Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Round 2 Pools 13 and 14  (Read 4065 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Round 2 Pools 13 and 14
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles - Hostiles is very much background music.  Laughter I at least notice. 
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - Auto-vote Ys!
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II - Middle section is great, though the rest drags it a little bit.  Still...mmm...pretty vocal.  Damn.  Well, have to go with pretty vocal.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - Excellent PCB song! 

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night - Odd.  I thought I'd vote Darkness Nova, but...as good as it is, Clowns is pretty damn unique here.  I think that's the one pushing it for me.  Granted, DN beats PtU...bleh.  Might chang this.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight - YOUR RYE IS ON FIRE, BITCHES!!!
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] - Damn.  SN is good music, but...have to go with the lovely EB vocals.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Bah.  Why am I voting for something S3-related?  The world is falling apart.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:30:18 PM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles: Yep. Laughter hype just isn't something I can get behind, it seems. Hostiles sets its mood just as well and is a far more listenable piece of music.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld: More solid throughout.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II: Decent fight, but I still love the middle of LT2 too much.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome: Non-top tier Touhou music isn't defeating something as pretty as Dream.

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night: Godlike tier here. Mm... going with the one that's just a bit more different today.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight: ...
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows]: Cradle's neat. I didn't really recall it from last time, it seems to have earned my favour more this. ... then the somewhat generic vocals kick in and I remember why I don't find it that great. Oh well. Still decent, and enough to win here.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: The best vocal in this contest? Possibly. Regardless, not a bad fight, but definitely feeling it for Love more.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:57:49 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles - Hostiles is sleep inducing.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - I guess bad techno beats XG music.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II - I guess.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - PCB music needs to lay off the high-pitched string synths, they blow without having a good background to even it out.

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night - Not close. Clowns is catchy, but not necessarily good. Darkness Nova is both.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight - Bad rap also beats XG music!
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] - The vocals both suck equally, SN wins on the non-vocals sections.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Equally good.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 11:25:52 PM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles: More memorable. Hostiles is nice, though.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld: Works better as a standalone piece.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II: Pretty. I'll be happy either way, though.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome: Both are good. Yuyuko music's just more my style today.

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night: Shimomura crush puny clowns.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight: Why did Burn My Bread not crash in the first round? Ugh.
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows]: Close match between two ending vocal themes...SN track just has better sound quality and arrangement, though.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: Exceeding Love beats pretty much all Sato music, in my opinion.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:30:52 PM »
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows]
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:27 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - I do like the Xenogears soundtrack, but this track never impressed me too much.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - I could probably think of 3 or 4 PCB tracks that would beat Someday the Dream Will End, but this is not one of them

Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight - But why are they burning bread?  Why?  I don't understand why they are burning bread!
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows]
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Match full of meh.  Every pool has one, apparently.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:28:05 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles - Eh.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - Niiice match, both similar, not much to say.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II - Just like the style better.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - Bad synth or not, the composition is great.

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night - Darkness Nova doesn't do too much for me, Clowns meanwhile is fantastically successful and the first/only FF9 song I actually like.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight - Okay, it's up against non-fail now.  Bye!
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] - Just better.  Having a hard time commenting on this pool.  Lots of good matches.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Not close.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 01:18:05 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles: Apathy is lethal.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome

Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 02:28:09 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles: I like the faster-paced Front Mission Online version more, but this one's alright on a relisten. Laughter is vaguely annoying.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld: Eaasy.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II: Crush.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome: Smash.

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night: SUBMIT!!!
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight: Bread.
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows]: Destruction.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: Despair! Wait, that doesn't work, TEoTPF owns. Point is, very easy pool to call.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 03:31:24 AM »

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 07:24:24 AM »
The fucking hell is wrong with you people, letting this into the second round.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 06:21:17 PM »
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II- Good fight, had to relisten to both twice to decide this one.

Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling- Thinking.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:35:36 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:36 PM »
Hostiles
Sealed Time- Like both, choose the one that works better in stand alone
Gentle Hands -English- Again, liked both, again choose the one that sounds better in stand alone
Someday the Dream Will End
The Darkness Nova- Again, I like both.....
Flight
Cradle of the Ivory Moon
Exceeding Love

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 04:32:11 AM »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles - Laughter is extremely woeful and if I have to listen to it again next round I will be saddened. Hostiles meanwhile is just mehish.
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - Light doesn't really appeal to me. Sealed on the other hand is mildly win.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II - Godawful vocals versus godawful in general. That's just dandy.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - Nice hoppy track from the plant life here. Someday is okay too.

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night - MMXalike versus a lame vibe.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight - I'm not sure which is more depressing out of Bread itself or the fact that it got to the second round.
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] - Cradle and Flight were just what I needed to recover from the mind-numbing awfulness of Bread. Blue just has the wrong vibe for the situation at hand, although I think Cradle would've beaten it otherwise anyway.
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Hm, think this one'll do for this one.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 03:42:48 AM »

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 04:08:06 AM »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 04:18:39 AM »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 04:20:49 AM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 04:09:59 AM »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 02:12:42 AM »
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - Really close.  I like both; no vote.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II - Gentle hands is okay, but it isn't good enough.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - Slaughter.

Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight Awesome vs. bad.
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] - I guess.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 04:29:05 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Front Mission 4- Hostiles - lol?
Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time v Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld - Meh.
.hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English- v Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II - Yes.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome - Ghostgirl hype is go~

Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Final Fantasy IX - Clowns on a Dark Night - Sure.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Xenogears: Flight - Not close at all.
Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] - Fanboyism~
Suikoden III: Exceeding Love v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling - Not Exceeding Love.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:12:23 AM »
Laughter- viii v Hostiles- x
Sealed- xviii v Netherworld
Gentle Hands- xiii v Lady Tears- vi
Dream- xii v Bloom- viii

Darkness- xiii v Clowns- vii
Bread- viii v Flight- xiii
Cradle- xii v Eternal Blue- viii
Exceeding Love- xii v Passionate- vii

Moving on. Thanks for voting.