Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69526 times)

Taishyr

Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 3, 9 brawling)
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »
You know what? I think I myself have decided.

##Vote: Carthrat.

You were the only one to claim being roleblocked on day 2. Both doctors died gruesomely the day before; it may be metagaming to say this, but I am ready to guess there would not have been a third doctor in addition to all this. The only death was EvilTom, scum. Since it is a decently safe guess that there were no more doctors, I must conclude that something else intervened, and a roleblock would likely do it. I don't want to know who the roleblocker is, but I do want to thank him; I think he stopped the night 1 death of whoever Carthrat would have targeted.

Is it shaky? By itself, yes. With the copclaim and finger at Rat, I am more than willing to lynch him to test my theory.

And Shale could have killed EvilTom, but either way we still have scumkill unaccounted for. Also we have last night's kill, which makes little sense unless scum can either doublekill or there is a vig, which kinda makes speculating about all this pointless but hey whatever.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
For the record, and in the interest of role madness full disclosure, I'm a Miller as well. Was told so very specifically.

I... hmm. What sort of Miller-flavor did you have in your PM, El Cid?

Ninja'd: More good than harm may have come from Cid's roleclaim, Carth.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2008, 04:46:39 AM »
I've been wondering that myself, about Shale. If he was responsible, though, I can't fathom why the mafia wouldn't kill someone.

Triple-ninja'd. Just a sec.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 2, 11 brawling)
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2008, 04:48:36 AM »
It is now Day 3.  With 9 alive, each vote is worth 25%.

The stage for Day 3 is Hyrule Temple!  While fun, it's hard to actually KO people here.  Under otherwise normal circumstances, a Smashvote will not KO anyone on Temple unless they are at or above 125% first, instead of 100%.

Carthrat (Ike): 50% - El Cid, Taishyr
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Ciato (Dedede): 50% - Bardiche, Carthrat

If you people think I'm going to answer questions about an SK's night actions for you, you are crazy in the coconuts.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2008, 04:49:51 AM »
Hahahaha. I like Alex.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2008, 04:50:23 AM »
For the record, and in the interest of role madness full disclosure, I'm a Miller as well. Was told so very specifically.

I... hmm. What sort of Miller-flavor did you have in your PM, El Cid?

Ninja'd: More good than harm may have come from Cid's roleclaim, Carth.

Especially seconding this last remark. It's pretty normal here for mass roleclaiming to happen when it looks like LYLO is looming. What happens then if I come out and say Miller? "Why didn't you bring this up when Carthrat was theorizing that he was a miller?" I am positive someone would bring this point up. It made no sense for me not to mention it now.

And Strago: Trying to avoid echoing the role PM too closely, but the gist of it was that my status as a loathsome furry made me turn up scum to cops, and that I had no other major powers on account of not being as awesome as Fox.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2008, 04:56:49 AM »
Yeah. I'm a Miller, because everyone knows Wolf is a dang ol' furry. Given the prevailing and at this point excruciatingly obvious theme of doubles among these roles, I now trust El Cid as town pretty much completely. So that's a pretty good thing, there.

That being said, between Carth and Ciato right now? Well... I've also found Bardiche pretty town-seeming for a while. Carth I haven't been sure on, but Ciato... just fits the mold pretty well, in my mind. Gromf. Where is she? I want a claim. That being said...

##VOTE: Ciato

I'm going to sleep soon, and given my gut right now I want Ciato to have a better chance of being offed than Carth.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »
Hahahaha. I like Alex.

Seconded. However, this game is headachey.

Ciato! Still around? Andy! We could use everyone's input right now.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2008, 05:16:07 AM »
Hm, this is interesting. As stated earlier, I did place some trust in Bardiche and am compelled to, at least for now, to believe his roleclaim (although I am a little weirded out by the whole advance knowledge thing.). There is the issue of sanity and what exactly Godfathers read as, but I think, overall, that I would be more comfortable with a Ciato lynch than a Rat lynch. However, I would like a Ciato claim if at all possible, since I'm not sure if I trust that breadcrumbing.

