Register

Author Topic: RPGVO 2024 Round 4, Winners Quarter: Monk fight in Middle! Shootout in Heavy! :)  (Read 841 times)

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Citan Uzuki (XG)
Edelgard von Hresvelg (FE3H) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN)
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4)
Elyon (BoF5) vs. Tir McDohl (S1)

Heavy:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Rufus (VP2)
Geno (SMRPG) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF)
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Summoner (FF5)
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs. Asellus (SaGa)

Middle:

Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2)
Stocke (RH) vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC)
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. Amarant Coral (FF9)
MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) vs. Kesaran Pasaran (WA4)

Light:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Squire (FFT)
Hubert (FE3H) vs. Queen (S3)
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF) vs. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H)

Voting will be open until Sunday 8/25/24.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Citan Uzuki (XG) - e: or Sanlittobell could matter more than I thought here.
Edelgard von Hresvelg (FE3H) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - Gen3 (at least) Mewtwo can buff def too?  yeah that's probably too much given the speed, Edelgard would need to 3HKO with a ranged counter + Raging Storm + Brave Axe and that's clearly not happening.  Nevermind what happens if Mewtwo doubles Edie.
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4) - I mean Barbie is a case of really just too obnoxious to nom because spin gives both some level of evasion and magic immunity that no one could apparently be bothered to actually document so I am really really sorely tempted to vote Melfice out of sheer disgust but

Heavy:

Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Summoner (FF5) - Faster first turn.

Middle:

Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2) - Jude can block both relevent Euthanasia statuses but that doesn't really do anything about HP-1->poke strats and it's likely that blocking both statuses leaves him too weak to win, will hold off on this. e: elfmath is good enough for me here
Stocke (RH) vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC) - I... don't think RH has a silence analogue to block?  Need confirmation on this. e: eh sure if RH paralyze pulls double duty in that regard then I guess that's fine
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. Amarant Coral (FF9) - Kneejerk, also FF7 does have accessible death protection so Countdown's out.

Light:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Squire (FFT) - Squire doesn't double through Nosferatu which means that plus Renewal is far too potent.
Hubert (FE3H) vs. Queen (S3) - So Banshee would probably work except S3 has movement stats that the topic doesn't list and they definitely matter here.  I'm going to give Hubert the benefit of the doubt but good grief.
Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H) - Milich 3HKOs on average even using the lowest damage average (I guess the old stat topic had him with a 3HKO to average but I don't go by that one considering it seemed to take enemy defense as zero) and sports below average speed here, so Wind x2+Wind counterx2+Lightning Axe finisher works.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 12:48:42 AM by Random Consonant »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Godlike:
Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Citan Uzuki (XG) - NEB math'd this out in chat. Long story short - Sanlittobell is really bad for Citan because it lets Shania punch through Doc's haste heal game by OHKOing him. So he needs to drop her before she gets her second turn. Citan gets around 4 turns factoring in Senki's Haste before Shania gets her 2nd but can only do about 90% to her (Tirwana both has higher defense and Sanlittobell then increases that by an additional 44%). So he's close, but no cigar.
Edelgard von Hresvelg (FE3H) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - I have a hard time seeing Edie 2HKOing through Barrier and she kind of needs to. Mewtwo opens with that, Recovers and maintains a Speed advantage / doubling thereafter.
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4) - Think Melfice dodges most of Barby's tricks, although how much you respect techs being ITE in G2 certainly matters. He's also probably faster at a glance.

Heavy:
Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Rufus (VP2) - Just Clarissa doing Clarissa things. Rufus does have Dampen Magic IIRC but he needs to get a turn to actually cast it.
Geno (SMRPG) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF) - I think this pans out similar to Lyon vs. Harken from a couple of years back. Geno avoids a 3-2, boosts and chips a bit first, then uses a finisher (Max powered Flash probably). EDIT: After reading NEB's post and thinking about it, he's probably right. The kicker for me is that Geno is likely going 2nd (Harken's raw speed in ACF is +1.8 SDs or something ridiculous. There are basically close to zero enemies that match her speed relatively at that level), which means he has even less health to work with. Harken at 50% does OHKO damage with Maximum Risk, so the fact that Geno doesn't do as much damage as Lyon and starting off with less HP really sucks for him. I think that alone does it without having to answer the "Does Maximum Risk get impacted by Boost" question. Off hand, IIRC Laggy changed Sledge in SLRPG to ITD and Boost DOES catch it for what its worth.
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Summoner (FF5) - Quick draw and Curvy Hilda manages to be faster here.

Middle:
Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2) - Ana gets one turn. Basically comes down to how much you respect Euthanasia and when it comes to a respect check, I generally rule in favor against Ana since all her skills in-game are so superfluous. So yeah, Jude 3-2s, Assault Buster kills.
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. Amarant Coral (FF9) - EDIT: Oh storebought Safety Bits. I think that seals it shut. Amarant doesn't really have any noticeable burst damage (thanks FF9 Damage curve) and he really wants that here to punch through a limit.
MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) vs. Kesaran Pasaran (WA4) - XS3 wins this with Abyss Walker. With it, :) can't even damage MOMO and she just kills him with Magic. XS1 gets overwhelmed probably.

