Author Topic: Bonus matches.  (Read 13716 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Bonus matches.
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
Write them. Yes.

(Gref, got all the old bonuses archived from the old boards?)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus matches.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 11:39:09 PM »
Ahhhh if there was any recent ones that were unused (don't think there was), then not those.

Old stuff that wasn't used for whatever reason though, yeah, but there is not much in there other than half formed ideas.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:44:35 PM »
I know I posted my Casting Call bonus, and I don't think that was used yet. If you don't still have that, i can repost it here.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 04:15:02 AM »
C+Ped from the other topic, unsure if you got it, etc.

Platforming Leaps and Bounds
~Meeplelard

What's the most important rule to passing being ranked in the RPGDL? That's right, its actually being in an RPG. For most characters, that's all they'll ever see. However, some characters stand out among the group, both ranked and yet to be so, and have a whole extra gaming style under their belt!

First off, the contestants!

Hailing from the Mushroom Kingdom, we have two very well known characters, quite possibly the most recognizable in all of Video Games. One a plumber, the other a princess, give it up for Mario and Toadstool!

From the future, where a war between Humans and reploids for dominance over the planet is constantly afoot, two legendary Maverick Hunters, both S Class, have decided to grace us with their presence! While both have but one RPG to their name, one is often all you need, and they have plenty of other games. That's right, its X and Zero.

And naturally, how can you have Maverick Hunters without your Mavericks? While this Maverick might not be the one the hunters are use to, he is a Maverick nonetheless...none other than Jude Maverick of Filgaia! And his partner, from the same planet and series, his successor, and a rookie who loves Golems, its Dean Stark! Can this team of two young boys who both wield exceptional ARMs have what it takes to overcome the trials? We'll find out!

And last but not least, two girls, one from Midgard, the other from Valhalla, both mains from the Valkyrie Profile series. That's right, its none other than Lenneth Valkyrie, and the host of her sister, Alicia!

All 4 teams have one thing in common: Platforming. Somewhere along the way, they have been forced into platforming, be it in conjunction with RPGs, or simply in a totally unique game altogether. So we're going to put the platforming TO THE TEST!

Each team will work they're way through 4 levels. These levels, however, can vary from the standard Filgaian Ruins to the Fortress of Bowser to a simple under water adventure battle large robotic angler fish with laser beams. All these missions will end with one boss.

The rules? We'll let the refs decide that on the spot! All that matters is whichever team completes all 4 randomly decided stages first is the winner! Well, that, and the others may not use outside help, such like the use of a specific Green Dinosaur with an over sized tongue or calling in a 3rd Maverick Hunter who can take the form of others to sabotage the teams.

Speaking of the Refs, we have a select group of characters to insure that things don't get...out of hand. While we originally wanted to get them to participate, a certain main character refused to join in, but a friend of his that goes by the name Citan Uzuki managed to convince the others to help out. That's right, armed with their Gears, we have the cast of Xenogears watching the event up close!

Who will win this Epic Battle of Jumping, Block Breaking, and Spike Traps?
-Experience trumps all, even out of an RPG, Mario and Toadstool win!
-X and Zero use their extra lives to pummel their way through all obstacles!
-YOUTHFUL SPIRIT gives Jude and Dean the edge!
-Photons, Ice Crystals, and Soul Crushing trumps all, Lenneth and Alicia take it!
-The added hidden condition of "Limited Lives" kicks in, and all teams lose before reaching the end.

AUTHOR NOTE: Feel free to edit this as best as you want; rewrite the whole damn thing if you please. Just keep the competitors the same.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 04:35:15 AM »
Ahhhh if there was any recent ones that were unused (don't think there was), then not those.

Old stuff that wasn't used for whatever reason though, yeah, but there is not much in there other than half formed ideas.

Well, ThePiggyman has a DL Team battles written, and I have two bonus matches currently unused.  Were they not used for a reason, or should I repost them?

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 04:42:35 AM »
Repost em.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
Yeah repost them.  Anything recently posted that wasn't used was most likely because I have not been on top of things and doing my job.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 11:25:12 PM »
Rising Waters

On Dryad's Day of the third week in the year 1007 of the Ajorian calendar, Gobi decided to become a villain.

A word of explanation.  The humble Gobi is far from a villain by nature.  No, he was willing to troop out with Ryu's band for the cause of Visiting Random Places and Righting Wrongs.  Nobody forced him to do this; he could have stayed at home in Prima and ran his shop.  Gobi just wanted to do his part in the general Quest for Goodness, even if doing so meant Karn devouring his soul half the time.

But there are limits.  Lines that should not be crossed.

Gobi never expected to conquer the Dueling League.  He would just play his bit role.  Maybe get to the finals of a Light Championship, then lose a close match dramatically but with honor.  Sell some memorabilia to the inevitable underdog fans.  But no.  Gobi was denied even this.  He was a winless laughingstock.  Taloon and Ramus - far from fearsome duelists themselves - had even kicked him out of the Capitalist Clubbing Club for dragging their record down.

Only one conclusion could be drawn from this.

The world - nay, the whole DL - must be submerged beneath the watery depths.  Then, and only then, would Light tremble in fear of the might of EbbX!  And be forced to take matches with Gobi at least somewhat seriously!

Gobi's first stab at this villainous plan ended in failure.  See, perhaps he could force that dancing Moogle to perform the Water Rondo constantly and sink the dueling arena into endless blue.  So Gobi approached Emperor Geshtal about buying a Slave Crown, and perhaps some Imperial troopers to hunt that Returner Mog down.  Geshtal agreed to do the deal in exchange for some discounted MagiTech armor...  which Gobi soon discovered he had no way of acquiring, even on the black market.  Technology was just too backward on his home world.  After letting Guardians toy with Gobi, Geshtal Mertoned him to ashes and tossed the charred remains into the Serpent Trench.

While undergoing his painful recuperation, Gobi had a long time to read up on the topic.  Surely there has to have been <i>somebody</i> who had tried such a plan before, and gotten it to work.  Hmm...  a bit obscure, but perhaps this Xagor fellow from Final Fantasy Legend III?  He had apparently been defeated by some young time travelers (as usual), but before that, he did set up monster-filled water to pour from the Pureland on the unsuspecting people below.  Now that he was gone, perhaps some person could steal the now abandoned Pureland water gate...  or some fish...  or some person-fish...  and become the MASTER OF EVENTUAL HYDROLOGICAL DOOM.

Gobi set to work.

------------

"Princess Ashe?  The book on magical water irrigation arrived from the interplanar library."

At least there were some benefits to this recent contact, Ashe thought.  The desert parts of Dalmasca could certainly use more water.  She'd been in negotiations with some extraplanar entity called "The Dueling League" about possibly renting out some of her mightiest warriors to win gil and honor.  The problem was, she and her friends were either pathetic Lights or nigh-unstoppable Godlikes, and discussions as to which it'd be were still ongoing.

But as for the book...  what on earth?   It was scribbled on all over!  With notes in margins.  "Soon, I shall have ultimate power!"  "Then, they'll pay."  "The beginning of my reign shall be celebrated with rain!"  Aside from the mad rantings, there were detailed cross-references with an archeology textbook to a world she'd never heard of, and plans for reverse-engineering infinite water from the techniques in the book.  Somebody had <i>way</i> too much time on their hands, almost as if they'd had nothing to do but obsess over books for months.

