Register

Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69405 times)

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 3, 9 brawling)
« Reply #350 on: June 11, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »
*sigh*. Well, at least the Captain didn't get a chance to inflict even more death. Before I compose a lookover post, though, I should do this since I didn't get a chance to yesterday~!

*taps down on d-pad*. Otacon, I need intel for major bloodshed!
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 11, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »
Keep in mind, Bardiche, that Tom was both a Governor and a Roleblocker. So the roleblocker who remains is probably on our side. Well, that or third party.

Nitori, uh... what exactly were you told about the kind of info and/or reliability of what Otacon tells you? Because obviously there aren't eight scum left at this point.

Bardiche

« Reply #352 on: June 11, 2008, 06:49:14 PM »
How can you say he is probably on our side? We had two Docs and a DayTime Vig, I won't discount the possibility that if there is another roleblocker, that he's on scum side.

Also, does roleblock still continue if you get killed on the night you roleblock?

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:29 PM »
Snake!  I'm glad to hear from you again.  It's a precarious situation at this point, but don't worry, I'm keeping tabs on the LaLiLu LYLO.  I'll try to warn you if I hear anything from them.  Now, listen closely, this next part is importa-
*bzzzzzzzzz*
*crackle*
*hiss*

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 11, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
*crackle*

Welllcococococococome, mortals, to my play play play PLAYhouse...

*hiss*

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 11, 2008, 06:56:51 PM »
*crackle*

- hope you got all that Snake.  Good luck.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »
Yeah. Mrfff. Fair enough, Bardiche.

... and Alex seems to have answered my question in the form of Otacon. So keep in contact with him at the beginning of each day, Nitori. That'll be important to know.

And now my lunch break is almost over and I need to bounce. Let's not rush into anything as far as today's lynch goes, ja?

Ninja'd by... Shodan? And... then Otacon again?

... what the fuck is happening?

Bardiche

« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
... I think that is sufficient evidence to distrust Otacon. Seems it's more for fun than actual use.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
Hokay. I'll do a thread review in the evening and get a more comprehensive post out then, but for now:

-Rat's dire prediction about Soppy turned out to be right, I see. Well, at least I was right about Soppy-smashing being a sure indicator of scumminess.

-No more metagaming based on power roles, for the love of god. I think day one's end made it plain how useful that is. We saw two identical roles both on town's side, yet two other identical roles were split between town and scum. The lesson's pretty clear: a roleclaim tells us nothing about someone's alignment. Making assumptions on this basis is extremely dangerous to all of us.

-I wouldn't bet that the remaining roleblocker is town. First, see above in regards to making any assumptions about roles being a reliable indicator of alignment. Second, Eph was roleblocked night zero, and he's been proven by his cardflip to be town. Now, we don't know if Tom did that or if the surviving roleblocker did that, granted, but the simple fact of a known townie getting roleblocked suggests at least the possibility that the unknown roleblocker is non-town. If more people come out claiming to have received roleblock PMs, and we can reliably assess the alignment of those individuals, then we'll have enough info to form an opinion on this. Right now, we simply do not have any way to tell whether this second roleblocker is town, scum, or ITP, and it's pointless to speculate.

-Who or what is Shodan? I'm asking what context it comes from (game/anime), actually, since I don't recognize it. (Yes, this is a trivial question, but inquiring Cids want to know). The only thing I'm willing to infer from its appearance gameplaywise is that Otacon is totally unreliable for anything but comedic effect. Unless Nitori received some message last night about his minor ability being the target of interference. Nitori, anything to share?

-Analysis of interactions with deceased players (especially known scum) and of past votes look like our best bets right now, and this is what I'm going to look into with my thread reread.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2008, 08:52:03 PM »
Also, does roleblock still continue if you get killed on the night you roleblock?

Generally, yes.

Taishyr

« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2008, 10:48:08 PM »
ghfgh. again, I lack time to make a coherent post currently. I will be back in approx. 6 hours and will be capable of looking through things then.

