Register

Author Topic: DL Also Stands for Dream Log  (Read 47820 times)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Re: DL Also Stands for Dream Log
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
Last night I had a dream that the family went to see Avatar at some dollar theater (even though it's out on video by now). The movie started out with a freight train being driven at the audience, followed by some newscaster railing against FEMA (with pictures of Hitler in the background); the protagonist was a perpetually scowling version of James Cameron, whose character model had all the anatomical detail of a Fisher-Price person; the aliens were just rural hippies who spent most of their time producing and consuming bathtub hooch; the supporting characters were all dressed up as vegetables; the villains were Ferengi.

I haven't seen the movie, but all of this sounds fairly accurate.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »
It lacks the plucky animal companion comedic relief losers.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2010, 06:55:25 AM »
So the other day I had a dream that I'm contemplating turning into a short story... but I'm not entirely sure it makes a whole lot of sense.

So I end up playing chess with a guy who explains to me "For every game you win, one of your friends will die. If you lose, you will die." And then the man proceeds to basically play to lose, intentionally playing badly and baiting me to take his pieces, silently and with a smile. Cue internal moral drama.

Unfortunately, it just sort of moved onto the next dream before it really ended. Damn REM sleep dreams.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2010, 07:43:28 AM »
So the other day I had a dream that I'm contemplating turning into a short story... but I'm not entirely sure it makes a whole lot of sense.

Perfect sense.  You were playing chess with Izaya.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2010, 07:54:36 AM »

So I end up playing chess with a guy who explains to me "For every game you win, one of your friends will die. If you lose, you will die." And then the man proceeds to basically play to lose, intentionally playing badly and baiting me to take his pieces, silently and with a smile. Cue internal moral drama.

Unfortunately, it just sort of moved onto the next dream before it really ended. Damn REM sleep dreams.

To get personal satisfaction one must step on all the little people and sacrifice your acquaintances in order to WIN AT CHESS.

This is a METAPHOR.  It is very DEEP and MYSTERIOUS.  Probably has something to do with CAPITALISM, although that is my OWN PERSONAL TAKE on your HONESTLY KIND OF SILLY DREAM.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »
Oh god, I just had a terrifying dream. It was like some kind of meta-dream. In it, I was at some kind of theme park/theatre thing, and was going to some kind of horror 'movie'. I remember a pleasant female announcer voice saying "Welcome to the interactive dream experience." In the 'movie', you could explore some kind of environment, and this one was called "Grandpa & Me 2.0".
In the dream, you took on the role of the kid and often looked down at the ground as you went around - it looked like a kid's room, with toys all over the floor, only all the lights were out, and someone -Grandpa- was sleeping on a messy bed in the corner of the room. So you explore the house, never getting a good look at everything, including yourself, but you get the inkling that something's not right. The proportions on everything is wrong, like not designed for human hands or anatomy. Something Is Off.
But even in the dream, you feel yourself growing unbelievably tired, so you wade through the mess of maybe-toys to your lower bunk bed which faces away from Grandpa's bed where he's snoring. After all, it must be time for bed. You lay down, thinking that this dream experience was pretty short, and go to sleep. No consciousness. Something feels wrong. Straining to figure out what. There's a raspy whisper. REM Sleep Paralysis has set in - your body won't move - MY body can't move. Grandpa's whisper: I'll-kill-you-I'll-Kill-You-I'll-Kill-You-ILLKILLYOUILLKILLYOUILLKILLYOU - over and over again. Can't move. Can't Wake up. Can't Scream.

...I actually heard myself shout 'no' as I woke up. I haven't had a nightmare in ages. Weird. Still kinda jittery as I write this.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:55 PM »
Quote from: Djinn
Oh god, I just had a terrifying dream.

blablablahGRANDPASNUFFMOVIEHASNOPLACEINMYWORLD

...I actually heard myself shout 'no' as I woke up. I haven't had a nightmare in ages.

And here I thought you had a dream about us in bed. You're disappointing.

EDIT: Also, one would think you've seen your grandpa naked in your dream to justify the tropetastic "No".
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:24:07 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »
Nah. I actually got along great with my Grandpa while he was alive. I have no idea where this nightmare came from, it just scared the shit out of me and the oddly meta nature of it being some kind of dream theatre just heightened the panic of the sleep paralysis.

Sorry I wrote it all melodramatically, it was more cathartic that way.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
I.e. your nightmares are boring.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »
...your face is boring.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2011, 11:49:09 PM »
Not boring enough to be in your nightmares, it seems.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #261 on: January 28, 2011, 12:36:12 AM »
My bro's girlfriend was knocked up, and I was for some reason with her. She kept buying cinnabons and leaving them out on the counter and walking away. Obviously I ate them. After eating 11 over the span of several hours, she wants to know where they all are and somehow I was the asshole.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 28, 2011, 12:53:41 AM »
But weren't you? <_<

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 28, 2011, 01:21:22 AM »
I dreamed I went back to college to finish my degree, except for some reason I actually moved back on campus with my old roommate and when I actually got there I just sat around watching movies and playing games instead of actually doing schoolwork (so pretty much like last time). Then I woke up and finished watching Terminator 2.

