Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69362 times)

Bardiche

Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 4, 7 brawling)
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »
How did I get 102% with two votes on me? o_O

Bardiche

« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2008, 05:32:19 PM »
Disregard the above, seems Alex made a mistake. I was afraid it might be a stage effect where people in smash range remain in smash range.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2008, 05:33:09 PM »
% was incorrect, fixed etc, as usual poke me if you think something's off with a votecount.

Taishyr

« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2008, 05:34:54 PM »
I see Alex is bored. Poor Alex. Boo makes a good PoFV player, I'd bet. Ask him to play!

Also, because I want to try this once...

##Inhale: Boo

Yes, this shouldn't do anything. I don't expect it to. But who knows, at this point.

(Also, good catch, Bardiche, Alex's fixed it. I was worried for a moment there that the Boos were making votes cling or something.)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
Kirby has changed to his white costume!

Taishyr

« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
...I AM MIME KIRBY! FEAR MY- whoops, hold on a sec.

*runs off, grabs signs, scribbles on them.*

"I AM MIME KIRBY! FEAR MY FRUE ULTIMATE POWER!"

Bardiche

« Reply #531 on: June 14, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
So Inhale and Regurgitate DO do something, Tai? Or... what. o_O

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »
Anyway I don't get it. Dread Thomas would've roleblocked someone night 1 despite the fact that he happened to die, right? Yet... there was no report of that. I can't see him hitting scum, and don't see a reason for a townie to conceal this info, so I don't understand what happened there.

My guess is that whoever he roleblocked night one has since died. Meeple, Fnorder and Nitori never discussed their roles or anything related to night actions, so it's entirely possible that one of them was roleblocked night one.

---

Cid, I can't actually remember how your ##shoot works and finding out where you mention it is a pain, can you do it more than once each day?

Nope. Once per day, shoot one player for 1% damage. If there's anything more to it than that, Alex didn't tell me.

---

Alright, back from work.

Hmm...  guess it's time to come clean and tell you guys the last role.

You guys have been wondering about why I made such a point of making sure everyone knew Captain K was scum food.  The simple answer is this.  Because I have no docbusting power.  daytime or not.  I am Vanilla Town.  The wording was basically there to scare doctors away from him, and make sure town didn't waste any resources on the guy.

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to come clean on that until after the game ended, but we're at role claim logic puzzle time, and my role being in doubt makes the puzzle look wonky.  So, here is the whole truth.

What the hell, Excal. You faked a docbusting power, then used it against someone who you thought was town (and looked horribly scummy to my eyes, but that's another issue) and who was getting lynched anyway, not to mention that we'd lost two docs day one (and had no reason to assume there was another one around). And you posted all this after the hammer. All you had to do was scroll down a little in the posting screen to see that your target was already smashvoted by the most recent post. At best, this is completely reckless and does a lot to dispell my faith in you. At worst, well, see the Rat quote below.

Quote from: Excal
Shieldbreaker?  It breaks the shield around a person, leaving them unable to be defended at night, and therefore completely vulnerable to anything that targets them.

Interesting that I'd use that on someone I was intending to Lynch, don't you think, Rat?

Yeah uh if that wasn't a statement that was going to sow confusion in me (and believe me, it had me wondering what the heck you were on about for quite a while) then I don't know what it is. Another ridiculous aspect of his plan is that... two docs had just died, I'm not sure "oh I better convince docs not to protect him" is a valid line of thought at all. And, well. Lynch All Liars. You guys should know that one.

I have to agree with the rodent here. Making up a power role for no discernable benefit = bad juju. I'm sorely tempted to toss a vote on you here, but that would put you in smashvote range and I'm not sure we're ready for that yet--scum could hammer if we're wrong, and though I don't think this is LYLO, I'm not eager to take the risk, either. I also remain wary of the people voting for Excal, due to my earlier misgivings about them (the recent puzzling out of the roles has led me to believe their claimed abilities; again, I do not take this as proof of their alignment). Still, Excal's definitely shot as a lynch candidate. Strago hasn't weighed in yet, though, and I think it'd be a good idea to make sure everyone gets a chance to comment on this before pushing into smashvote territory.

