Register

Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69388 times)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 1, 18 brawling)
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2008, 06:28:53 AM »
If Yakumo is trying to peg me as scum by taking my doctor role, he's clearly lying.

At this point, I WILL Smash Captain K off if he's trying to get QR to dayvig me.
Ok, threats of action against the town's will? Dude, you've convinced me 100% that you're scum. I'm just glad you didn't get the chance to pull a quicklynch on us before we had a chance to come to a decision over this. +1 to Yaku for thinking ahead and removing the vote.

And I can't post without being Ninja'd again, and again let me post dammmmmmit!
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2008, 06:30:25 AM »
Right, this has become a match between Yakko and Eph for the time being, so I'm happy with pulling Captain K from the brink.  That said, Sopko's almost there, and now we do have someone promising rash action.
Oh crap, forgot about Soppy. QR, what are you going to do?
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2008, 06:34:06 AM »
It is now day 1.  With 18 alive, each vote is worth 12% damage.

The stage for day 1 is Battlefield.  It has no gameplay effects.

Captain Olimar (Sopko) has a beautiful flower growing out of his head!

Yakumo (Ganondorf): 0% - Ciato
Meeple (Poketrainer): 0% - , Ephraim, Sopko
Carthrat (Ike): 12% - Taishyr, Nitori, Bardiche, Meeple, Ciato
Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 12% - QR, Andrew, QuietRain, Yakumo, El Cid, Sopko
Shale (Mario): 0% - , Meeple, Captain K, Nitori, Taishyr
Excal (Marth): 0% - , Yakumo, Ciato
Taishyr (Kirby): 0% - , Bardiche, Captain K, Sopko
El Cid (Falco): 0% - , Taishyr, Strago
Strago (Wolf): 0% - Excal
Sopko (Olimar): 96% - , Carthrat, Meeple, Taishyr
Captain K (Pink Luigi): 84% - El Cid, Andrew, Sopko, Nitori, Strago, Ciato, Carthrat, Carthrat, El Cid, Yakumo, Excal
Ephraim (MetaKnight): 36% - Fnorder, Dread Thomas, Captain K, Taishyr, Bardiche, Carthrat, Meeple, Excal
QuietRain (Pikachu): 12% - Shale, Bardiche
Andrew (Toon Link): 0% - Dread Thomas
Nitori (Snake): 0% - Andrew
EvilTom (Link): 0% - , Excal, Nitori, Carthrat, Ephraim

Under normal circumstances a ##Smashvote will KO anyone who is at or over 100% damage, no matter how they reached that amount.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2008, 06:34:14 AM »
I think they're both scum.

Eph declares he was roleblocked early; later on, Yak shows up and 'saves the day' by offing him, picks up massive townie credit...

...and then gets perpetually roleblocked into oblivion without actually getting killed. No roleblocker will actually *die*, because I'll bet there isn't one.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Ephraim

I'm going to call this, yeah. We should kill Eph first. If you guys are joint masons who don't know each others alignment, there was no reason to conceal this until now, too. Or even talk amongst yourselves in private, unless you DO somehow confirm the others alignment.

Keep in mind that Eph only declared he was roleblocked late in the day, when it would have been much wiser- as town- to do this early.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2008, 06:38:27 AM »
You know, this is about the time I would normally begin debating turning in for the night, so trying to sift through this mess is seven shades of not fun.  Now, I see the following:

1) They're both docs.  This could be broken, or Alex could have said they could not protect each other to try to balance it.  In any case if this is true we can all cry because no band-aids for us.  We all bleed to death.  Scum will not tolerate them to live.

2) Eph is scum and SO messed up.  SO SO messed up.

3) Yako is scum and Eph is getting set up for a really nasty fall.

4) They're both scum and should be shot for making my head hurt.

If I vig Eph and he's town, it's going to take a lot to convince me tomorrow (assuming he lives) that Yakko shouldn't be the next target for town.  If Yakko gets NKed, then they were both docs and the weeping can commence.   

