Author Topic: Godlike List 2  (Read 1127 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike List 2
« on: May 13, 2019, 12:33:17 AM »
Winners

1. Yuna- 16
2. Reicher- 14.57
3. Sephiroth- 14.13
4. Elc- 13

Losers

5. Kefka- 12
6. Chaos 9.5
7t.Killer- 9
7t. Rika- 9

Out

9. Lamington- 7.5
10t. Mewtwo- 7.29
10t.Naliah- 7.29
12. Citan- 5.88
13. Albedo- 5.33
14. Gilgamesh- 4
15. Altima- 2
16. Kato- 0.33

Godlike:

Jade (BoF1)
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT)
Jecht (FFX)
Yu Narukami (Pers4)
Luca Blight (S2)
Alternis Dim (BD)
Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel 2)
Wugui (SH1)
TimeLord (SaGa)
Terra Branford (FF6)
Melfice (G2)
Kyogre (PKMN)
Raquel Applegate (WA4)
Miguel (CC)
Teepo (BoF3)
Cyril (SO2)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Godlike List 2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 12:42:11 AM »
1. Yu- That offense and skillset be scary.
2. Orlandu- Smashes things very well.
3. Alternis- He's a limit boss but a scary one, don't let him get turns under 50% HP.
4. TimeLord- Super fast smash.
5. Jade- His speed and offense are overrated but the HP is fantastic.
6. Melfice- Good offense and speed, but not overwhelming.
7. Terra- Really hates Ultima not being legal any more. E: So did not mean to put her below Luca.
8. Luca- Hits hard with physicals and magic and has decent durability, but is pretty spoilable.
9. Wugui- Strictly a spoiler in Godlike but he does win his share of matches.
10. Teepo- Can't take the offense seriously but is competent enough.
11. Jecht- Strictly a spoiler in Godlike.
12. Cyril- Isn't totally walled by one element.
13. Miguel- Is totally walled by nulling Holy and isn't special enough otherwise.
14. Raquel- Nope.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:03:58 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »
1. Yu Narukami (Pers4) - The no brainer. Even when you disallow skill inheritance, Yu's skillset depth, options and damage are still cast best by a fair margin. His in-game weakness (slow start) isn't reflected here. He's probably borderline unrankable, but has just enough of a weakness or two to bring him down to High Godlike.
2. Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel 2) - Like the more reasonable version of Yu. Doesn't have the extreme skillset depth, but unavoidable 2PB auto revival makes her survive OHKO hits and then you have to be durable enough on your own to survive her 200 CP S-crafts. If you don't OHKO, has actual offense/evade and can generally be a real nuisance.
3. Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) - Next three all kind of mesh together, but pretty sure on how I feel about them. Orlandu's the classic godlike tier PC. Hits hard and fast, has a decent variety of equip options and the skillset is great. Orlandu's main issues are that he's all physical and he feels more status-baity because in order to optimise stats, he has to give up certain equips.
4. Melfice (G2) - Don't quite see him as the terror as before. He's still decent, with good speed, nasty status and can 2HKO the more fragile. He's vastly outclassed within the upper tiers of godlike, but he's a decent low/mid-carder.
5. Terra Branford (FF6) - Ultima legalities obviously make her worse, but she's still got Draining, match ending status and decent enough offense. The M-block and elemental immunities make her solid defensively too.
6. Kyogre (PKMN) - Water alone is harder to block versus Ice (and Pokemon very clearly makes that elemental distinction). Waterspout at full HP is very scary so he just murders you if you let him go first. He's not super fast and the Lightning weakness/lack of status blocking sucks, but giant land whale is still quite scary if going second and he has Calm Mind/Rest stall comedy options.