On a quick side note, El Cid, SHODAN is System Shock 2. She is also badass evil incarnate.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2008, 12:40:56 AM »
I was roleblocked again last night. Someone out there is filled with hate for me. Implies a scum RB over a town one lots to me, too.

Otacon implies LYLO, SHODAN appears out of nowhere to screw with us. Since there are two kills, a form of LYLO may not be impossible.

Taishyr: Where have you been, man? You've been lurking hardcore like all game. When you do pop up, it's to tell us you can't talk now, and all you really did in day 1 was skirt around major issues and throw poke'em votes at people instead of getting heavily involved with the prevalent discussions.

Excal: What the heck was up with you at the end of yesterday? Cap'n K was on his way out, was there any purpose at all to pulling out this mysterious daytime power you possess on him? o-O
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2008, 01:00:08 AM »
Rat, if you look at both the closing of my post, and the fact that I posted after hammer, you may have noticed that I didn't bother to read anything after looking at Alex's post to make sure that day had, in fact, begun.  Odds are, if Alex had posted I wouldn't have noticed that either and posted regardless.

A better explaination of what happened there is this.  First, I was under the assumption Captain K was oddball town.  Second, let's look at recent Mafia history.  I have been night killed on night 1 twice in a row before this game.  Twice where my only participation is utter cluelessness on Day 1, followed by being able to do nothing but watch Town screw themselves over in useless impotence.  Maybe I wouldn't have been able to help in Fire Emblem, but sure as hell I would have in Anonymafia.  Then, take a look at the end of Day 1 here, which from my PoV looks like a huge explosion fail where we lost two townies idiocy and impulsiveness on our own part.  So, we reach night one after a tense night where I stayed up way too damn late because of this (needed to be up 6AM the next morning) and I get back the next day, fully expecting to have been killed once more, and to be able to do nothing but sit on and watch in impotent rage, again.  As someone who needed to be smacked down managed to talk himself out of punishment, again.

And so, when I read Alex's post and realised I was in fact still alive?  I finally got a chance to unleash all of that pent up frustration on someone who I felt truly deserved it for the most idiotic thing I have seen since WaDF Mafia.  Only to discover that this time my cynicism was completely and utterly unfounded.  And, more to the point, I had been catastrophically wrong about Captain K (Oddly, aside from a bit of painful bruising to my pride, I seem to be coping with this shocking display of fallability quite well)

Now, onto current matters.  I'm in agreement with those who feel Otacon isn't that important.  He may have information worth heeding, but not only is his source somewhat suspect, but it seems his feed is getting hijacked too.  Generally, nothing worth looking at.

Unfortunatly, one of the people I was most interested in looking at is gone now.  Which is a pity, as Fnorder was one of the people who was on Eph.  I forget which side of the divide Meeple was on, but that might also bear looking at.  And hence, I'll take a moment and do so.  Will return shortly.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2008, 01:01:50 AM »
Reviewing the thread, working on something larger, but I just noticed the Rat post. Rat, I have to assume the mod would tell us if this was LYLO. I know this is a strange game, but I doub't it's strange enough that this wouldn't be announced. True, the rules in the opening post don't specifially state that LYLO and/or potential LYLO would be announced...but it does say that all standard mafia rules apply, and that's certainly a pretty regular feature of the game here. All the same, it'd be nice to get clarification from the mod.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2008, 01:05:45 AM »
Excal: But... you smashvoted. You would've had to have known he was at 100%+ to pull out that, so I don't buy that you didn't read the thread before posting.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »
LYLO announcement is not included in the standard rules referred to in the OP.  I will neither confirm nor deny anything further on that issue.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:39 AM »
Rat, you need to be over 100% for the smash vote to kill.  Otherwise, it just counts as a vote.  I wanted to use it as a very strong vote for emphasis.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »
I see, I missed that in the initial rules writeup, sorry.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2008, 01:09:56 AM »
Carth, you've now been roleblocked twice. If you do think we are in LYLO, is it time to say anything about any role you may or may not possess? Obviously if you don't think so, don't say anything.

