Author Topic: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (GAME OVER)  (Read 69524 times)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 2, 11 brawling)
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »
"Hammer?"
"Hammer!"
"HAMMAH!"

Dedede bounced around a few times on the bottom of Temple, but eventually blasted off...

Ciato, aka King Dedede, Town Aligned Inventor, was finally smashed out of the Temple!

With 9 alive, each vote is worth 25%.

The stage for Day 3 was Hyrule Temple!  Under otherwise normal circumstances, a Smashvote will not KO anyone on Temple unless they are at or above 125% first, instead of 100%.

Carthrat (Ike): 25% - Taishyr, El Cid
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Ciato (Dedede): 125% - Carthrat, Andrew, Excal, El Cid, Nitori, Strago, Bardiche, El Cid, Andrew
Strago (Wolf): 25% - Ciato
Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 25% - Strago

It is now Night 3, get those actions in.

The White Witch

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 3, 8 brawling)
« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2008, 01:44:53 AM »
Snake?

Snake?!

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

aka Nitori, Town Cop, was KO'd Night 3!

It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 34%.

The stage for Day 4 is Luigi's Mansion!  Gameplay effects other than awesome music are unknown...

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Day 4, 7 brawling)
« Reply #452 on: June 13, 2008, 01:51:49 AM »
...You're fucking kidding me.

I'll...have something more substantial in a few minutes. Just...whufghl.

Bardiche

« Reply #453 on: June 13, 2008, 01:55:15 AM »
... So let's review Nitori's actions.

Also, guys, I'm totally sorry. It seems we just lost an Inventor, and it looks as though either Ciato got framed or I am truly paranoid, with the Godfather somehow bypassing my paranoia. I'm not sure. I have no excuses.

It's... Evident that the scum realized this and decided not to bother killing me, but instead killed Nitori.

There's... Still no LYLO announcement. Which... I think we have five Townies and one or two Scum, but it might be that Alex won't announce a LYLO.

Also, I was roleblocked this night. Was trying to investigate Andrew, just... I dunno why.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18:04 AM »
First point of order: Bard, I don't think I can trust you at all right now. But scanning through Nitori posts is absolutely a good idea. It's possible he was suspicious of the people he voted for in part due to investigations.

As for Ciato's exit...I'm not sure how much to make of her parting words. If she was suspicious of Andy, I really wish she could've given us more to work off of. Quotes, votes, anything. I'm not convinced her flip clears Carthrat. I think he looks bad for the same reasons I did yesterday. But it's clear that Bard's investigation results (if that's what they actually are) are not reliable.

I'm guessing there are still two scum out there. Three-to-one is usually the ratio, which would make at least four scum in a game this size. Two are dead, so my guess is that today isn't LYLO...but tomorrow certainly will be if we screw this up. So let's not do that.

I now go ro review Nitori posts.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 13, 2008, 05:14:04 AM »
Okay, just worked a twelve hour day so I'm effing exhausted. Must needs sleep, but at the moment I feel like roleclaims from Andrew/Tai/Excal/El Cid (if you're more than just a Miller) are in order. I have a thing I want to potentially confirm, and knowing the rest of the roles would help with that. I think.

Graaaargh.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 13, 2008, 06:32:52 AM »
Strago, hope you don't mind if I want to think a bit before saying yea or nay to your invite, but I'm not in a particularily trusting mood at the moment.  Anyways, new info to light, and, obviously there'll need to be more subtle reading than simply who defended who to find any truth.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:44 AM »
Also, Bard?  Alex has already stated publically and unambiguously, there will be no LYLO announcement.  The closest we were going to get was Otacon CODEC statements.  Sadly, those are no more.

Hey, Strago, you can't call up Slippy, can you?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 13, 2008, 07:14:37 AM »
Please, let this be a reminder guys. Even if you're going down, and even if you hate town, give them everything you've got. Defend against your accusations and, if you have attacks to make, you really should make them. Better to at least give something to town than leave them hanging in the wind.

