Author Topic: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!  (Read 37290 times)

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Bahamut Lagoon!
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2008, 01:45:58 AM »
Oh come ON who didn't see that coming. Also the whole doing it while pregnant thing is incredibly retarded. Clearly Matelite was the true father of her baby and it was sending stupidity waves to her brain. It's the only logical explanation.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2008, 02:40:21 AM »
Oh come ON who didn't see that coming. Also the whole doing it while pregnant thing is incredibly retarded. Clearly Matelite was the true father of her baby and it was sending stupidity waves to her brain. It's the only logical explanation.

I claim that Matelite's stupid enough that he effects people he's never even met.

Smashy

• Random Beep Generator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2008, 05:36:13 AM »
Tonfa failed to hype the Drugs in this update. Sad~

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2008, 05:39:16 AM »
Oh, yeah, should have noted this too!

Royal Drug is the ultimate Drug (...wow that sounds wrong.)  It is basically an MT High Drug, so it heals 1000 HP to all units.

Yes, its store bought later in the game...much later.  Its another reason why I don't really respect Priests in this game <_<
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2008, 06:12:55 PM »
What are the other reasons?
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
Well, the other big one is the whole "Complete and utter lack of damage until Holy and Dark Forms, since their only attack spell before then is Exorcism, which is unreliable instant death, and Starfall, which can't hurt fliers and is crappy anyway" thing kicks in.  They're basically Wizards with more variety...which you won't care about, as the "More Elements" thing offsets that and is generally better.

THAT said, topic isn't held hostage anymore!  More guest Commentary to come! This time, I have given him a Chapter condition.  He may or may not specify the condition for the chapter, but whatever.  How will it work in a NonVideo LP? FIND OUT SOON!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »
Damn Celine is a stupid bitch. Not as stupid as Alicia (the real one) who sacrifices herself for freaking Seifer Highwind though. >_> RAINBOWS THOUGH, ISN'T THAT SO ROMANTIC??
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
Let's see if you kids can figure it out.

Chapter 11- This was the Darkened Items won't Appear

Big fish pose certain danger.

Metal Gear!?!?!?!?

Breathing is your 'ability'. 'Water' interrupts 'ability' so not can function.

SUPRISE SEX

Bikkebakke better avoid tentacle. Tentacle cause many suffering to 'Innocent' posterior.

We shall becoming Octopi Buddies!

Sounds not simple. Perhaps "Mushrooms" would be awesome choice after all. Bikkebakke will fish in completely unnoiseness.

Special Ancestor of Topic "Meeplelard" would be estactic at informing you of info. That info is "The Fishing game is almost impossible to figure out, has no rewards worth speaking of, and is generally worthless in every way." Great job, go hog wild!

OH NO! DONFAN GRAVITY MISPLACED STEP! HOW CAN THIS BE?

Missing? Missing an 'item'????????? Oh Donfan, please be of not doing what brain insists upon you do.

Would like to see 'license of beverage giving to princesses' please thank you.

Undeground lake..to her heart? 'Love' is a skill you can learn with Seduction ability.  You learn from master of ability, like Sprung.

Specialty Building Concealing Mining Mongoose

You have 'courage'. It's also the the power of your weapon. 'Brave' will only achieve much of little with no backing of up.

Is thinking time for kicking of the ass. Use "Throw Ass" For bestest effect for Zodiac.

Sendak is of need in 'Decongestant' ! !

Sunken village offer adventure???????

LET'S PREPARE FOR DOING STONE AND SPIN

Part of second half, being 2 of 2, coming in no time at all super fast A+ OK???

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2008, 12:59:22 AM »
Chapter 11 Part 2: "Assault Cave" has possessed entrance of Ural mine. We can not get any work done.

In 2101, war was beginning

BELONG YOU DO NOT IN THIS WORLD MONSTER

Of victory is us!

Dragons like not the solicitors. Was going to inform him of miraculous RON PAUL JOIN THE REVOLUTION FREE MARKET DESTROY THE MEXICANS

ROYAL GUARD OBSOLETE? UNPOSSIBLE !!!

