imageRegister

Author Topic: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!  (Read 37280 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 05:05:07 PM »

No, this isn't Kansas, and no, you were not in a mystical land of munchkins, witches, talking trees and large floating heads controlled by a man behind the curtain.

Again, Sendak shows he's more useful than Matelite.

Rush and Truce have simple generic "WElcome backs!" and such not worth showing...MEANWHILE...

That's...not something to be proud of...

Well, this is a rather nice reunion so fa-

...right, he's still around.

...must...not...kill...in front of...rich blonde chick...

Points for attempting a seriously introduce yourself, I guess?
Not surprised if she still has no clue who the hell you are.

If I stab Matelite, and he screams, will that be enough proof?

If you're still not convinced, the "stab Matelite" offer is still open!

Please, I ask you to reconsider! Imagine the amusement value of this offer!

...damn, she doesn't seem to be listening to me.

Translation: Did it involve Hatbot in a speedo?  If it did, go into grueling detail!

Shenanigans! Dreams in RPGs are *NEVER* just "ordinary" dreams.  They always have some sort of hidden meaning to them!

...or they're openly perverted, but this isn't Tales of Phantasia, so ignore that comment.

We haven't exactly talked to her much, you know.  At least wait til the 10 minute or something!

You do realize she's not interested in you at all, right?

Fine, fine, sheesh.  Am the only one whose strong enough to stand up to Zo-...

*remembers what just happened 5 minutes ago involving the door*

...right, I take that back.

Yeah, sure, you can go back into your coma, see what I care!

Before we leave however, she has a change of heart!

Are you...out of bed? Holy hell, you recover quickly princess!
...which is to say, you clearly weren't as tired as you were claiming.

So...why should we care exactly?

So it WASN'T an ordinary dream then?

This isn't, Pre-school Matelite, so this isn't the usual Story Time you're use to; no Green Eggs and Ham in this one, I can tell you THAT much!

Yeah, well, I had a dream about the Holy Chimp Mr. Bananas, but you don't see me saying that dream has Special Meaning behind it!

Me or her? Cause I know I said Holy Chimp.

Well, that dream sounds utterly normal.  Really, you're wasting my time when I could be taking Cutman to Therapy!

...you aren't helping, you know.

You know, that's a good question.

Did Matelite just...show signs of intelligence? OH DEAR GOD THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING!

Can agree with THAT statement.  I mean, maybe Matelite isn't as stupid as I've been making him out to...

...never mind.

Hey, I'm not the one claiming we're going to win a war based on a dream!

Oh, go figure, it was a cheap plot device to lead us into a fetch quest.

I'd comment on these but well...

Did she just...but...god damn!

(You can't tell based off this, but Zora came rushing in and slapped Alicia.)

You tell her!

...I...umm...er...you...wow...

I...think Zora has just won the title of "Second Coolest Person on this ship" after Dragon Keeper, and as a result, good place to end this long update.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 05:07:26 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »
Now, she just needs to shove Matelite off the ship and we'll be in good shape.

How many more updates do you have planned for this chapter?
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
About 3 or 4, but no clue; there's a lot of pics.  I did speed things up a bit by shoving 56 pictures into the last update, granted.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2007, 05:49:53 AM »
We're back! And time for another grueling episode of "Lets Play Bahamut Lagoon" along with gu...wait, this isn't a Video LP <_<;

Anyway, after deciding that Zora is more awesome than 99% of the members on the Ship, Alicia leaves her room...with Hatbot still there.  Hatbot gets curious about something though...

YAY!

Princess's ??? are a rare item; there's a total of 5 of them in the game.  They are basically pure Dragon Feeding items, as their effect in battle is...fairly generic and not worth blowing one.  Feed them to a dragon, it unlocks a SEKRIT form; to undo said form, feeding them one of those Gunso's ??? reverses it.
If you give all 5 to 1 Dragon, they reach the ultimate level of said form.  What form is that? Unknown!

