Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 3  (Read 1519 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 3
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:04:47 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)
Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Shadow Namatame (Persona 4)
Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)
Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)
Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)
Delthea (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia) vs Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Axl (Mega Man X Command Mission)
Machias Regnitz (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Viktor (Suikoden)
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)
Gen (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 01:08:02 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- Can't summon when you're stuck in a pocket dimension.
Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)- Judgment.

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Viktor (Suikoden)- Back to jobbing for you, Viktor.

Can technically vote on Cerya and Gen but eh.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 06:51:22 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - I remember you.
Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Shadow Namatame (Persona 4) - Pretty sure about this.

Heavy

nope

Middle

Machias Regnitz (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Actually yeah, this probably works out.  Machias might scrape a 3HKO before Raynie's bad regen spell is factored in -if- I was on board with allowing EP Cut 2 for the whole cast so he could cast Claimoh Solaris twice but that would cost him all of his EP so that means no Saintly Force (not that it really helps him that much, his physical damage is just so bad) even if I'm on board with allowing it for him (I should really try to pin down how exactly I feel about orbments in general one of these days).  Without... his damage just ends up too wretched to damage race since both Petrify and Poison are out and to be honest Raynie has the advantage in the inevitable staring contest since she doesn't really want to start going in hard until Machias's own regen drops.  Maybe I should take a closer look but honestly I think Machias a lot of calls made in his favor (the above in addition to not seeing Push Assault nerf his physical damage, which one might argue for but again I recall RH making no distinction between melee and ranged physical attacks in that regard).

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Viktor (Suikoden) - The consequences of failing to 2HKO Lily are severe.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 02:39:01 AM by Random Consonant »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 08:29:04 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Who put Belial in?
Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II): Hyper-Tank with infinite healing.
Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): OHKO.

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)
Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)
Delthea (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia) vs Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): I think the average of the match leans in his favor since he goes first.

Middle

Machias Regnitz (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia): He negates sleep I think so his damage reduction/regen win the day easily.

Light

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 08:46:05 PM »
Godlike

Hey weird it's boring like usual.

Heavy

Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) - I don't think Erik can kill Golbez before Golbez turns Erik into a pig. Or a frog. Or a statue. Or a small Erik. You know, whatever works.

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) -
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - Fuck, I'm probably one of the three people who can vote on this, too. I'm leaning Maya, and will come back to this.

Light

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »
Belated response to last week's speculation: Hmm, I guess there was an argument for Sephy that FF7 Frog isn't reset on death.  On the other hand, still a bit of an interp issue since I could see saying that Angel MQ is just better than FF7's Auto-Life, too.

Heavy

Dhyer's new stat topic doesn't hype up Golbez's status game that much, but it doesn't really matter when Flare is a OHKO and Erik can't OHKO first.  (No vote since no TAY.)

If boss Hrist didn't resist Holy by 70%, I'd totally be down for hyping Delthea getting the drop (VP2 enemies nicely show their attack ranges) and melting even Hrist's excellent HP with a double Aura.

Middle

Once Cerya gets 100 TP, Miakis is heal-locked.

Raynie attempting to use Switch to fish for like 4 turns in a row to kill Machias during is quite dangerous, since Machias can pulse his damage with the 20% boost and burning all his EP safely and throw in an S-Craft at the end.  Failing that, he can just interrupt in the middle of Raynie's combo to mess with it.  That said...  since Raynie is blocking Petrify & Poison anyway...  see Random, I think Raynie's awful regen game means she survives until she can Mana Break Machias to death, and probably only needs 2-3 turns lined up in a row to win with that strat.

Light

uhhhh Kain's damage is bad enough that even with using Jump, he has a real risk of knocking Gen into Battle Cry range which normally means horrible death.  Dhyer?!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:51:12 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 06:07:10 AM »
Godlike
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- Belial is going to draw 4 nasty PCs this season and clean up...

Middle
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- Maya v someone highly reliant on magic
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Axl (Mega Man X Command Mission)- Gut reaction. I'd hope he'd be able to kill under Stealth Mod
Machias Regnitz (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)- So I'm only allowing half status resistance and I suspect that her status should land first.

