Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69408 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 2, 13 brawling)
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2008, 03:18:18 AM »
Unless Cappy has another free kill he feels like using, Bardiche.

Theorize as much as you want, but given the nature of the SMASHVote system anyway, I see no reason to hold back here. More to the point, the only way to really answer your question is to rolefish, which I'm not sure is a great idea at this point, considering the failure that is day one.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 1, 14 brawling)
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2008, 03:22:26 AM »
It is now day 2.  With 13 brawling, each vote is worth 17%!

The stage for day 2 is Norfair.  Beware of lava!

Captain K (Pink Luigi): 17% - Andrew

Under normal circumstances, a ##Smashvote will KO anyone who is at or over 100% damage, no matter how they reached that amount.

If Shale doesn't show up tonight I'm modkilling him before I go to sleep.

Bardiche

« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2008, 03:23:26 AM »
Out of 18, we lost 4 Towns and 1 Scum. At the moment, I don't think we're at free privilege here to lynch a potential other town. Taking action too quickly isn't proper, and immediately setting down a vote on him seems foolish at best, to me.

There's still plenty to gain from reviewing the last day, and more to gain from laying down whom are still suspects, who we feel uneasy about and such prior to going into a Captain K train.

------

Ninja by Alex. Potential to lose Shale as well, regardless of his alignment. We need to think this stuff over.

Bardiche

« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2008, 03:24:06 AM »
And Captain K, I'd really like it if you could come forward and explain your actions, because you have to agree with me it turned out not to be the greatest course of action.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2008, 03:33:53 AM »
I...what? Normally I would vote for the Captain immediately, but he has demonstrated dayvig powers. Still, killing QR with it was incredibly not a good move, and I really want to see an explanation from the Captain about this as soon as possible. I disagree with Andy's "Cappy needs to go. Fast." notion and agree with Bardiche that we should hear out the Captain, but I don't see any reason to not lay a vote on him now, since this is very important. Also, we should see if he can use his dayvig powers again and maybe this time under the control of town.

##VOTE: Captain K

Also, Tom as scum? Time to look at conversations, I guess.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2008, 03:41:09 AM »
Dude. Potential dayvig.

Who jumped in and didn't just smash Soppy to save his ass, but also killed QR out of the blue.

After the whole fiasco with Yakumo and Ephraim.

There is like, literally, no excuse for what he did. At all. And if he has the ability to daykill more than once, I don't imagine he's going to go out without using it again.

NinjaEdit: Are you fucking kidding me? No. Killing QR was not "incredibly not a good move." It was the scummiest single thing that he could have done. Period. After the whole Yakumo/Eph affair, he IMMEDIATELY ASSUMES QR IS SCUM and kills her. What sort of explanation are you expecting here? "My bad. I really, really thought she was scummy and that killing her out of the blue at the end of the day was a good idea. Oh well. v^_^v." Seriously?

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2008, 03:43:26 AM »
(You killed PIIIICHU~? YOU MONSTER!)

Actually, uh, Andy is completely right. Captain K is an extreme danger to town if he is scum and allowed to live for very long at all (i.e. long enough to post).

There's also a possibility that Alex threw in duplicates of lots of roles to make us suspicious of one another, like with the doctor thing. I mean, it may not be true or anything but it is worth considering since we have a second dayvig role in the house and all.

Second of all, if he thought QR was questionable, why didn't he say so earlier instead of waiting for when everyone was gone? Just this stuff is ridiculous. I'd like to read over the Tom stuff but I'm not sure how much time we even -have-. I'd like to see a couple more peeps post at least.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Bardiche

« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2008, 03:46:51 AM »
Stop inciting paranoia by saying Captain K will potentially DayVig again. If he does that, he knows just as well as I do that he's screwed and that we WILL lynch him.

---

Ciato, he already mentioned he considered the possibility QR was scum, just no one reacted on it.

----

As far as Tom goes, I already theorized earlier, which I now feel seems a proper suspicion. Should be on the pages back, top of the page, where I withdraw my vote on Ephraim.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2008, 03:47:40 AM »
Ok, here's some unreliable analysis of what I think happened on the night!  I am telling you this now:

It has nothing to do with my role.  This is pure speculation, and an attempt to figure out something within this madness.  It also has to do with what we know (know...might be a strong word here, I suppose deduce based on what people have said would be better?)

