Author Topic: DL Also Stands for Dream Log  (Read 47817 times)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: DL Also Stands for Dream Log
« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2011, 06:03:53 AM »
It was "Captain Hammer vs " something. That's all I can remember, other than it being awesome and Nathan Fillion being in it.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »
God damn it. I got my punched in the face by Grefter in a dream for making cabana boy andy jokes instead of watching movies. Andy was also there and thought said punching was hilarious.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »
God damn it. I got my punched in the face by Grefter in a dream for making cabana boy andy jokes instead of watching movies. Andy was also there and thought said punching was hilarious.

Are you sure it was a dream?
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
My fiancee and I were on the roof of a gas station throwing dry ice bombs. Until the part where we blew up a bridge I'm pretty sure it was just a memory.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »

Are you sure it was a dream?

Yes, because Andy didn't take a swing at me.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2011, 12:22:18 PM »
I dreamed Tai decided he wasn't asexual but swung different ways and after they both spent some more time wiffling, waffling and trying to dodge around the issue ending up dating Snow. Again. What's with this dream I don't know. I keep having it~ This time it was after the world had ended, continents had reshaped themselves and the world had reshaped itself with the world being the other way round. By which I mean America went where Australia is, Australia went where America was and Britain was some place down south in the middle. A band of DL survivors somehow managed to get together to try and survive in a harsh and forgiving world. First there were dinosaurs. This involved trying to be quiet so the T-rexes wouldn't find us and shutting ourselves in a derelict house and trying to board up the windows so the flying types wouldn't get us >_>

Then there was a lot of harsh and hard weather which involved trying to find enough to eat and to stay warm. We decided if we wanted to survive we were going to have to do some rigorous training and Shantotto from FFXI/Dissidia arrived to train us. She had us practicing with bows and arrows, I somehow managed to hit the furthest away target and she said that meant I was to be the leader. Other people had to convince me I was fit for this task (yeah I don't know) After that I went back in the shelter and assigned roles to my crew. I asked Tai to take notes and Gate to be the cook <_< I assigned other people to other stuffs too including battle commander but I've forgotten the rest of who did what. After we did some hunting we went exploring and found some ruins. We found a sort of sealed altar and mound thing inside. There was also a book. It turned out this whole thing was about demons and particular demons could be sealed with hope and love. What. Then I turned a page in the book and it said "Taishyr" Tai is a demon? Mixed in with this whole DL arc there was also an arc about me trying to find any survivors from my family, I met my grandpa who was trying to rescue my gran and also my cousin who was busy traveling the world trying to save his girlfriend from a mysterious condition. When I finally met up with them again his girlfriend was turning into Cloud of Darkness so I don't know what went wrong there <_<

There was more which mainly involved us all traveling around a bunch of derelict houses in old streets familiar to me from childhood and something to do with an intelligent crab which kept stealing the keys for the chains keeping my gran prisoner but the dream eventually petered out and I woke out. I'm not sure if this was all one dream, so much kept happening, it was more like I briefly woke up and then went back into it if that's possible. Either that or I have some capacity for having marathon dreaming sessions and for managing to remember the gist of what happens in really long dreams. Possibly a mixture of both. Well I've always been able to remember my dreams well to some extent *rambles on this again*
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:45:01 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2011, 03:30:32 AM »
All I got from that was Tai X Snow sex dream.

Man, I have had dreams just like that.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
There wasn't any actual sex in mine!~

(... oh wait there was that one from a while ago where it was established who was top and who was bottom but even then it involved blankets ;o)

Last night's epic involved Alexander, Bahamut, Doomsday and more trying to rescue people from the forces of evil. Dreams are cool because you can be like a one man army in them =(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:45:44 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 08, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »
Warning: This is mildly disturbing and quite geeky. As though you don't expect it by now.