...seriously, that's the name of the forms unlocked by Princess's ???;  I'd showcase one, but don't feel like doing some save state cheese.  So...when I get all 5, I'll show each...or you can check RPG Classics if you are impatient!
The ultimate form I refuse to say, cause I like putting you in needless suspense.

If anything, you didn't say enough!

Anyway, Bikkebakke said he wanted to talk to us, so lets go find him!

...turns out he's now in the Men's Quarters.  So anyway...

...and the screen cap doesn't work.  Basically, he just says "I need your help."

You can choose to see what he's got, or hear his predicament.  Normally, I'd say 'Screw the predicament, I want goodies!" but...well...I'm suppose to show you most of this game, so...lets see what he has to say!

Ok, I don't have much to say to make fun of this since the commentary writes itself here!
However, there is something I have to wonder about...

According to a certain yaoi fanboy here, Rush is Hatbot's Brother.  If this was true, these lines are...a bit awkward since they seem to imply that Rush is merely an acquaintance of Hatbot that, along with Bikkebakke and Truce, got employed by him when the Dragon Squad was created.  So really, I'm a bit confused by this...

...well, with that off my chest, lets see what he's selling!

I think this works for our Token Drug update <_< >_>

Anyway, Mushrooms are actually neat items.  Yes, pure Dragon Feeding bait, but they are nice since they're cheap, and tend to raise good stats.  The big thing is Gross Mushrooms Boost Poison and Rotten Mushrooms boost Recovery.  They also boost other stats, like HP and such, but...yeah, they're something you want to invest in if you want to twink and break the game.
Poison Mushrooms boost Lightning, if you care, but that's a bit easier to raise than the other two, though still nice cost effective way to boost that stat.

If you're trying to use that as a way to get me to avoid her, its not working.

No, I'm pretty sure that's just Taicho farting.

...also...umm...take the place of the King? You mean, be her father?  I think the last thing she needs now is someone like you to be her father.

...well, no, last thing she needs is someone like SENDAK being her father, since that'd just...you know what, I'll just end this train of thought altogether.

"Really now, mind telling me who that is?"

"No."

"...jackass..."

Hey, don't worry about it.  On this ship, there's an unwritten rule that I created that says "If something goes wrong, Blame Matelite."

Weren't we just there? What's to see besides a lot of green stuff that we can burn down, Bats that pretend to be birds, and Groyer, the Daikon Man?

...Hornet agrees to go anyway.

Uh-huh. Does this dress make me look fat, Alicia?

Yeah well...wait, WHY CAN I READ YOUR MIND? OH GOD MY INNOCENT IRC BOT EYES!

What's wrong with your room?  Its bigger, and it lacks that old man stench.

Does the concept of privacy between two young people possibly in love mean anything to you?

You realize that was just an excuse to keep you from following us, right?

What does Alicia want to talk to Hatbot about? Why is Sendak afraid of being seen as a cranky old man? Why did Alicia choose Sendak's room?  Will Bikkebakke sell enough mushrooms to buy a house? Will Matelite ever figure out that no one likes him? And why am I speaking in this voice?

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF...

LET'S PLAY BAHAMUT LAGOON!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 03:08:48 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 06:42:29 AM »
Wonder what happens when she finds out he took her...thing.

Also, I guess the alternate explanation for the whole brother thing is that Hatbot just abandoned his brother to a life of poverty. Because that's just how he rolls.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 03:02:27 PM »
I'm tempted to ban you from this topic for an entire day for that pun but...nah, that's mean, and you're the only one who posts with any consistency (which is to say, more people posting here = good, as Feedback, requests, etc. are always welcome!), so...I'll let you off with a warning THIS time!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 03:03:45 PM »
You don't have the guts anyway.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 04:57:33 PM »

And it won't be the last!

...ummm...err...you didn't hear anything!

Awww...ouw wittle pwincess wants to gwow up!

