Register

Author Topic: Fire Emblem Mafia (Game Topic)  (Read 22488 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Mafia (Game Topic)
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2008, 10:08:53 PM »
For those wondering about just what I could do, I had three things I could do, and one restriction.

Namely, I had two shots of cop power, two shots of doc power, and one shot of governor.

As for what I had to balance this out?  If I ever claimed, then I would be Mod Lynched, and the day would end.  I could claim to be anything but Ephidel or the Inventor.

Not that this ever mattered, as my desire to not be attacked by Alex on Day 1, combined with the fact that I was in more of a hang back/analytical mood than a scrapping mood seemed to scream "I have a power role" to the scum, despite the fact I'm pretty sure I'd have acted the same way anyways.

As for what action I did take?  Turns out Alex is town.  Who knew?

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »
Gate: Modkilling is always the worst outcome. I don't blame you at all for looking for a replacement player, and people metagaming based off of a mod not wanting to lose players to random factors and see the game unbalanced as a result is just silly.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »
It was a good game, excellently modded and fairly won. 

Ciato was probably the lynch day 3 no matter what.  Whether we would have gotten Meeple after that without OK's claim... who knows?  No real use speculating. 

OK's role was possibly unbalanced, but the way it was used, it wound up not mattering - essentially it functioned as a cop that was less believable to the town.  The fact that he claimed this instead of straight cop was a major point in favor of believing him, though I couldn't say that in the game. 

*waves a Don't Be Scared of Alex flag, hugs to everyone*

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »
OK's role was also a double edged sword of sorts. It got used in the one way it could be a big asset to town, as he could not protect anyone who "wasn't where they were supposed to be", basically, he couldn't protect Excal since Excal would always be using some power or another.

And thanks for saying that, Alex. I was worried that there were things I should/shouldn't be doing. Nice to know it came out as a good game overall.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2008, 12:17:13 AM »
The other big thing is that he was a cop who would return a scum reading on anyone taking an action, not necessarily on scum themselves (given that his first attempt on Meep showed nothing).  So, town actually got fairly lucky that he hit one of the 2/5 targets that weren't sitting safe at home on day 1, and hit the one that would actually tell him something.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2008, 02:10:45 AM »
Actually, one thing I didn't mention in the topic is that I figured Alex was purposely being harsh on me.  I mentioned that it made me look worse, which worked as ammo against Meeple for killing Alex the night before.  I figured the role I had was more useful as a watcher than as a bodyguard - I couldn't figure anyone I wanted to specifically protect, especially after Ciato night 1.  I was suspicious of Meeple, as they showed similar play - so I investigated him.  I saw nothing night 2, but...figured he would be the ideal person to watch night 3 with suspicion.

Thought the game went well.  Good game - think we did well enough.  Good set-up, I think.  Yay for joining in, happy I did.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2008, 02:16:28 AM »
Man.

If scum hadn't hit me... I would likely have opened the day throwing stones at Alex, and very strongly pressed for his lynch. Hated your day 2 play, man. :(

I, too, was 90% certain scum were going to win right up until Meeple pulled out a vote for Ciato. Game was well-run, although having two investigative roles running around, on paper, was probably a bit much. I'm surprised scum didn't have a godfather or something to compensate. Ah well.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2008, 02:19:42 AM »
It was a only a stroke of luck that OK even realized his role was investigative, for one. And for another, yes, I DID deliberately stack the deck in Town's favor with the roles. Considerign the last few games, it felt like a good idea.

I tried to only stack it a bit though, which is where I might have failed.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2008, 02:26:24 AM »
Actually, one thing I didn't mention in the topic is that I figured Alex was purposely being harsh on me.
Absolutely right.

And in the shower right before I got up to see day 3 open and Rat dead, I was going over a case on Rat that put him about 80% scum to me.

Hooray!

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2008, 03:05:48 AM »
Woot :D
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2008, 03:14:15 AM »
I dunno, I thought Meep was the scummiest the entire game, so Town had it won as soon as OK made his claim and nailed Ciato.  'sfunny, since had Ciato not claimed yet, she could have exploited the loophole in OK's copping just fine.
Admittedly, I might be slightly biased since I wasn't playing.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2008, 05:11:02 AM »
For some reason scum tend to be very afraid to fakeclaim power roles here.  Not sure why, either - the only serious fakeclaim attempts that I recall are way back in Captain K's first game and Touhou.  Someday we're gonna get burned on this.

I also wonder how the game might have gone if I had hammered Meeple instead of Andrew.  One scum down, but I'd almost certainly be lynched the next day, as would Andrew.... could Ciato take it home?  Would depend on what she did the next day, I suppose.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »
There was super's epic behavior in the NR Invasion game!  I can imagine Ciato not wanting to put herself in a similar situation.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:11 AM »
Heh, my big wonder is if a) the scum had gone for Rat Night 1, or b) I had followed my second thoughts and just docced myself (which was an option).  One would have had Alex beyond suspicion, the other would have denied the scum their first kill.

That said...  yeah.  On day 2 I probably would have stayed on Meeple too, as he was the only one I had a solid feel for.  Sadly, any attempt at playing the guess who the scum is game ended when I was told who they were before Day 2 started.  On the one hand, it was fun watching Alex essentially peg them on Day 2.  On the other, no guessing game.

And on a final note.  The one time I really played as scum, I was planning to fake claim, except every single frikken cop in the game bore down on me, and all my info was made public by the town.  Well, except for my scummyness.  But everything else was.  So, a false claim really wouldn't have accomplished anything except a swift death.  That was...  most dissapointing.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
There was super's epic behavior in the NR Invasion game!  I can imagine Ciato not wanting to put herself in a similar situation.

The thing is, Super's Epic Behaviour in NR was only GOOD for Scum. Even if meep hadn't got himself modkilled, he DID still claim, and getting that claim would have been huge for scum.

So yeah, I'll defend Super's scum play in NR as actually not bad at all. He knew how to cause massive confusion and he did it, and it worked. That probably wouldn't have worked as well in FE, though, but a less bizzare fakeclaim might still have worked wonders.
<%Laggy> no not really.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
Yeah. If I had claimed cop instead of scum reviver like I was thinking, I very likely (Due to incredible blind luck, my flavor text was the same as Meep's. Somehow) would have at least avoided a lynch that way.  I'm good at causing chaos and picking out power roles, but I make way too many mistakes otherwise to play as scum.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...