Author Topic: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!  (Read 37271 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!
« on: December 18, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »

Basically, just making a placeholder topic and all.  If you want to see past chapters, well, you'll have to go the old forum.

...or just go here:
http://www.rpgdl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10447

Recap of things if you didn't see what happened!

First off, the entire world floats in the sky.  IOWs, SUCK IT! Skies of Arcadia or something.

Kahna is a country with Bahamut...and apparently its own Dragon Squad.  This Dragon Squad is led by a captain named Hatbot (Real Name: Byuu.) Kahna falls in the prologue to Emperor Sauzer of Granbelos, and he basically takes over the world, as well as kidnaps Princess Alicia (Real Name: Yoyo) and goes off to do something with her.

3 years later, Hatbot apparently left with his 3 buddies (his brother Rush, some random knight named Truce, and this fat freak with low Self Esteem named Bikkebakke) has just returned from this voyage with the Dragons he found to the island where the resistance is.  Among the resistance is an Ugly Old Man who is obviously a pervert and seems to have a...thing...for Hatbot, a likely scottish accented foreigner from some place called Mahal named Taicho (who using the logic of his name, is now Squad Captain, whatever THAT means) and some dumb fuck who is fat and wears rusty armor named Matelite...who is also the self proclaimed Leader of the resistance.

After their first successful mission of taking back the flagship, from some guy who was general for winning a Javelin Throwing Contest, Sendak asks Hatbot to name the ship, and he names it the Beat (Real Name: Fahrenheit.)  Their next goal? Get Princess Alicia back!  During this time, we learn that Matelite basically forced all his roles of leader on Hatbot, and basically is leader in name only...though this is probably a blessing in disguise as Matelite isn't what we call the brightest of people.

Oh, also, there's the Dragon Keeper who is quite possibly the coolest person in this game, or so Hatbot claims.

Along the way, they beat up General Groyer, who apparently likes to chop up Daikon, and after losing to Hatbot, is now unemployed.  Then, after torturing a generic grunt through use that likely involved Matelite's backwind, they face the first REAL General of Granbelos, General Zomberd.  He runs away and...well, that's where we left off; on Campbell, battling hordes of...something, watching Matelite screw up constantly, among other fun things.

Oh, the names of the Dragons we have thus far are Fireman the Fire Dragon (Real Name: Salamando), Iceman the Ice Dragon (Real Name: Ice Drake), Cutman the Recovery Dragon (Real Name: Molten), Elecman the Thunder Dragon (Real Name: Thunderhawk), and Bombman the Two Headed Dragon (Real Name: Twin Head.)

Anyway, if you're too lazy to read the first post of the old topic...
The game is an SRPG, never released in the US, has a Fantranslation and is for the SNES.  That sums up the first part.

Second part...I like the game, want people to play it, people WON'T play it, instead of whipping them into playing it, I whip them into this style of torture.

Lastly, how I am playing the game:
First off, no Massive Dragon cheese.  I am twinkling them to some degree, but not going on long Side Quest binges to get, say, Phoenix form on Fireman in Chapter 6 (earliest.)  Furthermore, as far as Teams go, just request teams on the spot, and I will use them for a chapter or something; I've played this game many many times, I want to spice things up a bit <_<
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:39:44 AM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:38:51 AM »
And now, to continue the story, we move onto...

I have a slight feeling we'll be meeting Sauzer again in this chapter...wonder why that is?

What? You expected him to take her to a nice walk in the park?

Well, we *ARE* in enemy territory, so I expect there will be SOME resistance...

...oh, well then, THAT'S new.  Good to know Humans, Dragons and Stupid Morons In Gold Armor aren't the only things inhabiting this world.

Wait...Where...you...what...but...zuh?

I'd rather you apologize about sneaking up on us and coming out from nowhere.  We pay you for random goodies in battle, *NOT* to be a Ninja, damn it!

Ah, well, that explains some stuff, I guess.  Good to know at least one of our higher ups can be useful!

Sad to say, this doesn't apply to all of them...