Well, clearly Ashe had to act.  Aside from not destroying the book to begin with, the would-be villain had left a circled location on the map with a note saying "perfect location for a hidden lair!"  There's pretty much only one thing for a heroic princess to do in these situations: charge in alone and solve things once and for all.  Ashe strapped on her Longsword and Estucheon, and left a message explaining she'd be back shortly.

*It's Gobi.  Even if he hides in an aquarium, Ashe slices up some fresh sushi with embarrassing ease.
*As per tradition, the princess is captured.  Also as per tradition, a mob of lustful heroes makes short work of the would-be AquaLord.
*BWAHAHAHAHA EBBX ECOX EBBX

-------------------

The Obscured Visage

"Here!  Here at this ancient ceremonial site, deep in the Qlippoth, I shall make my stand!  Fate, karma, the Score, and even the True Runes have no power over this wretched life!"  The Masked Bishop drew out a dagger and made the markings on the altar.  "It is too late to stop these events now."

"My fellow replica, " the mysterious masked God-General Sync intoned as sonorously as a psuedo-13 year old could, "the time to free ourselves from this dark future by killing everyone else is now.  Soon, our terrible destinies shall be..."

The violins suddenly cut, and tinny yet heroic music began to play in the background.  A muscular warrior in a stylish butterfly mask stepped out from behind a pillar, striking a pose.

"I'm not sure I understood all that, but I know an evil plan when I hear one!  Prepare to face my submarine!"

The Masked Bishop staggered backward in shock.  "Guh-Grand Papillion?!! Im- impossible!  An idiot like you couldn't possibly have found our plan!"

"And you're quite right.  I couldn't have done it without one other." 

A polite cough echoed from above, drawing attention to the mighty Mystere standing valiantly atop one of the pillars, cape flapping in the breeze.

In the distance, the rising sounds of a battle theme intro could be heard.

* Justice always prevails!  Even if sometimes it must hide its face.
* Akashic Torment and a True Rune introduce even these two do-gooders to angst and pain.
* The Suikoden detectives close the case and reveal everyone's secret identity, humiliating them.
* After an epic battle exhausts all, the four are kidnapped from the hospital and forcibly impressed into Tantalus's act.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »
Clash of the Great Ones

Four Warriors stand up. Four mighty beasts all from different worlds. Four legendary beings whose name strikes fear into many adventurers.

...they're also something you'd see within about two hours of playing each game they're from. But that's not the point! The Point is, they are ready to go at it. After the Almighty Slime fell to the Absolute Power of the Goomba, these four warriors all want a chance to prove that they are worthy of a match of such caliber!

In the red corner, hailing from Filgaia, the inflatable, and probably explosive, the Wild ARMs Balloon!

In the green corner, despite being colored yellow, hailing from the Cyberworld, and from a series not yet known, we have the Mega Man Battle Network Mettaur!

In the yellow corner, from the world of Mana, give it up for RABITE!

And in the Blue Corner, two eyes and a slime body, and has faced many a Ryu and Nina, we have the EYE GOO!

Four go in, one comes out...the only question is WHO will win this?

-Balloon inflates his way to victory
-Mettaur's Helmet is too hard to crack
-Rabite Rainstorm Away!
-Eye Goo rests his way to victory!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 05:34:01 AM »
Casting Cal

Slipping into the 7th Heaven bar, Ryu the Fifth felt a little silly being so careful and secretive for a simple meeting with a director, but Nadir insisted on absolute secrecy before he would reveal his latest find that he claimed would 'revolutionize' the entire process of casting a play. And now he was about to make himself feel even more silly just to find out what the eccentric man had up his sleeve.

Moving nonchalantly up to the bar, Ryu could only take some solace in the fact that it was very early afternoon and nobody really frequented bars at this hour, so he didn't have to say this in front of a lot of people. Nodding to Tifa to get her attention, the ranger sighed and mumbled as she approached, "Lady, I've got a blind date with destiny. And it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

As he spoke, Tifa just sighed, "Nad, er, the 'masked man's' guest, right? He's been in the basement for the last hour spouting off random quotes and waiting for you. Seems pretty nervous about something. Anyway, the way down is right over there. Have fun, or something."

Shrugging, Ryu moved over to the pinball machine and rode the not-so-secret elevator down to the basement, where he was immediately greeted by Nadir's hissed questioning, "Quickly man, send it back up! Were you followed? Have you spoken of this meeting to anyone? Answer me man!" which was of course accompanied by dramatic gesturing and pointing.

"In order, I'm already sending it up, no I wasn't, no I haven't, and will you chill out." Shaking his head, Ryu moved over to a chair and had a seat, eyeing a suspicious object covered by a cloth on a nearby table, "So what's this secret meeting all about anyway? Why the paranoia?"

Once the elevator clicked back up, Nadir seemed to relax a bit, and moved over to stand next to the table with the cloth covered object, "The reason? Why, my good friend, the reason for all this secrecy is nothing less," with his usual flair, the masked stage director pulled the cloth from the table, leaving the object it covered in plain view, "then THIS!"

Ryu looked at the object, and then looked back up at Nadir with a raised eyebrow, "It's a hat."

And it most assuredly was a hat. A simple looking top hat, black and unadorned, though for all of it's simplicity, Ryu began to get a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he observed it.

Nadir smiled at this observation(or at least Ryu imagined him smiling behind that mask), and leaned over conspiratorially, "Ah, but this is no ordinary hat, my friend. This is a wondrous work of magic and technology, a mechanical hat with the powers of pure chaos and ultimate authority bound into it's workings. This is a item of such power that it's very existence must never be spoken of beyond the two of us, or surely those who would abuse it's power will seek to steal it away."

This only furthered both the confusion and feelings of uneasiness the Ranger was suffering from, "So...it's some kind of robotic hat. Right. Uh, what exactly does it do, Nadir? And what does it have to do with me?"

"Can't you see? We use it's power of randomness to cast a play, and any who it casts are bound to act! It is the ultimate test of art in the masses! What could be better then casting parts at random to allow those who would not have the courage to audition to experience the making of art!"

Now Ryu was really not sure about this, "What do you mean, 'bound to act'? You mean if this hat throws out a name, they have no choice? Doesn't that sound kind of...evil, taking away free will like that?"

Now Nadir shook his head, "Ah, in some hands it would be, and that is why I insisted on the secrecy. But we would use it only for casting plays. And really, what harm can come to someone for acting in a play, even against their own will? It is a chance to have people broaden their horizons, and get the whole world into acting. Is that not a noble goal?"

"I still don't like it, but...I see where you're coming from. Alright, we'll try it out once, and if I don't like the results, I crush the thing and we forget this ever happened. Deal?"

Taking a bow, Nadir agreed, "You have my word. Now, did you bring what I asked for?"

Nodding, Ryu pulled out a quartet of folders, "Yeah, my latest manuscripts. Here." Handing them over to Nadir, he then returned his scrutiny to the device, "So, how does this work, anyway?"

Taking the scripts, Nadir neatly rolled them up and fed them into the hat, one by one, "Like so. Now, we just wait for it to pick one to use and give us our cast..."

-Steiner as the rakish bandit and Kanon as the helpless princess? Oh, this’ll be good.
-Sometimes silence isn’t golden. Like when you have Crono and Tir staring in a comedy musical.
-Terra and Albedo star in Peach’s Castle, a children’s musical. This cannot end well.
-The machine is pure evil. Ryu5 himself must star opposite Bowser in a risqué romance drama.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 06:10:31 AM »
A small notice scattered throughout the league. It was placed in every palace, every bar, every locker room, every last nook and crany of the DL nexus. From Sephiroth's ballroom, where countless masses had come to celebrate his successes. To Edge Eblan's trap riddled castle, where the sound of the note being dropped interruped his current insane plan. All the way to the very edge of the universe, where the TimeLord's small pocket realm was housed. In the space of a few hours, everyone had been notified. A small message. Barely worth noticing....