And yeah, Tai, I don't hold Day 2 against you or anyone that missed it, given its absurd shortness.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2008, 05:37:48 AM »
Strago: the only thing that bothers me about us having the same role is that the roles were supposedly rolled randomly and justification determined after the fact (such was my understanding, at least). It's statistically unlikely that both the vile furries would wind up getting hit with the miller role...unlikely, but not impossible. I'm not going to rule it out, because crazy coincidences do happen. I also haven't seen much reason to suspect you, so I'm going to take this at face value right now. We have a cop claim and it's imperative that we make use of it while we can.

Of the two candidates, I strongly favor a Carthrat lynch, but if it seems that we're at a total impasse then I am amenable to switching to Ciato (barring some truly revelatory roleclaim) in the interest of making the most of the information at hand. Going to sleep in 10-20 minutes, but I will attempt to wake up early enough to check in before work tomorrow and take decisive action if the vote is still locked up.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 12, 2008, 05:38:31 AM »
Rat, what are you talking about on Day 1? I voted for Captain K during the time of him vs. Eph, and you claimed I didn't have a vote on either. Or do you just think I didn't put the vote down fast enough?

I am an Inventor. I invent shit.

Night 0 I invented something that ended up screwing town over pretty hard. I planted a flower on Yakumo's head. And it all makes since why the heck it ended up on Sopko's head now. <_<

Night 1 I was given a Sticky Bomb. It sticks to things and you have to pass it to peeps and after 24 hours it asplodes on whoever had it. I put on Strago. No real reason, initial target seemed less important than final.

Night 2 I was roleblocked. I had a hammer to vig someone with. I hit Kirby with it because he hadn't been around much and I thought he was lurking.

That's about it.

I actually had a huge post written up about the possibility of two scum groups, and it looks like it was confirmed by Bardiche. Cool. Basically the gist is that I think the lone scum was Captain K (dayvig powers) and he killed Tom while the scum tried to kill Captain K and failed because of his BPness. Of course this doesn't account for the Night 2 kill #2 but well I got vig powers so why couldn't someone else?

Okay, here's the deal.

If Bardiche is a townie who is insane, it means that Rat and I are both town barring some pretty crazy shit involving alignment switch and whatever. I'm pretty sure I'm not a miller, so I'm pretty confident that Rat is town (plus his roleclaim fits my flower). If Bardiche is scum, well, we've just fell into scum hands. Rat's towniness factor goes up but not as much as the other possibility. I think Bardiche is telling the truth and Rat is town as well, so I'm going to run with what I feel is the more plausible theory.

Of coruse maybe I was framed and Rat is scum, but... eh. I'll try to focus on what I believe is the strongest situation.

So basically we have El-Cideon, Strago, Nitori, Andrew, Excal, and Taishyr.

El-Cid and Strago both say they are millers. I think one of them is lying. I think it's Strago, and there are a few reasons. His Day 1 analysis of Bardiche seemed to be trying to put an weird behavioral spin in him to try to make him look worse. Most of the other things he did were vaguely blurrish so fastforwarding to Day 3 I am suspicious of his eagerness to push things immediatelly without the consideration of a second possibility. I just suspect a tint of bad intentions in his posts with the phrasing and accusatory slants that he seems to put in everything.

Excal's last post on Day 2 was really fucking weird and makes me think that it was some type of slip. He's the second on my list.

Tai is third because he's been lurking and then comes in and tries to push the lynch.

This is probably completely futile but I believe in always laying down a vote on the person I feel is scummiest.

##VOTE: Strago
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 12, 2008, 05:43:54 AM »
Night 1 I was given a Sticky Bomb. It sticks to things and you have to pass it to peeps and after 24 hours it asplodes on whoever had it. I put on Strago. No real reason, initial target seemed less important than final.

Interesting post in general, Ciato. Still digesting it all, but this catches my eye. Night one was a while ago, so why has the bomb not gone off? Or does only time passed in-game count (in which case it wouldn't have gone off, given the brevity of day two)?

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2008, 05:49:18 AM »
Shouldn't Strago be able to confirm/deny this?
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2008, 05:55:27 AM »
If he's still active, yeah, I'd like to hear from him. His last post said he was going to sleep soon, though.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 2, 11 brawling)
« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2008, 06:05:13 AM »
It is now Day 3.  With 9 alive, each vote is worth 25%.