Look, I'm sure whatever you're about to say, that's not the case.  Just to shut you up, I am going to break the 4th wall and remind you she's an RPG Magical Girl Female Lead stereotype that isn't Aeris, thus she is not allowed to die until, at very least, the final boss is dead.

(NOTE: No, I didn't really spoil anything; that line was made as a general point, not indicating anything specific in this game...besides stating the obvious <_<.  What happens to Alicia at the end...well, just wait and see! Bwahahaha, I love needless suspense <.<)

Yes, yes, we know; we have to go rescue the broad.  Can you shut up so we can actually think about this rationally now?

I'll take that as a "no."

Again, I stand by my comment of how we should probably think this out before charging into a bunch of monsters blindly...

...am I alone on this?

So do I, if only cause its at least one less thing Matelite has to complain about.

Talking to Sendak yields nothing interesting, so lets skip that screen cap!

Thanks for noticing.

Anyway, why I bother looking at your supplies, I don't know; its always the same stuff that we started the game with and...

...wait, you have *NEW* Stuff?  Huh, maybe I should talk to you more often then!

Game play note: If its not obvious, the shops in this game are all from the same characters, and they upgrade as you go through the game.

Anyway, he also has new Armors and new Items, but I didn't feel like showing you them.  As a fun side note, the Light Armor he sells, Ice Jacket, is already inferior to what Lukia and the 2 Lancers already have (Flame Vest); just a quirk of BL's Elemental Drop system kicking in <_<

Believe it or not, this comment has some relevance later in the game.

And suddenly, Hatbot gets a prompt! He can either Call the Dragons, Attack! (aka continue the plot) or choose to DO NOTHING WHATSOEVER (I think the option is "Rest a bit more!")

Since "Call the Dragons" never continues the plot, or really changes dialog, we do that first (this is always the case; choosing "Call Dragons" literally just calls Dragons, and then removes that option from the prompt.)

Then we talk to him again and tell him we're waiting, cause well, Hatbot is just an ass!  The response we get?

Attempt at being a jerk: Denied ;_;

Anyway, lets feed those Dragons, shall we? 

Hey look! Elecman looks like something resembling a Dragon again!

Though, why do I get the sense that we will suddenly be getting messages of "I...am...HAPPY!" before attacks, and that only through prayer will we be able to subdue him?

Anyway, Hatbot finally decides to move on!  Bikkebakke then responds "Alright, lets go!" in a shot not worth screen capping, cause frankly, who wants to see Bikkebakke try to act like he's actually worth something?

Dude, look, if you laid off the donuts before each fight, you wouldn't be in such bad shape. How many times do I need to remind you again?

Dude, it was you and Matelite vs. some double digit value of enemies. No wonder they seem so strong!

And on that note of idiocy by the wonder duo in Gold Armor, we shall take a break!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:16:08 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:29:32 AM »
Considering Taichio's lines in this update I think Matelite syndrome is spreading. Also, why is Sauzer just chillaxing in that forest instead of, I dunno, doing Emperor stuff?
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:52:07 AM »
The rest of the update will answer that question I assure you!

Why am I not updating it now?  Partially time reasons, and such.  Hate having limited time at nights due to early shifts in the morning ;_;

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:15:30 AM »

My teams going into the fight!  Ignore the message about Background being enabled and such; that was me accidentally disabling it then enabling it, and being trigger happy with screen capping, not waiting for the message to disappear <_<;

Also swapped my Dragons around a bit, mostly so Bombman was with Mages and such.

If you say so!

Was hoping to make this another "Matelite shows us more BL Gameplay quirks by screwing them up!" thing, but...well, his team lacked a Poison attack.

Basically, that pool above is a Poison Swamp.  Moving on it decreases your move dramatically, and it hurts the unit standing on it at the beginning of each turn (even Dragons are hurt.) I wanna say there's a good chance that each PC will get poisoned as well (this part doesn't hurt Dragons, since they're immune to Status).  Using a healing ability (like White Drug in the shot) turns the area into that Light Blue; this makes it a normal Swamp, where same movement penalty exists, but no hazard damage.

This is also one of the more lame terrain altering abilities in BL cause its so rare <_<

Take a guess what kind of monster this is!