If I vig Eph and he's scum, Yakko's town cred just went through the roof for me because frankly if he were scum, he could have kept quiet and likely seen his scum buddy survive the mid day vig.  Unless all of Yakko, Eph and CapnK are scum and they're trying desperately to save one by throwing another under the wheels and that's a little too convoluted for little ole me.

If I vig CapnK, we STILL have this issue to deal with.  Frankly, I don't know if vigging CapnK is a good idea right now because THIS is what we need settled or at least partly settled before we give the scum a chance to NK us.  There's more to glean from Eph's death than CapnK's right now.

Reminder: 1 hour and 15 minutes until my deadline.
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2008, 06:39:06 AM »
Okay, so both Eph and Yakko knew that they were masons with eachother, Yakko was unsure of the alignment but didn't reveal any information to him about the doctorness. Ephraim, were you in the same situation where you weren't told Yakumo's alignment? (I mean assuming uh you aren't lying) There is a possibility of two doctors, but I think the possibility is less likely than one of the two being scum, and the risk taken by Yakumo makes me feel like he is far less likely.

In general I find it moderately weird that Eph didn't vote for Yakko here, but took the strange gambit to save his own ass.

...and Rat comes up with a possibility I hadn't considered.

Hmmm. Seems kinda risky, but the possibility definitely exists. I'd like to see the flip on Eph before making any judgments though. Although I don't see what's so weird about them not revealing their masonry, I guess.

##UNVOTE:Captain K regardless.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2008, 06:42:50 AM »
I'm honestly vaguely speechless but this risk seems like a really crazy one for Yakko to take.

It is.  Why would he instantly strike against my roleclaim if he was town.  He does not know my alignment unless he was scum.  If scum knew my Doc role, that make me prime canidate for NKing so why is he even bothering in the first place?

And Tom instantly defends yakumo without really catching up on the posts?

My threat was clear, and why do you think it's against town?  You all think Captain is scum right, or am I wrong?

And if we were both scum? Why the hell would Yak put himself on the spotlight then.  Scum bait in order to gain mass town cred?

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2008, 06:45:03 AM »
Keep in mind that Eph only declared he was roleblocked late in the day, when it would have been much wiser- as town- to do this early.

How the hell am I suppose to know that? Unless you know, BEEN PLAYING MAFIA FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS.  If I gave into Captain K's rolefishing, I would have been pegged as scum anyways so what's the point?

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2008, 06:45:28 AM »
Yeesh. Craziness. What a messed up situation.

I don't really see any reason to doubt Yakko, as it would be suicide to do so if Eph flips town, even as a scum gambit. It'd be a worthless trade, I think, and one he wouldn't have even needed to have made if scum. The mason thing is... crazy, but in a role-madness game like this, I suppose we can expect anything. The unlikely scenario of both are town AND both doctors... I would say that's the least likely scenario.

The whole situation does seem to be setting up for a stall... but Eph's reaction further damns him enough for me to reconsider the vote for now. I can always revote if dayvig happens.

##Unvote: Captain K
##Vote: Ephraim.

Ninja 1: Rat has a point about the possibility of both being scum, but I think it's unlikely and Eph is the better one to go after first. We can base what to do next off the results.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2008, 06:45:57 AM »
Damnit.

##Unvote: Captain K
##Vote: Ephraim

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #285 on: June 10, 2008, 06:47:08 AM »
OK.  I'm going to do this early as there seems to be a large concensus.  If I'm wrong, I am so going to cry.

*Pikachu's form begins to sparkle and she ... DE-volves into a cute little Pichu who frowns worridly and spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins~*

##Pichu Dance: Ephraim

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #286 on: June 10, 2008, 06:48:47 AM »
WAIT FOR ALEX FOLKS

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2008, 06:57:02 AM »
PICHU PICHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ephraim, Town Aligned Misunderstood Swordsman Doctor, was KO'd by falling into a pit chasing Pichu!

Quietrain's true identity as Pichu has been revealed!

The day continues.  All votes have been removed.

===================================================

It is now day 1.  With 17 alive, each vote is worth 13% damage.

The stage for day 1 is Battlefield.  It has no gameplay effects.

Captain Olimar (Sopko) has a beautiful flower growing out of his head!

Yakumo (Ganondorf): 0% - Ciato
Meeple (Poketrainer): 0% - , Ephraim, Sopko
Carthrat (Ike): 0% - , Nitori, Bardiche, Meeple, Ciato, Taishyr
Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 0% - , Andrew, QuietRain, Yakumo, El Cid, Sopko, QR[
Shale (Mario): 0% - , Meeple, Captain K, Nitori, Taishyr
Excal (Marth): 0% - , Yakumo, Ciato
Taishyr (Kirby): 0% - , Bardiche, Captain K, Sopko
El Cid (Falco): 0% - , Taishyr, Strago
Strago (Wolf): 0% - Excal
Sopko (Olimar): 96% - , Carthrat, Meeple, Taishyr
Captain K (Pink Luigi): 0% - El Cid, Andrew, Sopko, Nitori, Strago, Ciato, Carthrat, Carthrat, El Cid, Yakumo, Excal
Ephraim (MetaKnight): KO! - Fnorder, Dread Thomas, Captain K, Taishyr, Bardiche, Carthrat, Meeple, Excal
QuietRain (ALMIGHTY PICHU): 0% - , Bardiche, Shale
Andrew (Toon Link): 0% - Dread Thomas
Nitori (Snake): 0% - Andrew
EvilTom (Link): 0% - , Excal, Nitori, Carthrat, Ephraim

Under normal circumstances a ##Smashvote will KO anyone who is at or over 100% damage, no matter how they reached that amount.

Resume play.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:59:00 AM by Sir Alex »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2008, 06:59:11 AM »
So... now the question is was Yakumo full of shit and do we want to risk another doc?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 10, 2008, 07:01:43 AM »
Its...hard to say.  Personally? I think we should let him slide for one more day.  Killing off BOTH DOCS instantly is a bad move.  Its really hard to say.

Either way, this hurts like nothing else, to lose a Doc (possibly our only one!) this early.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 1, 17 brawling)
« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2008, 07:04:53 AM »
I don't want to kneejerk on this but... the situation makes it VERY hard not to... I'm honestly for either Yakko or Captain K. Both are good lynch targets. Captain K for the suspicions of the day (which haven't magically disappeared with this development), or Yakko for this... shit.

I have to say, if this was a scum gambit... fucking bravo.

If he is scum, I can actually see why he might make it. Town kills Eph, possibly decide to handle Yakko tomorrow and possibly kill another townie, and nightkill. Three townies in one shot. Totally worth the risk, I think. So I think I'll go with Yakko.

##Vote: Yakko.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »
ARGH. AGAIN.

##Vote: Yakko

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2008, 07:06:53 AM »
Okay, guys. If Yakumo is really scum he is likely a dead man and has no reason not to hammer the shit out of Sopko as soon as the time is right.

The prospect of him taking two townies down with him because we are slow in our decision to lynch whoever is something that is increasingly disturbing in my mind.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2008, 07:08:00 AM »
This is, of course, if you believe he was a doc.  I'm still trying to decide if I do myself, since he looks good in the mid/early game, but his stuff near the end just feels off.

Specifically, for most of Day 1 he's had a hate on for Bardiche and Captain K, and leapt to Eph's defense when it looked like he was going to go.  Then he fought with me about not panicking, but as time went on he started advocating that we just kill off K and Eph.  Then you have the fiasco of the Doc call from nowhere, which makes absolutely no sense as a scum move, but may simply work perfectly because of that, which means I'm not even sure I want to touch it as a reason for or against.

It's really his sudden flip from defend Eph/don't panic and think to kill 'em both, and don't bother with what the reveal tells us that really catches my attention.

That said, attention should also be paid to the people who voted for Eph and why, now that we know we was a very misunderstood townie.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 10, 2008, 07:13:30 AM »
I...