We lost our Two Docs.  I doubt there's a third, since that'd be ridiculous.  HOWEVER...

Eph claimed he was roleblocked Night 0.  Everything Eph said about his role was apparently true, based on the roleflip, I see no reason to not believe this.  Since he was town he had NO REASON to lie about anything.  Given that, obviously there's someone with Roleblocking abilities.

So what does this mean?  My guess is said Roleblocker is not Scum Aligned.  As such, he may have successfully bagged a scum last night.

Now, Scum lost a member, it seems.  Or its an ITP aligned to scum they didn't know about; in a game like this, I could so see a role like that existing.  REGARDLESS, chances are, we have a Night Vig in our midst.

Alternatively, Scum either decided to not Night Kill that night (is this even allowed?) given they have *4* Towns dead in one day, 2 of whom are Docs, why risk being found out?  The other part of the either is obviously a Bullet Proof Townie, and they were unfortunate enough to attack them.

That, or to fuck with our minds, given the advanageous situation they are in, they decided to kill one of their own for whatever reason.

...ok, yeah, now I'm going in circles, and all we know is we our down 4 Townies, and we, from what seems to be dumb luck, managed to get rid of a scum last night.

Now, based on what happened in day 1?

##Vote: Captain K

In addition to what was discussed in Day 1...

He does EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE FEARED MIGHT HAPPEN.  Kill Soppy the instant Soppy had 100%, just to save his own skin.  Now, if that's all he did, I wouldn't be so worried...
Except, out of the blue, he comes up with a Day Vig Power, and murders QR.

His excuse? She's got Day Vig powers, I got them too, I'm town, SHE MUST BE SCUM!

Talk about backwards logic.  We just learned we had 2 Docs, why can't we have two Day Vigs?  Furthermore, QR's a confirmed Town now.

Now, lets analyze what we discussed about Day Vigs in Day 1, shall we?

Day Vigs are a useful tool for Town and Scum alike, since in esscence, its like a second Lynch...except that its down to one person who hammers.

What this means is that if this person Day Vigs against the Town's interest, they're painting a Red Target on their heads.  My guess is Captain K knows its inevitable to save himself, so to buy time for Scum, he kills off Soppy cause he can, but first Day Vigs a townie Day Vig, and doesn't even ask.  If its discussed, and they just vig whoever, people will be weary and lynch that person on the spot.

And Captain K's doing exactly that.  Why would he do such a thing?
Because he knows he's going to die.   He knew he couldn't defend himself, so right before going out, he does as much damage as he could.  Clearly, Scum knew they couldn't defend him either, and told him to do this, since at very least, he can take *2* Towns down with him.

That's the only reason I can see why he'd do that.  If he was merely saving his skin, he'd have killed Soppy and left QR alive.

What about Survival Instinct?  If that were really the case, Captain K would have at least given a reason behind lynching Soppy *AND* declared he was going to Smashvote.

Due to all this...yeah, no, Captain K, I can't see any reason to keep you alive.  Unless someone else has a compelling argument...

And while typing all that out, I am Ninja'd by several people who, glancing at their posts, seem to have said many of the same things I did! ;_;
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2008, 03:48:01 AM »
I mostly concur with Andrew, except I want to hear a full claim out of Cap'n K first, along with his no-doubt incredible explanation for action like a total lunatic.

Likewise, going through the thread.

I was roleblocked last night.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2008, 03:54:10 AM »
Dammit, this is bewildering as all hell. Captain K, why would you do that if you're town? I understand wanting to end that interminable day, sure, okay, but to just kill the heck out of Soppy and QR like that? Bleh. The QR kill I can understand... sort of... if you're town, but Yakko and Eph had just basically fallen on their own swords as a product of that same logic. The Soppy kill... again, sure, I get it in that you would be taking a chance on killing someone who could be scum... but it's just so rash and self-serving that I don't really get it. *kicks Captain K*

I'm torn between lynching the crap out of you right now and getting you to DayVig someone we actually agree on, since after yesterday's blood bath we definitely need to make some choices that don't suck. But obviously it's pretty hard to trust you, now.

I guess I'll look back over Tom's posts now. Scum Governor? Oy.

Ninja'd: Grr-bah. And of course, Ciato and Andrew are right about the need for haste. Frak me.

There's also a possibility that Alex threw in duplicates of lots of roles to make us suspicious of one another, like with the doctor thing. I mean, it may not be true or anything but it is worth considering since we have a second dayvig role in the house and all.