Bet you didn't see that coming <_<

That skull symbol is what I mentioned before, as a side note; it means they're Undead.  So Parasitic Healing moves (like Drug Hit) would backfire, Healing hurts them, they are healed by Instant Death, can be IDed by Return Life...you know the drill.

Also, as a fun fact, Recovery is its own element when it comes to killing things!  Sad part? It only kicks in against Undead.  Yeah, despite being based off the Dragon's Recovery stat, moves like Drug Hit and Energy Drain are actually Non Elemental (Non Elemental being Fail when it comes to drops.)

Dunno about you, but that is one freaky looking flower!
Also kind of resembles a duck if you look at it the right way <_<

And this is what is effectively the boss!  Mind, we have to kill all enemies, so all being the boss means is that he's the strongest guy on the map or something.
And being a generic monster, he lacks a Deathquote, hence why I can't be bothered to show you him in battle <_<

Not only is it time for MORE Drugs, but a new kind of one as well!
(High Drugs heal 1000 HP, compared to a Drug which heals only 100.  yeah, basically, its the Hi Potion equivalent of BL)

Well, the battle is over...but the chapter is not!  So lets move on with the plot!

Yes, we're looking for her, please stop saying her name.

Well, good to confirm that you aren't completely useless, as your theory WAS correct, I guess?

Wait, who is suppose to be Sauzer? Cause really, all I see is you, me, a dirty old man, the idiotic predecessor of Adelbert Steiner, a random Light Armor chick who thinks she's actually plot relevant and my 3 bi-...er...best friends!

WHERE? Seriously, can someone tell me where you guys are seeing all this?

Oh, a camera change that actually shows us what we're seeing. Much better!

You know, she does have a point...

You're planning on bum rushing the enemies head on again without any hint of a strategy again, aren't you? 

Given the odds, I personally think its best we fall back for now, think about the situation RATIONALLY, and come up with a plan that might actually help us win!

...how'd I know you wouldn't comprehend what I was saying?
In any event, yes, its YOUR duty to rescue Alicia; my duty is to tell our reptilian friends not to eat the Mini Devils...and deal with anything important in this army cause you'd just screw it up anyway.

But you're the one rushing us...

If its about me, PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

*phew*

...I thought you had nothing to say?
And frankly, to answer your question? ITS CAUSE HE'S EVIL AND THE VILLAIN.  Kidnapping Princesses is what they do.  Haven't you played Mario?

I'm sure if we ask him nicely, he'll give us a nice villainous monologue that explains his evil plans in full detail.  That, or all James Bond movies have taught me wrong.

Well, that's good to know...it'd also be nice if someone would remind our viewers just WHAT that power was too...

Ah, good, so we are on the same train of thought!

Basically, he's evil, he wants power, and Alicia is the key due to mystic powers, sounds like it makes sense to me!

...so its ok to take over the world and use the princess for the purposes of evil, yet it WASN'T ok for me to take Alicia on a pleasure cruise on Fireman?  God damn it Matelite!

I don't see any worrying, just this little thing called "Rational thought about the situation at hand", something you might want to practice one of these days.

Yeah, I mean, its just the fate of the entire world, right?

But you're the one who...you know, why do I even bother anymore?

Welcome to my world!

So you say you AGREE with Matelite's suicide strategy?  You know, its times like these I wish I wasn't related to you...

Yeah, we should probably round up the rest of the crew or something...

Couldn't get a screen cap of it, but at this point, Truce drags Bikkebakke with him and follows Idiot Supreme, his Foreigner Sidekick, He Who Shares a name with a robotic Canine.

And on that note, with most people having gone to get themselves killed at the hands of Emperor Sauzer, and his best general Palpaleos, THE POST ENDS!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:19:13 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 01:48:07 AM »
So that's her power? Laaaaaaame. Also, is next chapter the one where she finally joins?
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 02:14:13 AM »
Well, the chapter isn't over yet!

But yes, she actually JOINS in Chap 6 (as in, you can use her in that battle.) The exciting conclusion...and posts that lead up to it, of Chap 5 is soon to come though! Worry not! My laziness shall be overcome! ...in due time...

