Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 7  (Read 5175 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 7
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »
Hmm. Balthier's not faster than endgame Rika (13 FFT speed is good but not -that- good, particularly in LW where the average has raised a bit to be close to 10), but Rika is a bit relatively slower earlier, so that's certainly possible.

Balthier can't OHKO Yuna with 13 speed, however. 288 damage multiplied by Yuna's pdur is still short of 400, and FFT KO point is in the 460~ area. He could do it with a Rune Blade, but no way in hell is he faster than Rika then.

Assuming he is faster than Rika, he needs to OHKO Porom, at which point Rika uses Illusion (I'm assuming the FFT crew use ID blockers) and Yuna revives Porom. Even with a CT reset Porom should get a turn first there (under both TB and CTB interps), as Rika/Yuna both act very shortly after him at worst.

Cloud can do something but it's both 66% (turn 2 to me) and after that he just doesn't get enough turns.

I'm probably missing something, but Illusion does seem to be fight, there. Balthier + Cloud can't keep both healers down thanks to turn disadvantage, and they have to. To make matters worse, every member of Team Super except Rika is 33% resistance to Finish Touch (Soft Ring, Gaia Gear, and STURDY) and Balthier won't be able to pull OHKOs after round 1 due to Deban/Protect.

EDIT: And yeah, definitely see Psy blocking Charm personally, so that strategy's out. Even if you don't, see Super's contention that letting two 2/3 statuses hit = no go.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »
Barrage is ST. Doubt that matters but there you go.

And yeah. The only TB speed buff I know of that works the same turn is Lilka's (and maybe Ceci's?)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:07:23 PM by Cryo »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 04:34:42 AM »
Also, changed my vote on Laggy. I forgot one thing- Laggy can use TimeTwister in OD. Extreme pain, that- double throw removes the danger of counter attacks from Auron at the worst.

*Prods people abstaining on my votes* I can break down any match int he floor. Besides for the first none are real threats- boss fight's good but Virgil really, really hates the level of offense I'm bringing. Palom has L3's at this point and with Boast+weakness from Fire3? Dear god.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:36:46 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 05:41:39 AM »
Team Laggy | Timelord, Jerin, FFT Ninja, Mia, Nall
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Laggy vs. Nino
Team Laggy vs. Alakazam and Chansey
Team Laggy vs. Flik and Viktor
Team Laggy vs. Alma and Nils
Team Laggy vs. Dhoulmagus and Auron - Works for me. TL is broken-ass with MT on everything he has.

Team Yakumo | Yuri2, Edgar, Claude, Aeris (Restore Materia), Mint
[Floor 4b]
*All healing and revival effects are reduced to 0 for this floor.
Team Yakumo vs. Krin and Karn
Team Yakumo vs. Marcus and Seth
Team Yakumo vs. Lemina, Mia and Rina
Team Yakumo vs. Shiba, Bazba and Dupa
Team Yakumo vs. Augst, Evil Gaia and Midboss - Lacking healing -and- going last on most of these matches? Eeeeeeeeeew. Sorry, Yak.

Team Super| Rika, Aeonless Yuna, Palom, Porom, Onix
[Floor 5b]
Team Super vs. FFT Cloud FFT Balthier
Team Super vs. Trainer Yuna and Trainer Rikku
Team Super vs. RBY Pikachu and FRLG Mewtwo
Team Super vs. VP2 Brahms and VP2 Hrist
Team Super vs. XS3 MOMO, XS3 Shion and XS3 Vergil - I see Psy equips resisting Charm and Rika going first. That's pretty much game, since super's team coasts through the rest of the floor.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
Pass to Team Super and Team Laggy.

Team Super vs. Trainer Yuna and Trainer Rikku-
Team Super vs. RBY Pikachu and FRLG Mewtwo-
Team Super vs. VP2 Brahms and VP2 Hrist-
Team Super vs. XS3 MOMO, XS3 Shion and XS3 Vergil

Does Yuri 2's stat buffs from Dark Seraphim not help Yak out much? =/

Aerith's non healing limits Yak? If you never got past Healing Wind then a brief run down on her skills is -

B1 - L2

Seal Evil - 100% Stop + Silence on foes susceptible to those statuses. If a foe is susceptible to one status but resistant to the other then the one status will hit even if that other stat misses. When I use it in game enemies seem to be stopped for four to five turns average. Not sure if the silence ever wears off ;o

B2 - L1

Breath of the Earth - Removes all negative status effects! Yeah not even useful in game.

B2 - L2

Fury Brand - Fills up the limit break bars of all allies. Insta limit break! (actually really quite nifty in game but in this case I don't think your team has any bars to fill up <_< Non FF7 DL wise I'd perhaps see it filling up Overdrive or Trance bars or at a stretch SHFTNW stock bars but no ... can't see nothing here :(

B3 - L1

Planet Protector - Grants all party members the Peerless (invincibility status) Characters are immune to EVERYTHING! Thing is she'd have to stay alive along enough to trigger in the DL. Invincibility lasts ... three to four turns average?

B3 - L2

Pulse of Life - Fully restores HP, MP and casts Life 2 on all party members! Completely nerfed on these floors.

B4 - L1

Great Gospel - Fully restores party HP + MP! Also casts Peerless on all party members. Hey the invincibility part still works but there's already Planet Protector for that if the invincibility was going to be any use at all >_>
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:24:46 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
I hope someone is the one to fill this dark post with VOOOOOOooooooooooooooo*voice crack*teeeees~

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »
... btw are SHC added effect rings legal in the dungeon or not? Yak has an option for ID there if so.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »
Uh, those ring effects, if they're similar to SH3's, I'd consider illegal. They're pretty much universal effects attached to the physical. And that doesn't solve the underlying issue that basically everyone's getting the drop on him in a floor where he can't heal.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
... btw are SHC added effect rings legal in the dungeon or not? Yak has an option for ID there if so.