Light:
Marianne (FE3H) vs. Squire (FFT) - Not sure how Squire really deals with Nos counters unless he doubles, and I'm not sure he does.
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF) vs. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) - This is...actually not terrible! I think Zhuzhen takes this on kneejerk, but yeah, open to arguments.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 05:25:27 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Citan Uzuki (XG): Mathed this out in chat. Citan can use haste then get three attacks before Shania's second turn, one against her unbuffed human form and two against buffed Tirawa. This does about 50% + 20% + 20% = 90%, not enough. Shania's strategy is to buff with Sanlittobell on her first turn then KO with Shining Zephyr + Sun Flare on her second.
Edelgard von Hresvelg (FE3H) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN): Goes first, uses Barrier, then can survive anything Edelgard does. If you take her crits as ignoring barrier (which... yeah I probably would, I suppose?) that gives her a glimmer of a chance but still not really, a crit won't OHKO even then.
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4): His attacks are ITE, hers aren't.
Elyon (BoF5) vs. Tir McDohl (S1): Pretty close, could be argued. Tir certainly 2HKOs to me (Elyon's absolute defence is the only reason he isn't OHKOed), and as far as I'm concerned gets his second turn before Elyon does because Tir's speed actually does something on turn 2. That said, I don't think this call particularly matters, just means Elyon has to settle for two clone attacks instead of two attacks of his own, which is only a very small damage cut. Elyon does 1.47x Tir's HP with two turns of his own (so... slightly less with the clones, like 1.4x probably). Buuut that's physical, and Tir has 40% evade, so I think he likely takes this. (Magic damage isn't an option since Tir halves that.)

Heavy:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Rufus (VP2): Faster, Sacrifice.

Geno (SMRPG) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF): So Geno's strategy is to Boost, then 2HKO. I'm inclined to say Geno goes first, then Harken immediately doubles (again, ACF speed does something on turn 2, SMRPG does not) but honestly that's pretty great for Geno since it means Harken's first two attacks are at full HP facing boosted defence and the third is somewhere below half. If Geno can do the right amount of damage, I think he might barely pull this out IF Geno Boost is seen as halving the ITD damage boost of Maximum Risk. (If it doesn't, he's toast.)

Overall, laying it out like this, I think I have to vote for Harken. There's a chance she goes first, at which point her opening turn does enough damage for her to complete the 3HKO even through boost. There's an argument Maximum Risk pierces boost. And there's a chance that Geno can't do exactly the right amount of damage needed, even if the other two calls fall his way (I suspect he can, admittedly, but I'm not sure).

@Tide: The difference between Geno and Lyon here is that Geno only does like 60% with his best damage while Lyon does something closer to 85%, letting Lyon chip with something really weak while Geno has open himself up to one pretty substantial Max Risk.

Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Summoner (FF5): Faster, Grand Slam.

Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs. Asellus (SaGa): Ice Daggers is 57% freeze, but that drops to 31% against Asellus's evade + Deflect, so Nel wins with freeze on turn 3, and is faster. Asellus can just 2HKO her first though. Can Nel just spam Healing in response to that, hoping to run Asellus out of MP? It really depends if you see Healing slow enough to let Asellus double her at some point. I don't think I do. Asellus's other hope is that she will doubleturn Nel after using Mystic Change which... really depends on Nel's speed past turn 1, which Dhyer says is untested. So... do I still consider Nel fast past turn 1? ..... yeah, probably. Very much could be argued.

Middle:

Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2): Jude can block a status but it comes at a pretty serious stat hit, reducing him to a 3HKO. That said, it looks like he barely 3-2's even before Anastasia recoil is considered? Might have made a math error.

Stocke (RH) vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC): RH paralyze functions as silence as well, so there's certainly a case for a blocker there but I dunno how I feel about that.

Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. Amarant Coral (FF9): Gets a good limit.
MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) vs. Kesaran Pasaran (WA4): Kesaran doesn't quite instant double and I think MOMO just OHKOs him.

Light:

Marianne (FE3H) vs. Squire (FFT): Marianne has a 4HKO (Iron Lance Frozen Lance x3, finish with Silver Lance) and Renewal to regain 20% HP per turn. Squire does 39%, and goes first, which is a kill on turn 5, not good enough. Except... wait. Squire gets two COUNTER TACKLES which do the needed extra damage, wtf. So never mind, Marianne goes for Nosferatu, which actually lets her counter for non-zero damage. And... yeah that's surely enough, it actually does more damage than Frozen Lance due to this, by a notable amount, and gives her a little push of extra healing. The only issue is that it may well get her doubled. And... that's close, but I don't think so offhand, Squire is only barely above average.

