Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Round 3 Pools 5-8  (Read 4807 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Round 3 Pools 5-8
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 03:48:25 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion- Love Compulsion.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...- Scrub match of the pool.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:49:04 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun: FALCOM PAUNCH!
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme

Every match in this pool was very easy to call. But I like saying FALCOM PAUNCH.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:59:42 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun: This track is way better than it has a right to be.
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion: Really looking forward to this round 4 match.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle: Necron's pretty rockin'. Main Theme is just kinda dull.
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...: Zed is just catchy as hell.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle: I... I... ;_; Goddamn. It is so wrong that the first RSMS boss theme I am voting against is my favourite one.
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-: Sphilia is the best AT theme in the contest, but the KH track is decidely good.
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times: Mmmph. This contrasted with two matches ago makes me very sad. Very sad indeed.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme: Song of Mana is yay.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 05:23:40 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 05:29:03 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun - God damn, every time I listen to GENESIS, it gets better. We may just be looking at the future champion right here....
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - I still think Reminiscence is kind of blah. Zed's theme, on the other hand, has personality! And style! And grace! And whatever else Zed had!

Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version - So. Tired. Of. Hikari.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »

And... everything here is also clear to me. 

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun: Sorry, Laguna. You're awesome, but you're not that awesome.
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion: Man, Compulsion is one of the most boring DDS battle tracks and I hate voting for it, but the Brig music is just meh.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle: Champ material versus something that's just pretty good.
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...: S2 tracks not named Gothic Neclord are pretty unmemorable.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle: Ouch. This is a tough one.
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-: Eh.
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times: Both are awesome, but I'm a sap and I can't get tired of CT's ending theme.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme: The only reason Staff Roll made it this far is because it faced crap. Song of Mana is not crap.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun - Ys hype! 
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion - How Esgares got here is...baffling.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle - Mmm...yeah, not close much.
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Bleh, Reminiscence is another one I don't think I voted for!  How the hell did it get here?

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle - If this were Death or Saruin, they'd get the vote in a heartbeat.
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version- - Once again, good vocals beat the best Ar Tonelico has to offer >_>
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times - This time, I'll let nostalgia win out.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Vocal!  Though, if this were Tokyo Conception, I might vote for that instead.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version- - Once again, good vocals beat the best Ar Tonelico has to offer >_>

"Instrumental" kind of means "no vocals".  <.<

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:19 PM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun - Blargh.
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion - Compulsion is bad.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle - That first minute just kills Final Battle dead. Pity that pile of shit section had to be included in the song, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - How the fuck did Reminiscence win again? Go fucking die already.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle - Not. Fucking. NES. Music.
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version- - Not as generic sounding.
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times - See above.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Farewell, Staff Roll, you did as best as you were able.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 04:07:57 AM »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:54 AM »

Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING
v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:01 AM »
GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING
Estrogares Empire map theme
Final Battle
Reminiscence
A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/.
To Far Away Times
Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 05:02:05 AM »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 07:23:20 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun- Decent vs. meh. This should be There's  Oonly One Family.
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion - Meh vs. decent.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle- Good vs. meh!
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... Godlike.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle Godlike v. 2.0. I am pretty baffled by the fact that this is even at all slightly close.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Yay!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 05:21:27 AM »

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 06:51:24 AM »
Laguna's good, but not good enough

See Ciato

See Ciato

Once more, Ciato's summed up my thoughts perfectly

Again, Ciato has said it far better than I ever could.

I'm really not enjoying the Soul Nomad stuff that much.  Then again, the better stuff that got nommed was taken out fast.

Not sure there's anything in this pool short of Genesis that can face down Song of Mana.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 09:35:08 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun- Genesis Beyond the Beginning has some awesome...about halfway through the song.
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion- Good mixed in with bad vs bad

Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times- Not sung by a woman whose vocal chords are melting.
...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 12:58:46 AM »

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 02:47:36 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun - Both awesome, toss a nod to the underdog.
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion - Insert DDS antihype here.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle - Wily I is beatable, you just have to be what I'd call a "perfect" song with no flaws, but longer and with better sound quality to win the tiebreak.  Four Kings is pretty cool, but I don't entirely like one of the segments in the middle, so no dice.
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times - DIE CRYING.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun- Mmmm.  Laguna's wins on consistency, but... not by enough to overcome GENESIS' killer opening.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle- Like a Godlike greeting the new upgrade.
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops...- Um... wow.  Reminiscence is just hitting me right now.  So... yeah.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle- Basically the sound quality thing.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Final Fantasy VIII - The Man with the Machine Gun - Awesome versus fair
Brigandine: Grand Edition- Estrogares Empire map theme v Digital Devil Saga - Hunting ~ Compulsion - I have some strange desire to vote for Hunting. Nothing at all to do with Estro's lameness.
Parasite Eve - Main Theme (Orchestral Version) v Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle - Hooray, a legitimate reason to vote against Ms. Overly Long.
Suikoden II: Reminiscence v Wild ARMs 1 - Oops... - Don't really care that much for S2 Remi, but Zed's theme is too short to allow to get much further.

Megaman 2- Wily Stage 1 and 2 v Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song-  A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle - Your time to shine is over, Wily. Guardian Kings still wishes it was Hyper Battle 2 though.
Ar Tonelico 2 - EXEC_SPHILIA/. v Kingdom Hearts - Hikari -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version- - Still spheeling EXEC. Meanwhile Hikari isn't exactly lighting up my life.
Soul Nomad - Crying for the Dark Sky v Chrono Trigger ~ To Far Away Times - Dark Sky has me in tears of pain. Even Chrono Trigger can beat that. Even with the existance of the final minute.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne – “Staff Roll” - v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - HOLY FOREGONE CONCLUSION BATMAN

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 06:12:46 AM »
GENESIS- xviii v Laguna- iii
Brig- v v Compulsion- xv
Main- xii v Final- viii
Reminiscence- viiii v Oops- xii

Wily- viiii v Four Kings- xi
Sphilia- xiiii v KH- vi
Crying- vi v Far Away- xv
Staff- ii v Song- xviii

And that's all she wrote.  For now.  See you in the next round!