"The Duelling League will be shut down for one season after this week. Please do not panic, we will be back in six weeks."- Management.

It's as if they wanted to see how big a riot they could create.

---

Friends and foes all clashed in a mad dash to during the riots.What would happen without the league? Would.. things vanish? Would they all slowly fade back to their own universes, the wonderful highs and lows forgotten? Would they be nothing more than a fond memory, fading into nothing? NO. The best the DL had to offer would put a stop to this madness and rioting, even at the cost of life and limb. And so, the best the DL had to offer stepped up and tried to put a stop to things. With the backing of the DL police, five warriors stepped foward. Each was a part of the DL in spirit, and had done much to improve things over the seasons.

- Yuna, summoner of Spira. The lady emphases the raw power of spirit and the control of the hero, smashing many bosses and overcoming much during her stay in the Duelling League. She was going to crush these riots like a bad fanfic turned into a sequal no one cared to remember.

- Edge, Prince and guardian of the Ninja Kingdom of Eblan.  He may not win on the first try.. or the fifth... still. His unwillingness to accept defeat in the face of overwhelming odds, sanity and all reason, along with his resourcefulness and ability to stand up and even best far stronger foes shows that the mind can be stronger than the body or facts. If there's someone who knows how to handle large mobs with murderous intent that specifically want to tear him apart, it's Edge.

- Nate. Because it's Nate flippin Nanjo, controller of BtS and owner of half the DL proper. You don't mess with money.  His game of origin may not have the flash of a Final Fantasy game, it hasn't stopped him from becoming one of the best known and most powerful Godlike arounds. He's not going to let these losers wreck his studio again!

-Justin and Rune. One provides the brains, the other muscle. Justin's mix of masterful sword fighting and complete immunity to logic and scheming have frustrated his Esper rival over the years, foiling countless plans without realizing it. Meanwhile Rune's done his best to stop the overwhelming stupid of Justin from destroying the universe, and sometimes even succeeding at beating logic into Justin's head. Although rivals, the two have turned into somewhat easy allies countless times over the years, and work well together. They'll need both their combined powers to stand up and crush those who would tear down all that's been built up.

Can these five stop the chaos that threatens everything? They're terribly outnumbered even with the backing of the DL police, and facing some of the strongest characters in the RPG multiverse.

-The fab five quell the riots
-The heroes are no Riskbreakers, and thus fall to the rioters
-------------------

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »
A notice to the DL:  Super has now saved you from me hijacking Bonus Matches and turning them into a piece of performance art.  He has saved you from a terrible thing and the full force of my ire.  You owe this man more than you did the previous week.

The requirement was 4 bonus matches be posted before the Christmas break finished (for me), the deadline was nearing.  Super has completed it.  You are safe for now.

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 04:34:03 AM »
Clash of the Great Ones

Four warriors stand up. Four mighty beasts all from different worlds. Four legendary beings whose name strikes fear into many adventurers, famed for their capabilites.

...they're also something you'd see within about two hours of playing each game they're from, but that's not the point! The point is, they are ready to go at it in a brutal, ferocious, devastatingly powerful free for all match. After the Almighty Slime fell to the Absolute Power of the Goomba, these four warriors all want a chance to prove that they are worthy of a match of such caliber!

In the red corner, hailing from Filgaia, the inflatable, and probably explosive, the Wild ARMs Balloon! But will his aerial advantage be enough to overwhelm his opposition?

In the green corner, despite being colored yellow, hailing from the Cyberworld, and from a series not yet known, we have the Mega Man Battle Network Mettaur! With his helmet down, he can safely and merrily ignore the world; will this cinch the battle for him?

In the yellow corner, from the world of Mana, give it up for the Rabite! With jaws known around the world, perhaps this battler will be able to fang his way into the championship box!

And in the Blue Corner, two eyes and a slime body, and has faced many a Ryu and Nina, we have the Eye Goo! With a durable form and the ability to rest, he might just outlast his competition!

Four go in, one comes out...the only question is: WHO will win this?

-Balloon inflates his way to victory
-Mettaur's Helmet is too hard to crack
-Rabite Rainstorm Away!
-Eye Goo rests his way to victory!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 04:44:48 AM »
Rising Waters

~By SnowFire

On Dryad's Day of the third week in the year 1007 of the Ajorian calendar, the formerly harmless merchant Gobi decided to become a villain.

Well, not -quite-. This requires a wad of explanation. The humble Gobi is far from a villain by nature. Heck, he was willing to troop out with Ryu's band for the cause of Visiting Random Places and Righting Random Wrongs. Nobody forced him to do this; he could have stayed at home in Prima, running his shop and ripping off costumers. Gobi just wanted to do his part in the general Quest for Goodness, even if doing so meant Karn devouring his soul half the time. And hey, at least he wasn't the only one who got fused.

But there are limits. Lines that should not be crossed.

Gobi never expected to conquer the Dueling League. He would just play his bit role. Maybe get to the finals of a Light Championship, then lose a close match dramatically, but he expected honor. Sell some memorabilia to the inevitable underdog fans. Not... -this-. Not this mockery. Gobi was denied of all his dignity. He was a winless laughing stock. Taloon and Ramus - far from fearsome duelists themselves - had even kicked him out of the Capitalist Clubbing Club for dragging their record down. And only one conclusion could be drawn from this.

The world - nay, the whole DL - must be submerged beneath the watery depths. Then, and only then, would Light tremble in fear of the might of EbbX! And be forced to take matches with Gobi at least somewhat seriously!

Gobi's first stab at a villainous agenda ended in failure. See, perhaps he could force that dancing Moogle to perform the Water Rondo constantly and sink the dueling arena into endless blue. So, Gobi approached Emperor Geshtal about buying a Slave Crown, and perhaps some Imperial troopers to hunt that Returner Mog down. Geshtal agreed in exchange for some discounted MagiTech armor... which Gobi soon discovered he had no way of acquiring, even on the black market. Technology was just too backward on his home world. After letting his Guardians toy with Gobi, Geshtal Mertoned him to ashes and tossed the charred remains into the Serpent Trench.

While undergoing a painful recovery, Gobi had a long time to read up on the topic. Surely there has to have been <i>somebody</i> who had tried such a plan before, and gotten it to work. Hmm...  a bit obscure, but perhaps this Xagor fellow from Final Fantasy Legend III? He had apparently been defeated by some young time travelers (as usual), but before that, he did set up monster-filled water to pour from the Pureland on the unsuspecting people below. Now that he was gone, perhaps someone could steal the now abandoned Pureland's water gate... or some fish... or some person-fish... and become the MASTER OF EVENTUAL HYDROLOGICAL DOOM.

That sounded good. His mind set, Gobi began working on his devilish cogs.

------------

"Princess Ashe?  The book on magical water irrigation arrived from the interplanar library."

At least there were some benefits to this recent contact, Ashe thought. The desert parts of Dalmasca could certainly use more water. She'd been in negotiations with some extraplanar entity called "The Dueling League" about possibly renting out some of her mightiest warriors to win gil and honor. The problem? She and her friends were either pathetic Lights or nigh-unstoppable Godlikes, and discussions as to which it'd be were still ongoing, with no sign of stopping anytime soon.

