Register

Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69410 times)

Bardiche

Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 4, 7 brawling)
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »
##SMASHVOTE: Boo

Or... well, whatever it is. Vwehehehehehe?

It's FOR SCIENCE, as Carth said in day 1!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 3, 8 brawling)
« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »
It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 34%.

The stage for Day 4 is Luigi's Mansion!  Gameplay effects other than awesome music are unknown...

Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 34% - El Cid
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Boo: 34% - Bardiche
Ahahahahaha you actually fell for it!: 666% - Boo

Bardiche

« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »
##WITHDRAW VOTE: Boo

##SMASHVOTE: Ahahahahaha you actually fell for it!

I SHALL NOT BE MOCKED. >:(

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 3, 8 brawling)
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2008, 11:48:43 PM »
It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 34%.

The stage for Day 4 is Luigi's Mansion!  Gameplay effects other than awesome music are unknown...

Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 34% - El Cid
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Boo: 0% - Bardiche
Ahahahahaha you actually fell for it!: 34% - Bardiche
Lynch Town More N00bs: 666% - Boo
Ephraim: 666% - Captain K
Yakumo: 666% - Captain K
QR: 666% - Captain K
Sopko: 666% - Captain K
Meeple: 666% - Captain K
Fnorder: 666% - Captain K
Ciato: 666% - Captain K
Nitori: 666% - Captain K

Bardiche

« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2008, 11:53:51 PM »
... Okay... I think this stage is just going to uh, taunt us.

Sorry for derailing a bit. I think it is best we ignore this... Boo fellow, because it sure the hell ain't helping us find scum.

Taishyr

« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2008, 12:22:28 AM »
Rat: Andrew was the other bussed one, no? I was wondering about that but wanted to hear that you actually switched to Bardiche, since if you hadn't... well, I'd be wondering precisely what the hell was going on there.

Also, I did not act night 0. Night 1 Rat, Night 2 Ciato, Night 3 targeted Andrew. I've been trying to see how reactions unfold from there. (Yes, I'm town's Roleblocker. What, you think you're going anywhere when Kirby's inhaled ya?)

Ephraim I would theorize was blocked by EvilTom; Ephraim mentioned smoke(? I think that was it), but you guys haven't gotten that message, no?

This is why I've been pushing the night 1 thing - I know it wasn't a scum block since it was me. But... I'm beginning to wonder on something.

---

Rat: Yes, my main issue with you is the night one madness -> no townie death, one person roleblock. Day 3 that was backed up by a scum reading on you. Now? Mrf.

It's amusing because I could go back to Discworld Mafia, a game where I was scum, grab half my rants in general and they'd apply in this case as town.

Regardless, to build on what I had been doing with that list...

Carthrat ?. Ciato T, Bardiche (I/F). We know Ciato was telling the truth; as a result we have an incredibly dubious cop sanity, and while Rat's not free the details of the situation are kinda impossible to hash out. So yeah, in the end that logic list ended up not providing much. Mrf.

Bardiche, a question: did you receive any other messages last night? Also, Sing was your minor ability?

Remaining people:

Andrew: Would like to see more of. I don't have much of a read, this coming ironically from the person no one ever seems to have a read on.

Strago/El Cid: Warily eying Strago of these two, but for now I think I'm willing to pass on these guys. (Why Strago? He claimed Miller, El Cid popped up, when it came time to verify El Cid was the one that pretty much stated the flavor as proof, Strago just nodded along it seems. Also, at this point, I'd expect Miller Scum, this entire setup makes me confuzzled.)

Bardiche: Gut's telling me something is not fitting together properly, even aside from the faulty copness. Going to try and figure out why, it could be a false reading. Knowing me it is.

Excal: Asdf. I need to reread him; he seems to have been aggressive without being... overly so? From my recollection? Which is a good sign of needing to reread if I don't know what's been going on with him! Bah.

Right now... Excal (Rat > Bardiche > Strago > Andrew > El Cid), I think, Excal being outside since I can't place him. Lemme read again and I'll get a bit more posted.

Also: No problem, Bardiche. Clearly the ghost is just psycho, but we should keep an eye on it so we know it won't approach. (I remember the ghosts quite well. Sadly.) (Yes, this was a slight joke at SMB Boos. >_>)

Bardiche

« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2008, 12:33:56 AM »
Right now, I am actually rather suspicious of both bus drivers.

Andrew: Hasn't been bussing. Why not? Seems to me bussing is a potentially great use, because you can switch people around and with luck get scum killed. Actually, I have a theory on this, but for that... Taishyr, were you told you succesfully role blocked me?

Carthrat: Doesn't make sense to me that he'd bus switch me, of all people: My investigation proved faulty, potentially meaning that I am an insane or paranoid cop. Maybe Ciato was framed, or maybe something else occured that depends on Taishyr's response on whether it is possible or not. But still: Why would Rat bus me? We all know that whoever gets bussed would be protected against scum, and I'm the one that not only is suspicious of Rat but also copped him as being scum.