Neither do I! I mean, all I do is feed dragons, kill enemies, take Cutman to Therapy, and plan ways to kill Matelite.

zzzzz...er...I mean, yes, Dragons are cool! What were we talking about again?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?

Sorry to get your hopes up, but all we did was talk (or more accurately, she rambled and I just fell asleep in the process.)

Also, WHY CAN I STILL READ YOUR MIND?

Believe me, if there's anyone to hate on this ship, its not you...at least, not yet.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing; I already pointed out everything that IS in Campbell after all.

...so you really are as ditsy as you look.

Again, these lines are just too generic and boring to poke fun at in any creative way.  So instead, I will give you more suitable entertainment...

LOOK AT MOE DANCE! A~lo~ha Moe!

Yeah, you still haven't answered THAT much.

...and why would your aunt be in Campbell and not the Country Formerly Known as Kahna?

What's that got to do with Alicia's aunt now?

Oh.

You do that.

Am I suppose to answer that or something?

Oh, a message prompt, that solves that!

Anyway, here's what each 3 options do, in descending order!

This is the "Armor Flashing Pose" that Hatbot trademarks, and shows up a lot when he's ready to do something.  Pretty cool and all...
Then of course, Matelite has to copy him and do the same thing on occasion.  This pose is only done by those two characters.

...but I created this pose, so I'm accused of copying the guy who copied me?

...alternatively, its not hard to mimic being an idiot.

Option #2...

Tried to screen cap it, but the pic looked awkward, so instead, I'll just tell you Hatbot reacts by Jumping in mid air.

You mean I even got the accent down? Damn I'm good!

Option #3 has Hatbot seemingly walking down, except he's walking left and right.
Why would he do that?  Well, the answer is quite simple!

Now that we've rightfully confused the princess, there's one thing we need to do before this update ends.  Last time we checked a bed (that being Alicia's) we got a nice special item.  So dare we find out what's in the bed of our UOM friend?  Its gotta be something cool and amazing given the dangerous area we're about to transgress!

...don't say a thing

(For the record, the item is actually called "Botched Cookie" when in your inventory.  I don't know why its "Bad Cookie" here.)

And on that note, this update is OVER!  More Chap 6 in...umm...no clue when <_<

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2007, 05:44:49 PM »
Hatbot shaped, oddly sticky cookies for all!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 12:47:44 AM »
I'll just say this is not the end of the cookies.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 04:41:21 AM »
And we're back! And now, with this reasonably long post, I shall conclude...

CHAPTER 6!!!

Um, yes, we're the ones who came up with that plan, you know.

Ok, I could have sworn that you just said "Graneblos is not our enemy anymore!" not too long ago.

BUt if they're not our enemy, then why are we fighting them?

Thank you Alicia for interrupting the moron.

Let me guess: Our plan is to charge in head on, with no regards to our survival, and hope everything goes ok?

Probably? How do you not notice a large flying airship hovering over your airspace, combined with the fact that your Emperor himself just faced off against us, only to end up with a Dragon Blast TO THE FACE?

Good question.

That...sounds like something resembling an actual strategy, huh?
How is it the Princess with absolutely no combat experience knows more about combat strategies and tactics than our Fearless Leader over there?

If you guys have forgotten due to the length and general text heaviness of this chapter, Alicia apparently has talked to Palpaleos a lot, and when they did, he use to rave about Battle Strategies and such.

I'll let YOU figure out where she learned it!

Or maybe its just indigestion.  I mean, that cookie I found in your room didn't seem very...sanitary.

I see you're easily satisfied, brother.

Anyway, I think its about time we FINALLY got to, you know, FIGHTING AND STUFF.  All this plot has given me a head ache!

well, first things first; we shall...SET UP OUR TEAMS!

Teams courtesy of some combo of Sage, Grefter and...I think someone else, hell if I can remember, its been a while!