Old man help us please with Matlock and Geritol

SUPER OMEGA PRINCESS FORCE GO

IT'S A TARP

No infecting with feverous fever stay out of personal space which includes 400 miles go away go away

Sendak infected of Alicia put him TO THE DEATH!

Ok bye bye take care then

Theraputic sessons have assisted Cutman with miscellaneous conflicts can also help you more than converse with sluts

"Product Eye Improve Padding Incident?"

Quote from: Hatbot
I see. And how does that make you feel about your mother, Alicia?

Alliance with Matelite cause of many things such as these.

Go buddy buddy with Cutman

Dragons are also in suicidal and be moronic? We're on Apocalyse Edge here now

I wish to become one with hot dogs

This story is happy end!

---

Whew. Well, there you have it. Another Poke uh Dragon collected.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2008, 04:31:17 AM »
Ok, Chap 12 is another unique chapter.  Why is that?

Cause there's 4 potential ways to go about it, with 4 slightly different scenes that are different enough to show them all!  If you've played Bahamut Lagoon this far, you probably know which part of the game it is!

So...rather than me doing the commentary for each section, here's how its going to work:
I'm going to do the commentary for the chapter, simple enough...

*HOWEVER* for the 4 potential scenes that can occurr, I'll let *you* guys comment on it.  I'll reveal which one I ultimately decided to choose AFTER all 4 are promoed, and give you my reasoning why.

This chapter is decently lengthed, yes, but worry not; you're only doing a portion of the Chapter.  That should be fairly doable and easy enough.  So yeah, if you want to do this, volunteer here or something.

Which scenario you get, mind, will be determined by Hatbot.  Also, no one who knows what this part of the game is reveal it the surprise <_< >_>

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
Ok, so I got pics of all the situations (Chapter isn't finished yet...I had to do all 4 situations after all, yay Saved States!), and as I said, there are 4 of them.

To avoid spoilers, I'll list them as this:

Situation 1 is 57 Shots
Situation 2 is 11 Pics
Situation 3 is 37 Screen caps
Situation 4 is 41...crap, ran out of words!

Anyway, one person kind of volunteered (who? NOT SAYING!), but if you want to choose one specifically (and if you know the game and know what's coming up, feel free to specify, but ONLY in private PMs on chat or something <_<), so I need 3 more.  Again, don't wanna spoil the fun for the update.

And for those who are...afraid as to the content of this (and given this is Bahamut Lagoon, I can TOTALLY understand that), don't worry; this is *NOT* like Final Fantasy 7.  These are *NOT* Dates, or anything of the sort.  So don't worry about Sendak Mental Scarring Images >.>

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2008, 10:50:57 PM »
I killed the LP, didn't I?

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2008, 12:44:19 AM »
I dunno, I don't generally follow LP threads as they're happening, but is it normal for the actual player to dump so many of the updates on other people like this?  I kinda thought the point was to see the game without having to play it yourself, not randomly comment on something you didn't do based on pictures someone else took.  But what do I know? >_>

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »
The idea here was not just to give Meeple a break but also to try and keep things fresh by letting other people have a shot. Just a way to switch things up a bit since video isn't an option, apparently.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »
I didn't mean for that to sound like I was taking shots at Meeple, but I wonder if that's kinda the problem?  I mean, people might like reading this but not really care enough to want to have anything to do with putting it together.  Especially the ones that haven't played the game and won't really know what they're commenting on. 

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2008, 02:52:03 AM »
Well, nobody's forcing anyone to do it. If there isn't enough interest I doubt Meeple's going to stubbornly sit on his idea for commentary and let the LP die.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2008, 02:56:50 AM »
Well, this IS Meeple we're talking about here.  You can't discount anything. >_>

Taishyr

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2008, 03:15:09 AM »
I volunteer for random commentary. Be prepared for the worst.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2008, 04:03:13 AM »
Can't be any worse than Daravonese.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2008, 04:26:34 AM »
Can't be any worse than Daravonese.

It can always be worse.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2008, 04:31:36 AM »
Little did you know that this was all a ploy to get to the next page. DANCE PUPPETS DANCE

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2008, 04:39:28 AM »
Trips delivers like always.