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:06:44 AM »
Well you've still got OK beat quite handily, so I wouldn't worry about laziness for now.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 03:26:20 AM »
Matelite is really awesome.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 07:12:38 AM »

First off, I keep telling you "No" and secondly, WE'RE NOT EVEN ALONE THIS TIME.

Don't take this "I respect you more than Matelite" the wrong way.

Well, we have two options:
A. Sit here and laugh as Matelite and the others die, only to later learn that we just lost a good part of our army.
B. Go and help them, pray we don't die in the process, and hope something good comes out of it, even though nothing WILL.

Care to explain then?

So why didn't you bring this up earlier, when we were actually discussing this then?

...oh, right, that's why!

You do you know that Alicia's kind of my unofficial Girlfriend at the moment, and I somehow don't think she'd find me being with some 70 year old man in a dress in a rather positive light...

...then again, I haven't seen her for 3 years, so its also possible she's completely forgotten about me...and the rest of us...actually, for her sake, its probably best she forgot about at least SOME of us.

Wait, you mean he's actually hurt? NO! DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STAY DOWN!

Whose stash did you raid, Lukia?

And on that note, I think its about time we actually checked on how successful Matelite's brilliant plan of Charge The Enemy Head On worked!

I think this speaks for itself, in one of those "picture is worth 1000 words!" kind of ways.

You can't do much with a broken arm, sprained ankle, and a ruptured kidney either.

No, that's just Matelite, and despite him being our "leader" he does not represent us.  I apologize for any inconvenience his incompetence may give you!

Yeah, I tried telling that to everyone else, but for some reason, they'd rather listen to the Brainless Gold Wonder than an emotionless IRC bot.

Oh, so...wait, you mean this "Talk to Holy Dragons" thing extends to "Control them with your will?"
...suddenly, that power not only sounds a hell of a lot more useful, but it actually sounds threatening too.  I should probably start taking this guy seriously...

I dunno, I mean, one part of me is saying "That's a rhetorical question" and the other side of me is saying "7!"

I...really can't think of a witty comment for this screen cap.  Seriously, I can't.  The line itself isn't funny, and there's no real way to spin it into being funny, or react to it, and keep it in good taste.
Sucks too cause the line has some relevance *shakes fist*

Bet you he's thinking "Why the hell are all these kids in my forest, and being so damned loud while I'm trying to sleep?"

Is she...agreeing or something?

No, please, stop, think of the children...

She had a perfectly good 3 years to forget his existence and didn't take advantage of it?
...her loss...

Do I detect a hint of courage from Alicia? Or is that just Bikkebakke's recently picked mushrooms?

So Sauzer's got some intelligence? God damn it!  I was hoping we'd be lucky and he'd be only as smart as our "fearless" leader here.  Well, so much for THAT.

What, you thought managing a teenage blond rich girl would be easy? Man were you wrong!

So you're basically saying you just wasted the past 3 years of your life banking on our princess who ended up being useless anyway? Forgive me if I can't hold back from laughing!

So...mission success?

(For those of you who have forgotten, the original mission pitched back in Chap 2 was Rescuing Alicia!)

Uh, wha? You mean you...oh god, I don't like that tone of voice...

At this point, Sauzer then says "Such a shame!" followed by Palpaleos yelling "Wait!"  and pulling Alicia out of the way before Sauzer does something big and shiny.

What is that big and shiny thing? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT POST!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:27:16 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »
Broken images again, Meep.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »
Odd, just went over the topic and didn't see any broken images.  Mind telling me which ones don't work?

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »
So why didn't you bring this up earlier, when we were actually discussing this then?

...oh, right, that's why!

You do you know that Alicia's kind of my unofficial Girlfriend at the moment, and I somehow don't think she'd find me being with some 70 year old man in a dress in a rather positive light...

These three lines of text have no images between them.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 11:20:58 PM »
And in spite of Trips claims, we shall PUSH FORWARD! FOR GLORY! HONOR! And possibly bagged lunches.