A couple of nights ago, I had a really, REALLY odd dream. I was some kind of goblin demon thing chasing Miku Hatsune through an air duct, apparently being some kind of monster rapist. She threw a fireball at me, and I suddenly got the helmet of a Phyrexian Crusader, at which point, the fireball fell apart (because I had protection from red, see?) This happened again with some vines, when a Sword of Feast and Famine appeared in my hand and they just died. The goblin (which, as far as I was concerned in my dream, was me) reached forward and pulled her towards me, which is where I woke up.

Apparently my subconscious is a Magic-addicted, sex-obsessed gobin or something? o_O

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »
No. Clearly you are Hatsune Miku in that dream and your greatest fear is being raped while crossplaying.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2011, 03:21:32 PM »
...That, worryingly enough, would make a lot more sense.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 13, 2011, 04:15:59 AM »
Last night I dreamed I was being menaced by the cast of Star Trek. George Takei tried to steal my car, the bastard.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2011, 04:49:44 AM »
A dream made a callback to a dream from several weeks ago.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2011, 10:49:58 AM »
I was playing Demon's Souls and goofing off in some level that was an unholy combination between Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement with a little Boletaria thrown in for good measure.  I was on an upper level when I heard some combat swings.  So I jump down since I'm thinking that the NPC I was looking for had wandered into combat.  Somehow, the NPC was locked in a jail cell, and the Blue-Eyes Knight that's supposed to be in the cell was outside and trying to attack her.  Soon as he sees me he stops and charges at me.  He's a claymore bastard, so he's frail.... but for whatever god-forsaken reason I'm also using a claymore and two-handed so I can't block his hits for shit.  I back off a bit and open my inventory to reequip my shield... but I remember that the game doesn't pause.  So I back off and try and bait him into an attack.  Then he murders my ass in one hit.  And I was in body form so my Tendency took a hit!

Even in your dreams Demon's Souls hates you.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »
Radiant Historia - Finished.  Was good.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
So good, it was like a dream.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
Yes

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »
Okay, so I don't normally do this dream thing, but this one I remembered and it really is bothering me.

I dreamed of a story taking place in an isolated log cabin.  There is two guys there and a girl there.  They are waiting for the girls friend to turn up.  The one there is supposed to be there with the good guy (goatee and light mo going on).  Opens with them lying on a mattress.  The other guy is an annoying douche constantly babbling about how the other chick isn't here yet and that he was supposed to get the other girl and that this one is the good guy's.  All sorts of shit like that.

A cop turns up, is friendly with the other guy, but is in for a call to find the other chick reported missing, was supposed to call in with her friends when she got there, normal safe dating behaviour stuff.  Cop does a search around the place.  Gets killed, can't remember how.  not important.  Body gets found.  Chick starts to freak out. Stuff happens.  They  move the mattress that they had been on before.  Find floor boards pried up and shallow grave underneat with the other girls relatively fresh mutilated corpse.  Chick blames the other guy.  Other guy flips the fuck out at the good guy for taking his girl.  I mean his was right there to kill himself, he could have just waited.  He thought Good Guy was cool and could join up with their group of killers.  Why the fuck did he kill the cop etc.  Good guy kills other guy.  Kills chick.  Pisses off town of murderers.  Is fine, works solo and so on.  Blah blah blah.

Now it isn't that I am dreaming up a bad horror movie that is bothering me.  It is that I swear this is a movie that exists and I have no idea what it is.  I can name like 5 movies that this has elements from, but not the specific one I am dreaming about.  The "actors" are really to modern for it to be an old movie and I honestly don't watch that many new horror movies.  I guess it is probably just an amalgamation of a bunch of horror movies I know, but goddamn, it was so fucking specific with some shots and whatnot that I have to have seen this movie or at least trailers for it.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
Listening to the Nier soundtrack while sleeping causes strange effects.

So apparently in my dream I was watching an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Or at least, Buffy was in it and the plot sounds like an episode of Scooby Doo Buffy. Well, Buffy and friends were helping out some nerdy guy who was the manager of some kind of textile office. Apparently, a lot of people had gone missing from there. It turns out that the monster was some kind of shapeshifter who copied his victim's appearance for a while before eating them, I guess. They determine that the shapeshifting isn't perfect due to one of the victims having some kind of birthmark or whatever. This leads them to the obvious conclusion that the best way to fight this thing is to go and attack it wearing ONLY THEIR UNDERWEAR so that the friends can notice if one of them suddenly has missing birthmarks or something!