Ehh. By no means is LYLO-warning a guaranteed thing, El Cid. Moreover, Otacon made his appearance right after I asked for clarification. I can't really tell if Otacon is implying LYLO or saying that he'll be able to tell us when we are in LYLO, but I honestly feel like there is something to be gleaned from him.

Can anybody sense any breadcrumbing in Fnorder's or Meeple's posts? I'm about to make a big re-read of things with that in mind.

Okay, working on re-read.

Ninja'd twice: See Alex's post? Otacon has to be telling us something. And... yeah. Carth is definitely right about that, which suddenly makes Excal look... very strange. Why would you lie about that, Excal? Moreover... you'd best tell us what your Shieldbreaker move does right about now.

Ninja'd thrice: A reasonable response from Excal, but still. Could be a very reasonable coverup. What does Shieldbreaker do?

Ninja's fourice: GRARGH STOP IT.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2008, 01:12:50 AM »
Shieldbreaker?  It breaks the shield around a person, leaving them unable to be defended at night, and therefore completely vulnerable to anything that targets them.

Interesting that I'd use that on someone I was intending to Lynch, don't you think, Rat?

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2008, 01:20:31 AM »
1) It's not time to talk about my role(s).

2) Excal: Uh.. yes. Interesting. Much like your avatar i.e. wtf. o-O

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2008, 02:25:50 AM »
I haven't received anything that would indicate that my intel gathering would function any differently than normal.

Mmm...for looking back at the thread, and Tom's interactions...he doesn't seem to mention anyone really besides Eph/Captain K and people who took issues with him (myself, Andy, Excal). Although in his one megapost, he tried to paint Bardiche as a bit of a minor rolefisher alongside Capt. K.. Captain K himself was mostly concerned with rolefishing and he didn't have a lot of interactions. Yesterday really didn't have time for a lot of analysis, so this is the day for it, I guess.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=1210.msg21841#msg21841 - Tom megaquery post, for reference.

I...think Bardiche looks better to me, on a reread. Tai really did seem to waver a bit and I'm not sure why he put the second vote on Shale; yes, I put on the first vote, but I felt the absence had to be mentioned in some way. Also, he keeps promising to "come back and reply with a bigger post". Despite...his situation, I can't help but think he's a person we really need to hear from. So, waiting on that, then.

Ciato...she mostly just followed major trends and defended the Captain at first, but then turned on him. It did seem obvious that the Captain was a sinking ship, so I'm not sure if I give her any credit for that. But I don't think I can point to anything really troubling about her. Bah.

And Excal? That's something really strange to do, but I don't think it necessarily paints him as scummy. It is however weird (at least, to me) that you thought K was town and you did it anyway.

As for breadcrumbing...I really couldn't see anything. I'm not all that used to looking for it, though, so I may have missed something.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Bardiche

« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2008, 02:28:02 AM »
Okay, so rather than this back and fro talking, do we have anything at all to lynch someone on yet?

I'd just like to say I have been feeling very suspicious of Ciato since reading the thread. While Ciato's there and posting, nothing she says is really new. She's really reserved in voting, only repeats what others say or makes small commentary and just generally... Blah. A bit too passive for my tastes.

I'm also very interested in who is roleblocking around here. Also, if Carthrat was roleblocked Night 2... Why'd he get roleblocked again?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2008, 03:00:48 AM »
Okay. I'm rereading the thread, and a few people stand out as most worthy of suspicion:

Carthrat: Was on the Eph train damned early, and only vaguely echoed Yakko's misgivings of Captain K. while expressing disinterest in following up on them. Didn't give a whole lot of detail when he did vote Eph, here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=21845;topic=1210.150;num_replies=372;sesc=1ddd43654b52ab03a845bc453399edb9. He clarified his position a little in his next post, but still? His subsequent posts pretty much ignore Eph beyond acting as though his lynching was inevitable (sure, other people jumped on Eph without saying a lot about him; two of them have since flipped scum). Until Eph claims doc, of course, when he realizes his case is nonviable and immediately unvotes Eph, jumping in with the CK crowd despite barely being interested in him before. His explanation for joining the CK voters is here:
Ciato: I'd say it's because he's practically on the block?