Onto Strago's request. I don't have much reason to hold it back

Like Rat, I'm also a Bus Driver. Unlike Rat, I have a choice in whether or not I'm going to bus people about. Night 0, I swapped Meeple and Excal to test my power. Since then, I've elected not to use them. The ability can sometimes be useful for protection, but after that, all it really seems to do is make a mess of things.

Ball is in your court, Strago. Go do that voodoo that you do.

Taishyr

« Reply #459 on: June 13, 2008, 11:14:34 AM »
Re: Strago, I'd rather wait for a bit to claim. I understand the impulse but I'm not inclined to agree with it; we still have a very good shot even without a claim to make me worry about claiming right now.

Ball is in your court, Strago. Go do that voodoo that you do.

What's this supposed to mean, out of curiousity, Andrew?

I... still suspect Carthrat. Shock, horror. I still say that him being the scum hitman night 1 is the best explanation we have for the actions of the night, unless someone can prove this wrong. If they can it'd be most ducky but I'm not sure I see how it could be done! So. However... asdf, I dunno, Ciato flipping town takes some wind out of that sail. Still eyeing him warily, but I'm not positive.

As to others... grah. This is just a weird situation, and everyone's on the table to me at this point. Going to need to think for a while. Interested as to why we're missing a kill tonight, too, but... we've no explanation for that, either. Bah. Going to try and get some logic work done here, and get my head to calm down and stop hurting. That'd be nice. Less pain = more good.

Taishyr

« Reply #460 on: June 13, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »
Rephrase: I see how it can be done, I just would consider such evidence coming at such a late point as being highly curious and doubtful at best.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 13, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
Ok, this is a bit silly.

I get the feeling everyone is waiting to see what everyone else claims before actually dropping what special secret information they've got. I myself was waiting to see what everyone posted, but ok, this'll get us nowhere, time to kick the gears into motion.

I switched Bardiche and ?? last night. ?? is there just in case anyone feels like claiming roleblocker, because I'll want some proof. I do know for sure, of course, that Bardiche himself can't have been the target of the block. This baffled me for a moment, but then I realised that any attempt at deriving a conclusion from what I know about who-targeted-who is going to pretty much useless due to my presence in any case.

The information about ??'s identity is basically useless until the alignment of the roleblocker is confirmed, obviously if the roleblocker is scum this guy is likely in the clear. Keep in mind that the roleblocker obviously knows who I'm talking about. He should, like, claim and provide a list of his actions for reference. I strongly believe this information would be more helpful to town than it is to scum (presuming they don't know it already. Sigh.)

<->

TAISHYR: Provided the dreaded List'o'Facts, a bunch of info that's never useful. Printing out a range of possibilities and the night actions you think might follow is... not helpful. It provides no direction and is a rehash at best. Speculating on future night actions is likewise basically never helpful. Didn't actually draw a conclusion from it himself, so it seemed like a big waste of a post to me. Still didn't much like the timing of his vote for me on day one in light of how that turned out.

I'd like to know just how much he's figuring this apparent night-one-roleblocking-madness stuff into his assesment of me. Seems like it's the only thing he's got for the moment. Remains my biggest suspect for the time being.

BARDICHE: I'm not certain at all about him anymore; I can't be after Ciato flipped. Most situations that would result in him getting the cop flips he did are... rather implausible. I thought my day one analysis of him was pretty accurate (especially in light of coppageness) but I didn't expect him to get all contrite after Ciato's flip (what's he got to apologize for? Publishing his results?) His reaction to Strago's vote yesterday didn't impress me yesterday, either.

<->

Andy, in light of your recent roleclaim, I'd like you to... *gasp* make a case on someone. Don't be shy! I'm listening~
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 13, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »
Review of Nitori posts has proven disappointingly uninformative. Everyone he voted for is already dead and he never voiced confidence in the reliability of any living players. Almost no one attacked him, either--only Andy did, on day one, questioning Nitori's reading of the Tom offensive against Meeple (which could be seen as Andy trying to take heat off a scumbuddy, given Tom's flip).