One of the employees then tells her boyfriend (the manager) that she's headed home. Shortly after she leaves, the gang realizes that she must be the next victim and go rushing off (in their underwear) to save her before she gets eaten! The manager guy insists on going along to save his one true love and rushes on ahead. They find him nearly collapsed moments later (it's all very dramatic thanks to the heart-pounding tracks from the Nier soundtrack). They ask him what's wrong and he tells them not to eat the yellow poundcake - it's laced with penicillin and now it feels like his brain is ON FIRE! (Yeah, apparently that's what penicillin does now.) Suddenly, they see this hand sticking out of the doorway to the house, offering them a square of yellow poundcake! It proceeds to chase them around in their underwear to the Nier soundtrack, somehow getting in front of them everytime they reach a new doorway, opening it to find the hand offering them the ominous square of penicillin-laced yellow poundcake. It was around this 'dramatic' moment that I woke up.

What a great dream ^_^ Going back to sleep now.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2011, 11:18:37 PM »
I fucking hate you.

I had dreams about how Justin Beiber was sending subliminal psychic messages about how he was saving the world from impending alien invasions with his other psychic powers which are impressively pyrotechnic.

I don't understand my brain.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2011, 11:46:38 PM »
Djinn, you must team up with someone skilled in the scripting arts to make a fanfic script of Buffy based around this.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »
It's been a while dream!DL. What a very strange return as usual in the terms of epic and grand stories or perhaps again just what the hell is happening here, can I wake up now please  :P

I was in a car with some DL peeps. We were going ... somewhere. I think we were in Scotland because there were some concerns about snow and getting snowed in out in a remote place (so the Highlands?) I was in the back seat with OK, super and poor Snow was squashed in beside us as well.  OK was really drunk for some reason. He had a bottle and everything. He was alternatively really happy high, lewd and bubbling over with tears. It turned out either his girlfriend had dumped him or she was going to dump him, that part wasn't clear. We kept on trying to take the bottle off him but he latched onto me (so I had an OK clinging around my neck and ... *cough*) I was trying to be sympathetic but he wanted his drink and he wasn't getting it nor anything else he might have been wanting. So it was all very tense and upsetting in the back. OK was really a mess and the next thing is he is sick. All over the front of me. Mass yelling from the rest of the peeps in the back manages to get those in the front to stop the car (earlier pleas had gone unheard) and we all stumbled out. OK is sick again all over the back of my hair this time (I had long hair in the dream for some reason >_>) I think I must have been in shock or a daze or something because I just wandered off into this field with OK trailing behind me and everyone else yelling after us. I wandered around and then found what I was apparently looking for. It was a stream and I stuck my head into it and otherwise attempted to clean myself up. Then I gave OK the death stare until he did the same. He was sobering down now <_< After blanks and missing pieces in the way of dreams the next thing I knew was we were all on some kind of abandoned farm or something after somebody had told us it was going to snow really heavily soon and we'd best find a place to stay incase we got stuck in the snow outside. So we decided to get snowed in at some farm or something instead yaay? We thought it was abandoned but then there were cowboys and horses. We got seperated and I ended up wandering around the farm looking for peeps. I stumbled into a makeshift jail which Snow was in and then the dream was about trying to help Snow and Tai (who was in another cell thing) escape.

I don't know whether to blame super for all his talk/tormenting OK about his girlfriend or CK/Snow/Zenny for the -fascinating- discussion they were having about bodily fluids/substances in chat! >_>

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
He was alternatively really happy high, lewd and bubbling over with tears

So you know, the first two are how OK normally acts.  It makes sense that severe drunkenness would just make him switch over to despair.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
Last night I dreamed that Star Trek V climaxed in an epic boomerang battle.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
Sounds like that'd improve the actual movie threefold.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....