  That said, a Chivalry crit would be fatal here even through Protect presumably, and 9% isn't a bad rate when Yulie is waiting for ~13% dodge, and then will need some more turns afterward...  unless Yulie has some sort of good "luck" or crit defense stat?

Light

Ubersquire wins thanks to Aegis Shield at least?!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:28:41 AM by SnowFire »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 04:20:18 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 04:47:23 AM »
Cute Pose raises stats (and damage) by 50%. I don't see how Siren's Call could negate evade as the stun will wear off by the time Umi gets her next turn (it goes Siren's call -> Stun eats enemy turn and passes -> Umi turn). Umi might be better off with status attempts but I doubt she can take Jusis.

For Ryu vs. Selvaria, I suppose it would come down to whether Ryu 3 has anything that bypasses 100% Evade. Kaiserbreath probably does the job, since true ITD MT is what I'd see getting through Selvaria's evade (her evade against MT/area attacks makes her take the hit but multiplies incoming attack power by 20% and then subjects it to her defense, negating almost all of those attacks)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:55:25 AM by Pyro »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 04:59:38 AM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) - Yeah honestly I'll buy it, Selvaria HP is pitied by the likes of Nergal.

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - yeah I'm not really sure what Umi can accomplish here, if she spends a turn to put up Cute Pose Jusis just responds by casting Shining, and if she doesn't she can't OHKO and dies because Umi durability is great like that.  Also CS status blocking options.
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Probably.

Middle

Light

Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) - you really need to be able to one-round Orochi if you're triggering counters.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 05:04:46 AM »
@Snowfire:

Ubersquire probably also just 2HKOs due to better physical attack + strengthen ice as an option. Aegis Shield is icing. There's a reason Ramza is a division higher than Squire.

I'd forgotten about Yulie's move-then-Summon which definitely gives Yulie more of a shot but I think your analysis holds up there, will think about it.

Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 05:14:51 AM »
Heavy
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I think. If you allow kiting (since both are from SRPGs), Ryogo smashes. Crush is range 1 and Ryogo has both better Move (thanks to boosters) + Attack Range so Worker has issues just trying to reach him. His best bet would then be to use the 8 range Dispose, but then he loses the 2HKO, which is worse. Without kiting, it's better but thinking Ryogo still has this. He's losing 3/8 damage, but goes first and will get two turns + two counters + Worker's self damage. Thinking that's way too much damage. Allowing shields makes this even more one sided, so that probably tips it over for me.

Middle
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) - Uh...Yulie dies the moment she has to take an offensive action pretty much. Sacrifice doesn't let her escape this since Seigfried has 1-2 counters, so Xander just waits until a Luna/Crit proc to put this away.

Light
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) - Regular Squires can't equip Shields. So effectively, he doesn't have any evade, which means he gets one turn then dies on the counter. Glorious.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 03:27:31 AM »
W8: 1.07 PCHP, 1.71 durability vs. physicals.
Ryogo: 1.03 PCHP

Hmm, Tide is right, Dispose + Crush misses the 2HKO on average, and definitely on Ryogo.  2x Dispose + Attack does it, though.  However...  W8 is actually slow enough to get 4:3'd.  (Even if you don't hold auto-Haste against some of the cast, W8 deserves it since he can't equip any of the various broken stuff you have by then, or accessories!)  So...  is 4 Ryogo attacks + 2x Dispose self-damage enough?  W8 ends up with, when the self-damage is subtracted off, .83 PCHP = 1.32 PDur.  Yeah, Ryogo can take that in 4x attacks without need for ROFLcopter hype.  So...  2x Crush it is, but that leaves W8 with even less HP and still facing 3x Ryogo attacks, so that doesn't work either.

--
Re Umi: Hmm, I guess.  The "nice" interp would be to use Trails stun rules (wears off when you next take your turn) but still not apply Trails stun-blocking to Umi's thing, but if it's just a special turn skip, maybe not.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 12:55:22 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3) vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)- No vote.

Middle

Gen (SaGa Frontier) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- No vote.

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- Uh I think?

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »

Oh hey, I've played both games.  And it is quite the interesting match to comment on.  First instinct was actually Worker 8.  Taking a closer look, could go either way depending on which judgment calls one wants to make.

I thought it was impossible to move after attacking in FM3.  Even so, I'm inclined to toss out Crush due to lack of vertical tolerance.  Ryogo is ranged and I don't see the battlefield as perfectly flat so he'll be able to find ground to attack from that takes Cursh out of play.  I also see Work skills bypassing evade.  Worker 8 punches, however, are blockable by shield and further reduced by impact defense.  With the speed difference, I do see Ryogo as getting 4 chances to attack before Worker gets 3 so things favor him pulling off at least one 2 chain or greater which does appear to be enough to claim victory.  Compress does 25% less damage than Crush and 50% less self damage but inclined to believe it's not enough.

Edit: added vote because I got so long winded and forgot.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:29:14 PM by DragonKnight Zero »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire III): vs Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)

Heavy

Middle

Light

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 12:54:50 PM »
Godlike

Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)- Lord's Cannon is nasty.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)- Ryu3 can tank a Sel turn in Kaiser form.

Middle

Gen (SaGa Frontier) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- Entirely depends on if Gen doubles before running out of SP. Not sure, abstain at the moment.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »
Godlike

Middle

Gen (SaGa Frontier) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- Even taking Gen at +.16 SD, he takes too long to double Rutee. However, I would suspect that if Gun Users were set to their attack speed, Gen would actually be slow on the attack (or if monsters were allowed to access better forms for stats, but not better moves).
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 02:19:46 PM »
DKZ: so that’s a vote for Worker 8?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »
Dhyer: The monsters are already in "better" forms (every form used in the stat topic is an endgame one); monsters are just not a fast race overall. In fact, the BlackDragon used for Riki is often considered to be the single best monster form; note that it is below the average speed of the monster forms used in the stat topic.

The gun-user initiative... is fair, though keep in mind that most gunners have quite high QUI already. Might well be enough to tilt Gen over though, sure. There are three PCs using a gun move for their best damage; their speeds are 91, 84, and 85. If you set them all at 99, for instance, the speed average rises by almost exactly a point, to 78.8. This leaves Gen on the right side of average. If you set them all at some figure like 110, he's... still above average, if fractionally. Not gonna be doubling someone average any time soon of course.

Note also that if Gen is trying to heal-lock someone he may wish to use GiantSwing -> threat of either Lifesprinkler or a followup GiantSwing, which does about 95% total damage and has instant death chance of 9% (or around 40-50% if he gets a second one and the target opts not to heal, useful if he's not quite heal-locking).

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 02:58:19 AM »
Godlike

Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier) - Thanks NEB
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles) - kneejerk vote for Ryu3 v. anything that doesn't initiative OHKO

Heavy

Middle

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Menardi (Golden Sun) - SO4 casters are preeeeeetty slow, and Menardi isn't complete status bait. IIRC she has better magical durability than physical, too? Sounds right.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
Godlike

Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- i vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiii
Ryu (Breath of Fire III)- iiiiii vs Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiii vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Ryogo Kusama (Front Mission 3)- iii vs Worker 8 (Final Fantasy Tactics)- ii

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Xander (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiiiiii
Gen (SaGa Frontier) vs Rutee Katrea (Tales of Destiny)- ii

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- ii
Squire (Final Fantasy Tactics)- i vs Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiiii