Register

Author Topic: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!  (Read 37286 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2008, 03:14:19 AM »
WARNING!!!

Just indicating that the next chapter (and probably the one after!) are going to be different commentators again.  Hey, it keeps things interesting when different people do it, so yeah.

Again, if you want to do a chapter, feel free to volunteer or something and I'll try to find one for you.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
So is the next commentator going to be a Megaman X boss or something?
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
That all depends on a variety of factors.  Most of which are not fulfilled granted.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2008, 03:42:01 AM »
Ok, so the person who was going to do the Chap 9 update had to back out, so I'm doing it anyway...

In this chapter, all commentary will be done in a special style!  At least, the first part of it will be <_<

I wanna be, the very best!

Like no one ever was!

To Catch them is my real test!

To train them is my cause!

I will travel, across the land!

Searching far and wide!

These Pokemon...

To Understand!

The Power that's inside!

POKEMON!

Gotta Catch'em!!!

Its you and me!

I know its my destiny!

POKEMON!
Gotta Catch Em!!

Oooooh, you're my best friend!

In a world we must defend!

Pokemon! Gotta Catch'em!

A heart so true!!!!

Our Courage will pull us through!

You teach me!

And I'll teach you!

Po-ke-mon!

Gotta Catch'em All!

Gotta Catch'em AAAAALLL!!!

Yeah!

Every challenge along the way, with courage I will face.

I will battle everyday, to claim my rightful place!

Come with me, the time is right!  There's no better team!

Arm in arm, we'll win the fight! ITS ALWAYS BEEN OUR DREAM!

POKEMON! Gotta Catch Em!

Its you an me!
I KNOW ITS MY DESTINY!!!

POKEMON!

Gotta Catch Em!

OOOOH you're my best friend!

In a world we must defend!

Pokemon!

Gotta Catch Em!

A Heart so TRUUUUUUE!

Our Courage Will Pull us through!

You Teach me!

And I'll teach you!

PO-KE-MON!!!

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all! Gotta catch 'em all.

Gotta Catch 'em all, YEAH! *insert Music interlude here*

POKEMON!

Gotta Catch 'Em!

Its you and me!

I know its my destiny!

Pokemon!

Oooh, you're my best friend! In a world we must defend!

Pokemon! Gotta Catch 'Em!

A heart so Tru-ue! Our Courage will pull us through!

You Teach Me And I'll Teach You!

PO-KE-MON~!!!!

Gotta Catch 'Em ALL!
Gotta Catch 'Em ALL!!!!

POKEMON!

(ok, this was a boring serious part of the story and frankly didn't feel like doing the same old mockery, but next update will be more creative.  Until then, see you all or something!)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:30:50 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2008, 04:00:18 AM »
I actually was thinking of The Warrior during that part.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
Much as I want to encore the last update...yeah, lets just go ahead and do a generic Meeple Commentary one.

*yawn* What, were you saying something? Feels like we were stuck in a flashback sequence for the past 3 hours...one which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense since you remember things EVEN WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP AND NOT THERE.

Wait, so Mahal is only a town?  I thought it was a country! Hell, why do...you know what? Its starting to get more and more obvious why your town got their asses kicked.  Especially considering you were their strongest warriors.

Wait, you were married? To a girl no less?  Did you like sink into a deep state of depression and hit the booze the instant you lost, and gained about 50 pounds in the process (and lose 50 points of IQ) or did she just have some really twisted taste in men?

Yes, you've established that.  Tell us something we don't know, like that Bar Fight with Gunso you got into in April of '67.

Dude, your wife drugged you and ran off to go kill herself.  You can't really protect someone from suicide missions especially if you're knocked out.  I mean, it'd be one thing if you actually managed to FIGHT Lestat, failed, then she died protecting you...but no, your wife was just a moron who figured it'd be wiser to throw her life away rather than retreat, join us, become possibly a 5th Wizard or something and...