So I'm pretty much back to reviewing all of you guys. No one's beyond suspicion, but I do trust some of you more than others. Here's where I stand right now:

Andy: Was on Captain K. for rolefishing early, stuck with it before the Captain was really in trouble, and was very vocal in getting people to smash him day two before he could kill again. If this is one scum sacrificing another for townie cred, it's an impressive act. I can see where Ciato was coming from with his tone, but that alone isn't sufficient reason to hang someone. He did defend Tom against Nitori's accusation day one, though(as noted above), so he's not perfect.

Bardiche: Two out of three investigation results have been proven wrong, so he's either a cop of dubious sanity or lying scum. And now it turns out that he got nothing from last night. It could be he genuinely was roleblocked last night, of course. I actually doubt he's lying about that, because all it would take to expose him would be someone else claiming they were roleblocked last night, and we know there is still a roleblocker in play because they hit Ciato night two (who, as town, had no reason to lie about that) and no one has flipped roleblocker since then.

Basically, I'm throwing his investigations out the window altogether. I don't believe Ciato flipping town automatically clears Rat. Had CK not been a godfather, I'd be willing to consider that Bard is an insane cop and gets the opposite of the correct result every time. But I'm not sure if sanity overrides such power roles in this game, and this uncertainty throws a wrench into the insane cop theory. In the end, I can only fall back on the fact the he spent most of day two arguing that we should wait for a roleclaim from someone who killed two townies at the end of day one and yesterday gave us bad intel on Ciato.

Carthrat: I've gone over this before. He was solidly on the Eph train day one, denounced him and Yakko as colluding scum when Yakko roleclaimed, mostly ignored the CK case day one and stressed that we should wait for the Captain to explain himself day two despite that CK had already demonstrated his willingness to kill multiple townies.

As far as I'm concerned, Bard's cop claim neither clears nor condemns Carthrat. Ciato's death and the Town result on CK adequately prove that Bard's results are either unreliable or outright lies, so I'm throwing that out the window altogether and falling back on the simple fact that, in retrospect, almost everything Rat's done has been harmful to town.

Excal: He was in on the Eph train from the get-go, yeah, but he's done a satisfactory job of explaining his reasoning at every turn. Talks about those he suspects at length and, perhaps more significantly, with them, instead of throwing down an accusation and just letting it stand. I strongly feel that he is town. His bizarre post-hammer message at the end of day two is the only thing I don't like.

Strago: The occasional weirdness with Bard stands out. See: calling him on what could easily have been a grammar slip-up day one, and his weird reversal late yesterday when we were talking about lynching one of Bard's investigation targets. It's not as much his target here as it is the shaky reasoning that bothers me. Still, I find it hard to hold that against him since I find Bard sketchier than ever right now. I'm still not entirely sure about his claim--he did ask me to sum up my flavor text first, so I allow for the possibility that he could've just nodded along in agreement afterwards, trusting in the mod's apparent fixation on dupe roles to make the charade more believable. A little odd, but not a major suspect.

Tai: I don't really associate him with any particular cases, which is often a telling sign of lurking scum late in the game. Had issues of low presence throughout the attenuated first day and seems to join in with trains already in progress rather than start his own. This is fairly worrisome.

Order of suspicion breaks down thusly: Bard > Rat > Tai > Strago > Andy > Excal.

I will note that I consider it unlikely that both Bard and Rat are scum. Yesterday's lynch could've just as easily have been Carthrat as Ciato, which makes the possibility of a Bard/Rat scum duo sacrificing one so the other could get townie cred incredibly remote. I am much more likely to take a favorable view of Carthrat despite my issues with him if Bard flips scum. So:

##Vote: Bardiche

And, because I don't know what to make of him:

##Shoot: Taishyr

---

Other notes: Strago, I've got nothing else going on beyond the ability to poke people for 1% damage a day. What have you got in mind?

Andy as bus driver number two? Interesting. Hardly unbelievable in a setup that's already demonstrated a penchant for duping roles. I'm not inferring anything about his or Carthrat's alignment based on this claim alone. It's unproven, for one thing, and the usual about metagaming to prove one's alignment based on their role being damned stupid in this game goes here.

Ninja edit: Rat posts. Getting this down before reading in detail.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 13, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »
Blaaaah. So much for editing. The end of that first paragraph should've said "Nitori's reading of the Tom offensive against Carthrat," not against Meeple.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 13, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »
Quote from: ElCid
almost everything Rat's done has been harmful to town.

ow
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Bardiche

« Reply #465 on: June 13, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »
What I had to apologize for? Well, it seems I assumed too quickly, based on the result of the Godfather incident, that my sanity was pretty OK. So unless Ciato was framed, or is a miller without being told, my sanity isn't guaranteed. I was roleblocked, although Rat claims I couldn't have been the primary roleblock target. This... Seems odd, to me.

Going WIFOM here for a paragraph. This is speculation.

Basically, I can understand why keeping me alive would be beneficial to scum; They are aware my results aren't accurate, and they know I am suspicious. They are aware that killing me would not help their case as I am being suspected of being scum, so the proper course of action would be to disallow me from further investigating and confirming whether I am paranoid or insane, (or Ciato was framed) while not killing me so that the town will lynch me based on their earlier suspicions, and my behaviour pattern from Days 1 and 2, both of which I feel I explained already to the best of my ability.
Scum will underline my behaviour with disregard to my explanation to this. Since Captain K turned up innocent, I still feel it isn't totally unreasonable I held some fate in my own sanity and trusted Captain K to be a potential Townie, and losing two DayVigs in two days seemed like a bad idea to me.

So for what it's worth, I'm going to review the situation itself and my suspicions so that you can all reflect on that after you lynch me, which I disagree with as being a good course of action. Rather than that, we should try to look at others who are equally if not more suspicious than I am, considering that Ciato was already made suspect by some after I revealed what I knew.

Roleblocker:
First turn, got Eph; Townie
Second turn, got Carthrat; Unconfirmed
Third turn, got Ciato; Townie
Fourth turn, got me; Townie, by my own claims, but unintended target, by Carthrat's claims

I'm tempted to use that as a reasoning to assume the roleblocker is scum. It's a shame we never found out whoever Tom roleblocked on Night 0, and anyone that claims that now is dubious at best because there's no way to confirm it wasn't Meeple, or Mad Fnorder, or Shale or anyone.

Now, as far as suspicions go... I remain suspicious of Carthrat, although it's lessened now that I cannot trust my own investigate results. Him "defending" me with a bus switch seems awkward, still, since he knew he's the only other one I investigated as scum and Ciato turned up as innocent. I hold some suspicion for Strago and El Cid for claiming the miller roles. Taishyr feels pretty safe, to me. As does Andrew, unless we believe Captain K was the lone scum. Still, it seems odd to me that scum would want a DayVig to be lynched so swiftly before allowing Captain K a word. Excal... I don't know. I can't say I feel he's scum, but not the opposite either.

That's all I really have to say. I have no defense left for my actions aside from what occured at Day 3, which is my entire behaviour explained from the knowledge I started the game out with, and results of my investigation. All I can give you is my accusations laid out above, and continued pleads that I am not scum.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 13, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »
Strago: The occasional weirdness with Bard stands out. See: calling him on what could easily have been a grammar slip-up day one, and his weird reversal late yesterday when we were talking about lynching one of Bard's investigation targets. It's not as much his target here as it is the shaky reasoning that bothers me. Still, I find it hard to hold that against him since I find Bard sketchier than ever right now. I'm still not entirely sure about his claim--he did ask me to sum up my flavor text first, so I allow for the possibility that he could've just nodded along in agreement afterwards, trusting in the mod's apparent fixation on dupe roles to make the charade more believable. A little odd, but not a major suspect.

I'd just like to note that Bard's grammar weirdness was a "hidden message" intended to be noticed, by his own admission. So it's not like I'm completely out of my mind for having grabbed at it. >_>

As far as my Millerness goes, I wanted to get confirmation from you before I went out on a limb. If I'd said that I was a Miller due to my furriness, you as scum could have easily just nodded along with me. It works both ways.

