Author Topic: DL Also Stands for Dream Log  (Read 47812 times)

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: DL Also Stands for Dream Log
« Reply #350 on: November 06, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
I had a dream I was a mook in a shounen series after the heroine had just gotten a power-up and gone berserk.  I was on the ground crying and hoping she she wouldn't find me, while I got buried in corpses.  It was funny.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 07, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
The doomsday device has been activated and humanity's last minutes are winding down. I am at a rural retreat with friends/family/neighbors (no one recognized from reality, dream-people who you just know in context who they are) and a woman at the gathering casually admits that she is responsible for imminent universal annihilation. I try talking her out of it and grapple with all the awful logic of dreams and machines working in tandem. It is as productive as arguing with General Ripper, but time is all we have left.

Sudden interruption as the police stage an abortive raid to try and capture and interrogate the responsible party. The more accessible rooms are flooded with teargas and everyone scurries to safety in the basement. Amidst all of this craziness my priority is to make sure that the cat is safe. This is the most emotionally powerful impulse I have felt in a dream.

(Not Hobocat. Other cat. Doesn't matter.)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:41 AM »
Oh man, scary zombie dream=(
Feels like I've had this set of dream sequences before too =/

OhandPS3 cado internet apparently
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2014, 04:03:04 AM »
Last night I dreamed I had a jetpack. But I also discovered that the Capitol Police take a dim view of citizens buzzing D.C. with a personal aviation apparatus.

Jetpacks are no.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2014, 06:47:08 AM »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2014, 07:14:24 AM »
In real life my mother bought a gigantic leek, set it on the kitchen counter.

The other night I dreamed I cut a small amount off of the leek to eat then felt bad about it.

The really strange part about the dream was it wasn't allegorical or anything.  No deeper meaning.  It was a dream about how I shouldn't go and eat the leek.  Told all this to my mom.  She said Freud would be disappointed.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »
Sometimes a leek is just a leek.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2014, 02:05:33 AM »
Last night was Incan soap operas.

You know, I really seem to get a week of straight crazy once in a while and then nothing in between. I wonder why that is.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »
Dreams about buses are a thing. Especially when you wake up starting to think you are really moving, then think you are hungry because the bus was going to call into Mcdonald's at the end of the journey~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2014, 09:12:06 AM »
Had another DL dream last night, been a while, Soppy was in it, other DL peeps were too, but I can't remember if Soppy has ever been one of the main focuses before. Dream was about ancient civilizations, and floods, and going under water and coming out where there was a palace still not flooded, Soppy was a prince or something, and then war, and evil people dressed in black, with malevolent intentions wiping us out because they weren't happy, well they didn't wipe us all out, they kept some of us prisoner, and I went insane. Then Narnians came and this apparently the civilization that was there before the White Witch, and Frank and Helen, and stuff, even though this makes no sense chronologically in the books~ Aslan was also there and looking lion sad, and roaring, and stuff~

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2014, 11:21:27 AM »
Sounds like you are dreaming of his Model UN thing he is running this semester.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2014, 10:23:44 AM »
Banner night for weird dreams.

So we're in a new city, the family and myself, just driving around late at night or...something. Anyway there's this art museum that I just have to go in even though it's only half an hour 'til closing time and we've got someplace to be. The hostess is this enchanting Japanese woman complete with kimono and I wind up spending way too much time getting shown around the place and eventually go to sleep there. It's difficult to convey precisely why this was weird (other than the obvious) because there are a lot of little mannerisms and I guess camera angles that present things as being slightly off in ways that are mostly pretty subtle, except for the OMINOUS MUSICAL STINGER that plays when I am offered and consume some blackberries (I don't even like non-straw berries, as a rule). Nothing apparently happens because of this.

So I wake up early the next morning and walk out to find my family slept on the steps of the opposite building instead of going to a hotel like sensible people, and they're all upset at me for leaving them out in the cold just to get some nookie. Even though nothing at all like that happened! She just showed me around her garden which was full of cool exotic cacti and stuff. She didn't even eat me or anything even though she turned out to be a voracious spider demon that had hypnotized herself into behaving like a normal person for reasons that weren't properly explained because then the dream cut straight to credits which were all about airships or something.

After that we're watching the Pee-Wee movie for some reason, except that this is a Special Edition with a different ending. It turns out there's just like no speaking in it at all and the ending is just replaced by a song by some washed-up eighties pop singer (exactly who it was escapes memory) warbling about how awful her life is over credits imagery which again was about as unconcerned with relevant subject matter as was say the Mr. Plow commercial mk. 2. All this was conveyed to me through MST3K, except the bots refused to say anything amusing at all! Instead they brought the actual star of the show in to explain what the hell we'd just watched, but it turned out he'd actually decided he was a zombie mime on this particular day and therefore couldn't say anything at all.