No infecting with feverous fever stay out of personal space which includes 400 miles go away go away indeed. Damn old creepy stalkers.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2008, 12:32:21 AM »
Well, got my 4 volunteers...and by that I mean 3 Volunteers, and I'll just do the 4th when the other 3 post their results <_<

ANYWAY, NOW TO THE ACTUAL LP!!!

Must be talking about their dinner date the previous night.

Or its just generic yaoi talk and a possible break up.  Either way *cues the song "Losing My Religion" by REM*
(Bonus points to anyone who gets that refence)

Hmm...Emperor Palpaleos...actually, that doesn't sound so bad.  Its also the first line that lacks any real yaoi potential in this chapter!

"Well, it was him or that easily manipulated blonde chick on the other side."
"So we're going after the guy who likely WILL question us, and will be hard to control, instead of the ditzy bitch who would believe anything we say?"
"Yes! Of course! We're villains, after all! We aren't suppose to think things out straight!"
"...wait, we're villains?"
"...maybe! Actually, I don't know, I'm just guessing based off the evil music and how we're monsters."

DISCLAIMER: None of the above was a spoiler <_<

"Oh, well, that reason makes a lot more sense for why we chose him!"
"I still think the girl would have been a better idea."
"You ALWAYS say that.  'Lets go bowling!' 'I think the girl would have been a better idea!'"
"Hey, at least I don't snore!"
"...burned."

"Look, how many times do I have to tell you there's a difference between 'Confused' and 'Drunk'?"
"Hey, I didn't have THAT much to drink...at least, I don't think I did?"
"Explain the empty keg behind you then!"
"Umm...well...you see...hey look! The guy's calling to us!"
"...hey, get back here! Don't you try to evade the question!

And so, the 4 monsters, after random squabbling, and such, decided to finally meet up with Sauzer.

"We prefer the term 'freaks' thank you very much!"

"Well, that works too!"
"Damn it, I wanted to be a Princess!"
"But you're male!"
"Hey! There's no law that says Male Freaks like me can't be princesses!"
"You mean besides that by definition, to be a princess, you need to be female?"
"Hey, you two, stop fighting, and lets actually listen to what he has to say!"

"Your welcome."
"Why'd you say that?"
"I figured it'd be a good idea to show manners for once!"
"What are manners though?"
"...you know, that's a good point, any of you two know?"
"No."
"I think they're...wait, no, that's pie."

"Crap! I was afraid he'd ask that!"
"We don't have an actual answer, do we?"
"Um, shit, time for plan B!"

"Ok, I started us off, which one of you is going to continue!"
"Tentacle Freak."
"Hentai Bait."
"Hor...god damn it!"

"HA! I can pull that stunt too, see! Now, Mothra, its your turn!"
"...I hate you."

"Man, that felt good! Now I think I'll one up both of you and actually MOVE!"
"HEY! Don't you mess up our routine!"
"We have routine?"
"I wasn't told of it..."
"Damn it, I told you guys to check your E-mail!

NOTE: The above few Monster lines are actually all spoken by the moth <_<

"What is that pain anyway?"
"A Massive Headache from waking up early every morning and going to sleep at 3 AM"
"Oh, makes sense."
"Well its my turn, and you know what? I'M GOING TO MONOLOGUE!"
"NOOOOO!!!!" *this line was done by the other 3*

"Bwahahahah! Beat THAT one!"
"...I wouldn't call two continuous lines a monologue."
"Yeah, well, I STILL FINISHED WHAT WE HAD TO SAY! SEE? HE'S READY TO SAY SOMETHING!"

"Yes?"
"...wait, I thought we prefer being called freaks?"
"We do, but he doesn't seem to learn."

"Let what begin?"
"...is it already time for our Olympics?"
"Crap! It might be!"
"Damn it, and I haven't worked off those 30 Lbs yet either!"
"Well, that's our cue to exit!"

Yeah, its nothing more than the usual "I'm tired" "I'm bored" "I wonder what's for dinner."  Really, I can't figure out why reading Dragon's Thoughts are so important...

*insert constipation joke here*

Being the toughest he's ever had to try to relieve himself, Sauzer faints.  Thankfully, to steal from Snow, Perfect Elegant Maid Palpaleos to the rescue!