But as for the book... what on earth? It had childish scribbles all over its pages! With notes in margins.

"Soon, I shall have ultimate power!"

"Then, they'll pay."

"The beginning of my reign shall be celebrated with endless storms!"

Aside from the mad rantings, there were detailed cross-references with an archeology textbook to a world she'd never heard of, and plans for reverse-engineering infinite water from the techniques in the book. Somebody had <i>way</i> too much time on their hands, almost as if they'd had nothing to do but obsess over books for months.

Well, clearly Ashe had to get an act together. Aside from not destroying the book to begin with, the would-be villain had left a circled location on the map with a note saying "perfect location for a hidden lair!". There's pretty much only one thing for a typical heroic princess to do in these situations: charge in alone and solve things once and for all. Ashe strapped on her Longsword and Estucheon, and left a message explaining she'd be back shortly.

Now, who shall be the last one standing in this dramatic story?

*It's Gobi. Even if he hides in an aquarium, Ashe slices up some fresh sushi with embarassing ease.
*As per tradition, the princess is captured. Also as per tradition, a mob of lustful heroes makes short work of the would-be AquaLord. Tough luck.
*BWAHAHAHAHA. EAT EBBX ECOX EBBX AD NAUSEUM YES.   
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 05:44:53 AM »
Jo'ou: Nice editing changes, definitely an upgrade (Embarrassingly enough, I hadn't played Final Fantasy XII at all when I wrote that...  having gone through most of it now, Ashe and Vaan are a little different from how I imagined them at the time)...  but unfortunately that bonus match was already used last season.  That said, "The Obscured Visage" above is still unused (in my earlier post), and a DL Team Battles V by The Piggyman was also written on the old boards and not used yet.

-----

It had to happen

"Captain!  Off the port bow!"

Recently recruited lad Dart was yelling down from the crow's nest like crazy to Gilder on the <i>Claudia</i>. 

Fina handed Aika the telescope, which she then put to her eye.  "It's...  the <i>Falcon</i>?  With that perverted prince of Eblan at its head...  almost as bad as Vigoro, him.  But the black-clad others...?"

"...Ninjas," Vyse stated with an air of finality.  "Battle stations."

Nets were already quietly descending, as the silent assassins came at their ancient enemy.

* Edge, Shadow, Yuffie, Frank, an FFT ninja... what could possibly stop the DL Ninjas and their real ultimate power?
* The Sky Pirates ruthlessly pillage, rob, and humiliate these laughable excuses for roguery.

----

DL Team Battles VI

We have a match between the highest echelons of heroism and villainy today in the DL Team Battles series.  It'll be a mixed match, with newfound kin from the Dueling League joining each other.

First, our villains, of a sort.  Well-known troublemaker Seifer has rounded up yet another new posse after his humiliation against Fujin and Raijin (***CHANGE IF HE ACTUALLY WINS THAT BONUS MATCH***).  Since this is a villainy team, Seifer will be using his boss form, which could totally defeat that chicken-wuss Squall, eventually, if Squall were to be paralyzed first.  And sometimes he won't die to a single limit!  Seifer's long ago dance-partner Garland has some skill in knocking people down, albeit rather inaccurately.  Hailing from the Queendom of Falena, Alenia and Zahaak need no introduction; as feared Queen's Knights, they possess intelligence and fighting power equal to many men- specifically, about two and a half.  Still, that's marginally better than your average soldier!  And Alenia can even sometimes put her opposition to sleep with the Twilight Rune.  If somehow those above should fall, the mighty Augst Hendrickson will surely finish off the surviving heroes with his exploding counters.

Seifer has a more than worthy opponent, however - Prince Edward of Damcyan, who shall play a melody so horrifying that their internal organs will leak out of their bodies.  Rafa and Malak are...  a different yin and yang to Alenia & Zahaak's yin and yang.  Feared yet reformed assassins brought up by Marquis Barinten, perhaps their opponents can be convinced into standing conveniently next to each other!  It would make their Truthy attacks far more effective.  And meanwhile, old man Gwyn will ruthlessly shatter their swords, rendering their already ineffective attacks...  more ineffective.

Who will win this confrontation, which can only be described as epic?  The unstoppable heroes, or the villainous blackguards?

* B-squad heroes: Edward, Gwyn, Rafa, and Malak
* Seifer's latest posse: Seifer, Garland, Alenia, Zahaak, and Augst

---

Needless to say, if you don't use DL Team Battles V first (Zexen Knights vs. Temple Knights IIRC), the battle above should be renumbered.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 07:54:34 AM »
Thank you Snow people for bonus matches.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
Chin-Off

Nothing personifies a man's worth like a good, strong chin.  The manliest men in history have all possessed firm, square, well-toned chins that looked as though they were chiseled out of solid granite.  A man can get pretty far in life with nothing more than a good attitude and a strong chin.  If you don’t believe me, simply take a look at the two men in the DL with the largest, most impressive jaw lines.

Masaji Kato's chin is legendary.  One look at his burly mandible and you know that this is not the kind of man you want to mess with.  Kato was responsible for throwing the world in turmoil and nearly rewriting history itself, thanks in no small part to the power that his chin commanded.  He would have succeeded in his goals if he didn't have to contend with the sheer awesomeness of Yuri Hyuga; any lesser hero would have surely succumbed to Kato's chin of doom.  If Chuck Norris were to punch Kato in the chin, Chuck Norris would break his hand.

And then, of course, there’s the mighty and multi-talented Big Joe.  He is a former 3-time WWWF champion, an award-winning actor, a prime-time basketball star, a Wimbledon champion, and a recipient of the Pulitzer Prize.  Plus, his chin is massive.  Coincidence?  I think not.  It is a scientific fact that the size of one's chin is directly proportional to one's level of success in life, and Big Joe clearly corroborates this data.  Take a good look at Big Joe's epic jaw line if you don’t believe me.  I even heard that Big Joe once killed a man with his chin.  That thing is deadly, I tell you.

However, there is only enough room for one massive chin in the Dueling League!  Who has the bigger, manlier chin?  Join us now as Masaji Kato and Big Joe engage in the DL's very first (and probably very last) Chin-Off!

Choices:
- Masaji Kato clearly has the better chin
- Big Joe's chin reigns supreme   

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 05:58:43 AM »
Don't Quit Your Day Job 4: Bet You Didn't See this Coming!
~By Meeplelard

After witnessing several humiliations in fighting, Seifer had but one thing left to do.  He didn't like doing it, but it was really his only option left.

He decided to go back to being a professional advisor.  Yes, his advice wasn't exactly the greatest, but considering he still helped Meflice find his true calling in cooking, and was indirectly the result of "Dragon Warrior: The Legendary Story" theatrical production that was number one in the box office for months, its hard to say he doesn't have SOME success at it.

After reaching his office and being greeted by his secretary Shiho (and rightfully mocked at the same time...yes, he was mocked by Shiho of all people, but that's not important), he decided it was best to go back to business!

Looking at his paper of appointments that somehow knew exactly when he was returning (yes, Seifer is predictable like that), he called in his first guest.

And no one appeared.

"Damn it! Where the hell is he? Shiho! Where's the first potential?"

"I sent him in already." Shiho replied.

"Well, I don't see him!" Seifer exclaimed.  Before he could say something else...

