Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 1  (Read 1418 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 1
« on: July 27, 2019, 01:36:29 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky) vs KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)
Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Spell Fencer (Bravely Default)

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Robo (Chrono Trigger)
Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem Blazing Blade)
Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns) vs Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II)
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:33:44 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 05:56:30 AM »
While not too bad in-game (too much ST focus), Esmeralda is c-r-a-z-y in the DL.  Anyway, sword & fire aren't in her weakness set, so RIP.

Heavy

Uh... the good news is that Aeber's Recknoning is a OHKO without even need for debuffing, which seems like it'd be good vs. Yosuke's healing.  The bad news is that I'm pretty sure all Octopath skills are evadable, and Yosuke can equip some fishy weapons for even more physical evade on top of Auto-Sukukaja which makes him damn slippery (at least in Golden).  And Therion can't resist Panic Boost'd Tentarafoos.  Takes Yosuke a bit of time with his suspect damage (worse when equipping for evade!) but think the odds are in his favor.
Will think on this one.

Who?  Okay, from the stat topic, Lo Fong has a single L4 spell charge and Vyse has 1.66 durability and healing, so Vyse heals & laughs.
Swordbreaker + getting a counter for every ID attempt probably tilts this toward Camilla. Rare footage of her using an Iron Lance to tilt the hit down even further, 3x Iron Lance hits should be sufficient here.

Middle

They each hit the "right" defensive stat and thus 2HKO each other by a mile, so who's faster at it?  While Robo miiiight be faster on turn 1 thanks to Emma's bad speed, Emma getting the faster Mirage spells from her MQ probably helps make her hustle out 2 turns faster.

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs. Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Python is horrible.
EDIT: Okay, not THAT bad.  He still takes this one, amazingly enough.
Multihit Light fighters, Jeanne's favorite opponent.  Can't stop her from transforming.
By my math, Kir's Drain just about keeps even with Rand's non-critical physical (~0.35 PDur restored) vs. Dhyer's stat topic.  Rand will get occasional criticals, but Kir will get Momentum powered Drains to deal with them more frequently.  Rand also needs to heal a little early due to the threat of Doom.  Finally, though I don't think it's really necessary, Kir can eventually get broken Singularities while sloooowly wearing down Rand's AP which might speed the process up some.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:36:00 PM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
Godlike

Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Massive ITD is not Sephiran's friend
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)- Oz's excellent HP + Ultimate Magic + Nastiness is too much I think, although I didn't think about this too hard.
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)- That's too much damage upfront for Rupert

Heavy

Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- Yeah, his durability makes her too far away from killing

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Robo (Chrono Trigger)- Emma is faster turn 1
Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Lant (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Lant?
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem Blazing Blade)- Assuming Nergal does 80% damage, he OHKOs her. Not sure what the effects of supports might be on Nergal's accuracy or damage, and also I don't remember Nergal's map very well. If he doesn't move and you can throw multiple PCs at him, his HP is going to be...bad. Lita has 60% chance of initiative (which feels more meaningful against someone who gives up initiative) and some of her buffed up damage might be enough to tank him. Taking his durability against just 3 PCs might be enough for that versus Lita's ITD setup.
Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns) vs Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)- Unsure here. There's certainly a possibility that Guy could double fairly quickly, which doesn't end well for Seena

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Lives to transform, smites
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force)- OHKO
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 04:12:31 AM »
Godlike

Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Sephiran vs. ITD
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) - think so?

Heavy

Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky) vs KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) - I really don't care.
Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) - zomg swordbreaker... is what I'd say except I don't think Spell Fencer is actually under any obligation to -use- a sword here?  Yeah it'll do less damage but like hell Spell Fencer can damage race.  That said Camilla 3HKOs so this comes down to whatever the ID rate actually is here since Spell Fencer can't afford a counter.

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Robo (Chrono Trigger) - Emma gets first turn but unless she uses a craft she cedes it to Robo who would OHKO her with a full power Uzzi Punch.  So can a craft get Robo's damage with Crisis Arm to a manageable level... looks like Etherial Edge indeed can get Robo to a sufficiently low digit.  She'd need to regain the CP to S-Break after her next turn though unless... nah looks like she can just fire off Claihm Solaris after that and still be safe.  Robo with the Terra Arm isn't even worth considering, Emma wins that damage race handily.

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - e: overrated Innes's speed and durability some, Python goes first and does only need to land one out of two counters (Curved Shot shouldn't whiff here) unless you don't prorate for HP costs in the damage average but that seems really inconsistant.
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force) - ShF1r mages OHKO basically nothing and their resource depth is about as problematic as Cai's.  It's a fail-off that comes down to basic physicals but it's a fail-off where one side can heal and the other side can't.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:30:50 PM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 09:52:40 PM »

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)- Abstain for now.

Heavy

Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- Blitzing shocktroopers is a bad idea.