It's also important to note with Tom's flip that we have confirmation of canonically Town-rules -- such as Dayvig -- being possessed by scum.

Ninja'd 2: Bardiche, the problem with saying "but Cap'n K wouldn't do something crazy like that now" is that he's already done that thing that paints a huge target on him. It might be much more worthwhile for him to go that extra mile, if he can Dayvig whoever the hell he wants, than to try and plead with us. And after Day 1's implosion maybe the scum are feeling cocky enough to sacrifice Cap'n K by having him just vig again.

Bleh. Yeah, this needs to happen.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2008, 03:56:02 AM »
You know what, no matter how I think about it, yeah, that really was inexcusable and there bluntly isn't an explanation Cap'n K can provide that would satisfy me.

##Vote: Cap'n K

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2008, 03:57:37 AM »
Carthrat, what was the gist of the flavor text of your roleblock? Comparing it to that mentioned by Eph might tell us if there's another roleblocker amongst us.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2008, 03:58:32 AM »
There wasn't any flavour, just a bland, boring warning.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2008, 04:00:34 AM »
*smacks forehead*, I hadn't considered what could (and probably would) happen if scum K got another chance to post. Vote obviously stays and he needs to go now.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Bardiche

« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2008, 04:03:44 AM »
... I hadn't thought on the possibility of Cap'n K being a scum that could take 3 townies down before we'd finally get to him.

It all feels like terrible suspicion mongering to me. But damnit, I don't want to risk another unneeded kill since, well, even if Captain K is town he already demonstrated he'll use that ability without prior discussion or whatever.

There'll always be time to discuss suspicions tomorrow, but at the moment Captain K looks bloody bad and I agree we can't risk him.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2008, 04:06:12 AM »
It is now day 2.  With 13 brawling, each vote is worth 17%!

The stage for day 2 is Norfair.  Beware of lava!

Captain K (Pink Luigi): 102% - Andrew, Nitori, Meeple, Strago, Carthrat, Bardiche

Under normal circumstances, a ##Smashvote will KO anyone who is at or over 100% damage, no matter how they reached that amount.

If Shale doesn't show up tonight I'm modkilling him before I go to sleep.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2008, 04:06:53 AM »
Strago has a freaking point. I didn't really think about the traditionally town roles being directed toward scum, and two daykill vigs is much crazier than two doctors.

Rat, I hate to be overtly paranoid, but I am really kinda scared to wait for full roleclaim.

GRAAAHH I don't know what to do. Part of me says he might be town it's the same situation as with Eph and Yakumo! But something else tells me that this is a big threat to town.

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2008, 04:07:45 AM »
##Unvote, ##Smashvote Cap'n K

do it RIGHT

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2008, 04:15:56 AM »
Oh, yay.  Game's back.  Well, time to do what needs to be done.

##Smashvote: Captain K

Alright, so you made a big goof and role fished.  Fine, I can live with that.  Then you were only middling in giving info and talking.  Again, no great sin.

Then, you off Soppy to save your own ass.  You are the one person for whom that is merely a neutral read.  Though, hey.  I would like to point out to our suicidal friend that, hey, I was right that that flower would bite us in the ass.

But, the thing that really gets me is this.  You not only went rogue cannon with your Dayvig power, you did so against someone who was leashing themself to town's control, who is one of the better analytical thinkers we have, and for a reason that had already been shown to be bloody faulty thinking with Yakko and his "There cannot be more than one of me!" rant.  And that?  That's means you're either scum, or so bloody dangerous to town that we're better off without you!

Oh, and this may not be a dayvig like you have.  But what the hell.

##Shieldbreaker: Captain K

Enjoy being wholly at the mercy of the scum Captain, cause there sure ain't gonna be anything protecting you against them now.

And now that that's out of the way, it's time to read this sucker and see what can be learned from Tom's flip.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2008, 04:17:11 AM »
*headdesks*

Yeah, I look like more of an idiot than before.

Okay, here's the deal.  QuietRain roleclaims Town dayvig.  I already know that I'm a Town dayvig, and I find the possibility of there being two of us remote.  However, I don't want to directly call her out on it, because it would necessitate my own roleclaim - something that I've had mixed experiences with in the past.  So I try to draw people's attention to the possibility that she could be scum.