*DROP*
7. Jecht (FFX) - SPOILS WITH PETRIFY. Otherwise, the damage and durability are okay for godlike. They won't make waves, but he also won't completely embarrass himself either. 
8. Miguel (CC) - HolyDrgSwd + his limit combo of MeteorShower and Holy Light are really good offensively. His main problem is the middling durability + being owned by Holy/Light walling. Sup Mist Dragon?
9. Raquel Applegate (WA4) - Raq's a very good High Heavy but is too one-dimensional and too slow to really do much here.
10. Wugui (SH1) - Unlike Super, I personally don't think Wugui is really much, even as a spoiler in godlike. Part of it is I also don't see him as being durable at all so instant death is all he has - and it feels like there's way too much status blocking/boss immunities in that echelon of matches.

<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 06:05:25 PM »
1. Yu (Pers4)- Yep, spoils lots of things, needs to be killed several times over, lots of physical damage
2. Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT)- Speed, damage, draining, FFT equips
3. Alternis Dim (BD)- Nasty limit range, 2HKOs before it, 3 PC HP
4.  Jade (BoF1)- Right about PC HP damage and monster durability. Slowed by Lightning res
5. TimeLord (SaGa)- Enough initiative damage to OHKO without worrying about healers. That + a few other strats if that's don't enough get him above Alisa...I think. Very close.
6. Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel 2)- Yeah, calling her a more reasonable Yu works. Ability to unleash 1.36 PC HP magic damage without fail. Flaw: some healers
7. Terra Branford (FF6)- Fire OHKO (a bit slow turn 1) + good durability and some good generalized evasion
8. Kyogre (PKMN)- Nasty speed + OHKO + good durability (although nothing like Alternis or Jade). Elemental weakness and no status resistance hold Kyogre back (or else would be above Terra)
---
9. Jecht (FFX)- 3 PC HP (1 form 1, 2 form 2), halves damage, 3HKO ITE (borderline on the low side in form 1, borderline on the high side in form 2) + Delay or Petrify for attack options, susceptible to some nuisance statuses
10. Wugui (SH1)- 1 Pdur, immunes Magic, 100% ID, 37% Damage (using 2 of 3 attacks in physical), tad above average speed
11. Cyril (SO2)- 78% Wind Phys, 50% NE Magic, Cuts Physical 45%, Lots of Elemental Res (missing only Fire). Need to replay to see where I see the HP fall, but even taking the DL fighters with Fury still leaves him without 2 PC HP.
---
12. Teepo (BoF3)- 69% Phys Damage (60% ITD) at 80% Hit Rate, Slightly below average speed, 3 PC HP. The 4.55 I gave him in the ranking topic is probably a little too late for all that he disn't great
13. Luca Blight (S2)- 0.75 PC HP, halves damage, 85% Damage over 3 turns, Susceptible to some nuisance statuses
14. Melfice (G2)- 0.9 PC HP, 125% Speed, 60% Damage, Silence. Not a big respect for the evade myself (checks nothing important and can be gotten around)
15. Raquel Applegate (WA 4)- That speed + doesn't OHKO. ITD helps as . Pdur/Evade helps but many physical Godlikes tend to have either a form of secondary magic back up or some way to get around it. Doesn't like my use of a higher WA 4 kill point to account for quick recharges
Abstain on Miguel because CC bosses are so weird in terms of their action frequency that I'd need to think more about them
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 07:14:22 PM »
1. Yu Narukami (Pers4) - No HT means I waffle between Yu and Alisa for top spot a bit but Yu is just so much more versatile
2. Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel 2) - Angel MQ is patently absurd.
3. Alternis Dim (BD) - Nasty limit and very durable.  Too bad about the awful speed but so it goes.
4. Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) - The speed and the equp options do go a fair ways.  Not convinced it makes him better than Alternis though.
5. TimeLord (SaGa) - Overdrive
6. Terra Branford (FF6) - Elemental walling/Mblock, offense is good if not walled.
7. Kyogre (PKMN) - Nasty but has weaknesses
8. Jecht (FFX) - Servicable slugging package with petrify
9. Cyril (SO2) - Serivceable slugging package with elemental walling
10. Luca Blight (S2) - Less serviceable slugging package than the above two
11. Miguel (CC) - Hates holy walling
12. Melfice (G2) - See Dyher.
13. Raquel Applegate (WA4) - Yeah pretty over her head in godlike.
14. Wugui (SH1) - A worse W8.