...you know, why are we trying to liberate Mahal again? It sounds like we either have to half our army there cause they're too stupid to know how to stay alive without help, OR the instant we leave, they'll just run off, one soldier at a time, try and kill the entire Empire, and just get taken over again. 

...makes me wonder if Matelite has Mahalian Blood in him.

On an unrelated note, I think Taicho's building up to something...

I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN NOW SHUT UP AND PUT THE KNIFE AWAY AND ROLL DOWN YOUR SLEEVE GOD DAMN IT!

Talking? No. Long inner monologue with a flash back that involved a wife who doesn't know hot to keep things simple or intelligent? Yes.

Message prompt time! Typical Yes or No situation.  Yes answer yields...

No Comment Necessary.  Admittedly, this line isn't funny if he wasn't named Hatbot.

Now, the No answer...

Would you believe me if I said I hate all humans, and I'm doing this job only cause it gives me legal ownership of 6 Dragons, and access to the female quarters and locker room whenever I...wait, no, you didn't hear that last one.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT LOVE?

ALICIA IS A TOOL. ONE WHO WILL GET ME MONEY, POWER, AND ACTION. LOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Dude, if you don't stop putting me in your shoes, I WILL start singing the Pokerap, and believe me, you don't want to hear an IRC Bot Rap!

...and with that threat, it finally gets through Taicho's thick skull, and thus, preparations for battle are...being prepared for!

Thank you Captain Stupid.  I'd say Captain Obvious, but I'm not sure that statement is in fact obvious, but I do know for a fact that you're an idiot.

Or we could do my idea of think rationally and come up with a strategy, for once.

He does...and please stop bending down in that position; I'm not tempted in the least.

Given you weren't forced to sit through Taicho Tells his Life story...you know, that line makes sense considering who its coming from.  Life's full of surprises, isn't it?

So...what did Mahal exactly specialize in again?
Ballet and Karaoke?  Well, that explains a lot.

...I'm going to count off what's wrong with this statement!

A. No, you aren't Kahna's best soldier.  I'm pretty sure I can kick your ass pretty soundly, as can this Ugly Old Man and our lovely Princess from Beverly Hills.
B. Your pain isn't the same, Taicho just doesn't understand the difference between "Failed to Protect" and "Wife is a dumb shit who tried to take out an entire army with nothing but useless scrubs while he was drugged."
C. No, Emo does not factor into the equation at all.  And no, stabbing yourself with dry spaghetti...while you still are wearing armor...does not count as an act of emo.

If by "fought dirty" you mean "Took advantage of the idiocy of that country and general lack of competence in the military" then sure!

We won't need to if we just come up with something resembling a strategy, you know.  I figured you of all people, once you got me off your mind, would understand that.

Um, he didn't use any big words, Matelite, PLEASE tell me you understood THAT much.

I thought being a knight just involved using sharp objects to kill enemies while waltzing around in nice heavy armor.  Then again, your class is Royal Guard, not Knight, so its not surprising you know what a Knight is.

...good, he's gone.

Make anything as much as eye contact with me, I WILL push you off the side!  I still haven't forgotten those cookies from the other day!

Do you not listen to me? I said I...
Holy hell, now *THAT'S* an idea!  Sendak! Make As many more cookies as you can conceivably do so!  We'll send the empire a little "gift" before the fight!

FINALLY, someone who actually thinks strategy is a good idea.  Congrats, Truce, you have been promoted from "Useless Moron" to "Useless Generic PC."

You can choose to listen or not listen...if you choose Listen, you can't see not Listening, so we'll do the latter first.

Wait, you put actual thought into the plan as well? Its not just crayon drawing on a napkin during one of Matelite's Dinner Speeches? Hmm...ok, shoot, I'll listen!

Don't know where you got that map from, but man, I'm impressed; you are actually going about it like its a real strategy!

In fact, since I'm so impressed someone actually LISTENED to me for once, I'll respect you by not making snide remarks as you tell us your strategy.

