Author Topic: DL Also Stands for Dream Log  (Read 47835 times)

Taishyr

Re: DL Also Stands for Dream Log
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »
I dreamt that super was kicking a decapitated head up the road without realizing it. Then it ate his foot off, and he fell into a ditch.

Butt monkeying it up even in my dreams, eh, super?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
why do you people dream about each other
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
I dream about jumping across rivers of blood with candy cane houses lining said rivers, and humongous claymation worlds where killing people involves putting different colors of clay on them in a certain order.

Yes, I've had both these dreams.

The dream regarding super was probably an attempt to return to normalcy.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »
Those things sorta make me glad that I can't -ever- remember my dreams since I was 12.

Taishyr

« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »
In fairness, the claymation one would make a good video game from what I remember of the details!

Bardiche

« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »
why do you people dream about each other

I once dreamt of you~

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »
Goddamn you're creepy.

Bardiche

« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
So, I'm sure to have a new imeeji now. :D Keikaku doori.

I was just joking, Snow, don't worry. I don't even know what you look like, and I don't want to ruin my own dreams after all!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
Actually, you were always pretty creepy.

Bardiche

« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2009, 09:09:29 PM »
Sigh, I guess it was inevitable.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »
I sorta doubt you can blame mindlessly brandishing the social tact of a mentally challenged puppy with bladder problems on fate.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
No, you can blame the vijia games for that.

Bardiche

« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »
I sorta doubt you can blame mindlessly brandishing the social tact of a mentally challenged puppy with bladder problems on fate.

Never did say it was fate. Just that it was inevitable I'd come off as a creep. I don't do this thing called "joking" to any particularly fine degree, so people usually take me serious when I don't mean to be taken serious--the result is often that I'm considered weird at best and creepy at worst.

Guess my inability to communicate jokes persists over the web.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2009, 10:08:43 PM »
Never did say it was fate. Just that it was inevitable I'd come off as a creep. I don't do this thing called "joking" to any particularly fine degree, so people usually take me serious when I don't mean to be taken serious--the result is often that I'm considered weird at best and creepy at worst.

Guess my inability to communicate jokes persists over the web.

You come off as a creep because you let your desperation seep over your attempts to joke. I'll actually be frank and plain here instead of being just snarky here: even besides the joking being poor, you are unable to cover this vague, persistent... not need, but creeping desire of really, really wanting attention in any way possible, combined with a weird sense of self-consciousness. Believe me, this isn't a community that can't recognize jokes - most of us have butterfly knives for tongues. However, this also means that it's hardly that difficult to notice when someone's not entirely joking when he/she puts his foot six deep into his mouth in such a consistent basis in such an unerringly childish - and apologetic fashion.

It's not that it offends me or that I'd spray mace on your face if I ever met you in person. But you're so consistently clueless and it comes off as desperate so often that it makes me wonder if you were raised by diabetic fluff wolves or if you just haven't quite grasped the finer subtleties of language and socialization. And this is coming from someone who openly dislikes people and has the social tact of a manic armadillo.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »
Oh boy heart to hearts. Am/aren't I that way too? >_> I dunno.

I used to dislike people and have all the social tact of an armadillo too. I was a virtual recluse until above five or so years ago. So yeah I'd say I have difficulties grasping the finer subtleties of language and socialization too and don't have a butterfly knife tongue although I do try ^_^

I have no problem admitting that being a part of a group of people like this even if it is online is a whole new experience to me and I'm sometimes not sure of whether I'm crossing lines or not. It is awesme being part of the group though =-)

diabetic fluff wolves
*seizes quote, maximises lightheartedness and frantically tries to spread*

Where -do- you find -those~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
So.

One of our professors decided that they didn't want to teach anymore and decided to, logically, hand over the class to Meeple. The dream started with me taking this incredibly difficult, mindblowing exam that Meeple created. When we all complained about it, which we did, Meeple showed us definitive proof that it was totally fair by showing us that there was an article on Wikipedia about it. It was something numbering genomes or something, so unrelated to chemistry.

CK started bitching about how Meeple needed to stop drinking Dr. Pepper because it wasn't kosher and how if he drank Dr. Pepper he wasn't devout. Me and CK and Elfboy and Djinn left through an intricate series of sewers.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
... you people have the strangest dreams.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2009, 04:18:44 PM »
... and on topic my latest set of dreams involved Tal being in trouble w/th the police and the DL group trying to prove his innocence. There were police cars and handcuffs and it somehow evolved to me being leagues under the sea, struggling for air and trying to get out, an impossibility in reality but in the dream a friendly whale punted me to the surface and through the solid earth at the top. Apparently it was an underground sea and used to be an inland sea or something. The dream ended with everyone being puzzled as to where all the water would go now to it somehow returning inland seas to the deserts.