The game was (is?) trundling towards the Cap'n K/Eph doublelynch, doesn't seem unreasonable.

That's pretty much all he had to say on the matter, and he revoted Eph after Yakko came out with his claim. In fact, here's the post where he does so: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=22056;topic=1210.275;num_replies=370;sesc=1ddd43654b52ab03a845bc453399edb9

He claims both are scum, positing a scheme in which Yakko sacrifices Eph for townie cred. We know how that turned out now. Not sure what to make of that roleblocking speculation given that he now claims to be the target of one. Frankly, though, his involvement in the whole mess looks bad and I want some answers.

##Vote: Carthrat

---

Taishyr: Badly needs to do something more than pop in and claim "Big post coming when I have time." This here is pretty much his most recent post that doesn't say that: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=21862;topic=1210.150;num_replies=370;sesc=1ddd43654b52ab03a845bc453399edb9, and prior to that his only significant contribution was way back on page four. Sporadic presence isn't a guarantee of being scum (see Fnorder, who I was going to open up on today had he not been nightkilled), but the longer this behavior goes on, the more likely it looks.

It's hard to say more about him than that...which is bad in its own right, since it suggests major lack of contribution. So here's my personalized FoS for being lurkerrific:

##Shoot: Taishyr

---

Bardiche: Needed some serious prodding to get on the Captain K. train yesterday; expressed a desire to wait until CK showed up to do anything when it was already clear that the Captain wasn't about to listen to us. He says this in favor of not voting for CK:
Stop inciting paranoia by saying Captain K will potentially DayVig again. If he does that, he knows just as well as I do that he's screwed and that we WILL lynch him.
even though CK had already proved he wasn't going to listen to us when he ended day one by killing two townies.

He also says this in CK's defense  (in response to someone saying that CK had never voiced suspicion of QR prior to killing her):
Ciato, he already mentioned he considered the possibility QR was scum, just no one reacted on it.

Actually, someone did react to CK's totally rubbish post on QR: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=21978;topic=1210.200;num_replies=370;sesc=1ddd43654b52ab03a845bc453399edb9. Not to toot my own horn, but I remain surprised that I was the only one to call him on this nonsense.

Tied in with my misgivings about his early day one arguments, Bard looks pretty bad right now. Why go to all that trouble to defend someone who, on day one, had done exactly that thing which half the group said would be the scummiest thing possible (smashvoting Soppy with no announcement) and killed a cooperative dayvig in the process?

---

I'm not seeing a whole lot I can hold against the others at present. Admittedly Excal was pretty much the first person to jump on Eph when he got unruly, but there's a difference: Excal actually talked at length with the person he was accusing. If any living player involved in that fiasco put in an effort to justify his reasons for an Eph vote and get Eph talking to get more information out of him, I'd say it was Excal. If there's a mark against him, it's jumping in after the hammer on day two. Yeah, he's explained this, but do you not at least glance at the most recent of the posts that ninja'd you, man? I'd have to imagine the bolded Smashvote in Rat's post would grab your attention and make you wonder what else you might've missed, at least. Still, I don't see him as scummy right now.

Bah, double-ninja'd by Nitori and Bard. Will read in a moment.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 2, 11 brawling)
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2008, 03:10:07 AM »
It is now Day 3.  With 9 alive, each vote is worth 25%.

The stage for Day 3 is Hyrule Temple!  While fun, it's hard to actually KO people here.  Under otherwise normal circumstances, a Smashvote will not KO anyone on Temple unless they are at or above 125% first, instead of 100%.

Carthrat (Ike): 25% - El Cid
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one