Hmm...that might actually work.  I mean, Ramza Beoulve does something similar in FFT and that was pretty successful! Good job Truce! For not just coming up with a plan that doesn't translate to "Charge the enemy head on, hope for the best" but for also USING YOUR BRAIN.  YOu deserve a vacation...unfortunately, all the vacation spots are taken over by the empire, so you can't take it now.

If I could just ask one question though:
Why the hell were Rush and Bikkebakke floating over the map alongside us?

Before we leave, should probably stock up on...stuff...

What's it going to be? More Ice Brands, Conquestos, Burning Axes and the other junk I either already have or is already obsolete?

...well, he certainly showed me.  Anyway, the stuff here is generally better than what I have, barring the Cassandra which I got from a drop already and Lukia's using it.  Yes, Matelite Axe is already obsolete by the Crescent, Spark Blade is finally another sword, what have you.  That Executer is an Instant Death Lance even!
Armors got a similar upgrade...except beyond the new Robe available (of which I can't remember what it is offhand), the stuff he now sells isn't worth much...mainly Flame Vests which I've had since Chapter 3 or so, and Diamond Armors, which I've covered 2 chapters ago!

Anyway, PreBattle Preparations are done, next update we shall go off TO BATTLE! And see if the first actual strategy one of our characters came up with will actually work.

And yes, this is reltaively a short update (compared to recent ones), but I had too many pictures left for one Update, but not enough for two full sized ones, so yeah.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
Whoa, competent strategy. Could this be the end of the reign of Matelite?

Crystalgate

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2008, 04:19:10 PM »
Ah yes, self-sacrifice for the sake of self-sacrifice. All epic stories need them.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
This Update of Bahamut Lagoon was brought to you by Archvile Industries.  Demons Respawned In 5 Seconds Or Less or your money back!

Our teams for this chapter!  This one I actually asked Hatbot character by character, at the Chat's annoyance.  I will note that I am NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN SINCE IT IS FAIL AND I WOULD RATHER EAT NAILS.

Now, first I decided to do a side quest, but only so I can show off a new guy in the intermission areas!

Actually, this guy first appears in Chap 8, if you're wondering, but I forgot to show him...probably better that way given the guest commentator!

Anyway, yes, he's got a shop, but what does he sell?

Namely those!  These are the 3 oddball shops.  Matelite's Shop I think you can access by talking to Barclay whenever you're on the Farenheit from a certain point on, in addition to there, Mushroom Shop is what happens when you talk to Bikkebakke and Book Shop is from that random loser who sells books.

Anyway, this is why if you ever feel like grinding the game to death and getting the ultimate forms ASAP, its best to do it in Chap 8.  You can keep accessing the Mushroom and Bookshop all you want, plus the shops sell stuff good enough to support all elements and stats.  Furthermore, this is the first chapter you get Gutsman <_<

Well, with that out of the way, lets DO THE ACTUAL BATTLE!

No, we're just traveling circus performers, here to bring joy to everyone; kids, civilians, and evil psycho generals alike!  Also, I think you're stepping in dog droppings.

...god damn it, our covers blown.  Well, time to work on plan B.

Namely that!  At least the game was nice enough to tell us who Lestat was before we go slaughter him...or her...or whatever the hell Lestat is.

What we are up against as far as a boss goes!  No, I have nothing else witty to say.  Well, ok, that is a new enemy we're facing! (...which you could be spoiled on if you did a side quest in this chapter granted <_<; )

Now, remember Truce's strategy anyone? Well, about that...

HERE IT IS IN ACTION!

I forgot to get a screen cap of it, but to activate it, you have to bring one of your characters along the north side and then end their turn while standing on the Sluice.  Its easy to see where it is if you just check Truce's map from before, as this map is laid out exactly like that.

What this does to the enemies is anyone caught in that current loses a fraction of their HP, I think its 3/8ths of their MHP.  Also, believe the damage counts as Water/Ice elemental, so anyone immune to that element doesn't take damage.