Middle
Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Lant (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Alis is really bad.
Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns) vs Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)- Guy's not OHKOing; Seena's durability is really bad but it's not the total trash thanks to average defense. It's possible he gets a double and smashes with that but Guy does not have a lot of time here. He can't just lightly chip; Xabsorb and the threat of status if he wastes turns means he needs to put constant pressure on. He's thus doing a lot of damage to Seena and has an excellent chance to smash right into Puzzle or Heavy Noise.

Light

Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force)- I think so? Anri's a competent magic spoiler in SF1r; she has a lot of magic resistance and her damage is decent. I don't think Cai's healing can keep up with her damage and he has serious MP issues in a long fight.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 10:49:49 PM »
Godlike

Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): ITD. ick.
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series): Formchain.
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF): Just copying Dhyer here, since we think similarly.

Heavy

Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Lo Fong (Suikoden IV): Debuff?

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Robo (Chrono Trigger): He's... slower than her and isn't great at dealing with magic damage.
Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Lant (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem Blazing Blade): Jump Shenanigans against a non-intelligent boss.
Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns) vs Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss): Status/ID?

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force): I suspect she just 2HKO's first?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 12:42:18 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): See Snowfire. No sword or fire weaks on Esmy.
Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Super ITD damage.
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series): Hm. Oz's first form seems like roadkill for a harmonixer, but Ultimate Magic is definitely a problem. But... I honestly think Yuri can still handle that, with his own buffs in place? For Everyone is really good, as is the draining to stay on top of things. Oz really wants dispel in this fight.

Heavy

Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky) vs KOS-MOS (Xenosaga): KOS-MOS needs to get her fourth turn before Estelle gets her third, and I don't think her slow is good enough for that.
Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Spell Fencer (Bravely Default): Yeah, Spell Fencer isn't going to use a sword here, so they can actually hit. Probably a bow? ... except that might get them 2HKOed without a shield? I don't think there's any other BD weapon I'd see as ranged, and therefore I dunno if there's a way for them to avoid a fatal counter to their first attack. Might look up some numbers later.

Middle

nope

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones): Doesn't look like either doubles, and only Python counters. Innes 3HKOs (even factoring in some Curve Shots) while Python 4HKOs, so Python should win.
Kir (I Am Setsuna) vs Rand (Breath of Fire II): If Snowfire thinks so, I assume I do too, since I have more disrespect for Rand's speed.
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force): Wait, Cai's red/blue cancels out instead of resisting both? RIP.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 03:59:54 AM »
Godlike
Persephone (Wild ARMs 5) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - The charge turn doesn't even provoke a counter or anything, so Sephiran kind of explodes.

Middle
Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Robo (Chrono Trigger) - Both 2HKO but Emma has fast recovery due to Mirage helping Silver arts recovery. She might not even need it since it looks like she goes first.
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem Blazing Blade) - There is a very strong argument to have negative respect for Nergal's HP (Luna + 3x Legendary weapons exist. All of them do awful things to his durability). And since he doesn't move, Lita probably gets up some super buffed ITD hit that one shots him.

Light
Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - Strong kneejerk. I think...off hand, NEB is right. But I have a little bit more respect for Innes than I do for Python and even with the extra range + Curved shots, I'm not sure I respect the accuracy enough to say he lands them.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »
Nah Innes doesn't really have evasion worth hyping so not even Python dumping SKL is going to impact Curved Shot accuracy much.  It's more an issue with the counters but even then he's still got a good enough chance of landing one that it shouldn't matter at all.

Really what decides it is the fact that Python is actually faster than Innes both in terms of going first and actually having relatively better AS so Echoes archers being bad doesn't matter as much since Innes is also kind of bad.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »
I'll buy the Python > Innes hype.  Wow, fail, Innes.  Python's damage is bad but avoiding the counters of Innes does a lot here.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 11:02:19 PM »
Godlike

Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)

Heavy

Middle

Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem Blazing Blade)

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs. Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 02:04:26 AM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)- Rupert ends up in the sub-PC range for HP yeah?  Jack does kinda need to OHKO but I think he manages.

Heavy

Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- No vote.
Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Spell Fencer (Bravely Default)- p...robably?  I guess?

Middle

Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- No vote.

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- No vote.
Cai (Brigandine) vs Anri (Shining Force)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 01:27:41 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler)- iiii vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Persephone (Wild ARMs 5)- iiiiiii vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iii vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)- ii
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)- iii vs Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF)

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler)- i vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)- i 8:27 PM] BOTRPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 1.
Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)- iii vs KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Vyse Inglebard (Valkyria Chronicles)- iii vs Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)
Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates)- ii vs Spell Fencer (Bravely Default)- i

Middle

Emma Millstein (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiiiii vs Robo (Chrono Trigger)
Alis Landale (Phantasy Star) vs Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iii
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- iii vs Nergal (Fire Emblem Blazing Blade)
Seena (Lufia 3: The Legend Returns)- iii vs Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Python (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)- iiiii Innes (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- i
Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc)- iii vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Kir (I Am Setsuna)- iiii vs Rand (Breath of Fire II)
Cai (Brigandine)- ii vs Anri (Shining Force)- iiii