Hubert (FE3H) vs. Queen (S3): Banshee.
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF) vs. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1): I guess Zhuzhen can heal until a double and then use the resulting initiative to 3HKO? He... only barely 3HKOs with Thunder Roar though (Labby resists his best). That leaves him MP to heal 10 times. Does he doubleturn within 10 turns? Yeah, surely. And he has the SP for this, too.
Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H): Huh yeah, Milich definitely worse in the new (and by new I mean 2016) stat topic. Depressingly so. Ah well.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Heavy:

Geno (SMRPG) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF) - Can only vote on WA1o :)

Middle:

Light:

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Godlike:

Heavy:

Middle:

Stocke (RH) vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC)- Just as a gutcheck, looking at their relative resources, Stocke's free damage being 'lol' gives Jessica the edge in the long term, even setting aside any status she might land.

Light:

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4)  Comes down to if Melfice has something in the arsenal that pierces evasion.  Surely, though I haven't the inclination to confirm.  Grandia 2 evasion being scrubby doesn't help my recollection.

Tifa Lockhart (FF7) vs. Amarant Coral (FF9)  Better offense than Leehalt but I still don't see him avoiding a Limit.  Maybe if Amarant can stall long enough to land a wind weakness with Curse, naw,  even with that damage increase.  Counter I don't see being particularly relevant given Amarant's scrubby Spirit though an ill-timed Counter hit giving Tifa a Limit would be a humiliating way to lose.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
This is a bit shady as some G2 "undodgeable" stuff can be dodged but Valvalis kinda does not deserve respect checks.

Heavy:

Middle:

I'll buy it.
I'm willing to see Stocke as blocking Silence, but there is a stat hit for that, and his resources aren't infinite.  Jessica might actually chew through them with better resources here, especially since per CK Stocke's MP-less damage is rather bad unless you give him True Historica.

Light:

Squire can't double Nosferatu-Marianne? Fail.
While I'm a fan of Mustadio-style run & gun strats, idk here.  S3 characters were pretty mobile IIRC?  Like the times you lost your turn because the enemy was too far away were pretty rare.  But sure.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Godlike:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Citan Uzuki (XG) - sure, elfmath
Edelgard von Hresvelg (FE3H) vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) - I know it's too generous, but I allow so many Aymr uses...
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4) - If Jump breaks Spin because it's one of the few attacks that has verticality to it, I feel like Melfice's giant horn should work from the opposite direction~
Elyon (BoF5) vs. Tir McDohl (S1) - elfmath sure

Heavy:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) vs. Rufus (VP2) - just doing her Clarissa thing
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs. Asellus (SaGa) - too late to matter, but I definitely feel like Mystic Asellus has this

Middle:

Light:

Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF) vs. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) - based on my weird view that SRPG characters with long enough ranged attacks should get an opening salvo advantage.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Shania (SH:FtNW) vs. Citan Uzuki (XG) - I trust the math on this one, saw it done in chat and all that.
Melfice (G2) vs. Barbariccia (FF4) - It's ITE enough.

Heavy:

Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) vs. Summoner (FF5) - As put by MagicFanatic in chat, Summoner gets sent to Denny's.
Nel Zelpher (SO3) vs. Asellus (SaGa) - Freeze doing Freeze things.

Middle:

Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2) - I'll definitely buy the 3-2 Assault Buster here.
MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) vs. Kesaran Pasaran (WA4) - going off of XS1 MOMO...:) misses the turn 1 double just barely, which means that it's only getting one clone out.  Compounding with the fact that MOMO has multitarget attached to her damage and :) has durability 2HKO'd by sub-average...yeah, I think XS1 MOMO can take this as well.  :) gets an instatriple after MOMO's first turn but the accuracy problems the clones have mean that the two out of three hits the clones need to land are just...not happening before she gets another turn.  One could argue that a double KO would happen here but the format doesn't really support that, and I tend to favor the attacker in such a scenario anyway.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Match Results:

Godlike:

Shania (SH:FtNW) |||||||| vs. Citan Uzuki (XG)
Edelgard von Hresvelg (FE3H) | vs. Mewtwo (PKMN) ||||||
Melfice (G2) ||||||| vs. Barbariccia (FF4) |
Elyon (BoF5) ||| vs. Tir McDohl (S1) ||

Heavy:

Clarissa Arwin (WA:XF) |||||| vs. Rufus (VP2)
Geno (SMRPG) vs. Lady Elmina Harken (WA:ACF) ||||
Hildegarde Valentine (SH:FtNW) |||||||| vs. Summoner (FF5)
Nel Zelpher (SO3) |||| vs. Asellus (SaGa) |

Middle:

Jude Maverick (WA4) ||||||| vs. Anastasia Romanov (SH2) |
Stocke (RH) || vs. Jessica de Alkirk (L:SSSC) |||
Tifa Lockhart (FF7) |||||||| vs. Amarant Coral (FF9)
MOMO Mizrahi (XSs) |||||| vs. Kesaran Pasaran (WA4)

Light:

Marianne (FE3H) |||||| vs. Squire (FFT) |
Hubert (FE3H) |||||| vs. Queen (S3)
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (WA:XF) | vs. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) ||||||
Millich Oppenheimer (Suikos) | vs. Annette Fantine Dominic (FE3H) |||||

Winners move onto Winner's Semifinals in Round 6.  Losers move onto Losers' Pools 2 in Round 5.