Now, Matelite has another brilliant plan!  Also, I think his new emo tendencies are kicking in!

Doesn't this look familiar?  Apparently, Hatbot told Matelite that falling off a bridge can raise his strength in combat 10 fold...and Matelite believed him!  Well, Matelite's on the job as we speak!  It should be obvious what he intends to do!

Except Matelite, in his complex plan of brilliance, forgot one minor detail...
That being the fact that if he's going to destroy a bridge to fall off it, he needs to be STANDING ON THE BRIDGE.  Not only that, but Matelite just destroyed our easiest escape route, so looks like we're in this for the long haul...

(there is an alternate route back to the other side of the map, but it involves going up and around, which is much longer, so no, destroying the bridge doesn't screw you in this fight, unless Hatbot happens to be standing on the bridge...)

What? You didn't think a guy who the game went out of their way to name wouldn't have a death quote, did you?
And yes, he doesn't actually die, he just runs away, much like Zomberd before him.  Though, the question is, is that line a metaphor, or does he plan to beat us in a game of black jack?  Well, we'll find out...NEXT CHAPTER!

...except, wait, there's more to this chapter? Damn, don't I feel stupid...

I smell a Taicho monologue, one to his dead wife whose intelligence was only slightly higher than Matelite's...

No, it was she who couldn't protect you; did you forget the whole drugging, plus cheating on you, plus thinking she could solo Lestat and his entire army?  THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT DAMN IT!

...much as I hate to say it...

HELLO.  You DID NOT RUN AWAY.  You were DRUGGED INTO NOT FIGHTING BY A SLEEP SPELL.  Being prevented from fighting against your own will is not the same thing as running away in the face of danger.  How hard is this to figure out?

Yeah, I agree; you're completely hopeless.

You promised something? Wait, what? Why didn't we see THAT in the flashback? ARGH! How dare you show us a flashback and not give us all the required info!

All we did was successfully defeat the front lines; their central army stationed here still exists.  I don't call that "Taking Mahal Back from the empire."

Here's a little hint: Even the strongest of men can be knocked out by simple use of chloroform.  So no, I don't think you being stronger would have changed anything.

...no, I'll see if he can guess what I'm going to say next.  I've only been over it like 6 times this chapter already.

...well, ok, I'll give you that much.

Deep...

I think its safe to say at this point, the Pokemon Commentary from 2 updates ago was better.

Well, NOW we're truly done with Chap 9!  Stay tuned for Chap 10!

Also, remember, there are no Demons more annoying than Archviles!  Guaranteed Death when in Line of Sight, Free Trial for the first 30 Days!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:15:40 PM by Meeplelard »

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
I just now realized Zora's Son doesn't even have a name. Bwahahahaha.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2008, 12:04:19 AM »
Yeah, he's called that literally the entire game.  Its pretty fun in a sad way, really, but I think that's the joke.

(Yes, Niu, I'm aware what the real deal with his name is, don't bring it up in public as that's kind of the surprise...in a silly manner.)

(also, this topic is officially being held hostage until the next page again!)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
The most intelligent military ever, clearly. >_>

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2008, 01:24:41 AM »
MEEPLE TOPICS.

SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I'll read later.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2008, 01:25:20 AM »
Heyyy, new reply warning. That's pretty neat.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »
And thus, with this post, the topic isn't held hostage anymore (...I think, someone can post after to insure that its not <_< >_>)

Anyway, we have another guest commentator next chapter, one who I refuse to say who it is again because I'm a jerk.  However, the update will have to wait til the weekend from the sound of things.  Worry not, Chap 10 is completed in regards to playing and screen caps though!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »
Well let's make sure then.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
*glares at Meeple*

Last time on Bahamut Lagoon, we had Matelite failing, Sendak being creepy, and Taicho being emo. Wait...that could apply to a lot of chapters. Let's see if the game breaks the trend this time!

The chapter title may not make sense now, but as always, it has deep plot relevance. Or at least pretends to have.