"I'm right here!" a voice of a small child exclaimed.  Seifer looked over his desk, and saw what looked like a little cloud with a face, arms, and wearing some shorts.  The first thing that came to Seifer's mind...after various other things...was "oh boy, a freak; seems things are back to normal."

"Alright, take a seat..." Seifer said, shuffling through his papers looking for the name "Mallow of Nimbus land is it?"

"That's me alright!"

"Aren't you a little...young to start working?"

"Well, my mom and dad said that if I am to grow up to be king, I need to get some early experience in the professional world, and according to our sources in Nimbus Land, we learned you're the best person to come too!"

"...why do I have the feeling that's just your way of saying 'you're the only person who does this stuff and I didn't really have a choice in the manner,'?"  Seifer replied snidely.  Seifer then went over Mallow's resume. "Well...seems you're still young, your small size won't be very helpful for manual labor, and you have no experience in like...anything..."

"Why are you being so mean?" Mallow questioned.

"Hey, its not my fault you're just a little squirt."

"I...*sniff*" Mallow at this point started crying.  The result caused it to rain...inside of Seifer's office.

"WHO THE HELL TURNED ON THE SPRINKLERS?"

"I...*sniff* sorry, but when I cry, it starts raining." Mallow at this pointed had calmed down.

"So you can control weather is what you're saying?"

"Somewhat, yes..."

"...well, that opens up one job offer!  You're being a meteorologist."

"A...what?"

"Says here you can predict weather.  Now, you can take it, or I can start making fun of you again." Seifer said, forgetting that causing him to cry to might flood his entire office out.

"A Weather Man you say? I'll take it!" Mallow said, grabbing the paper work and running out the door.

"Well, things are back to the way they use to be...whatever that means.  Anyway, bring the next one in!" Seifer exclaimed.

In walked a young brown haired girl, holding what looked like a staff, wearing pink.  This doesn't really explain much, so we'll just flat out tell you that its Sophia Esteed.

"So, I hear you have a job lined up for me?" She said, smiling.

"Uh, yeah, whatever.  So, you've been in Outer Space according to this?"

"I have! Why does that matter?"

"Do you have any experience piloting space crafts then?"

"None whatsoever!"

"...god damn it, well, THAT idea is out the window.  So...as much as it pains me to ask this, what the hell do you like to do?"

"Oh, well, I like polishing my nails, walks in the mall, shopping, talking on the phone for hours about absolutely nothing..." she continued to ramble on for this for a while, Seifer smacking himself in the head occasionally thinking "Why the hell did I even ask?"  It was near the end when she said "Trying on clothes" somewhere in all that rambling that an idea sparked in Seifer to shut her up.

"Fashion Designer it is." Seifer said signing the forms.

"And...wait, what was that?"

"I mean, you're going to be a fashion designer, whether you like it or not."

Sophia was speechless.  It is unknown as to whether it was out of excitement or just plain awe at Seifer being...well, Seifer.  Either way, she didn't really have much of a choice but to accept the paper work and walked out of the room.

"In fairness, Seifer, you did ask a teenage school girl what she liked to do, did you really expect anything less?" Shiho said seemingly chuckling at Seifer's pain at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, just send in the next person."

"Um, yeah, about him...well, he got a bit out of hand, so I had to deal with him in...unique methods."

"Don't tell me you..."

"Oh, no! I just merely mean I had security detain him in the closest object possible...which is to say, he got stuffed in a barrel. and kicked out of here."

"Uh-huh...does this exempt me from doing his paper work then?"

"No."

"God damn it! So what did he do exactly that made him get kicked out like that?"

"Tried to gamble with the two previous appointments, and generally annoying them at the same time...and actually brought his weapon with him as well."

"Gambling you say?  Well, lets sentence him to doing nothing for that!  Shiho, make sure you send these forms to his house, and make it clear we won't accept no for an answer...what was his name again?"

"Alonso, and it doesn't matter that he's apparently good with ships, does it?"

"Nope! Not at all!  Just send in the last appointment, so we can get this day over with."  Seifer said, seemingly tired,  despite having slept most of the day anyway.

"Aha!  But you fail to realize that, due to God's power, I am already here!" shouted the voice of an old man.

"...what the hell? Yes, I know you're in this building; if you weren't, you'd be late for the appointment." said Seifer.

"Don't mind him, Seifer; this guy likes to ramble about his 'God' and all that.  Just suck it up." Shiho said.

Seifer sighed, and motioned for him to come in.  Entered was a bald priest with white facial hair, wearing a purple robe.

"So...your name is Habaruku is it...and you can transform into some weird octopus thing?"

"This is all the will of our God! Give yourself to the power of St. Eva and you will be saved!"

"I'm far beyond saving at this point, so not even going to try.  And besides, didn't that religion die out a while ago?"

"Well, most of our churches did suffer from Kaiser Dragon related terrorist acts...and then we were (rightfully) accused of being the cause of most of the demons in our world, thus scaring off most of our followers.  Oh, and my God decided to get a new disciple in some guy who calls himself the Space Pope."

"...that was a simple yes or no answer, damn it!  I didn't ask for your ROMANTIC (if you can call it that) life story."

"But there is far more to be gained by the power of God, young one, why don't you consider it?"

"Well, I have been considering one thing..." Seifer said, seemingly thinking for once in his life.

"And what might that be, heathen?"

"Well, you're good at religious propaganda, it seems, to make a clearly evil being seem so popular, would you say?"

"THE GOD OF ST. EVA IS ABSOLUTE! DO NOT MOCK HIM!"

"...yeah, this job is perfect.  Listen up, what you're going to do is going to take this form, go to Nanjo Studios , and do what you always did, except on live public broadcasts."

"Are you saying the word of God isn't good enough for Cable, even basic?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying!  Now, you can take it, or I can make arrangements to have some draconic security deal with you."

"Your offer intrigues me!  My God is happy to oblige!  I will take you up on this and become the greatest priest on Television!"

"Yeah, yeah, good, now just get out of my office already damn it!"

Seifer let out one last sigh, having finally finished a days work...for all that he didn't really do much but argue with a few people.  So the question is, as it always shall be...

WHO IS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL IN THEIR JOBS?

-Predicting Weather is easy when you control it!
-Sophia knows popularity, so her designs naturally win!
-Alonso finally succeeds at gambling since he has nothing to lose!
-Televanelgists aer the ultimate scam, Habaruku takes full advantage of this!
-They all fail miserably, a long vacation has not been good for Seifer
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:45:39 AM by Meeplelard »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »
Hope for the Hopeless
~Meeplelard

"What do you mean we've been forced into another stalemate?" the lord of Norgard said in an infuriating voice.

"Its just as I said.  Your tactic of sending hordes of Ghouls, Giant Scorpions and Mermen, along with just Ector, Elaine and Faticia as your only knights to take down the enemy's front lines ended in failure.  Our losses were minimum, granted, hence why its a stalemate..." replied a red haired Cyborg.

"How could this be? We had strength in numbers! Damn those Kooluk bastards and they're preference of chocolate over strawberry ice cream!  They'll pay for that blasphemous thoughts!" Vaynard screamed. "DURAN! What do you think?"

"Well, my fairy strategist has told us that we should stop attacking their Rune Cannons head on, and instead battle it in long range combat! I mean,  they're just cannons, clearly  their fortress is not suited for ranged combat as we are!" replied the mercenary from Forcena.

"Sir, not that I question your brilliance in planning, but if I may ask my lord, how many attempts have we tried at taking out the Kooluk?" said Guinglain to Vaynard.

