Register

Author Topic: Season 43, Week 1 - PETA rallies for kitties and hedgehogs. Avalon is insulted.  (Read 10327 times)

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
I don't hold Ryu2 against shamans, and i have really high respect for Indy's durability....enough that he can survive a g. dragon. Even if Ryu2 heals with guts, doesn't that take like insane mp away from him......its been a long time since i played breath of fire 2, a lot more familiar with 3 and 4. I remember g. dragon not being enough to take out the final boss in one hit, even 2. I credit Indy's final form, maybe a lot of other people ain't doing that.
I think......I think I want to be forgiven. Mhhm. More than anything.

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
Quick question......was there anyway in breath of fire 3 when Rei went to weretiger form that he could prevent himself from attacking himself? I would get sick and tired of him killing himself so I would rarely ever transform

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile
Rei, after becoming the Weretiger, gets about 3-4 turns where he will only attack the enemy.
Turns after that increase the chances of him attacking teammates, then chances increases for him to attack himself, but normally fights don't last that long in BoF3, thanks to Ryu3.

Guts is a MP-free healing command that heals Ryu2 based off his current HP. The lower it is, the higher it heals.
At near critical HP, Ryu2 recovers to FULL.

Well, most people scale down boss HP due to the fact that you fight the bosses as a party, not as a solo PC.
Because rarely in a game that you do not need power leveling or some cheap trick to kill them solo. Except for a few overpowered instances.
Even then, most BoF bosses still have insane durability, and Ghaleon is still a bloody tank.

Also it depends on how much you respect Indy durability I guess. I respect G.Dragon's damage enough to kill before ToT activates, and Indy isn't killing Ryu2 before then.
Indy durability respect CAN get pretty........iffy between people's interpretations, but G.Dragon's horrible overkill is a fact most people have embedded into their brains.

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
Its a good match. Indy just outslugs him and outlasts him. Ryu2 would have to heallock himself with guts just to survive. The only shot Ryu2 would have is to take him out with g. dragon before ToT activates. I just don't see that happening

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Also, keep in mind that Indy's damage is kinda laughtastic for the division without ToT. 4-5HKO with Divine Wave and 3HKO with elemental Star Flare, which isn't scaring anyone in Godlike. It's part of why chipping or buffing through ToT is a surprisingly viable strategy: before his limit kicks in, Indalecio applies pressure like a Middle.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Also, keep in mind that Indy's damage is kinda laughtastic for the division without ToT. 4-5HKO with Divine Wave and 3HKO with elemental Star Flare, which isn't scaring anyone in Godlike. It's part of why chipping or buffing through ToT is a surprisingly viable strategy: before his limit kicks in, Indalecio applies pressure like a Middle.

Just wanted to note that according to both stat topics Indy has low 2HKO with two different elements before ToT.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Doesn't take much higher levels to push that to 3HKO, as was definitely the case for me. Regardless, low 2HKO is pretty bad in Godlike, too, when not backed by speed.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.