I'd hazard a guess that it's because the people of Mahal manage to pull off stunts of failure that eclipse Matelite. THAT is a miracle.

Okay, looks like we can blame the nonsensicality of this on the translation.

In case Orelus hasn't been explained yet, it's the name of BL's world.

I still think my explanation is more likely.

Mystery of chapter title solved!

That would explain Mahal being the leading country in "accidental" fall death statistics. They never even thought of having guardrails here?

Cunning. So, in Chapter 10, the Kahna Liberation Army will expose the false promises of Mahal Rainbow Bridge Enterprises, Inc.!

Cue our valiant heroes, in middle of a stealth attack rehearsal.

Matelite didn't really get the point, though.

The Empire is merely doing the right thing by driving away the tourists lured in by false advertising!

Matelite has a sinking feeling about his investing in stock of Mahal Rainbow Bridge Enterprises, Inc. as Lukia desperately tries to not laugh in his face.

Old man sense's main function is to accurately track down the location of Hatbot at any given time.

Wait, why should we care about him? He's just another Knight and we'll do just fine without-

Oh well. Maybe there's something to loot.

Lukia's detective work isn't much help.

Enter Donfan! Hatbot immediately notices the enormous potential of a 4x Lancer squad and starts plotting his recruitment speech.

Or maybe Lukia will save him the effort. Hatbot decides to observe the situation.

In case you hadn't guessed, Donfan is the game's resident womanizer. Hooray for name puns.

Like most of his kind, Donfan is woefully ineffective. And especially bad at metaphors.

-Really- bad at them.

Donfan, noticing that his poetry is not having the desired effect, uses his special weapon...

SUMMON SPOTLIGHT OUT OF NOWHERE! It's Donfan Musical time; take THAT, FF6 Opera Scene!

Sadly, he fails to capitalize on the opportunity to make this the best musical EVER by following with "Bustah Wolf!"

...uh, Donfan, about your performance...

...yeah. That works.

Will the resistance army manage to save this helpless Lancer from the fierce waterfalls of Mahal? Is Donfan able to overcome his lack of talent with hard work and become a Broadway star? Does anyone care where Taicho is? Find out next time, in Bahamut Lagoon Chapter 10, Part 2!
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
For those those who don't know, Donfan was incorrectly translated.   His name is suppose to be "Don Juan" which, naturally, makes a lot more sense given...well, you just saw him in action!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »
I refuse to believe it's a coincidence that just as we get to a Rainbow Bridge we find people suddenly bursting into a song and dance act.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
I'm just surprised Sendak didn't find a way to join in and serenade Hatbot at the same time.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »

"Sorry, on second thought, you Lancers kinda suck."

Suddenly Hatbot's heroic main character insticts kick in, though.

Hey, look, Hatbot's suddenly famous despite the guy not recognizing him 2 seconds ago!

Um...what? I'm fairly sure we only started this liberating business recently...

Yeah, they also call Matelite a tactical genius though.

Aw damn, I think that means this guy won't be joining us.

-wait, WHAT?! He must still suffer serious head trauma from that fall.

Hatbot instantly takes advantage of the free slave labor.

Indeed. Now be a good boy and go rush to your death with squad Matelite.

Far too late, Donfan realizes what he's gotten into. actually this is what happens if you refuse him joining. he does so anyway.

Enter the new Light Armor, Jeanne. She gets barely any introduction at all, she just randomly shows up. Hey, Hatbot's not one to refuse willing slave labor.

Um...what? Why was she seeking Taicho in the first place, how did she even know about what we were doing - oh right, Matelite and stealth operations. So by now she's fully briefed on everything the Liberation Army has done in the past two years.

Matelite? Calm down? RED ALERT!

Donfan uses the Golden Line Notebook again.

He ain't 555-DONFAN, though.

Yes, pushing Donfan into the waterfall really helped out our battle preparations we were supposed to MAXIMUM RED ALERT HURRY UP with. Thanks a lot.

