Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 10  (Read 4514 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 10
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 04:42:21 AM »
Suikoden V- The sound of a flute in the moonlit night v Megaman X Command Mission - Standby, Zero: Boring vs. Hippopressor.
Atelier Iris - Town Where the Bells Chime v Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival: AI's music is catchy, and memorable cause you hear it SO DAMN MUCH being the song of the main town you're in...but that doesn't make it good.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced- Valley of Amber v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park: My initial thought was "scrub off" since FFTA music sucks, and P2 music not two specific songs I remember being bad...but Aoba Park was a song I had forgotten existed!  The FFTA Music sucks thing still kicks in though.
Breath of Fire 4 - Men at War v Tales of Symphonia - Raine: Ruins Mode: Not close.

Final Fantasy XII – “The Battle for Freedom” v Wild Arms 4 - Nightless City Guara Bobelo: Not a big fan of Guara Bobelo outside of game...but Battle for Freedom is really kind of meh.
Tales of Symphonia - Fatalize v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA: Fatalize is a fun song and works well in game, but...Stigmata is just better.
Xenogears – “Awakening” v Tales of the Abyss: Karma: TotA song I actually heard and is decent vs. Xenogears song I actually liked! Hatbot to the rescue <_<
Final Fantasy IX - Song of Memory v Fire Emblem 9 - Against the Black Knight: At worst, I tiebroke this based on "Its not Unstoppable Destiny from FE10" where its the same song, but the subtle changes in volume and such to different parts really effect its overall worth.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 06:01:24 AM »
This is your 23 hour warning.  Vote now, because if you don't vote you're unDLian!
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
Suikoden V- The sound of a flute in the moonlit night v Megaman X Command Mission - Standby, Zero
Atelier Iris - Town Where the Bells Chime v Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced- Valley of Amber v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park
Breath of Fire 4 - Men at War v Tales of Symphonia - Raine: Ruins Mode

Final Fantasy XII – “The Battle for Freedom” v Wild Arms 4 - Nightless City Guara Bobelo
Tales of Symphonia - Fatalize v Mana Khemia - STIGMATA
Xenogears – “Awakening” v Tales of the Abyss: Karma
Final Fantasy IX - Song of Memory v Fire Emblem 9 - Against the Black Knight
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »
flute- xi v Zero- xii
Bells- x v Carnival- xiii
Amber- vi v Aoba- xviii
Men- xvi v Raine- viii

Battle- viii v Nightless- xvii
Fatalize- iiii v STIGMATA- xviiii
Awakening- x v Karma- xii
Memory- xvi v Black Knight- viii

Unremarkable outcomes for a largely boring pool.  Exciting, I know.  Thanks for voting!

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.