The stage for Day 3 is Hyrule Temple!  While fun, it's hard to actually KO people here.  Under otherwise normal circumstances, a Smashvote will not KO anyone on Temple unless they are at or above 125% first, instead of 100%.

Carthrat (Ike): 50% - El Cid, Taishyr
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Ciato (Dedede): 75% - Bardiche, Carthrat, Strago
Strago (Wolf): 25% - Ciato

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2008, 06:11:36 AM »
Yeah, there was certainly nothing mentioned publically about any sticky bomb, and Strago's made no mention of it.  So, I cannot imagine that it either would not be noted where all could see, nor that Strago would not be informed of it, if part of the mechanic is for it to be passed on.

That said, I took a nap instead of rereading things, so I need to go and do that now, though I'll join in with all of those who feel that Bard being lying scum presently feels less likely than his sanity being in question.  Unlike Ciato, I don't feel it's a wise decision to simply assume that his sanity is in question and pass on, since if we know his sanity, then we have some better idea of what the status of the other person he targetted is.

Now, this means that it's a question of Rat vs. Ciato.

Rat is Rat, which means that while I've found him to take several obvious pro-town steps, he has also done that several times while also being dirty, dirty scum.  Of course, he was also one of the people riding on Eph when the chips were down.  Oddly enough, one of two people who haven't had their flip yet (the other being myself).  So far, the flips for Eph voters have been split 50/50 between scum and town, so that is something to keep in mind.

As for Ciato.  She's been mostly hanging back so far, playing her mellow voice of reason role.  That said, there's something about her I can't put my finger on as of right now, but I was already planning to scrutinize her fairly heavily in my reread even before I saw Bard's cop claim.  So, she'll be the prime suspect when I go over things.  Also pinging my interest is that she just writes Bard off as both town, and useless cop in one fell swoop.  This...  seems like an odd decision.

So yeah, at present, I could be encouraged to go either way.

Also, as a reply to those things which seem to be commenting about me.

Re: Ninjaing.  I find it vaguely amusing that the post this was brought up in was also one that involved something like "Edit: Ninja'd.  Will read after posting"  Regardless, given the posting speed in this game, and the fact that something I had to say got blocked four separate times before finally being blocked by QR killing Eph, I've learned that you just ignore the new stuff, because if you don't, then you don't post.

As for Ciato, could you kindly explain how an angry rant and attempt to cripple a scum is a slip that I am in fact scum?  I am not only curious about how you have come to this conclusion, but would also like to have something about which we could converse instead of just something that reads "I think he's scum but I don't have any reasons."

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2008, 06:16:58 AM »
Enjoy being wholly at the mercy of the scum Captain, cause there sure ain't gonna be anything protecting you against them now.

Um. Maybe it's just me reading this wrong, but you are saying that Captain K is wholly at the mercy of scum now? I... um... well, maybe I'm just misreading this but this is about the weirdest thing I've ever read in my Mafia life.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2008, 06:18:18 AM »
Also, El-Cid:

It was set to go off after 24 hours, but since Day 2 ended before 24 hours, it didn't detonate. For the record it got passed back to me, although I'm not sure if Strago gave it to someone else before me or just gave it directly to me.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2008, 06:47:44 AM »
Bardiche: I'm... mrgh. Not really sure what to say here.

What really bothers me is that, on top of supposedly being cop... you apparently know their exact number and how they are divided up? I guess it isn't impossible in this game, but it seems pretty strange to me that you have all this information about the structure of the scum team. Were you given this information in your opening role PM?

Bleh. You just... haven't felt like much of a townie all game. I'd be more concerned about day two, but, of course, your investigative pattern explains that. Of course, you also land on two of the people I was fairly suspicious about at this point.

So, I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place here. I haven't felt good about you all game, but your role and pattern does explain a decent chunk of my uncomfortableness with you. As it stands... I'm inclined to cut you some slack here.

Ciato: My main problem with you is two-fold. First and foremost, you've had a fairly low presence all game. While you've posted somewhat frequently, very little of it has had any real substance or any real pressure. Of course, we've also had an incredibly crazy day one and a very short day two. Which makes it somewhat forgivable.