"This would be only the second attempt!" replied Vaynard.

"Actually, according to Wren's data, this is the 7th attempt in the past 2 weeks...heck, we've tried 3 times in the past 4 days even." replied Mieu.

"Well, don't you think that this battle might be a bit out of our reach for now?  I think it would be best we hold off and try to study our opponent a bit, and discover a potential weakness." Guinglain stated.

"Bah! The White Wolf of Norgard needs no time to take advantage of such useless details like weaknesses!  As is predicted by the stars, we will take over the Kooluk and they're master Graham Cray will kneel before me as I mock his ever pathetic black eyes!"

"Oh, yes, long live Vaynard! You have my support til the end!" Duran shouted.

"Yes! Ok, our new strategy will be to use Pixies!  Yes, with all those spells they can cast, the enemy army will be running amok as we trounce them!  Any objections to this strategy?"

"Um, sir, if you don't mind, I believe we ran out of Pixies in the strategy where we used them as catapult ammunition." stated Mieu yet again.

"Alright...so lets MEET THEM HEAD ON THEN!  All forces, move out! We will start tommorrow!"

The strategy session was closed at this point, as Vaynard's brilliant planning of taking out the Kooluk's with his newly built up Norgard Defense Force was about to commence.

So the next day had arrived, and after about two hours of fighting...

"What do you MEAN we still haven't won?  How can those fools last so long?" Vaynard shouted.

"Well, in fairness, wars aren't usually won in a day, sir." replied one of the nameless knights Vaynard had hired.

"GET OUT OF MY ARMY FOR SPEAKING SUCH NONSENSE, NOW!" Vaynard screamed.

The fight wasn't really going anywhere, though.  Vaynard's forces clashed with Cray's, and neither could really make much of any progress.  At some point in the fight, over what seemed like a loudspeaker coming from a balcony in the tower...

"Ahahahahaha! Foolish Norgard!  Do you really think you can stand before my mighty power?  Now you can give up and run away, or I'll be forced to use the Rune of Punishment on you!" Cray stated.

Scene shifted to Graham Cray standing on that balcony, with a few of his advisors.

"Um, sir, I hate remind you that you don't HAVE the Rune of Punishment."

"I know that! But I'm sure they don't.  We aren't going to need it anyway.  Have you EVER heard of a victory in the favor of the Norgard Defense Force?  This fight has been won by my tactical genius and strategic location before it was even started!" Cray stated, followed by a sinister laugh.

Back to the actual battle...

"You think you can scare me with your blithering nonsense? The White Wolf fears nothing!  Norgard, show them the true power that was given to us by the heavens!  We will take down all that oppose us!"  Vaynard exclaimed.

At this moment, with a flash of light and a pillar of...more light, an odd figure appeared in front of the Norgard Defense Force, facing the enemy.  Clad in Black Armor, draped in a large crimson cape, wielding a magnificently large sword, he stood there unmoved by the oncoming army's next charge.  Moments later, he raised his sword and in one slash, the entire front lines of Kooluk had been blasted away.

"What just happened? Where did a warrior like that come from?" Graham Cray exclaimed, looking in a telescope that was definitely NOT there a moment ago.

"Forces of Kooluk, who abuse the power of rune for your own destructive purposes, you will give up now unless you wish to face me.  For I am the Black Knight." stated this new figure, calmly. 

"Damn it, didn't expect them to actually be smart enough to call in support of someone like him.  Forces, pull back! We need to rethink our strategy!" Cray shouted over the loudspeaker to the rest of his army.  At this point, the Kooluk army withdrew.

The knight turned towards Vaynard and followed up by saying "Do you wish for some assistance in taking down the enemy?"

"The Black...what a generic name.  Bah! Why should I trust you? And how do I know you're worthy of being part of Norgard Defense Force!"

"I can simply note that I just took down a whole battalion of soldiers in a single strike..." the Black Knight responded "and then there's the fact that I am nearly invincible in combat."

"Ha! You? Invincible? I'll be the one to judge that. Duran! Take him out!"  Vaynard shouted.

"Yes sir, my lord!" Duran shouted, appearing seemingly out of nowhere. "Ha! I defeated the Black Shine Knight...with the help of 8 Mana Spirits and several allies...you'll be no different! I mean, you don't even have the word Shine in your name!"

"I see.  So you are to be my opponent? Very well, I will accept your challenge, but I can't guarantee your life." Black Knight responded.

"HA! You couldn't take it even if you tried!" Duran responded.

(In fairness to Duran, he is correct in one sense.  Duran has a way of defying death based on pure hot headed stubbornness, which turns death into nothing more than a temporary set back with some amnesia involved.)

Duran charged at the Black Knight, slashing at him, and each hit doing nothing more than a tink sound.

"Your skills are admirable, but your mind is elsewhere.  If you could get your act together, you could have a strong warrior." the Black Knight said as Duran was slashing at him "but I think this little charade has gone on enough" and with that, the Black Knight withdrew Alondite, and with one slash, Duran was knocked about 50 feet back, and back bent in such a way that people didn't think was possible, though, that was probably because Duran happened to fall directly perpendicular to a large vertical rock, and not cause of the Black Knight's attack directly, but that's an aside.  "Does this vouch for my own strength?"

"You've just defeated one of my stronger warriors and higher ups in Duran.  I see, perhaps you are much stronger than I gave you credit for.  Maybe there is room for you on the NDF! I see, well then, we shall discuss what course of action we will take now with our new ally! Victory will soon be ours!" Vaynard shouted.

So with that, in an unexpected turn of events, the "legendary" NDF gained support of the greatest of the 4 Riders of Daien, the Black Knight.  But can his might alone be enough to overthrow Graham Cray?  Or is this fight truly one that is that far out of Vaynard's reach?

-With their new ally, the NDF gets their first victory...ever.
-Not even the Black Knight can make up for all the NDF's failings.

NOTE: If someone wants to rewrite this match or something and make it better (Vaynard could probably be made even more hilariously over the top), then feel free.  Just note that I want the following kept:
A. Has to be the Norgard Defense Force
B. Black Knight has to be the ally.
C. They have to be facing Kooluk.
D. The reason for the war has to be something as similarly ridiculous as the one I gave (Chocolate vs. Strawberry Ice Cream)

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 12:49:38 AM »
<i>Spyduck: From Hoenn with Love from Dr. Mime's Octillery Who Loved Me With A Lunatoneraker :Dialgas Are Forever: Arbok Eater.</i>

A subtle quack.

The guard, a Weezing, whirls in place, trying to catch the noise.

The grate above him opens, and Spyduck, International Psyduck Of Mystery, holds a gun on him from above.

Then tackles him from above, because the dumb Weezing hadn't noticed yet.

Join the adventures of Spyduck, his sidekick Dittocon and his love interest Persian Galore, as he travels through the darkest jungles(While making out with his love interest), infiltrates dark and dank and also well lit installations(While making out with his love interest), battles the evil Dr. Mime, and has thrilling cliffhanger torture scenes(While making out with his love interest).

(Note, all instances of love interest interaction may or may not actually exist.)

You will witness old staples, such as Spyduck driving a Lamborghini at high speeds over twisted mountain roads simply because it looks awesome doing it, Spyduck pulling out a portable laser cannon to open doors, Spyduck pulling out a portable laser cannon to sever his bonds, Spyduck pulling out a portable laser cannon to reheat his coffee, and Spyduck snaping the necks of Hitmonlee guards using only the power of it's mind while they wonder what that noise was.