As a side note, this entire post was intended to be a video (along with the previous one) because of all the actions that are hard to screen cap...but apparently, its not as simple as "Take a video through the emulator option!" so yeah.  If someone has some sort of video recording program that works with ZSNES, it'd be appreciated, as this part is better actually seen than read <_<

Oh, he's forcing us into a battle...
...and it seems I'm the only one in good shape, well crap, since I don't really have a choice in the manner (aka there's no Run option), I might as well just attack!

Um, well, shit, that isn't good.

Oh god, it STINGS!

Now, that move you just saw is called Ragnarok (and its Level 7, if you care.) Its big MT Non Elemental Magic damage and such.  What you can't tell is that its a big blue wave that oscillates (for lack of a better term) across the screen, and through your team.

He has another move, called Kaiser Blade.  This is basically just his physical where he runs over and bitch slaps you with the sword.  It also does about 1000~ damage, though its ST.

And now, the next few shots I can't really comment on, cause well, I'm dead <_<
(well, more accurately, I think its best these next few scenes are just not interrupted by Meeple commentary)

Don't...really have much to say.  If you can't tell by the screen caps, scripted sequence -> OH LOOK AT THE BIG SCARY DRAGON BLASTING SAUZER -> Sauzer talks.

How...could he not see it?  He was RIGHT THERE.

...also, how are you still standing? You just took a last blast directly to the face? God damn you and your villain overpoweredness!

Dude! She explicitly summoned the dragon on top of you! Don't give me this "Without using the girl!" crap cause you blatantly needed her!

Oh, so he did fall down eventually, just only when he conveniently finished his little villain talk. Got it!  Good to know our opponent is at least PARTIALLY mortal or something.

At this point, Palpaleos calls a random dragon to pick up Sauzer.  Was going to show you a shot, but frankly, its not necessary.

Did you just see what happened? I'm in pain here, woman!

Well...if it'll make me look cooler, I guess I could try to...OH GOD IT HURTS! I swear I just heard something snap as well ;_;

Fine, fine, I'm up!
...though, wait, you were perfectly healthy this entire time, while here I'm sitting in my own injured mess, and instead of taking things into your own hands, you force me to do it?

And if I'm not?

Oh, um, thanks, I guess?  You know, you're probably the second coolest guy I've met after the Dragon Keeper!  Pity we're going to have to kill each other in the future, given the whole Anti Hero thing you're setting up for us.

...by everybody, that includes Matelite doesn't it?
Well, so much for my back up plan of leaving him in this forest to get eaten by Vampire Bats that look like birds.

At this point, Alicia faints...

I think the cruelest fate of all is that I'm forced to listen to you.

So...anybody wanna take a guess how you pronounce that?

...you mean both of you thought she was...um, ok, I'll just pretend that's standard RPG Character overreactions to faints kicking in.

Yes, we heard Sendak the first time.

I'll tell you what "will not do."
The fact that I'm stuck carrying her while you bark orders around!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 01:38:35 AM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »
No idea what video programs work with emulators. Camtasia? I dunno.

Also, goooo Deus Ex Machina Girl.

Oh, and the images work now.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »
I've heard good things about Fraps.  Never used it myself, but I hear that's what quite a few of the video LPers use (like in that MMX3 video LP).  Fairly certain there's a hacked version of it or something floating around there...

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 12:45:59 AM »
Diabetus used Camtasia when he did Parallel Worlds, which was on ZSNES. You can get a 30 day trial free I think.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 01:11:15 AM »
You used the same picture for these two captions:

Oh, so he did fall down eventually, just only when he conveniently finished his little villain talk. Got it!  Good to know our opponent is at least PARTIALLY mortal or something.

Did you just see what happened? I'm in pain here, woman!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 01:36:43 AM »
and now for the exciting conclusion of...
CHAPTER 5!!!!!

Huh? I thought we rescued her from you! Well, there's only two possibilities, those being either Flashback or Dream Sequence!

Again, a line like this sadly yields bad commentary only.

The next chapter will be better! I swear!

Well, lets see; he's a General in the strongest army in the world, so I'm going to guess he's good at FLOWER ARRANGING!

Are you sure telling a teenage blonde princess stereotype these kind of things is a good idea?

And he's naturally trying to get out of this awkward situation!  I think he realizes the error of his ways before...