Light
Gen (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)- Jump has a 1 CT charge time, and Kain needs 2 Jumps and a normal attack to kill Gen. That's giving Gen a lot of time and she has enough strategies to delay his turns further. Gen always has the big question of which form is actually better and therefore she can be locked into, but Paralysis + pushing Kain's turn back or alternately, Kain giving her a chance to cast Jump Fowarrd Jig at it's full power jump doesn't seem like it would end well.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »

Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): You can't overcome distorted space.
Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): Judgement is passed.

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle): Slow (before Rabbid L can get the barrier up) and evade are both things that Rabbid Luigi does not like.
Delthea (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia) vs Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): More statues.
Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): Not sure, honestly. As Pyro notes, Bacchus going first is certainly a big help, but he also has to run into Beowulf's shield. Otherwise they have similarish status odds. I guess both are trying to win with status and Bacchus's odds are a bit higher overall?

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): Dat physical tanking.
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Axl (Mega Man X Command Mission): Axl can't really deal with healers very well... though of course she can't heal during his two turns of invincibility. Axl does like... 98% damage using Hyper Wild Jango + Hyper Attack + regular Wild Jango (he detransforms before his third turn), which is just about Carol's HP. Really comes down to luck on Axl's damage variance and how many of the Auto Bullet physicals hit, and I dunno the answer there. Carol does have marginally above average evade? That probably works as a tiebreak.

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Viktor (Suikoden): Sure.
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Kongol (Legend of Dragoon): Doubles with Levin Sword? Yeah probably.
Gen (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV): Trusting Dhyer.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 11:00:10 PM »
Godlike
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - 287% CTB Speed + Guarantee Eject =  Yuna gets launched the moment she enters the field. Can't wait until next week when she loses to Alisa.
Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Shadow Namatame (Persona 4) - No way for Namatame to get past Alisa's guaranteed damage and she doesn't care about Quad Converge at all here.

Heavy
Delthea (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia) vs Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - This is basically the same as last week for Hrist, except the Mithril Plate resists are maybe a little more meaningful here since she may have to soak up 2 hits. Then she gets a turn and turn 1 Petrify happens.

Middle
Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Miakis relies on things that are a little too chancey to do anything meaningful here. Cerya tanks better and her strategy is just more definitive.
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Axl (Mega Man X Command Mission) - I'll buy NEB's argument. Saves me from having to work out the math, which this comes down to eventually.
Machias Regnitz (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Off hand, I think Machias has this as I don't allow the turn switching for RH chars, which means Raynie's only chance here is to Mana Burst. And although Machias has to go with raw slugging himself here, he has a couple of back up ways to get it done - just a bit unconventional. I need to check a couple of things though to be more certain.

Light
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates) - Subaki's bad speed and damage don't really get exploited here I think. Which means that he probably wins due to FE counters + the ability to get first strike from high move +2 range. Goofy's ability to take an extra hit is rather meaningless. 
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 12:54:35 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)- No vote.

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)- No vote.
Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- No vote.
Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V) vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- No vote.
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- Hmmm, WR might be able to outheal here but Maya can probably juggle some sleep and Maia Custom status to make it work.

Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 07:34:15 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 01:24:29 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiiii
Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiiii vs Shadow Namatame (Persona 4)
Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine)- iii vs Elc (Arc the Lad II)
Tir McDohl (Suikoden)- iiiiiiii vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- ii vs Rabbid Luigi (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)
Erik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- i
Delthea (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia) vs Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiiii
Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- iiii

Middle

Miakis (Suikoden V)- i vs Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- iiiii
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- iiii vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5)- iii vs Axl (Mega Man X Command Mission)- ii
Machias Regnitz (Trails of Cold Steel)- iii vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)- iii 8:27 AM] BOTRPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 2.

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiii vs Viktor (Suikoden)
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)- iii
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)- iiiiii vs Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)
Gen (Child of Light)- iiiiii vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)- i

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:28:21 PM by Cmdr_King »