You'll notice there's a few things new to this list however!
First off, you'll notice Alicia is one of our PCs.  Yes, she's joined us, and she's pretty much identical to Sendak (barring some minor stat differences), being a summoner and all.  Naturally, Grefter/Sage/other people in chat were nice to me and requested 2 Summoners be placed together, which yields some...fun results <_<

The other thing is...well, you'll notice Barclay is placed in "Other" teams.  This is cause he's an extra PC that there isn't a team form.  When you have more PCs than teams are allowed (at the moment, we can only make 5 teams), then the PC gets put into Other and is unusable in that map.  Naturally, between Maps, you can swap units around at will!

As a side note, before we continue, its worth noting that on this next map, I forgot to swap Elecman back with Matelite's group, so Matelite was especially lackluster <.<;

Say, what's this new option over here? I say we check it out!

Ooh! We get a choice!  Lets see what happens if we choose the first one, shall we?

Oooh! Another map! With pretty straight forward conditions too.

Ok, might as well stop the act and get to the explaining.

Side Quests are Bahamut Lagoon's method of grinding.  Since it lacks a world map, a convenient Egress skill, or what have you like other SRPGs, the game gives you these.  Anytime you reach the formation screen (which is occurs right before each plot map), you can access these side quests.  You can play them as many times as you want to.
What side quests available vary based on what chapter you're in.  The two you see now are the only ones that are going to be available for a while.  Here's a quick explanation of them:

Granbelos Fortress: Its a pretty standard fortress map.  Walls around that you can smash, mote that you can freeze to cross, trees to burn, what have you.  Enemies you face here are all humans, for the most part, and are similar to enemies faced in the past few chapters (so we'd be facing complete failures at the moment, since that's all we've been facing lately, really; its early game, what'd you expect?)
There's also a random surprise in these maps!  If I ever come across one, I'll show you it <_<

Easy Dungeon: As the name implies, its an Easy Dungeon, and yes, there's a Hard one, but that's available much later.  Basically, its a cave, and the stuff in it you'll see later.  Essentially, this dungeon is all about Monsters being scaled to what you've been facing lately (...so basically, just things in that forest.)

Yeah, you go to these for cash, EXP, items, etc. if you want more of it. Anyway, I say now its time we beat the snot out of some imperial failures!

Say, I wonder what this new ability does...

Hey! That name sounds familiar!  Lets see if you guys can figure out from where <_< >_>
And...huh, standard spell range, and...3 Panel Radius? I think this spell is worth looking into!  Lets try it out shall we!

Oooh, shiny!

(Summons are big and flashy to the point where the game can't really do them justice on as a field attack animation, so it doesn't try, instead cuts to what looks like a battle scene, and shows what looks like the entire team summoning the dragon (even if its just your summoners technically <_<), then shows the animation.  There are a few other spells the game does this for as well, but its primarily summons that have this distinction.)

Umm...wow, that...was pretty painful.
For the record, level 8 in summons is pretty high right now (not sure what boosts Valitora's levels though, given he's Non Elemental maybe the mind stat?  And if it does...I don't think I have a Dragon with 100 Mind...) even if there's 2 summoners.  Granted, the fact that he's Non Elemental means his drops are crap, so I shouldn't use him TOO much.  Though its hard to argue with that offense.
Sadly, due to me later altering my Dragons around a bit, Valitora lost some power and became merely 600 damage to that radius ;_; (...600 is still pretty high, granted, especially for a field effect and especially for a move that has better AoE than any other move <.<)

In any event, I just clean up the rest of this fight.  While you can't see it, yes, there's far more enemies than 4 shown here; the map is fairly standard sized, those are just the starting bunch.  I'll get to showing you more of the map later.

So anyway, what happens when you win a Side Quest?

You get that!