Guessing time:
One reason could be that he doesn't want scum to kill me, because I'd turn up as Town Cop on demise. I still consider it a possibility that the lone scum is still around, and can't communicate with his scum buddies at night: Bus driving me would be sensible at that moment because it'd avoid people from seeing that I am not scum on demise, and it'd make sense of Rat is, in actuality, the lone scum.

Care to explain that, Rat?

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 14, 2008, 01:13:20 AM »
Andrew: Hasn't been bussing. Why not? Seems to me bussing is a potentially great use, because you can switch people around and with luck get scum killed. Actually, I have a theory on this, but for that... Taishyr, were you told you succesfully role blocked me?

Bus Driver is actually a pretty unpredictable power to use. If you're not confident in the alignment of your targets, the result is mass chaos (this is, incidentally, why it's usually a scum role--scum already know everyone's alignments--but I've stated repeatedly that inferring alignment from roleclaim is a terrible idea in this game and I stand by that). Especially in a game this loaded with roles in the first place. I know the first thing I thought when I saw Andy's claim was that it could've been responsible for you reading scum on Ciato (and/or Carthrat), but Andy says he hasn't been using it.

Anyway, awaiting confirmation from Carthrat on this whole thing, but all of your night actions seem to slot together pretty well. Enough for me to buy the roles of Rat and Tai (if still unsure on their alignment).

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 14, 2008, 01:29:56 AM »
Carthrat, will you confirm that Andrew was the ?? in your bussing equation?

Taishyr, does your roleblock have any secodary effect that you are aware of? Specifically, does it protect the target from other night actions a la a Paranoid Doc?

Bard's point about Carthrat's bus seems to be a pretty apt one.

... wait, wait, wait. Didn't Rat say he'd been roleblocked again on Night 2? I thought he said that, but it doesn't match up with Tai's claims. Tom was already dead at that point, so it's not like he could have done it. What gives?

Finally... am I the only one who finds Excal's daytime ability bizarre? Shieldbreaker, a move that leaves someone unable to be defended. This is somehow a townie move? This has been nagging at me a while and I wanted to see if it struck anyone else oddly. Especially considering the circumstances in which Excal used it. And, you know... assuming Bardiche is right and their is a lone scum... that a theoretical scummy Excal didn't know about... well, it's perfectly possible that his entire post calling Captain K a terrible townie was in earnest. Hmm.

Taishyr

« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2008, 01:35:15 AM »
Strago: As far as I know of, no, but I got a comparative lot of flavor regarding it. This is why I've been asking if people got any other confirmations. Although I must wonder -why- you ask that...

Also, Bardiche claimed to use a one-time roleblock on Rat night/day 2 to block him. Skeptical of this? I am as well, a bit, but for now I don't know how to follow up on it.

Finally, since Bus Driver switches two people, perhaps he was hoping (Rat was hoping) to deflect an attack on Bardiche to someone else (and chose Andrew)? Not that I'm sure this is a great use of the ability, mind, especially since we don't know if Bardiche is town or not.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2008, 01:43:47 AM »
Ah, bollocks, I'd completely forgotten about Sing. Okay, at least that much makes sense to me now, even if it's maybe slightly dubious.

I'd really like to say why I asked about your flavor, Tai, but I think it's important that I get confirmation from Carth that he bussed Bardiche and Andrew.

Taishyr

« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2008, 01:48:43 AM »
...Right. I'll go back to looking through the days, then.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »
Any thoughts on Excal and Shieldbreaker, Tai?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2008, 02:31:02 AM »
Tai: I was basically asking Strago to use the my roleclaim to confirm whatever he thought he could confirm.

Bardiche: To clear that matter up... because Bussing, in return, can fail pretty hard as well. It messes up investigations, skews protection and all around causes chaos for town. The off-chance of killing scum through a redirected night kill, while nifty, just doesn't seem worth it. I have to predict who the scum are AND who they are going to kill. See the options I have to weigh?

Strago: Any chance of further alluding to what you think you can confirm, or are we stuck until we hear from Carth?

As things stand right now, it seems pretty obvious that Bardiche's investigations aren't going to be that useful. He's lying, crazy or has the worst luck in the world when it comes to targetting folks. So, for the moment, I'm considering your role a total bust. I also still find it really weird how much information about the scum set-up you apparently have. We also can't forget

While I am suspicious of Carth for the same reasons as stated yesterday, I do have to question this particular avenue of attack by Bardiche. Working off the potential that you are a cop... why wouldn't Carth protect you. Depending on your particular foible, you could still be useful. Just because you've been wrong doesn't mean scum wouldn't want to off you. Further, if they did try to kill you as a result, it would (more or less) confirm your alignment which is an unquestionably useful thing.

The problem with your theory is that turning up town cop... doesn't really hurt Carth at this point. Therefore, arguing that it is strange for Carth to protect you... really seems to be reaching to me.

On the subject of Excal...  there is still absolutely no way to reconcile his post as anything but a massive slip of the tongue. Problematically, this doesn't tell us much because it seems to decisively questionable on EITHER side of the board. His statement about leaving Cappy at the mercy of the scum remains most telling though, as it implies a certain knowledge about the Captain. There was... no way to define it as good town play, or even reasonable town play. The problem is it is so ridiculous from any perspective that it is hard to come up with something to actually decide about it.