I'll let you use your imagination on this line.  Why? I don't know, this part of the game sucks for commentary, mainly.

He disappeared randomly, if you can't tell, not simply "Walked out of the room in disgust."

...I think the "Dream Sequence" theory is starting to win.

Hey, I was right!

Yes, that's the same Holy Dragon we just saw, and yes, he did just become a lot smaller for no god damn reason.

Yeah, this is the legendary Princess Alicia, hated by 90% of the RPG Community who has played this game.

You know, if I was a Holy Dragon and she could read my mind, I would personally AVOID her.

Given her kingdom excelled in Dragon Lore, so it seems, I think its safe to say she was a bit of the delinquent princess style, rather than the nice little girl.

...or she's just a total ditz.

Stupid uninspiring lines in this serious part of the game *Grumbles*

You know, calling yourself Nobody would make a lot more sense if Valitora was a Cyclops, and you were some random ship captain stuck in a cave...

Yeah, my commentaries failing up here, the rest of the pics will be shown completely uninterrupted!

Ok, so basically, we now have to run around from continent to continent finding each of the other Holy Dragons, cause its a Zelda's Axiom situation, and frankly, we're obviously going to run into our good friends form the Granbelos Empire a bunch of times!

At least we know the general direction the game's heading in, or something!

...ok, fine, we're still too early and such.  But on the bright side, CHAPTER 5 IS OFFICIALLY COMPLETED! STAY TUNED FOR...

CHAPTER 6!!!!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 03:10:28 AM »
Ah, so we've got our fetchquest now.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 05:06:12 AM »
Ok, no, this isn't an update, but a warning.

Chap 6 is going to take...a while.  Why? Cause its *202* pictures.  That's right, 202.

Which is to say, expect about 10 posts to get the entire chapter in.   Don't worry, it'll be updated not too long from now, but its going to be gradual so...umm...yeah...

In the meantime, think of random things you'd like to see me do more in this LP, or random gameplay things, etc.  I'd like to spice the LP up rather than rely on the same usual jokes, and I don't know when the next nice and short chapter is to give to someone else to comment on so...<_<;

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 01:46:43 AM »

Yes, we're finally starting this chapter.  Expect this to take a while!  Also, kind of a fitting name for the chapter <_<

In any event, I'm going to try to do as many pics in a row as possible, to keep the comments at a minimum, cause it speeds the process up.

Um, ok?

*the ship shakes, smashes through a few continents, and several birds can be seen on the wind shield*

Well, it WAS my first time, you know.

...I think its best we leave him to his delusions.

She then growls at this point.  All I can say is...
Well, you're the token Lolibait on the ship! Just accept the treatment you get as is, and pray a certain white haired villain from Xenosaga isn't in this game.

You can talk to Bikkebakke, but all he says is "I need to talk to you later." Not worth a screen cap really.

->Yes
    No

I have no words.

So instead, I'll talk to him again, and this time...
    Yes
-> No

I guess that explains why your country got beat so badly.
...yes, I'm aware we're not better, but at least I can say "Its Matelite's fault!"

Rush and Truce just say "Alicia is pretty now" and "I hear the princess was having a nightmare' respectively.  Basically, nothing worth showing and nothing worth commenting on.  You know what? MAKE YOUR OWN COMMENTS ON THESE LINES!

Ok, for the first time, we can actually explore the ship now! Well, no, we could ALWAYS do this, but this is the first time there's actual stuff on the ship interesting see in the other rooms.  So lets first check the Men's Quarters!

->Yes
    No

As a side note, No yields an absolutely boring generic line not worth screen capping.

I don't really know anything to say about this, but in general, the lines your party members make on the ship between fights (at least, the minor characters) can be amusing enough on their own, so yeah, lets leave it at that!

"You get a Gunso ???!"

Meeple Note: Every time you talk to Gunso, there's a chance you'll get that item.  Think it can only happen once a chapter, but could be wrong. It is completely worthless in like...every way, even feeding to Dragons.  Its only use is reverting a Dragon from a specific tree of forms (That I'll talk about later on, not going to spoil!) to the generic tree of forms (or the Uni Uni forms.) 