Basically, this screen has everything you could care about game play wise.  Talking to Sendak lets you continue the game (brings you back to the formation screen.)  The Battlefield Salesmen sells you Weapons, Armor or Items like he does in chapters when he's NOT on the ship, and the Dragons are there so you can feed them.  So yeah, its essentially a quick "Make use of your profits immediately!" aspect which is rather nice, since you won't be running around with a lot of useless stuff until you finally reach a plot point where a shop/dragons open up.

Anyway, since they're here, I say we feed our dragons!

If its not obvious, Dragon transformations will becoming a lot less...frequent.  I might show you anytime they shift between stages of Grand Dragon, Glorious, Crusader or Gladiator to one of the others, but not sure.

As of now, though, I've decided I want at least one of each for once.  I've also decided that Fireman will be a Grand Dragon.  Both Ciato and Trips have demanded that Iceman and Cutman are to become Crusaders for some reason, so...that leaves me with Bombman and Elecman to become a Glorious and Gladiator.

If anyone has requests about forms, feel free to speak up!

Also, random fact: Elecman's Crusader and Glorious forms look identical!  The game doesn't even indicate he changes between the forms, just the name changes.  As a result, he was changing between Glorious and Crusader at random and I didn't even notice half the time.

Anyway, with our Dragons fed, lets go raid the Easy Dungeon this time, only so I could show you guys it!

Not much to say.  Well, ok, see all those red spots?  Those are lava pits.  You can't walk over those since well...you try walking over lava!

However, you can make them passable terrain if you hit them with an Ice attack.  Yet another random Terrain Manipulation thing from BL!

And yes, that is a Poison Swamp in the upper right hand corner.

That wall looks suspicious, don't you think?

I'll let you figure out what just happened <_< >_>

(actually, there is one in a more convenient location from the starting point, but like an idiot, this occurred to me long after, so I had to go out of my way for this one.)

Anyway, with Easy Dungeon lacking anything else interesting, its back to the intermission area, and feeding our dragons and...

Huh, so Gladiator is the LIGHT form while Crusader is the DARK form? Weird...
(if you don't understand, Gladiator has Recover > Poison, while Crusader is the other way around, if they are tied, Intimacy kicks in, yada yada yada, I explained this earlier!)

In any event, if we are to get the Emo Dragon to become a Crusader, its going to take quite a bit of work, if you so much as look at his Recovery and Poison values <.<;

Anyway, how will I be treating side quests in this play through?  I'll be going to them on occasion, but not abusing them.  Skipping side quests is skipping half the fun of the game, but at the same time, I said I don't wanna break the game, and that'd just be boring grinding anyway (having gotten all Dragons Maxed asap, I can safely say its not the most fun of things >_>.) So yeah, expect to see some results from battles you might not see or something!

Looks like Zomberd wants more!

Anyway, this fight looks really tame, what with there being like 6 enemies and him total or something silly like that.  Piece of cake, no?

Along the way, I tried to Screen Cap me drowning an enemy positioned on a rather long bridge with no land near bye...and I succeeded at the drowning part! ...but not the screen cap part cause I was getting ahead of myself, whoops!

As we are progressing and killing the few failures along the way, and insuring they don't notice us lurking, using the power of kills to our advantage against their numbers...

Damn it Matelite! How many times do I have to tell you that Role Claiming this early is *NOT* a wise idea to relieve suspicion!

...great, not only did they manage to get a whole Mason to Role Claim, but a cop figured us out, and they have a Doc too!  God damn it! If we lose this game, it'll be all your fault!
There better be an ITP somewhere to mess things up!

...huh, that's some damn good Night Kill powers right there!  We may yet have a chance!

Gameplay note: Honestly not sure WHAT provoked that nice fat "+10" to Inspire's level, but as we can see, its a significant boost given Inspire should NOT be hitting that much damage til much later.
My guess is that the terrain being surrounded with Gunpowder and such caused that (that's what those cannisters are.)  In any event, I'm not complaining, as a few other attacks (like Javelins from Lancers) get this boost too!