But if you fall into that waterfall again, not even the free slave labor is worth it.

You really could work on those pick-up lines, you know.

I don't even want to know how Sendak suddenly got here.

Frankly, they're more horribly disfigured from feeding experiments than impressive, but whatever...

I refuse to comment on this.

There is only one answer! No, it's not going back home without Matelite and Taicho. Sadly.

...Knight/Lancer/Wizard/Mini-Devil?
WHO LET MATELITE MESS WITH THE PARTY FORMATIONS?

Regardless, there's no time to waste correcting them, the situation requires immediate action! Which of course means Hatbot experiments with dragon forms. This here's the final form of the Uni Uni, gained with 100 Loyalty and Fidelity. It can do some powerful attacks but also has the chance to fail miserably, so Uni Uni+. We're not actually using it, Meeple just wanted to show it off.

And have us walk into an obviously well set up trap? OFF COURSE!

The battle's fairly simple. Simple castle layout with some scrubs and Lestat...

And utterly random treasure chests. Why Lestat didn't loot them is anyone's guess.

Oh, cunning! Though I'm trying to figure out how opening a treasure chest can trigger a sandstorm indoors and failing.

Matelite has a cunning plan, episode 68: Matelite takes a shortcut to the treasure chest!

See, when you're heavily armored you don't take damage from spikes...oh? You do? And three of the squad members aren't armored anyway? ...oh.

Bombman has an AI failure, stops in front of these statues and gets bustered in the face.

This observation would have been more useful -before- we triggered them.

And all of Matelite's effort was...for the weakest lance in the game. Suddenly Lestat's tactic of leaving treasure chests lying around makes much more sense!

Lestat haxes the entire living remainder of Jeanne's squad with his petrify tech. Your valiant sacrifice for the spirit of freedom will not be in vain - oh who am I kidding, they were just useless cannon fodder.

The upper chests actually have half decent stuff, though getting to them requires triggering the ire of all remaining enemies on the map.

Lestat falls pretty easily.

Can The Great Lestat actually be defeated? Who is the mastermind behind Mahal Rainbow Bridge Enterprises, Inc.? Will Taicho ever manage to stop cutting himself? Find out answers to some of these questions in Bahamut Lagoon Chapter 10, part 3!

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2008, 12:17:32 AM »

NO TAICHO. DON'T DO IT

Actually, Hatbot is probably secretly watching somewhere nearby, half hoping Taicho jumps off.

OBJECTION! Taicho, you were nowhere near Lestat at the time of the stabbing/breathing/magicking and I can prove it!

Forgive for what again, exactly? Oh well, Meeple already went over this point at least 8 times last chapter. Fine, just jump off if we still have to suffer that emo whining.

Sadly, this image of a dead lover does not turn into an epic WaterHag fight. Well, the rest of this incredibly cheesy scene speaks for itself so...

Wait.

Wait.

Hold on just one <censored> second. Celine pulled off her ridiculously stupid useless self-sacrifice stunt...WHILE PREGNANT.

And the inevitable climax of cheese kicks in. It probably would be almost effective had Celine not just rather undisputably taken the FAIL AT LIFE award out of reach of such brilliant minds as Matelite, Taicho and Alicia.

Well, that was...something. I had completely suppressed my memory of this atrocious plot arc, and for good reason, seems like, that scene just speaks for itself. Next time, we'll be trying to bleach the fail out of our minds and get a new dragon summon while at it with...someone else. That's it for Chapter 10, 'twas fun doing commentary, hope you enjoyed it.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2008, 01:10:55 AM »
The horrid stupidity of that chapter BURNS!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2008, 01:29:31 AM »
Topic is officially held hostage again until next page!  Thankfully, that's one advantage of 15 Posts a page:

Holding the topic hostage tends to be pretty short <_<

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2008, 01:30:45 AM »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Sendak serenading Hatbot would have been better than that crap. <_<