Did Eph agree with Yakumo that they were masons? His flip doesn't say anything about it either...  I... don't see Eph anywhere even acknowledging the mason claim. He didn't deny it either though, but... argh. Anyone have thoughts on this real quick?

I'm... really divided. Yakumo's move seems absolutely suicidal and silly as scum. I... think I'd rather let him go right now. Looking back at this whole fiasco right quick.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15:30 AM »
Well, if its defense for voting Eph initially? My reasons were this:

He starts off with a post that says nothing, you covered this well.  He also votes Eviltom DESPITE saying he doesn't like the train on him, and not giving a good reason.  Hypocracy never looks good.

Then, he shoots his mouth off getting pissed about the game, etc.  You all know what post I'm talking about; I don't have to explain why that looked bad.  He did calm down, but at the same time, he did little to really defend himself; avoided questions, didn't really post much content (to me anyway), what have you.  He just wasn't looking very good.  His Roleclaim was the best he could do...

If Yakko was really another Doc, he accidentally screwed us.  If Yakko is scum? Bravo.  I can't see him living at the end of tomorrow though.

HOWEVER, there is one minor thing Eph's flip does for us:
Captain K, in addition to all his other antics (if you can call us that), also had a vote on Eph that didn't really have any reason at all.  Its another strike against him, frankly.  It'd be one thing if he brought forth a reason, but it looked like he was simply training Eph.

I can't say I like it.  In fact, I feel he's a better lynch than Yakko at the moment since Yakko feels really risky to lynch TODAY.  Come tomorrow, I feel we'll have a better idea of things.

As such...

##Vote: Captain K

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2008, 07:20:39 AM »
First things first, I  am exhausted and heading off to bed.  Work comes too soon.  Tomorrow I will have intermittent access throughout the day so a post or two will be possible from work.

Soppy's nearing 100%.  If this were from people voting him based on suspicion, I would not worry, but it seems based on the blasted flower and I don't like that.  Reaching a lynch decision relatively soon would be a good idea.

Now, my thoughts on the flip:

*cries*

Eph being town and doc really kills a lot of Yakko's cred with me.  It is possible that they're both town docs.  If that's the case, though, Yakko's chances of making it through the night are as bad as if not worse than mine.  I'd rather not kill a possible doc on day 1 seeing as we've lost a real one. 

And though I have to crash,  I don't want to leave a vote lazing about that does nothing useful. 

##Unvote Bardiche
##Vote CaptainK

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2008, 07:21:58 AM »
Meeple: Cap'n K's reason for his vote on Eph ended up being "I don't want to die," I think. At least, that's why he kept it there. I don't hold that against him.

I agree that Yakumo's move is bizzare for scum to make, and I don't really believe he did. If they weren't masons, I'm sure that Ephraim would have pounced on it (and if he didn't, wtf dude. wtf.)

Rather than proceeding with Yakumo's lynch, I'd much rather return to our previous target, in the form of Cap'n K. It's a pity he wasn't around for this particular.. uh.. pseudolynch, but I don't have anything new on him at this stage.

##Vote: Cap'n K
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:51 AM »
I'm...  not sure we have a tomorrow, and there's a few people I'm really curious about who haven't said anything.  (Yo, Fnorder.  You've got three posts, and a single vote.  You're just lucky you were the first one to vote for Eph)

That said, Yakko's actions have left a really bad taste in my mouth, while I'm still unsure about CK.  So, that's where my vote goes.

##Vote: Yakumo

Also, like QR, I need to sleep.  I won't be around for the better part of a day after this, so I leave the rest to you.  Good hunting.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2008, 07:26:30 AM »
Meeple: Cap'n K's reason for his vote on Eph ended up being "I don't want to die," I think. At least, that's why he kept it there. I don't hold that against him.

Oh, right, yeah, didn't consider that.

True, go for the other big Townie just so you don't die isn't necessarily a scum tactic, though, that doesn't change the fact that Captain K has the other arguments still on him.  The Eph vote couldn't hurt to be brought up, I felt.