It's up to you if you allow that.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »
I wouldn't say everyone's getting the drop on me.  Yuri's above average speed, if only barely, and most of the enemies are slow after the first two floors.  The problem is that the character that needs to get turns, Edgar, is rather slow himself and isn't going to last past floor three at best, by my own calculations, and that's being friendly to myself with ARPG vs. FE speed and assuming Mint's accuracy debuff works at all well.  Mia with a Wind Cane will be able to finish what Krin and Karn started on Edgar, and the three mages combined will probably get at least one more useful turn, leaving my whole team weakened going into the lizards, who are slow and not very damaging but can still probably finish the job.  My team doesn't blitz well.  Then again, I don't think I would have done any better when my only damage was healing, either. >_>

Yeah, not even I can see my team getting through this. :P

Super... eh.  I'm inclined to say he doesn't make it.  Laggy, on the other hand, has no trouble whatsoever.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
The Lizards suck, but Triangle attack doesn't- that means death for pretty much any one PC.  I know it doesn't matter but that's what Neph was going for with that fight I think.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »
With their speed, I think I can kill one before they move, assuming I get Yuri and Claude that far which is possible.  This doesn't matter, however, as even their bad damage will take out at least one of my actual damage dealers given that they've taken at least two MT spells from the room before, and then I probably can't even kill one a turn.

Taishyr

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52:02 PM »
Yakko falls, Laggy passes, Super... yeah, FFT charm gets resisted. Pass. Wow, that's close.

Felpoolian

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »

Team Laggy | Timelord, Jerin, FFT Ninja, Mia, Nall
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Laggy vs. Nino
Team Laggy vs. Alakazam and Chansey
Team Laggy vs. Flik and Viktor
Team Laggy vs. Alma and Nils
Team Laggy vs. Dhoulmagus and Auron

Team Yakumo | Yuri2, Edgar, Claude, Aeris (Restore Materia), Mint
[Floor 4b]
*All healing and revival effects are reduced to 0 for this floor.
Team Yakumo vs. Krin and Karn
Team Yakumo vs. Marcus and Seth
Team Yakumo vs. Lemina, Mia and Rina

Team Super| Rika, Aeonless Yuna, Palom, Porom, Onix
[Floor 5b]
Team Super vs. Trainer Yuna and Trainer Rikku
Team Super vs. RBY Pikachu and FRLG Mewtwo
Team Super vs. VP2 Brahms and VP2 Hrist
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:40:03 AM by Felpoolian »

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 02:22:37 AM »
Laggy pass, Yakko Fail, Super abstain, because I don't feel like resource crunching for Yuna or Palom when they keep getting picked off once a fight and revive each other. Also FFT Balthier knowing required.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 02:53:46 AM »
After some stat topicing and seeing that right now Super's team is pretty close, I think I'm going to give him a bare pass.

You'd have to both not allow Saner to trigger turn 1 and allow a 66% status to land successfully on the first attempt... I think I see both, as a matter of fact, but one of Cloud's statii (Stop as opposed to ID or the completely blocked stone) isn't necessarily an instant fight-ender, and moreso they'd be both hit by Illusion afterwards. And Cloud's second status attempt is gonna whiff under those odds. I think that tips it enough that the fight's winnable by him more often than not, and the rest of the floor is smooth cruising, at least, after I finally looked up X-2 and XS3.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008, 04:09:52 AM »
Since it seems the initiative of super's characters is relevant, might as well share the math I did on this...  if we're in the world of CTB, then Saner starts boosting initiative right away, but other characters may have already nearly filled up their gauges, so a speed boost can only go so far when it's only in effect for a third of the turn.

Taken literally, Saner gives a flat boost of nearly average speed, instantly making an average speed character constantly double another average speed character.  However...  PSIV is turn-based, and it doesn't actually allow you to do this in game.  And as for turn-based speed, there's the usual problem of what to do with infinite speed characters a la Myria - they aren't really OMG consta-triple-turners.  So...  I'm going to call Saner a flat boost of 50% avg. speed.  That's still ridiculous.

Let's say Rika is 130% avg. speed (she seems slightly higher at endgame, but tighter spread + a mild turn-based penalty + rounder number).  Checking the FF4a topic (since FF4o Porom & Palom would suck a lot more by about here), it seems that Palom is .85 speed, Porom is .80 speed.

If we say that average speed is 1 CTB tick and you get a turn at 100...  Rika gets a turn after 77 ticks.  Let's say she Saners.  Porom has already built up 61.6 CT, Palom already has 65.45 CT.  Porom now has speed 1.3 (=.8+.5), Palom speed 1.35.  It takes 26 more ticks for Palom to get a turn ((100-64.45)/1.35), and 30 more ticks for Porom.  This adds up to 103 ticks total for Palom's first turn, and 107 ticks for Porom.

This means that functionally, for the first turn after Saner, Palom acts like a 97% average speed turn character, and Porom acts like a 93% average speed character.  After that, they'll speed up to 130% and 135%, natch.

I don't know what Pokemon average speed is, so beats me when Onix would go.

As for FFT Cloud...  according to the stat topic, with the Thief Hat, he's 10 Speed, which is perfectly average for the duellers they have listed.  So...  he beats out Palom & Porom and statuses Porom out?  Myself, I say no, because I'd give Cloud a level penalty.  But if he doesn't take that penalty, Barrage defeats Yuna, and Cloud gets off some status that is as good as fatal...  yeah, that could be problematic.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 05:43:19 AM »
Eh, there's some contention with the CTB battle = auto-Saner.  I know it's against how I look at these things, given that Saner is already strong enough even without going against how it works in game.