---

Now that leaves us Excal and El Cid. These two I am more wary of than Andrew. Why? El Cid claimed Regular Miller, Excal claimed Regular Townie. They are proposing that of all 18 players, with role madness, they happen to be the unlucky two who are Regulars, with one being Miller and one being Townie.

Whoa, man. Lay off the metagaming, seriously. Thou shalt not attempt to divine the intentions of the mod! Alex stated this game would be role-heavy, not that every single player would have a power role. Trying to infer such is a terrible idea given how far such logic has got us so far (see: two dead docs on day one). I see no compelling reason for there to not be a vanilla player around (whether or not Excal is vanilla town is suddenly dubious, but that's another issue).

At the moment, though, I find it more questionable that Excal pretended to have a Daytime Minor Ability and additionally claims to be Regular Townie.

However, El Cid does basically the same, with having a gun shooting as well. I'm... Not sold on the idea that both are simply roleless, especially Excal because it seems altogether odd to me that Excal would be a regular townie with no abilities at all. (unless he has a minor ability? rolefishing, bad bard)

Excal pretended to have a role; I did not. My Shoot command is a demonstrable fact. All you have to do to see this is look at the votecount (on any day, not just this crazy one). It doesn't do much, but it's irrefutably a part of my role. And miller is a power role simply by virtue of not being vanilla. It's a shitty one, but it certainly doesn't render me "roleless." This is the worst sort of metagaming, Bard. Your entire argument boils down to "I don't believe there are vanilla players in this game." Do you have reason to suspect me that doesn't boil down to role theorizing?

Because I want some clarification on whether or not you are a regular Miller with nothing else or... what. Because it seems a bit too damn convenient to me, especially since we've now figured out my role is most likely either paranoid or insane.

Miller with the amply demonstrated Annoying Blaster Spam. That's it. I'm not sure why this is "too convenient." You suggest that having a miller in the game is pointless because your sanity is questionable? You weren't the only cop in the game--remember Nitori? Moreover, even if there were no cops in the game at all, there's no reason there couldn't be a miller. The absence of one does not preclude the existence of the other. Trying to divine the intent of the mod is a bad idea.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 14, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
Blah. Excal's shot UP as a lynch candidate, that should've said. Way to edit, Cid.

Taishyr

« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2008, 07:51:13 PM »
"Post before bed; the frue Kirbymime didn't think it would work, but remember how he said he had a lot of flavor in his PM for such a simple role? Yeah, this was hinted at vaguely. He guessed at what needed to be done; he's surprised anything's changed, though apparently it has no real effect aside from costume change. Ah well, it was funny! Hat, yum~

Also, see El Cid for why I'm more stomaching of his claim than I am Excal's, dropping the Kirbymime talk for a moment to make this known."

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 3, 8 brawling)
« Reply #535 on: June 14, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »
It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 34%.

The stage for Day 4 is Luigi's Mansion!  Gameplay effects other than awesome music are unknown...

Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 68% - El Cid, Andrew, Carthrat
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Excal (Marth): 68% - Taishyr, Carthrat, Rat
El Cid (Falco): 0% - Bardiche
Skip the foreplay and get straight to the freezerburn - 69% - Iceman
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:01:17 PM by Sir Alex »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 14, 2008, 09:59:43 PM »
##Unvote: Bardiche
##Vote: Excal

Like I said. Both are pretty high on my list, and Tai's points about Excal's caution are also quite interesting. This certainly doesn't mean my suspicions of Bardiche have been alleviated (his latest posts are certainly not helping either), but if this is the way the tide is going, I shall support it. Excal has been just... too strange. I still can't see any reason for his day two post, especially now that he's revealed he was lying. Combined with some explanations that ring slightly off (were you seriously expecting town to have even more doctors at that point?) and you have a fairly scummy looking individual.