It is also worth noting that you went after Yakumo after the whole Eph affair. Not big, but it is there.

Then we have the day two weirdness. And that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Although you initially agree with me, you feign just wanting to wait to hear from a couple more people. Fine, although the disjunction is a bit obvious considering my concern was him getting to post and potentially daykill someone. The entire point was haste. Then, a few posts later, you do give in and vote for Cappy since town has fairly overwhelmingly decided to lynch him quickly. And you do it wrong.

That's what gets me. You had the power of hammer in your hand and failed to finish the job. That really, really, really looks like a stall job to me. It certainly doesn't help you that Cappy posted a short time later.

Carth: Blar. There are a couple things here bothering me. First and foremost, obviously, your suggestion that both Yakumo/Eph were scum. While this isn't necessarily an unreasonable view, it is something a bit concerning to toss it out there and seemingly encourage that we kill both off. It only further raises my concerns that, in your very next post, immediately bounce off Yakumo, especially since Eph's SMASHing doesn't really seem to clear him. In fact, your initial idea about him going with that "Oh dear, I'm roleblocked forever!" still seems to be quite possible.

Of course, I do kind of wonder why you were so concerned about going after both of them initially since you've revealed your role. Couldn't you have fairly safely tested things with your busdriving, before going after them. At some level, yeah, it all works out given how day one unfolded. At another... it really seems weird to have put so much emphasis on nailing them, especially on day one and especially in light of how it turned out.

Day two, you also had an odd stance on Captain K. You agreed about the dangers with me, but wanted a full claim from him. Like Ciato, it... feels like a bit of a stall? You turn around faster though.

Excal: You... are just weird to me. That last post of yours REALLY bothers me. You vote for Cappy and... make him vulnerable to scum as well? The only reason you would post with those words that you did is because you were assuming that Cappy was scum. Because... well. Obviously, Cappy wouldn't be at the mercy of scum if he were, in fact (and as it turned out), scum. The only way your post makes sense is if you are assuming Cappy was town. In which case your vote against him was weird, because you were voting for someone you believed was town. Admittedly, as an angry, emotional outburst? It makes sense. Sadly, angry emotional outbursts good play does not make. If you really suspected he was town, you weren't much better than him there.

*deep breath* That was a lot of information to digest, but as it stands, Ciato, Carth and Excal are all pinging like mad to me. Bardiche... I obviously have some lingering concerns about him, but I'm certainly not going to press or support his lynching at this moment.

All told... man.

##Vote: Ciato

The slim presence and that weirdness with Cappy on Day 2 is a little too much for me.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2008, 08:36:47 AM »
Not like I'll be alive when I get back anyway since it'll be a while so

uh rat you fail. screaming framer zomg when there are other options i realize that my damning inability to take action is awfully offensive but this is a character trait that carries outside mafia

Excal, that sentence is just crazy and makes you look really bad. I just don't see how it doesn't.

Andrew wins the award for second scummiest post in the game. Strago I already explained. Keep an eye on 'em.

Keep in mind that Captain is likely not connected with the rest of the scum when doing post analysis. It's just a guess of course, but I think it's a reasonable one.

Have fun guys.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2008, 08:38:23 AM »
And I don't really mean to sound all hopeless and shit but I feel getting one's thoughts out there when you are close to death is kind of imperative. To not do so is a disservice to your teammates. :)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »
Well, I just read through everything.  And I've come to some conclusions.  That said, our problem for today is Bard, Rat, and Ciato.  Going outside of that is useless.

So, let's take a look at them.

Bard:
Looking at his actions on Day 2 is useless.  After all, he's already got the cover of his cop claim, and the belief that he had found an innocent townie.  And GF does mesh up with the rest of his claim.  However, aside from his general townie feel, there's also this.  He was consistantly anti-Rat on day 1.  More to the point, he breadcrumbed.

As far as the paranoia goes? There's no one here I can clear, only one person I am wary of, and the rest of you... Yeah, Ephraim does make an awfully awkward defense. More on that in a sec.