...and tell me why this is a bad thing?

*insert general mockery here*

Well, that finishes the Men's quarters!

Coming up next post, THE FEMALE QUARTERS!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 02:34:55 AM »
Sexy hijinks result?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 03:18:31 AM »
Find out soon, as the topic update shall come...RIGHT NOW!

This will all make sense in like 100 pictures from now or something!

Anyway, notice how Barclay basically said "She yelled at me to do something, but she's wrong anyway!" and Anastasia basically said "He gave me this weird advice that I'm going to tell you!"

...I'm not sure what to make of it, really, but felt like tossing it out!

I know! With you, I can make only ONE team faster out of FIVE!

Like, no I didn't!

Like, no Way! You don't say, Girlfriend!  What-ever~!

Yes, we are not suppose to know who the hell she's talking about.
Oddly, it didn't play her little theme song (if you can call it that) here.

In any event, this will soon make sense...and by soon, I mean like over the course of the game <_<

At this point, there's a prompt of "We Depend on you, Frederica!" and "Take a Rest!" or something along those lines.  Regardless of what you say...

This line speaks for itself, really.

Well, that's enough for the female quarters, lets go explore the rest of the ship!

First off, the merchants all just say "We have new stuff!" and are selling the exact same stuff Battlefield Salesman sold in the last chapter.  Also, if you can't tell, Battlefield Salesman is the same guy who sells Items on the ship.

Why are you still out of your cage?

And how come I can understand you? ARGH! I hate being the main character sometimes!

The game writes its own commentary here, really.

Anyway, I think now is a good time to feed our Dragons!
And what do we get?

Earth Slayer I think is some variant of Earth Warrior, my guess would be "It has a lot more recovery than Fire/Ice/Lightning levels, and can use Earth Magic (have level 1 in Fire, Ice and Lightning)" but really, not sure.  As you can see, his recovery is pretty compared to the other elements <_<

Well, now that's done with, I say we ADVANCE THE PLOT! and check up on Alicia, shall we?

As we approach her room, confidently, and proud of ourselves (and with Matelite nowhere in site)...

(if you can't tell, she slams the door open and charges through Hatbot, knocking him down)

Ow! Geez! That hurt!

Zora the proceeds to run off and tell everyone else this thrilling news (while Hatbot sits on the ground in pain.)  At this point, we see Our Stupid Fat Commander, the Bearded (likely Scottish accented) Squad Captain, our less than average intelligence brother, the Overweight low Self Esteem Mushroom obsessed kid, and the guy with the weird helmet all run past Hatbot...and then a certain UOM runs by as well, but takes time to stop and seemingly look down in pity or something at Hatbot before running into the room...

...then Hatbot finally stands up, and walks into the next room.

*Considers other options on ship*
...yeah, you'll work.

Believe me, Taicho deserves that spot far more than you do!  Also, washing your face requires soap, you know, not mud...

Well, since I'm talking to you, clearly I'm no...oh! A message prompt!

The message prompt here is either "Yes, I'm happy" or "That's none of your business!", or something along those lines.  If we choose the first...

I lack the ability to mock him in a creative way for this line, so umm...yeah...

If we choose the other option...

What the **** does that mean?

Anyway, Hatbot's loser-trio-that-is-still-cooler-than-Matelite all say the following:
Rush: I'm excited!
Truce: It seems she was having a nightmare after all!
Bikkebakke: *in text boxless thought style* She Smells nice.

These lines don't really need much comments <_<

(and yes, this is just a cheap way to cut down on pictures I had originally, so...)

Taicho also lacks anything worthwhile, but damned if I can remember what he says...basically, its something that can't really be commented on.

Sendak...you're jealous that I'm more interested in the princess at the moment than someone else, are you not?

And on that note of...Sendakiness, THE POST ENDs!

STAY TUNED NEXT TIME FOR THE AWAKENING OF PRINCESS ALICIA!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:38:48 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 04:04:59 AM »
This RPG would become infinitely better if you could just say "No, I'm not happy the bitch is here, I have to drag her ass all across the world now and between her and Matelite I'll probably have a fucking heart attack."