Other notes: Strago, I've got nothing else going on beyond the ability to poke people for 1% damage a day. What have you got in mind?

I'm not sure exactly how much more I want to say just yet, El Cid. Not until I have a bit more info.

Andrew: you're just a basic Bus Driver, then? Hrm.

Dammit, lunch break is over. Back to work. Hopefully I'll be back in a few hours to follow up more.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 13, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »
Quote from: ElCid
almost everything Rat's done has been harmful to town.

ow

Har, Rat. Anyway, I am not Mr. Question Mark. This quote, however, is interesting, not least because I agree with it:

TAISHYR: Provided the dreaded List'o'Facts, a bunch of info that's never useful. Printing out a range of possibilities and the night actions you think might follow is... not helpful. It provides no direction and is a rehash at best. Speculating on future night actions is likewise basically never helpful. Didn't actually draw a conclusion from it himself, so it seemed like a big waste of a post to me.

---

As far as my Millerness goes, I wanted to get confirmation from you before I went out on a limb. If I'd said that I was a Miller due to my furriness, you as scum could have easily just nodded along with me. It works both ways.

Yeah, I know. I just have to consider everything.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mafia Bros Brawl - Game Topic (Night 3, 8 brawling)
« Reply #468 on: June 13, 2008, 08:04:53 PM »
It is now Day 4.  With 7 alive, each vote is worth 34%.

The stage for Day 4 is Luigi's Mansion!  Gameplay effects other than awesome music are unknown...

Bardiche (Jigglypuff): 34% - El Cid
Taishyr (Kirby): 1% - No one
Vweheheheheheheheheheee - 666% - Boo
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:56:05 PM by Sir Alex »

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 13, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »
Alright, just a heads up.  I've got a decent chunk of work/life heading at me, so I'm going to be a sporadic poster for the next couple of days.

That said, I am also at a bit of a loss right now.  Nitori...  the best I have is that his defense of a few people might possibly imply that he checked them out and that they were town.  Most notably, his first post on Day 3, which is the only thing that contains anything of that nature.  But that's specious at best, and not reliable.  So, read it and see what you get, but I'm pretty sure we got nothing.  The worst of it is, I'm sure he got town on Night 0 (otherwise, why not breadcrumb with his jokevote?  But his jokevote was Rat, whom he later defended).  Not that he gave any clue or hint as to who that could possibly have been.  So, let's leave him behind.

Ciato's last words show her to be very suspicious of Strago and Andy.  Strago  she had reasons for.  Andy...  she suspects for basically being Andy.  Unfortunatly,  I can't really see her case on him today.  Or period for that matter.

Anyways, I need to do a quick scan at what all of you have posted, but for right now, I...  don't really have anyone on whom the bulk of my suspicion lies.  Maybe Taishyr?  His post count is pretty damn low, and while it's not entirely his fault, it is unsettling.  And there's no one I see as particularily town-like at the moment.

But, work now, thread reading later.

Edit: Ok...  that's weird.  Alex, if we smash Boo, does day end?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 13, 2008, 08:56:57 PM »
Smashvoting something or someone that is not actually a valid, living player in the game will not end the day.

Bardiche

« Reply #471 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »
Feel tempted to smash Boo/Vweheheheheheheheheheee to see what effect occurs.

Any objections?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2008, 10:34:06 PM »
Feel tempted to smash Boo/Vweheheheheheheheheheee to see what effect occurs.

Any objections?

Terry Pratchett's totally right: when the universe swirls down the drain, we'll find some sheepish-looking dude holding the plug and saying "I just wanted to see what happened." I admit to being curious myself, Bard--note that Alex says smashing someone who is not a player will not end the day, not that it won't do anything at all--but I am extremely wary of taking unnecessary risks. My fear is that "Vwehehe etc" is a stand-in for an unknown player. If you must experiment, try smashing Boo (though ghosts are notoriously difficult to kill).

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2008, 10:48:02 PM »
All valid, living players will be clearly identified in the votecount.  I'm not THAT evil.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 13, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »
Hey, you never know.

I'd say smash away, Bard.