And FINALLY, we come back to our heroes, and FINALLY, we see the chapter name, and FINALLY, there's some hint as to what's going to actually HAPPEN in this chapter.

And Matelite actually comes up for a good idea for once!  Pity he wastes it by telling Taicho of all people.

And Taicho actually understands too! Wow, could this be the beginning of a sudden intellectual growth spurt in the two?

...the Apocalypse must be coming.  Matelite just said *2* intelligent statements in a row.

Please hurry. That FIre and Brimstone raining down outside isn't making me very confident.

My god! Matelite's using...his brain...
...are those four horses I see outside with skeletons riding them?

*about 5 months and many minions of hell later*

About damn time!  Do you know how often Sendak shrieked and tried to jump in my arms whenever a succubus tried to approach him?  I swear, I don't know what I found scarier.  Doomsday, or the fact that I might die protecting SENDAK of all people.

Anyway, about those spies, what kind of brilliant people did you find?  Given how long it took, I expect some top of the line mercenaries or something, like Solid Snake.

...ok, all those good things I said about you before, Matelite? FORGET ABOUT THEM.
On the bright side, Matelite reverting to usual "brilliance" indicates that this Armageddon scare ceases, and everything goes back to normal.  On the not so bright side, Matelite is still alive.

Ya don't say.  Good thing he managed to ignore me for this job then!

Ok, well, at least I can have SOME say in how we go about this, I guess?

"Ladies?" Um...we have a UOM, a generic Crew Member, your fat stupid ass, your fat stupid partner, Me, and Hornet here...where the hell are the females?
Are is this a gameshow and you're obliged by political correctness to say that?  I'm guessing this is "So You Want To Be a Spy!" or something?

These are our fabulous options of spies!  Whoever you choose alters the next few scenes of this chapter.  And yes, that's Matelite being an option despite him not volunteering to go.  Basically, Matelite did give Hatbot full authoritative powers (even though he effectively has them already, since Matelite doesn't do jack squat and all final decisions are made by Hatbot), so whoever he says goes!

Not going to spoil which method we're going to take; yes, it does have some game play effect (in addition to some plot).  What that is? You'll find out soon!

Anyway, THOSE WHO HAVE VOLUNTEERED, *NOW* you may post your updates and such.  I'll post the 4th once all 3 are up.  Have fun!

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2008, 12:34:09 AM »
That is the worst set of choices for spies I have ever seen.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »
So this is what happens when Hatbot decides not to sacrifice Matelite, the annoying womanizing Lancer, or his UOM stalker, and picks a random crew member.  Predictably, it's pretty boring. >_>

Yeah, that sums up my feelings right there.  So many better targets to send in and have caught and executed...

Dammit!  If somebody had to screw up, why couldn't it be Matelite?  Well, I guess there's still plenty of other things to make fun of him for.

Matelite continues to impress with his brilliance, yelling at Gutsman.  I can't for the life of me figure out why he hasn't ended up as dragon food yet... I guess they must be allergic to stupidity.

Uh... I'm not sure what to make of this, really.  The game just said the crew member returned, but now the game seems to be saying he died?  Given the rest of the pictures, I tend to think he didn't get back.  Great job, Matelite, you got one of the good guys killed!

Yes, we knew you were going to the Empire already, Gutsman.  Get on with it!  By the way, are the Dragons actually supposed to be able to talk or what?  >_>

Apparently Perfect Elegant Maid Palpaleos has something to say to everyone.  Hope he's not just yelling at everyone to clean their rooms again, that'd make five times this month!

Oh, good.  But... why exactly is he telling the general public what they're up to?  I mean, this is just asking for a spy to come in and... oh no, that can't be...

Dammit, I knew we should have sent Matelite!  That crew member might actually have been useful!

Apparently Gutsman makes a better spy than a generic crew member, despite the rather large size and appearance difference, and we hear the rest of the speech.  Not that it actually says anything really useful...

And Palpaleos finishes the speech.  Which tells us nothing we didn't already know from the cutscenes.  Oh well, now the characters know it in plot too? >_>