This wasn't one of my better dreams.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 28, 2011, 03:11:18 AM »
My bro's girlfriend was knocked up, and I was for some reason with her. She kept buying cinnabons and leaving them out on the counter and walking away. Obviously I ate them. After eating 11 over the span of several hours, she wants to know where they all are and somehow I was the asshole.

Good Morning topic is that way.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 28, 2011, 03:16:32 AM »
But weren't you? <_<

She didn't need to eat 11 cinnabons, especially after leaving them out for hours so they get cold.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
This may qualify as one of my strangest dreams ever.

I was trying to help someone with thier final character quest thing, but he didn't have the stats to complete it at all. I...can't remember just who I was trying to help, but his backup was: the Human Torch, Kenshin Uesugi, Chibodee Crocket and Hong Meiling. Anyway, the quest was that he(whoever he was) had to put together a team to attend a class where the giant demonic schoolteacher hit them with a paper fan, then somehow turn the tables on the demon teacher and take over the school. But his stats were coming just shy of being able to complete it.

So I had an idea, and opened a can of spinach, which I put into a coffee cup and added some water to help it cook(which was odd, because you normally want to drain canned spinach, not add more liquid), then stuck it in the microwave.

Then someone came in and arrested me for indecent exposure because that spinach in the microwave was naked.

The good news was, he ate the spinach, got the strength boost, and completed the quest! Then proceeded to not have enough characters left to defend on the enemy's turn(yeah, it was some kind of bizzare SRPG format) and lost the game anyway. But I couldn't help him with that since I was in jail.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
Gate wins the strange dream of the month award~

Bulletpointing this before I head out this morning - Fanfiction, admin dude, vampire, master vampire, stately city, roman/grecian clothes, Snow, boyfriend, sharks, computer, mission abort.

Basically I was reading some fanfiction and there was an online community for it. People were being perverted so I complained to an admin dude about it. He sorted it out and seemed really nice and friendly. Turns out he was a vampire, he paid me a visit in the night and used his vampire seduction powers on me. He stole me away to take me back with him to this beautiful city filled with beautiful old mansions and temples. People were wearing togas and robes. I had to wear a blue garment in this style. The vampire was very possessive of me and wouldn't let me explore places on my own. He was also being emo and mad about something else too. I found out this was because of a master vampire he had a rivalry with. I wasn't happy about this master vampire picking on my vampire dude but I wanted to do something about all this myself. Eventually I managed to wander off on my own while he was otherwise occupied and started exploring the city.  Then there was something to do with more modern buildings, Snow, some guy I didn't think he should trust because it was a trap, a swimming pool, sharks in the water and me trying to get to the computer in the office beyond the swimming pool room to shut it down and make it all go away (all the while yelling "Shark" and "It's a trap! Mission abort, mission abort") Yeah.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:00:34 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2011, 02:10:34 AM »
Got drunk on rum and passed out. I was at an RV hookup that had a western type saloon thing with a real dick running the place. He shot the bottle in my hand, wasting all my rum, so naturally I cut him with the bottle. Then some weird monsters made of salt or snow or cocaine or some other white powder started coming outta the ground so I figured what the fuck and attacked them too.

When I woke up though my half-bottle of rum was missing.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2011, 02:44:17 AM »
At least you know it's not a urine stain this time.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2011, 06:32:33 AM »
Gone, not empty. As in someone stole my rum and I fucking sleep-fought them, probably.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
Dreamt I was at a water park, riding some kind of roller coaster. It was pretty fun, except like a dumbass I let someone talk me into opening the emergency door in the back which got me in trouble. The ride itself was pretty fun, and the actual final drop was enough to wake me up briefly from the feeling of my stomach dropping to the floor. The next dream was talking about said ride at work and posting about it here. Goddamn literalist brain.

Which was followed up by a dream of a Gateadin (Yes, Gate as a Paladin, that was actually his title) leaving said park. It was movie style, complete with Gate providing commentary ala Michael Westin in Burn Notice. As he left the park, he noticed a trap, whirled around, made a comment about trusting his instincts and attacked the undead behind him trying to set up a trap. I would so watch a show of this, by the way. It was way the hell more entertaining than most of the TV I've seen of late.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:39:14 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »
Paladin, eh? I can play those, but I generally go for Cleric or Monk instead.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
So apparantly my subconcious has written an entirely new musical starring Captain Hammer, and I was treated to a performance last night. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about it. Not even the title.

Balls.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2011, 01:28:59 AM »
The title was surely 'The Hammer's My Penis".