If there are any other bombs you want to drop at this point, Excal, I recommend getting it out of the way soon.

On a related note... percentages on the votecounts are wrong, aren't they? 2 votes should be 68%, not 64%.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 3, 8 brawling)
« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2008, 12:11:58 AM »
It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 33.3333~% because some people are antsy.

The stage for Day 4 is Luigi's Mansion!  Gameplay effects other than awesome music are unknown...

Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 33% - El Cid, Carthrat, Andrew
Excal (Marth): 100% - Taishyr, Carthrat, Andrew, Rat
You-muuuu~!  I'm hungry!: @% - Yuyuko Saigyouji
YOU!  JUST!  ATE!: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/% - Youmu Konpaku
Jello: AHa ha ha ha% - Bill Cosby in Ghost Dad
Dead People: I see them% - That kid from The Sixth Sense
No lynch: 1 vote - Casper

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2008, 12:13:45 AM »
First of all, props to Alex for that amazingly badass votecount.

When it comes down to it, Excal just has a lot of little things that don't seem to fit together. I honestly don't have anything new to add to the case against him, but he's always struck me as scummy and this just sounds right about now. I don't believe that anything he has to say at this point will do much to change my mind. We've already had two cops and three docs... what the hell else is he going to claim/fakeclaim that will deter me?

To hell with it.

##SMASHVOTE: Excal

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »
"Marth?"
"Marth."
Fire Emblem loses, even when it wins.

Excal, aka Marth, Town Aligned Vanilla Townie, was Smash KO'd!
Bardiche was spooked by Boo and will suffer eternal shame! (but no gameplay effects)

It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 33.3333~% because some people are antsy.

The stage for Day 4 was Luigi's Mansion!  It had no gameplay effects other than Boo's attempts to spook people.

Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 33% - El Cid, Carthrat, Andrew
Excal (Marth): KO% - Taishyr, Carthrat, Andrew, Strago, Rat

It is now Night 4, send actions.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 4, 6 brawling)
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2008, 12:53:22 AM »
No one was KO'd Night 4.

It is now Day 5.  With 6 in the brawl, each vote is still worth 33.3~%.

The stage for Day 5 is Final Destination.

Bardiche

Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 5, 6 brawling)
« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2008, 12:54:14 AM »
Hey guys, I thought I'd make big surprise desu.

I investigated Taishyr and guess what? He turned up scum.

Taishyr

« Reply #542 on: June 15, 2008, 12:55:30 AM »
This helps little (we know you're either paranoid or insane) but okay.

Rat, did you switch anyone?

Bardiche

« Reply #543 on: June 15, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »
Yeah, but I thought I'd share my investigation results anyway... For the lulz, I suppose. I hardly take them serious myself anymore.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 15, 2008, 12:58:28 AM »
Not believing that result for a second, Bard. Especially given that Tai might've stopped the nightkill, depending on who he decided to block. Rat's input here will be vital.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 15, 2008, 12:58:35 AM »
I did, but I want you to go first.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 15, 2008, 12:59:42 AM »
Well goddammit. I'm glad I didn't vig anyone, if Final Destination means what LYLO as it certainly seems to.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 15, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »
I'd also made this assumption, Strago. And damned if that link isn't one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen (though it does reference M.U.S.C.L.E., which is cool).

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 4, 6 brawling)
« Reply #548 on: June 15, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »
It is now Day 5.  With 6 in the brawl, each vote is still worth 33.3~%.

The stage for Day 5 is Final Destination.

Votecount:
Alex - 999% - Dear God Why Did You Link That?!?!?

Bardiche

« Reply #549 on: June 15, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Yeah, El Cid. I'm pretty aware my results hold little meaning. Though I posted it mostly for lulz, I also believe it somewhat strenghtens that my results can't be trusted.

If this is LYLO, then we have 2 scum, right? And if we lynch Townie today, all we can rely on is for Taishyr to luckily protect someone, or Carthrat/Andrew to bus someone around and get scum killed.

Tempted to Smashvote Alex.