Now, on the other side, that ability is pretty... not townie. It has potential town uses considering we did have a vig but... Mrmf. This is the bad sort of metagaming.

For now, I want to hold off on voting until Strago... reveals whatever he is set to reveal. As it stands, I'm inclined to either swing at either Bardiche or Excal. Going to go back and look at some other cases until Strago speaks.

Ninja Edit: Multiple ninjas because I took forever, but they should be accounted for above. If I missed something, let me know.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2008, 02:40:29 AM »
If Bard died and flipped Town Cop with no sanity issues, Andrew, I feel like that would be pretty damning for Carthrat. It would certainly lead me to assume a Framer being in play and having successfuly wonked up Bardiche's radar when he scanned Ciato. The same could be true of Rat, but it just doesn't seem that likely for two frames to work successfully.

I'm reading through the topic, slowly, and it feels like I'm slamming my head against a wall. Kneejerk so far, a bit less than halfway through, is that Tai is very not-present and Excal is rather condescending and aloof and often calls people out for not contributing... but he doesn't contribute all that much original content himself.

Still waiting on Carthrat. I honestly don't know if what I have to share really means anything at this point... but at the very least it will definitely generate a new avenue of discussion that I know I need to jumpstart my thought processes.

Taishyr

« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2008, 02:46:28 AM »
I've addressed my not-presence before, Strago. I wasn't here for ten pages or so because, well, I -couldn't- be, with how the days kept falling. Do I need to C+P that part or something?

Reading re: the Excal question.

Andrew:

As things stand right now, it seems pretty obvious that Bardiche's investigations aren't going to be that useful. He's lying, crazy or has the worst luck in the world when it comes to targetting folks. So, for the moment, I'm considering your role a total bust. I also still find it really weird how much information about the scum set-up you apparently have. We also can't forget

You write these posts like I do, it seems (non-linear by any means). What can't we forget?

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2008, 02:49:18 AM »
Yeah, I didn't mean to beat a dead horse there, Tai. It was more a content than a post number thing. At any rate, I've been busy myself this week and that alone is not enough for me to vote for you.

Taishyr

« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2008, 02:53:41 AM »
Yeah, and I just noticed you mentioned you were barely halfway through., so eh, no worries.

Bardiche

« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2008, 02:54:52 AM »
I want to re-ask my question, since it seems Taishyr missed it.

Taishyr, did it state you succesfully roleblocked me this night, or did it state you succesfully roleblocked Andrew? This is important to me.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2008, 02:56:38 AM »
... yeah, actually, Bardiche brings up an excellent question. The answer to which I would also very much like to know.

Taishyr

« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2008, 03:00:45 AM »
And I thought I answered it! However, checking my posts I didn't. Mrf.

It says I successfully blocked Andrew.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2008, 03:03:50 AM »
I blame the fact that, when I'm posting slowly, I try to incorporate ninja information into my posts. Which causes a lot of back and forth corrections. Which apparently leads me to forget other things I was writing.

Ironically, I cannot actually remember what I wanted to say there!

Bardiche

« Reply #497 on: June 14, 2008, 03:17:10 AM »
But instead, you blocked me.

It told me, Night 0, I succesfully investigated Carthrat and found him to be scum.
It told me, Night 1, I succesfully investigated Captain K and found him to be town.
It told me, Night 2, I succesfully investigated Ciato and found her to be scum.

I'm not ruling it out as a possibility that by some odd slight of chance, Andrew is scum busdriver and managed to mess up the investigation of either Night 0, Night 1 (in case of Insane) or Night 2.

Bardiche

« Reply #498 on: June 14, 2008, 03:20:22 AM »
Please ignore the "(in case of insane)" note. The post was originally larger, but I skimmed it down so it would be less inciting of confusion, and I forgot to edit that out.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2008, 03:39:21 AM »
Your text was lying,  I most assuredly switched Bardiche and Andrew. You don't get to find out unless I tell you, or it becomes obvious. Busdriving is a stealthy art indeed.

Reason for this: I did not instantly slam my perception of Bardiche all the way over to scum because Ciato died. I figured that it wasn't impossible he was insane cop, something weird was happening with Cap'n K (randomly went on the kill that night and lost his protection overnight?). If Andrew died, I'd assume Bardiche was telling the truth. Furthermore, I'd rather he got lynched today than have something bad happen to him overnight; that way he'd have another investigation on the table if he wound up dying and flipped town. That he got roleblocked kinda blows but there's nothing to be done about that.

Andy was picked pretty much at random. I had nfi about his alignment at the time. I could really have picked anyone for this one.

<->

That was a pretty ballsy thing you did there by reminding us of discworld mafia, Tai, where, you know, you were scum and I got you lynched for the very reason I'm touting for the moment. >_>

Anyway I don't get it. Dread Thomas would've roleblocked someone night 1 despite the fact that he happened to die, right? Yet... there was no report of that. I can't see him hitting scum, and don't see a reason for a townie to conceal this info, so I don't understand what happened there.

Also, if you thought I was scummy since then, why didn't you continue roleblocking me?
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?