It's about 10:00 at night, and I need sleep.  I don't appear to be in immediate danger of dying - there's a lot of back-and-forth about how to use QuietRain's power.  So I go to sleep and set my alarm to wake up after Soppy's flower goes over 100 to see who bites.

So I wake up, and start reading messages.  And then the panic begins.  During the time I slept, I actually went over 100% damage.  And then there's the Ephraim/Yakumo clusterfuck.  And then I'm getting close to 100% again, and Andrew's chomping at the bit to kill me.  To put it simply, I panicked.  Dayvigged QR, who I'm sure is scum at this point, and smashed Soppy to protect myself and let things calm down.

And they both flip town, and I am screwed.

Looking at things after the long night break, I'm beginning to think there are double roles throughout the game.  Two Dayvigs, two Docs, etc.  Which leads back to the cryptic Otacon message.  Could there be eight enemies?  Could there be TWO groups of 4 scum each?

That puts the nightkill of Tom into context.  Town having two dayvigs and a nightvig seems unlikely (then again, what else in this game has been likely?).  Possibly Scum Group A used their nightkill and took out a member of Scum Group B.

And yes, I can dayvig again.  But we'd better be damned sure of who we're targeting before I use it.  I've hurt us enough already with my crappy play.

Ninja'd 9 times!  Must read first before responding.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2008, 04:18:24 AM »
"Hey, Pink Luigi stole my kill with up-B!"
"In Brawl he lands on his head after that move, get him!"
So they got him.

Captain K, aka Pink Luigi, Town Aligned Daysmasher, was knocked out of the park by a joint Dedede/Ike effort!

Just kidding!

Captain K, aka Pink Luigi, Scum Aligned Daykilling Godfather, was knocked out of the park by a joint Dedede/Ike effort!

Marth is too slow and gets a warning for posting after hammer.  >_>

Shale, aka Mario, but actually aka Master Hand, Self Aligned Poisonous Bulletproof Squeaky Clean Resilient Serial Killer, was modkilled due to mysterious vanishment!

The stage for day 2 was Norfair.  Every 3 hours, randomly determined players would take 10% damage.

Captain K (Pink Luigi): KO! - Andrew, Nitori, Meeple, Strago, Carthrat, Bardiche, Ciato

It is now Night 2.   Get those night actions in... again.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 2, 11 brawling)
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2008, 06:19:18 PM »
"Hey, you know, those two guys have just been stalking people."
"How creepy."

Meeple, aka Pokemon Trainer, Town Aligned Watcher, was KO'd Night 2!
Mad Fnorder, aka Ness, Town Aligned Tracker, was KO'd Night 2!

It is now Day 3.  With 9 alive, each vote is worth 25%.

The stage for Day 3 is Hyrule Temple!  While fun, it's hard to actually KO people here.  Under otherwise normal circumstances, a Smashvote will not KO anyone on Temple unless they are at or above 125% first, instead of 100%.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 3, 9 brawling)
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »
... oof. At least we took out Captain K before he could do any more damage. Still, bad night.

Alex, will we be notified in the event of a LYLO or potential-LYLO situation?

Bardiche

Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 3, 9 brawling)
« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
Summary post incoming.

-------

Town Casualties: (6)
Yakumo, Town Doc.
Ephraim, Town Doc.
Mad Fnorder, Town Tracker.
Meeplelard, Town Watcher.
QuietRain, Town DayVigilante.
Hunter Sopko, Town SuperSmasher (what?).

Scum Casualties: (2)
EvilTom, Scum Governor.
Captain K, Scum DayVig Godfather. (oh thank fuck)

Independant Third Party Casualties: (1)
Shale, role madness Serial Killer.

Total Townie Loss Count: 6
Total Scum/ITP Loss Count: 3
Total Remaining Count: 9

Otacon implied no more than eight enemies. There can be no more than 5 enemies on the playfield, supposing Otacon is competent. Keep in mind that he never specifically said that there would be eight, as he clearly stated probably.

With this knowledge in mind, I think it is best we try to make every smashvote count this day.

We know at least the following:
One Scum died during the night; Town Night Vig, ITP or second Mafia group?
There is a roleblocker, as implied by Carthrat and Ephraim.
The Godfather is dead.
We've lost two investigative roles.
We've lost at least one DayVig; Not sure on Sopko's ability.
We've lost two protective roles.

Scum's lost a Godfather.
Scum's lost a Governor.
Scum's lost a DayVig.

ITP lost a Serial Killer.