I dunno either.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2014, 04:29:13 AM »
Dream: I tried to get Tide to vote in tournament board stuff and he told me no repeatedly. :( No, seriously. I really dreamed that, which is unusual as my dreams are almost never coherent.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50:14 PM »
I had a dream that DJ Djinn and I were somehow long lost siblings, Djinn received this information from a mysterious person and came to visit to see if it was true, being siblings gave us access to instant cast time (ToV on the brain) and other awesome secret super powers~ Then someone told us that if we didn't want to be siblings anymore we could just unequip the skills ???

Another dream later on was the T-Rex one, which is a recurring dream I have every so often, I think a lot of people probably do, where the big bad T-Rex is trying to get you and you are trying to do everything you can to stay quiet and hide from it, face palming at anyone or anything where there is lots of noise, and very occasionally recklessly trying to take it down somehow. This time the T-Rex was looking for it's baby which I had in a building for someone reason, and my kitty was trying to play with the baby T-Rex and the big T-Rex was mad and trying to get into the building to get my kitty Angus, then myself and other people. Angus kept trying to run away and hid and I was worried he would get through a window and outside, this lead to thinking to if there was anyway something could be done about the T-Rex~

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »
Dreamt i was playing "Residnt Evil 4" which involved two competing cults, you starting playing as a tween who has already run into them before.  Your foster parents get stopped by one group of cultists while driving over a small bridge in a storm.  The are not aggressive but wear creepy masks that look like melting Drama faces and block the road long enough for your abusive (of course) foster father to get out and start an altercation.  You run and try to escape along the shore. You find the basic pistol on the shore

Then you reach a large well kept middle class home with a massive yard surrounded by a pis poor hedge maze.  Apparently then you stealth through it like the Palace in Ocarina of Time turning on and off sprinklers to direct guards around.

Sneak into the house and you will encounter a family of cultists.  The father will alway be smiling.  I dreamt you find hidden secret areas for loot.  Like walk into the nursery find a poster in the wall of a smiley face with huge circles for eyes and a Cheshire Cat grin sitting over a big X like a skull and crossbones.  You mash use to reveal a tiny cupboard that is full on bloody bones and is stained ren.  Pick up gold left lying around and a one shot really strong shotgun (grenade launcher?).  While you are in the space a guard will come in and you are setup to sneak takedown them.

The guard has the Stepfordesque rictus also.

As you will have taken the guard down the father will walk in as well.   Again enough time to takedown before another scripted event where the wife walks in.  She has it worse.  The smile is inhumanly wide and one of her eye sockets is bulged out to about three times larger than normal.  There is no eye.  Just a gaping void through which you see a checkerboard pattern and I can't recall if it was black and white or if the black cycled through colours of pink and green.

As you take down the mother the 8ish year old daughter will also walk in all scripted.  She will do it before you can possibly have finished the mother and hid the body.  She will away see you killing the effected mother.  She will always be smiling.  You will have the shotgun from the guard.  You will have just dealt with either three quick tense stealth sections or alerted the entire house with gunfire.

I think I pulled the trigger before I woke up.

Sooooo my brain invented a stealth oriented over the shoulder horror game with a Stepfordesque cult that seemed to be about some kind of otherworldly possession  who counter to a more passive Sad Face cult (on reflection they are obviously both parts of the Drama masks). And got half way though the level on third try (I failed the Zelda stealth section outside the house for reference).

That is all cool and stuff but I would rather have more sleep instead of waking up in a child killing induced stress panic.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 22, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
Last night was pretty busy. Clipshow version:

-Thomas Jefferson takes a trip to Italy so that he can buy a printing press to start a newspaper. I am pretty sure that such a trip never occurred.

-On a visit to America, a late-Meiji-era Prime Minister kicks his staff out of the car so he can drive his own damn self around for one.

-The original director's cut of Gosford Park apparently included 100% more face-melting.

-Suddenly we are in what can best be described as a cross between Goonies and The Road Warrior. What is supposed to be the serious, Shit Just Got Real moment right after the crazy black-haired kid beats three people to death is undercut somewhat by his assertion that it's okay because he also murdered their much-abused toaster, "So that it could continue making toast in a better world after death."

What is my subconscious even doing sometimes. I tend to get weeks when it's really busy in between long dry spells.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2018, 12:05:03 PM »
I wish it was possible to record dreams, because last night's can be most accurately summarized as "Laboratory of the Robo-Babes."