The next in the set was about this girl who I thought was a friend trying to get her pet alligator to eat me >_> It ended with me trying to climb to the top of very high buildings to get away from the alligator and trying to convince the cops that it was this girl and her alligator that were nuts and then worrying that the cops would be ate by the alligator.

Finally I had a dream about dragons and dragon eggs and those and other mythical creatures like unicorns and phoenixes returning in strength to Scotland w/th me being some kind of dragon human hybrid having to protect dragon eggs and babysit girl dragons. Yeah.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:21:46 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »
...I'm actually up pretty early because a dream I had was so weird, I had to wake up. ;p

Some friends and I decided to go the Arctic to build windmills out of walnuts (don't ask). We figured this was two birds with one stone. The windmills would provide energy, and polar bears could live in the windmills, so they wouldn't die off with the ice caps. But then, a bunch of vicious pelicans came and destroyed our windmills. So we became bird hunters, and vowed to kill every bird on Earth. Eventually, we did, and we recontruscted our windmills, but by that time, the ice caps had melted, and the polar bears had died. So... we decided to go to Bolivia, for whatever reason. And in Bolivia, we became famous wine makers, and we made one wine called The Polar Wind in honor of our lost friends.
That's about when I woke up. I'm actually a little worried about the fact that this -could- have continued.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
...I'm actually up pretty early because a dream I had was so weird, I had to wake up. ;p

Some friends and I decided to go the Arctic to build windmills out of walnuts (don't ask). We figured this was two birds with one stone. The windmills would provide energy, and polar bears could live in the windmills, so they wouldn't die off with the ice caps. But then, a bunch of vicious pelicans came and destroyed our windmills. So we became bird hunters, and vowed to kill every bird on Earth. Eventually, we did, and we recontruscted our windmills, but by that time, the ice caps had melted, and the polar bears had died. So... we decided to go to Bolivia, for whatever reason. And in Bolivia, we became famous wine makers, and we made one wine called The Polar Wind in honor of our lost friends.
That's about when I woke up. I'm actually a little worried about the fact that this -could- have continued.

I hope the other people in the room don't think I'm too crazy because of how much I laughed.

As with those above, I also have poor social skills. I don't need 'is crazy' tacked onto that (at least as first impressions go).
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
Had an interesting dream for the first time in a long while. Oddly enough, I was barely part of it.

I dreamt that I was reading a newspaper article, and becoming increasingly more and more shocked by the horrifying stories I read about 'our times'. The entirety of the dream was me relating the story to one of my co-workers in Japanese.

The story itself is the vivid part, even though none of the people have clear faces since the article didn't have any pictures (thankfully).

Apparently some guy in America had borrowed money from a loan shark in one of those bigger mid-western cities. The deal was that he repay the money on time or the loan shark would find him, cut off his arm, and eat it. Well, the guy couldn't pay back the money, so he did the only sensible thing: run the fuck away like a coward. He moved two cities over and started over from scratch at a fast food restaurant or something, where he meets a girl and they begin dating seriously. He moves in with her family despite her father not particularly liking him.

A few months (maybe a year?) later, and the loan shark tracks him down, but instead manages to kidnap his fiancee. The loan shark snatches her, cuts off her arm, and sends it to her home with a ransom note saying that if he wants to see his fiancee alive again, he'll come to the fast-food restaurant where she's being held to pay the money and eat her arm.

The guy gets scared again because he doesn't have the money and tries to run again, but the girl's father is pissed at this. The father overpowers the guy and ties him up before gathering all the money he has and then goes to meet the loan shark at the fast-food place. The loan shark is miffed that the guy himself hasn't come, but since the father has brought the money, the loan shark agrees to let the father fulfill the bargain - so the father is forced to pay the money, and eat his own daughter's arm in front of her. They deep-fry the arm using the fast-food restaurant's equipment, just for my added horror.

The girl is released and she goes home with her father. When they get home, the father is so pissed that he intends to kill the guy himself. But the girl still loves him and pleads with her father not to, so he merely takes the guy to the fast-food restaurant (I believe he owns it?) after hours, where he cuts off the guy's arm and eats it in front of him, saying that he now forgives him.

Some time (and obviously hospital visits citing 'fast-food restaurant equipment accidents') passes, and the guy and the girl are married and no longer living with her parents. To his bad luck, he runs into one of the loan shark's lackeys one day, they recognize him and take him back to the loan shark, who finally fulfills his promise to cut off his arm and eat it, leaving the man with no arms.

Apparently, this was enough, so he finally goes to the police with his story, and a few months later, is found dead in a fast-food restaurant deep-fryer. And the newspaper is reporting on it.