You will thrill as Dr. Mime, stroking his Purugly, holds the world hostage with his Dialga powered, Lunar Metal Gear mounted, Time-Compression Cannon, for one trillion Pokedollars, an entirely impossible to fulfill request since no one can hold that many! Will Spyduck manage to save the day and get the girl!? Will Spyduck have his head shaken or stirred!? Will there be Mudkips and hot Skitty on Wailord action!? Only time will tell!

(Except that last part. The answer is definitely no there.)

-Spyduck captures Dr. Mime and saves the day.
-Spyduck makes Dr. Mime faint and loses his chance at camo, but still saves the day.
-Spyduck saves the day, but Dr. Mime gets away.
-Dr. Mime is piloting Blissohod. He's not losing this century. He'll lose, just not this century.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 04:24:17 AM »
[size=14]Shadow May Cry![/size]
-Meeplelard

It was a dusky afternoon in Wales...much like is always the case there since time never seems to flow.  But that's an aside.  Coming down his spiral staircase as always was Roger Bacon himself, with Yuri sleeping and taking a nap on his couch, which apparently wasn't that uncommon since he wasn't at all surprised to see Yuri there.

"Yuri, wake up!" yelled the ghoul.  No response. "I said Wake Up darn it! I need your help with something!"  Still no response.  Sighing, Roger Bacon went over to what appeared to be the equivalent of an early 20th century stereo system.  Pressing a single button, loud music that can only be described as "Swing"...unpopular Swing at that, echoed through the tiny house.  Needless to say, the Harmonixer jumped to his feet.

"Damn it old man!  What the hell are you trying to do? Make me deaf and/or Insane?" Yuri exclaimed.

"Well, at least I got your attention.  Now listen here, Yuri.  I have got some info on the whereabouts of an ancient object and I want you to investigate it for me!"

"...you don't sound very confident about it this time." Yuri responded.

"Well, the source I got it from was some jester figure who wouldn't stop making cracks at my appearance, so it may very well be a trap.  Of course, I'm at a loss for leads at the moment, which is exactly why I'm sending you."

"I see, I see.  You're too weak and old to do it yourself, so you're sending in me to look for it for you, and possibly kill anything that might get in your way, or try to stop your research of it, right?"  Yuri said, after yawning some.  "So, what the hell am I looking for exactly?"

"A fabled Crystal of Lightning!  People believed there to be only 4 Crystals, representing Fire, Water, Wind and Earth.  But Apparently, there's a 5th, which may yet prove my hypothesis that the Suikoden Worlds and Final Fantasy Worlds are indeed connected!"  Roger Bacon exclaimed.

"Ok, no.  I'm calling bullshit on that one.  There's no way you came up with that theory until about 5 minutes ago."

"Whatever.  Either way, I need you to go looking into it for me! Besides, its not like you have anything better to do at the moment!"

"Well..." Yuri said, looking at his schedule, which consisted mostly of things like "Time with Alice", "Feed and/or Walk Blanca", "See Edge's next insane scheme, and watch it blow up in his face, and probably involve Piastol or Orlandu in some manner" "...I suppose I could fit it in sometime soon.  Guess I might as well get it over with sooner or later."

"Good boy Yuri!  I knew I could count on you!"

"Yeah, yeah.  I also know that if I said no, you'd find a way to force me into doing it anyway, so I figure I'd just avoid that altogether" Yuri said as he walked out of the house, with a map involving directions to where this supposed Crystal is.

-----

City streets, in front of a building with neon letters spelling out "Devil May Cry", a phone can be heard ringing.

"Devil May Cry.  No, I'm sorry, we just closed, try again tomorrow." the voice of a red coated man with white hair, sitting in a chair with his feet relaxed on the table. "What's with these people always calling me after I'm closed? I should make my hours more public" he said, spinning around in his chair, revealing himself to be none other than Dante.

Moments later, the doors of his joint busted open, with not so friendly looking jester appearing. Dante sighed, knowing exactly what was about to transpire.

"Let me guess.  You have a special job for me, and its not one that can wait."

"You're sharper than you look, Dante, son of Sparda."

"If you're trying to impress me with that, you're not succeeding." Dante said.  "Anyway, what kind of job is this?"

"There's special object of which holds great power in the Tower of Syrcus 200 miles north of here.  I would like you to investigate it, and take down anyone else who is in your way.  And this does include others looking for the object too, I might add."

"And what's in it for me?"

"Do a good job, and I'll see to it that you're well rewarded.  You may even learn something new about your father."

"The usual excuse, huh?" Dante said, turning his head down as though he was thinking for a moment. "Fine, you got yourself a deal." Dante said, bringing his head back up only noticing the odd clown had left.  "Huh, I see he at least had manners to not try and kill me before telling me of the mission.  Whatever, lets get this party started," Dante exclaimed, kicking back from his desk, and jumping out of the door.

-----

The Tower of Syrcus, a crystal tower that is said to lead directly to the Dark World.  It is high with many floors before one reaches the top.

"This...*huff*...tower...*puff*...is...*wheeze*...too...*pant* HIGH!" Yuri said, as he finally got off a large stair case in what looked like a large open room with many openings to the outside.  "God damn it Roger!  Why didn't you tell me this tower was so damn high! I'd have not passed up that free lunch on the way here damn it!" Yuri shouted, pissed off.  "Well, this is as good a time as ever to take a breather.  Good thing the demons here are all pretty much wi-" Yuri's line was interrupted as he heard a gunshot and a bullet grazed his ear.

"I see...so I wasn't alone on this search after all." stated a figure behind Yuri, holding a white revolver outstretched.

"You know, there are more proper ways of saying hi." Yuri stated, turning around, seeing nothing more than Dante standing behind him, not that he recognized him.  "You got some guts trying to kill me with nothing more than a pistol."

"So you think you're tough, eh?  Well then, try this on for size!" Dante said, pulling Rebellion, his trademark sword, out of his back sheath, charging Yuri with it.  Yuri managed to parry away the hit with his hands, and threw a swift kick as Dante leaped back.

"You're pretty good, which is more than I can say about everything else in this tower." said Yuri, amused to finally fight someone who could be deemed worthy.

"And here I thought this was going to be a hoax of a job," Dante replied "Well then, what's say we finish this charade!" Dante said, charging Yuri even faster this time, successfully slicing off Yuri's left arm.  "Now, I might let you live if you give up now," Dante said.

Yuri just sighed, picked up his left arm with his right, and reattached it like it was nothing. "God damn it! I hate when that happens."

Dante was mildly shocked at first, but then quickly came to his senses, and simply responded "So you're not entirely human either, I see.  Never thought I'd meet someone like you in this tower!"

"Yeah, well, feelings mutual!  You'll find I'm full of surprises!" Yuri exclaimed, charging Dante, shoving his claw through Dante's chest, then transforming into Death Emperor, his most basic fusion, and blasting him through one of the windows off the tower "and it'll teach you to never keep your guard down against the likes of me!" Yuri shouted as he watched Dante fall to his impending doom.

...or so Yuri thought, as moments later as Yuri was walking away from the scene, the sound of some vehicle could be heard approaching...fast.  Almost as though it was coming up the tower.  Yuri turned around to see nothing more than Dante come flying through the very same window he was knocked out of on a Motorcycle, virtually unscathed by Yuri's attack.

"I'm...no, I've seen too much weird stuff in my day to even bother questioning how you just defied the laws of physics, much less found a motorcycle I know for a fact wasn't there...well, I guess you could have brought it...but then I'd just question why you didn't do that in the first place."