Damn it! Looks like they got a Day Vig ability!  This is one screwed up game!

(yes, that pic was shown purely for Trips' amusement or something)

Wow! It seems we got their Mega Beloved Princess, of whom when she dies, Scum automatically wins!
We got lucky there, lets hope this keeps up in future games!

Well, we saved the day, but at what cost?

(This shot is shown just for the amusement value of what BL's terrain altering can do to the landscape, be it on purpose of accidental.)

Also, notice that Exp Bonus for all thing?
Yeah, never showed that, did I?

Well, to insure that no one falls behind due to lack of participation or something, anyone who fights in a battle and LIVES gets the EXP shown above, including dragons.  Pretty simple, really, its a way to have everyone keep up at least to some extent.

And with that, I officially declair Chapter 6...

COMPLETE

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 05:15:12 AM »
Yay, caught back up with this topic~ (Yay drugs~)

This game has some of the best characters ever, and I do mean ever.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »
Ok, just finished Chap 7, and well, after deleting a bunch, I have *247* screen caps.  Yes, Chap 7 is *LONGER* than Chap 6 in this regard.

Given I don't like starting something and leaving it unfinished for too long, the updates will have to hold off until Monday, due to DL Minimeet and what not.

Now, that means either this chapter will have to be put on hold for over half a week...

OR someone brave enough to do a big chapter like this can cover the commentary.  I would advise that you talk to me via PM or something if you plan on doing this.  Furthermore, the person doing the commentary should have played the game enough to have enough knowledge to understand what is going on.  I'll send you all the pics, and you can edit to what you like (again, most of the pics should be there; none of this "Cut out most pics, have a 10 picture update!" nonsense; the point is to show the entire game, and make it amusing on the side, not make a mockery of it.)

So...any takers?

If not, we'll just wait.

Oh, and regardless, I am holding this topic hostage until we hit the next page, naturally <_<

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 11:24:20 PM »
I wish more SRPGs did bonus EXP.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »
BL did bonus XP? I just remember it being grindable to death. Abusing item properties in the training stages for infinite stacks of good armor/weaponry that can also be sold for nice bucks was fun.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 06:22:02 PM »
I need to play more BL for the  Meeples.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »
Then you can do a video LP!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 10:36:04 PM »
And have a drunk Oyster as a guest LPer!
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 01:50:36 AM »
Alright, I'm back from mini meet, so expect an update soon!

...but we still need to get this topic to the next page, so topic is still being held hostage.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 02:30:08 AM »
Here, have your precious post.  Or something.  I dunno, I'm just bored. >_>

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 02:39:43 AM »
Paaaaage 4 gooooo!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 05:11:20 AM »
Weeks ago, one man embarked on a quest.
A simple quest, but a quest nonetheless.
The mission of this quest?
To show off the entire game of Bahamut Lagoon through the use of nothing but screen shots and commentary!

And now, we return to this epic quest of magic, mystery, demons, goblins and possibly little fruit snacks you find in grocery stores.  As such, we have reached...

And so, our journey continues...

If you're talking about Matelite and Taicho, I'm pretty sure they have.

(I think she's actually talking about Rush and Truce, who both just mention Bikkebakke is acting weird.)

Um, ok, sure.

At this point, we actually ask Hornet.  You are given a prompt to ask what he hates and what he likes.  He says he likes Sweet Wine if you choose the latter, and the former he'll say Uniuiji (...no, I don't know what that is, its some item, that's all I can say!)

He didn't not tell me what he likes!

At this point, you can tell them either Uniuiji or Sweet Wine; a nice person would tell them Sweet Wine, a jackass would lie and tell them Uniuiji (also not I might be spelling that wrong, so yeah.)   Now, you might think "This is Hatbot, of course he'll be an ass!"

...well, I decided to be nice since I think that leads to Ectarina being a bit freakier later in the game.  You'll understand why as things go on <_<

Either way, the immediate result is...