And... Oh God, please tell me nothing like this has ever happened and I really just dreamed it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:35:10 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
I'd be utterly unshocked if something that's about as horrifying has happened before. This very tangentially reminds me of the case of the journalist who got kidnapped and murdered by a drug dealer in the middle of an investigative story about the workings of the drug-dealing business in Rio. The dealer used a katana to cut his limbs before killing him by slashing his torso off, if I'm not horribly mistaken. I'm pretty sure the torso severing happened, at least.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
What the fuck Djinn, close to reality indeed sorry =(

Too many dreams.

#The DLrs were all living together or something but it was in a huge theatre like place with seats and everything. Neph was hosting and he decided the theme of course was Nyarly dungeon matches. For some reason everyone except Ultradude was being mean and mocking my team because it had Eiko in it and flaws that I hadn't thought of. So I stalked off in a huff and Ultradude was the only person hanging around with me. Bard was still talking to me though I think. However peeps especially super weren't pleased about me being apart from the group especially since we were all sleeping in huge, dark place and Ultradude and Bard weren't enough for my protection or something. So super and peeps came and dragged us all back to the group (I think Bard had decided to randomly hang w/th us I dunno) and were like ok fine use your team and just prove our points. However I somehow won through Reflect shenanigins, everyone had forgotten Eiko could use Reflect so it involved bouncing spells onto Reflect, off Reflect or something and my team blew the dungeon team up w/th Reflect boosted nukes. Neph however was not pleased. Apparently I was a cheap and a sneak. Neph went Berserk, seriously increasing the difficulty of the dungeon and slashing the % of all buffs to 10/20% no matter what for team character ever. So Power Dance was reduced to 20% or something ;_; Then of course everyone was mad at me for making the dungeon harder for everyone else >_> Other matches involved Peppita's AGL being hyped and her running around the arena trying to avoid hits from guns and projectiles. Bizarre.

*Stuff I forgot

*I've had America and the idea of camping on my mind recently (note to super don't freak out, not serious) so obviously not surprising that bears show up. I was dreaming of exploring the great outdoors, only it had fields and stuff so probably not really America. Hell if I know if bears are even that common in the States anyway >_> Regardless we were informed that the bears were harmless and not to worry. Haha not true, we didn't see any bears at first but eventually one appeared, at first peeps were like oh look a bear but the more wiser peeps were like oh fuck no that's one shady looking bear. Truth. Berserk!Bear rushed towards the fence and we all ran like hell. Berserk!Bear jumped over the fence and chased us. Yeah I have no idea how we were all managing to outrun a bear. It was gaining though so we were desperately trying to flag down buses (it was one of those strangely lucid dreams where the dream provided transport because I was wondering where the hell everyone's cars were) So suddenly we were in the middle of a busy street. Yeah I don't know. A couple of buses drove right by for oh crap moments but we managed to catch one on time. Later though the bear hadn't gave up but it was tired and hungry so decided to settle for some honey and stuff we threw it >_> This provoked a conversation on how it was a brown bear and how they weren't as vicious as blacks and the black probably wouldn't have gave up. Again probably noncense.

Dream further devolved into bizarro w/th leopards, swans, other birdies, giant turtles, other cats and just a lot of animals in general. Apparently leopards were sentient and there were two factions, one with a jerk ass leader who killed rogue leopards and male humans he couldn't be bothered w/th, biting the females and forcing him into his harem. The other faction was the nice leopard lads and lassies. I was bit but managed to escape. I was now a werecreature though apparently -and- the jerk ass leader wanted me back. Cue the feeling that I could change into other creatures and trying. One of the nice lassies was encouraging me and saying that I was the in teh prophecy and had teh powers. I was trying to turn into a bird and apparently the swan fitted me the best so I eventually managed to fly away yay. I found the ancient ruin mentioned in the prophecy, frantically tried to decode the clues ancients had left and eventually found sanctuary in an ancient massive forte which despite being old was highly technically advanced for some reason and it was so big that the giant turtle who had randomly appeared in the dream earlier but couldn't land because it was too big for an earlier area could eventually arrive, dispense wisdom, valuable information I needed to know and generally contribute to the campaign at the ancient ruins. Turns out all the good creatures and folks were to gather at this ruin that wasn't really a ruin. I was kind of sad at waking up and this dream ending too. Oh and the leopards were snow leopards ^_^

http://applescoop.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/snow-leopard-portrait.jpg

There was also some stuff with a leopard lieutenant in human form and tracking machinces. Yeah waay too much dreaming, probably a good thing I did wake up >_>
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:14:35 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »
And you people mock me for disliking sleep. <_<

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2009, 12:45:32 PM »
I dream about jumping across rivers of blood with candy cane houses lining said rivers, and humongous claymation worlds where killing people involves putting different colors of clay on them in a certain order.

That really, really reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi5F5MqqTQ