Which, combined with his Rat paranoia, fits even better with his claim of what he found.  So, his sanity may be in doubt, but I do not think his role is.

Rat:
Honestly, he's been his usual upstanding self.  There may be something to him, but he's been quick to point out things that need pointing out as well as generally giving strong reasons for what he does.  Still not giving him stronger than a neutral read though, which means I am very wary of him at present, especially with Bard's message.

Ciato:
I figured out what was off with her.  Her first few major points in the game involve heavy defense of scum.  Not just Captain K (though he's notable because she does it twice, the second time with a very emotional appeal about how we're all closed minded for ganging up on folks who think differently) but also Dread Thomas.  In fact, she levels a vote on me specifically because she feels that I was being overly harsh on Tom.  She then moves on to Rat for panic mongering over Sopko's flower (which was more prophetic than anything else) before finally heading for Capt'n K when it's time for the vote whose flip will actually be seen.

On day 2, she agrees with the need to kill Captian K quickly...  and doesn't vote.  She needs to wait a while before she finally votes, and the feel it gives is more one of saying something tough for appearances, but only voting when it's obvious that he has to go.

The one thing which confounds me is the Ciato/Rat argument.  In the tail end of Day 1, they tear into each other before finally drawing back.  That animosity, generally vanishes later, though at present it seems to be gone in Ciato preferring to assume Bard is a strange varient of cop, rather than a lying scum, and it strikes me as odd that, given the way she went after Rat earlier, that doesn't even come up as a possibility.

So, in summary,

##Vote: Ciato

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »
The thing is, Ciato, it's one thing to say 'no rat, there is no framer and you are dumb', and I can probably get over that by itself without thinking differently of you.

But if you don't believe there is a framer, then you need to call Bardiche a liar, me scum, or me *and* you stealth millers, and.. you.. think you're not a miller, you've said, as well as trusting me and Bardiche.

Basically, you've excluded *any possible case* that could give credence to your towniness.

<->

Strago needs to confirm/deny this stickybomb business before the day is out regardless. I don't want to see a smash before he does.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Bardiche

« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »
What really bothers me is that, on top of supposedly being cop... you apparently know their exact number and how they are divided up? I guess it isn't impossible in this game, but it seems pretty strange to me that you have all this information about the structure of the scum team. Were you given this information in your opening role PM?

No, I don't know their exact numbers. I summarized at the start of the day and put Otacon's message in, but I am starting to doubt his competence. I was, indeed, told in my role PM that not all is well in the Brawl. I shirked from announcing it Day 1 because, well, I might as well have just lynched myself.

Which is my explanation for why I wanted to be allowed to make my final word before a Bard lynch, and why I said I didn't mind if I got lynched: Had you lynched me, you'd see my role, and you'd piece 1 + 1 together. I was convinced no matter what happened to me that Carthrat's sincerety would be called into doubt regardless, although I did of course prefer to confirm my sanity.

I find it convenient that Ciato and Rat's stories mix well together: Ciato claiming to have done the flower thing (seriously though, why did no one consider a Jigglypuff Rest? o_O), while Carthrat claims to have changed Sopko and that Ciato's flower landed on Sopko because of this.

Why would Ciato first confirm Carthrat's role by saying it'd explain why her flower landed on the same person, yet a few posts later say Carth made a terrible defense and stressing Carthrat is a "confirmed townie" to her because my investigation pointed out the opposite?

I wish I had had more time and opportunity to confirm whether or not Godfather shows as town regardless of my sanity, but if there is a potential LYLO looming, I rather everyone knows what I know - Lone scum is/was out there - And try to get the scum down as soon as we can.

If Rat is a Townie busdriver, I should be able to survive tonight. If Rat is NOT, then I'll certainly die. My death COULD be accounted to a lucky Scum kill getting the one they thought most likely for Rat to switch me with, but frankly I don't think I'll live through the night.

If the two deaths from today are any indication for a Town Night Vigilante, it'd probably be smart to use that ability in favor of town.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »
##UNVOTE: Ciato

Yeah, I slept on this and have changed my mind pretty definitively. Explanation forthcoming in just a few minutes, but I wanted to get this out there so she isn't smashvoted before I have a chance to speak.