Yeah, not special, I know.

Also, note that Ectarina is too shy to ask you, hence why Anastasia asks you.  No, Ectarina isn't the shy type its just...oh hell, I won't spoil it.

And she at least proves she has more manners than the authority figures on this ship!

Really now? I never would have guessed that after you did that 10 minute chant and a huge dragon appeared out of nowhere and obliterated the landscape in front of it.

No comment.

Again, no comment.

Um, not sure why you said that, but thanks?

Considering that of the people who lead this army, I'm the only other one who does ANYTHING...oh screw it, its a waste of energy to explain any further.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Good, good.  He's only thinking that...but GOD DAMN IT, WHY CAN I READ HIS MIND?

Now, talking to Zora leads a lot more text than you'd expect...and frankly, the scene is amusing enough on its own merits, so yeah, LOTS OF PICTURES NO COMMENTARY MODE ACTIVATED!

Translation: ZORA IS FREAKING AWESOME.

Sorry to burst your bubble (and shatter the 4th Wall again), but this an RPG; all legends are cryptic, foreboding, and typically inaccurate as they were made by "sages" 1000 years ago, which is equivalent to saying "Wise Chinese Men in an Opium Den" yet everyone seems to believe them.

Anyway, I say we explore the ship again!
If I didn't say it before, whenever you're on the ship (and no, this isn't the case with EVERY Chapter, so don't worry, as some chapters you don't get to the ship), characters typically say something else than they did the previous chapter.  So yeah, TO THE OTHER ROOMS WE GO!

Looks like the Mini Devils found a dance partner, and Melodia found someone else to have fun with!
...if nothing else, this means I won't have to worry about Pedophile charges later on, as she'll stop hitting on me, I think?

As a side note, I think one of those is a mistranslation; notice how both Mini Devils are named "Manyo."  One of those should be...whatever the other Mini Devil's name is, can't remember it offhand.  Not that it matters much, granted.

MESSAGE PROMPT!
Yes, I agree!
They get in the way of shop people.

The latter involves her just saying "Come dance with us later on!" or some such; its surprisingly lame for the negative one, really.  The former...

...so much for this being a complete distraction from me, bah!
Also, since when does she speak in 3rd person?

Actually, I'm tempted to NOT do this.  We don't need your constant "Lan-lan-lancer" routine after all!

Basically, what happens when you die.  I think its essentially summed up as "When you die, you go to that area you would go between Side Quests."

Having not Game Overed in this game in a while, I can't say I remember what happens quite exactly.

MESSAGE PROMPT! Its actually "Not much" and "Not a lot"
...basically, the same damn thing, in different words.  Either way, we get...

...wait, Taicho has an actual back story?
I see, so there might be some hope for him yet!  That, and there might be some good reason as to why he enjoys being the side kick of our "Fearless Leader" too.

...or this could all be wishful thinking.

Does this mean the end of...
I...what is this I'm feeling? Is it...actual joy?

Now if we could only find a way to feed Matelite to Bombman and get away without being suspicious...

The comments and answers to each of these statements and questions can be done in literally one word:
Porn.

And with that, the Men's Quarters are finished!

And yet again, we will continue the next session with the Women's Quarters!  And possibly ADVANCING THE PLOT!  STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EXCITING ADVENTURE IN...

LETS PLAY BAHAMUT LAGOON CHAPTER 7!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:15:51 AM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 05:16:08 AM »
So does that Gunso guy have fleas or what?

Also, hooray for Zora.

Totally missed the chance for a DDR minigame too.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 05:21:58 AM »
Who knows; all that's known is every BL character has some sort of quirk, even the minor PCs like him.  His quirk, naturally, is how his armor is always uncomfortable and such.

Yeah, BL did actually make an effort to have every character stand out in some way, if its not obvious by the earlier chapters.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 05:27:31 AM »
Well, it's better than a faceless crowd at least.