"Its part of the job."

"I see...well, obviously you've got some sort of connections to demons too...or maybe I'm just going delirious from all this climbing.  Either way, how about we stop fooling around and get serious!" Yuri said, getting into his fighting position.

"Sounds good to me..." Dante said, squaring off in his own ready pose looking at Yuri "let's rock!"

-----

Glaring into a crystal ball, Dhoulmagus could be seen watching the two "Demon Hunters" for lack of a better description go at it.

"Yes, this is perfect.  Now that the son of Ben Hyuga and Son of Sparda are going at it, the two will inevitably destroy themselves! This will prove interesting entertainment indeed, and ultimately, resort in the loss of two potential threats on my way to supreme power!" he exclaimed, followed by his trademark evil laughter.

So the question remains: WHO WILL WIN?  Will Yuri and his plethora of fusions, skills with martial arts, and awesome brown trench coat emerge victorious? Or will Dante, with his unique ability to make even something as mundane as eating pizza look bad ass, come out ahead?

-Yuri teaches Dante a thing or two about Demon Fusion
-Dante never dies, Yuri learns this the hard way.
-The two ultimately agree this fight is pointless and decide to work together in finding out the truth.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 04:22:50 AM »
Sword Girl Alliance[/size]
-Meeplelard

"This is Lyndis Caelin of Division Emerald.  Base, can you hear me?" said the sacaein Blade Lord standing in front of the horizon, talking on what looks like a head set "I repeat, this Lyndis Caelin, Division Emerald.  We have found the target, awaiting orders!"

Some static was heard, but eventually, through it "Divison Emerald, we have verified your position, this is Lieutenant Fenril of Division Sapphire.  What's the status?" Fenril responded.

"Well, first off...can I ask why we need to do things in this style? IT feels so...unnatural."

"Beats me myself.  Also, can I ask why you contacted us instead of Captain Terra or Lieutenant Asellus?" responded Fenril.

"Well, Terra's busy at the front lines insuring things go along fine, and Asellus...well, lets just say it was generally agreed I'd be less...freaky regarding certain...ah, well you know."  said Lyn.

"Fair enough.  Anyway, what's going on down there?"

"We have found the target.  Any ideas what we should do?" responded Lyn, looking at the rest of Division Emerald, which is to say, the Green Haired group.

"Hold your position.  I'll talk to Captain Lenneth regarding what to do next." responded Fenril.

Scene shifts to the base of the Sword Girl Alliance.  Fenril was scene heading towards Lenneth, who is captain of Division Sapphire.

"I see, so the reconnaissance of Division Emerald done?  Tell them to hold where they are.  Between Division Silver and Division Gold, who is closer according to Division Emerald's data?" responded Lenneth.

"It seems Division Silver is."

"Contact Captain Chris and tell them to advance.  Its probably best for Division Gold to keep on eye on things from a distance just in case they require back up."

---

"I see, very well, I'll inform the captain.  Lieutenant Raquel, Division Silver, over and out!"  responded the self styled warrior.  Reporting this info to Chris, they headed out, alongside the rest of Division Silver, which consisted of the likes of Paine, Avril, Anita, Jewel, and Steena.

---

"Ah, yes, good to know.  I'll inform Captain Beatrix right away.  Celes Chere, Lieutenant of Division Gold, out!"  Celes said, turning to Beatrix "It seems we're to head over to help out Division Silver, as they've located Seymour."

"Is there a reason why they need more than one of our squads to take him out? From what I've read, Division Silver should be more than enough to deal with the likes of him."

"It seems he has a new toy.  Apparently, he modified it and calls it Gundam Anima."

"So its from the Super Robot Wars world.  Well, that's just great.  Anyway, Nina the first! We'll be needing you to take us to the position told to us by Division Sapphire!" Beatrix ordered to that very Nina.  The two leaders of Division Gold, accompanied by the rest of the group which included the likes of Kika, Agrias, and Sharon, all boarded Nina the first in her bird form.

Thus, the first real mission of the Sword Girl Alliance was going to be underway!  So how will it go? Also, one has to wonder whatever happened to Division Ruby and Division Onyx...

-Division Silver takes care of Seymour without incident
-Division Silver defeats Seymour once Division Gold arrives for back up
-Both squads fail, despite the team effort, reinforcements from other divisions are forced in.

---

Author Note: Yes, this is roughly based on Bleach regarding the ranks.  Captain = Highest member of a division, Lieutenant is the second highest, the others are all lower.  Yeah, yeah, you can murder me later.  For the record, no, Division Sapphire isn't the so called head of the team; just they're the ones located at the base, thus things get relayed to them.  Naturally, I couldn't put all characters I wanted to in this.  If someone wants to rework this to make sense (do not change characters roles mind), feel free.  Rewrite the damned thing if you want, barring what character roles, etc.  Yes, I rushed the hell out of this write up, I just wanted the idea down and done cause if I don't do it now, I'll never get it done, etc.  Yes, the two other divisions mentioned are those i didn't get a chance to put in; yeah, I have things planned out for future bonus matches, I just needed to ACTUALLY START THEM.

Yes, I'm aware this write up is really freaking bad.

randomhero

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 07:31:23 AM »
I say we have ourselves an old fashioned cage match. Just throwing it out there.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
If you can think up the idea then the hard part is already done, just write it.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 04:52:41 AM »
P.S - If you feel the writing is crappy, feel free to edit it.

Bringing a Knife to a Gunfight

Everyone's heard it before. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight! Otherwise, you'll lose and be shot in the face...
Well, today, there's four individuals who are here to challenge this claim. In return, four of the top gunners come to face these knife-wielding hopefuls.

On the side of the knives, we have a strong team consisting of Hugo, Kid, Locke Cole and Zidane Tribal. This team is fast, strong and ready for a slaughter. Hugo is a powerful force for the team, with his True Fire Rune at hand. Capable of unleashing amazingly powerful spells that can damage each and every single one of those gunners, not to mention, powerful swing combos with his knife, Hugo is definitely a great assist here. Locke and Kid themselves will also be able to rapidly inflict good damage, with their great speed and knife skills. Granted, their thievery won't be of much help, but they won't need it to take out the gunners! Last but not least, Zidane completes the team. With his ever useful Soul Blade, Zidane will be able to rain on the gunners with any wicked status he desire. This team of knife fighters are ready to show the gunners what a knife can do!

---

Going to the side of the guns, we have Gilder, Lucca Ashtear, Rudy Roughknight and Jane Maxwell. These gunners are deadly, accurate and totally capable of sizing up these feeble knife wielders. Gilder will prove to be a useful crew member, with his powerful Gunsligner to bring the pain on one unlucky knife wielder, or The Claudia to hurt them all! His Aura of Denial can also be handy if any of those brats attempt to use status on the team. Lucca has a great range of powerful fire spells, as well as Protect to help an ally who might need it. Rudy is there to bring the pain. Capable of dealing great damage with his powerful Mighty Avalanche and Gun Claymore, among other abilities, all able to destroy its target. Let's not forget Jane, who will equally prove to be a useful ally on this team, with her gamebest accuracy and evasion. This team of gunners is here to give a whole meaning to their faithful saying!

Which team will prove victorious? Let the battle begin!

- The knife wielding team muster up a win, and forever rid existence of that pathetic saying. Knives can easily beat a gun...
- The gunners win the battle, staying true to the saying. Guns will forever be superior to knives...
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.